HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

How good is Grabovski?

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2006, 01:03 PM
advantage2006

vCash: 500
How good is Grabovski?

I want know how good is Grabovski anyway?The things I hear in this site makes him seem like our best prospect.

Oh and is he the guy who wears the white skates and idolized Mario?

Old
09-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Shabutie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoFuCliwdww
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAsFxz67p3U

Habs will have their eye on him during camp.

Old
09-09-2006, 01:12 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage2006 View Post
I want know how good is Grabovski anyway?The things I hear in this site makes him seem like our best prospect.

Oh and is he the guy who wears the white skates and idolized Mario?
He is our best prospect and he will prove it in the rookie and main camp. This guy simply has amazing wheels lightning quick hands, great moves, goal scoring instincts, great vision and awsome work ethic. At 5'11 hes not particuliarly small but he needs to get stronger. After his performance at the Worlds he became my favorite prospect and i believe that we have the successor of Koivu in our hands with even better potential (scoring wise).

Old
09-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
It's way too soon to tell.

There is good chances that he'll start the year in the AHL.

Old
09-09-2006, 01:42 PM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax
Mikhail "the flying mullet" Grabovsky!!!

Looking forward to see him play against the big guys during pre-season...

Old
09-09-2006, 02:07 PM
deandebean

He looks good right now, because he's a mature hockey player who already played at the pro level. The other kids are mainly 2 to 3 years youngers.

We'll see at the big camp. I saw the goals he scored on RIS. Has the moves. But it's when the traffic thickens that we'll see if he can adapt.

I suspect he can make the team if he's spectacular. He will need time to adjust, though.

Old
09-09-2006, 02:09 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by furax View Post
Mikhail "the flying mullet" Grabovsky!!!

Looking forward to see him play against the big guys during pre-season...
Hes already used to it playing in the RSL , and dominating in the worlds. I understand people being cautious with their comments but to me, he is the real deal and can make it happen now.

Old
09-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Hes already used to it playing in the RSL , and dominating in the worlds. I understand people being cautious with their comments but to me, he is the real deal and can make it happen now.
That's on bigger ice though, we'll see what he does in the pre-season for us. He's got a chance to earn a spot just like the rest of them, but I think due to Koivu's uncertainty he might just have a spot for the first weeks/months.

Old
09-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Sorry guys, I'm feeling negative today..... Might be the weather....

But is it me or on his breakaway he didn't seem to have that quickness and that fluidity that we saw on the clips at the World's??? He did have an awesome move at the end, the puck seems glued to his stick.....

Do the guys play with new equipement? Did he still have that larger than life padding that could explain this or was my TV in slow motion?????

But as far as Muller saying that he looked too fast sometimes, wanting to do too much, well you play with Kosty Jr. who still has tons of learning to do and White who was everything to learn, I understand Grabo wanting to do everything.....

Thanks.

Old
09-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I give him credit for his RSL season but to say he got more potential than Koivu had becuase he scored a lot against Ukraine and Kazakstan is a stretch imo.

Old
09-09-2006, 02:49 PM
SergeiKost99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post

wow he is fast. faster than i expected

Old
09-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Rattray

very impressive IMO

Old
09-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
HOLY!

Old
09-09-2006, 03:08 PM
bookworm

There's an article about Grabovski on cyberpresse.ca

It's mostly about how he's surprising everyone but there was an interesting tidbit towards the end about how the Habs noticed him:

Timmins and his scouting team surprised many observers in June, 2004 by selecting this young man whose name appeared nowhere on the NHL's draft reports. Grabovski had vanished from the radars because he had been ignored by all the league's teams for his two years of eligibility in 2002 and 2003 but Pierre Gauthier discovered him a few months before the draft.

"I was going to see Kostitsyn play and suddenly, there was Grabovski, said Gauthier at the time. At the World Championships with the senior team, he might have played better than Kostitsyn. He isn't a big guy but he plays well in the corners. He's more of a playmaker than a scorer. He also has the good type of game to adapt well to the north-american style."

Another interesting thing is that while he isn't a big guy, he apparently looks "like a monster" without his equipment on.

