HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Well At least it was close

Old
04-23-2013, 10:02 PM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
We need physical Dmen I agree but these are expensive and hard to get... I'm talking about GOOD physical Dmen, not some plug who plays 10min a night. We need 1 or 2 of these in our top4.

How do we proceed ? Tinordi is coming along but he's still a project. Trade for another one ? We'll have to pay big time, imo, something like a good player + a good prospect and maybe even a pick. We have too many small players in our top6, DD, Gionta, Gallagher... I love Gallagher so I would always keep him there, but Gio and DD need to go.

Cant stand watching DD play for this club 4 more years, jesus.

Oh and Price needs to see a sport psychologist or something, badly.
Physical Dmen can be acquired easier than you think, and whether he's an elite one is irrelevant. Tinordi will be ready in 1-2 years. No need to pay big for a player now. We need to draft a few more like him. MB can fill the holes our team has this summer. Youre right about Gio and DD. Even if they were all effective, its simply one too many small forwards. Gallagher is staying obviously, and DD was just extended. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until Gio's contract is up.

Your suggestion that we trade away some of our key pieces is still ridiculous.

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
No... All you have to see are the games when we get manhandled by Toronto and Boston!

when we can't get into the front of the net because our smaller players are blocked off!
When we send a 5'7 or 5'9 guy to screen a 6 foot goalie
When we can't clear the front of own net
When we can't win ANY 1:1 battles along the board
When we are challenged and our players start looking for lose change along the boards
When Price gets run and we do nothing
When the game of hockey is still PHYSICAL sport that requires hard nosed nasty players mixed in with your skill guys!

These observations have fallen on blind eyes in our orginization for ...15+ years!!!

Seriously don't understand why folks don't get this!!!!
Just for clarification... Didn't we take 3 of 4 from Boston this year? Toronto beat us in all aspects of the game in the two blowouts.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
It's a bit sad when you're happy to see the team not get blown out. But, hey... they didn't get blown out!

I'm just going to ignore the wins/losses until the playoffs and just hope that they re-learn how to play with intensity and some physicality.
Didn't look good when it was 3-0 Devils though. They didn't quit tonight but getting behind by 3-4 goals early is starting to get very tiring.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
No... All you have to see are the games when we get manhandled by Toronto and Boston!

when we can't get into the front of the net because our smaller players are blocked off!
When we send a 5'7 or 5'9 guy to screen a 6 foot goalie
When we can't clear the front of own net
When we can't win ANY 1:1 battles along the board
When we are challenged and our players start looking for lose change along the boards
When Price gets run and we do nothing
When the game of hockey is still PHYSICAL sport that requires hard nosed nasty players mixed in with your skill guys!

These observations have fallen on blind eyes in our orginization for ...15+ years!!!

Seriously don't understand why folks don't get this!!!!
we still managed to win 3 out of 4 against Boston this year...

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nedved

2 games left:

ryder pleks gionta
prust eller galchenyuk
bourque dd pacioretty
dumont halpern gallagher

honestly, I would bench ryder, but it won't happen.

I think this team needs some energy guys...we have zero

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
icerocket

I wonder if it will be considered just a slump after the Habs get swept in the playoffs?

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bdawg1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Your point about sending a 5'7 or 5'9 guy to screen the goalie. We've drafted big bodies, we've signed big bodies... the only ones that are usually willing to go to the net are the "midgets." Our big bodies are always perimeter players - didn't stop people from wanting Latendresse back because he's "big."
We get it, you're in love with Desharnais. You've been defending him for as long as I can remember. His season + contract right now is terrible, you cant defend this.

4 years for a midget who loses every 1 on 1 battle, cant backcheck, cant play in his zone and needs 2 big wingers to be carried. AMAZING.

bdawg1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Rosso Scuderia

If we win our last 2 games, does it mean the Bruins needs at least 2 wins +1pt to be 2nd?

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Looks like Boston is also losing in regulation...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsawce

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Be ready for that offer to get matched, Piets is a top 10 d-man in this league.
yup would be nice to have him tho

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:04 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurplunk View Post
There are too many negative nancys in here
We need more positive petes
How about some looney Lukes, desperate Dans, hilarious Harrys and giving Glendas?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I disagree. My initial reaction when I saw the second goal was "why is he down?" I watched it again and again. I'm convinced he is able to cover almost all the bottom of the net. In addition if he straightens his body up a little more, he gets a good percentage of the top too. The play was supposed to come around the other way. Despite the puck going across the grain, he still almost had it. Price's game is 90% positional.
Yes, he's able to cover almost all of the bottom of the net. The traditional V-H (Vertical-Horizontal angle) has a goaltender's post side leg up, skate is planted, the glove hand or blocker shoulder goes to block the upper portion of the net.. the back-side leg is flared along the goal-line.. if a player comes out like he did there on the 2nd goal, the shot goes into the glove or chest protector.. if he tries to make the pass across, then your leg is in an explosive position to push across the crease.

Groulx and Price have developed this system where both legs are down to cover the entire bottom of the net, that's fine, except that when you are in close and tight, you can't get to that side of the net, and if you do, you have time to get that leg down and follow across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
He commits the same way in every situation, on that second goal he did not need to fall to his knees so quickly and bascially a very low percentage shot got by him and looked bad. I remember a play in the third where Brodeur stood up in a very similar scenario and hit the puck with his stick and killed what would have been a great scoring chance at point blank range. If brodeur commits early and goes down it's a 3-3 hockey game.
Yes, when the puck is down below the face-off dot, he gets down into that crab position. It's terrible and I don't like it. It has nothing to do with Price being a bad goalie.. it's the style they've integrated and how it's flawed.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rick16

Journalists should asked MT why is Desharnais playing more than Eller, would be funny

Rick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
yup would be nice to have him tho
Holy crap yes it would He's amazing.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
LOL Bergy is optimistic, he thinks we can still get 2nd!
I actually agree with him. We still technically have the same amount of points as the #2 seed that's getting blown out by the Flyers just like we did. Buffalo is beating Pittsburgh, Panthers beat the Rangers, Hurricanes beat the Islanders. We're not the only ones losing games here. I think winning so much got into our heads that they should win every game. This is a pretty terrible slump, but it's something that we haven't had this whole season! And tonight, we saw encouraging signs that the team is starting to right the ship, just in time. It's a process. I'm convinced we'll be playing our hearts out come first round.