Anyway, if you can read french, you might want to go read the article because my talents as a translator are rather limited...
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...006/CPSPORTS01

Old
09-09-2006, 03:18 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
The kid has alot of tools. He's fast and has skills...we all know the only knock on him, is his size. His performance at the real camp will really tell if he has a shot at making the ch roster. At least, he isn't a 22 years old guy who just finished his senior year in the NCAA (not pro's). He has played vs men's in the RSL and in the WC's.

We tried to sign him last year but he wanted to play for his new team (Dynamo Moscow). Can't wait to see him play.

Last edited by CH Wizard: 09-09-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old
09-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Weis
Rise Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
not particuliarly small but he needs to get stronger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
he apparently looks "like a monster" without his equipment on.
Looks like he have the speed, skill, maturity (22) and strength to play in the nhl! Now, he needs to adapt to NA (language, smaller ice and teammate). Will be nice to watch him vs NHLer

Old
09-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Michel Bergeron interviewed on CKAC about Grabovski :

-He dosen't like that Timmins rave about him , because he didn't talk about Latendresse last year.
-Then he talked about Latendresse for 5mins...

Old
09-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Talent Analyst

IMO He's our number 3 better prospect . Price , Latendresse and Grabovsky and Kostitsyn is my prospect ranking . Not base on potential , but what would be on NHL .

Old
09-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

-He dosen't like that Timmins rave about him , because he didn't talk about Latendresse last year.
Clearly Bergy has forgotten that Timmins was drooling all over Latendresse, even saying to the media after one of those rookie tourney games last year ''what a player!''. Latendresse has definitely taken over for Theo as the 110%/CKAC crew's ''we must promote, praise and defend him at all times'' player. Even when a convo is about another rookie it always comes back to Latendresse, it's annoying. And I like Latendresse!

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 09-09-2006 at 04:22 PM.
Old
09-09-2006, 04:38 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
I give him credit for his RSL season but to say he got more potential than Koivu had becuase he scored a lot against Ukraine and Kazakstan is a stretch imo.
Ive been watching hockey for 17 years and i know talent when i see it and this guy has lots of it. Youre saying that he scored a lot against Ukraine and Kazakstan but he wasnt playing with great players either. I also recall him playing a great game against Russia..His hands and skating are well above average and hes a fearless hard worker. The Koivu comparaison is not that far off IMO.

Old
09-09-2006, 05:03 PM
kostitsyn1489

I think Grabovski will be better then Kostitsyn. Not only because of this game but anytime these two player play together Grabovski was the best. I think it'll be a really good duo but chance are there Grabovski could be better. He's a complete steal. Nobody draft him for 2 years then we pick this guy from no where and he's impressive.

Cant wait to see him in pre-season game I hope him and Kostitsyn will play well and together take 2 spots in habs line-up.

Old
09-09-2006, 09:34 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:

-Then he talked about Latendresse for 5mins...
He did not... did he?

To me Grabovski, from the video I've seen, looks like he has excellent vision/passing and speed/hands (tho Muller hinted that maybe his hands weren't as fast as his feet).

Muller also hinted that he wasn't too interested in the physical game, didn't he? He said something about "rude..." in the context of a French translation that I don't understand.

I've also seen him be irresponsible in his own end a few times in the video.

Old
09-09-2006, 09:58 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
He did not... did he?

To me Grabovski, from the video I've seen, looks like he has excellent vision/passing and speed/hands (tho Muller hinted that maybe his hands weren't as fast as his feet).

Muller also hinted that he wasn't too interested in the physical game, didn't he? He said something about "rude..." in the context of a French translation that I don't understand.
He said the opposite!

"Ce Grabovski est pas mal impressionnant, a mentionné l'entraîneur des jeunots du CH Kirk Muller, pas plus déçu qu'il le faut du résultat. Il est très rapide, trop parfois. Par moments, il tentait de trop en faire. Il ne craint pas le jeu rude non plus."
That Grabovski kid is pretty impressive, said Muller, Not disapointed by the result. He's really fast, some times he tries to do to much. He's not affraid of the physical play either.

Old
09-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Is Petrov still in town ? I would be good to have him around Grabovski.

Old
09-09-2006, 10:27 PM
kostitsyn fan

you re 110% wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
He did not... did he?

im french, and if you know how to read french, you would realize exactly the opposite of what you re saying... next time, take a french-english dictionnaire and search a little bit more please!

Last edited by kostitsyn fan: 09-09-2006 at 10:30 PM. Reason: mistake
Closed Thread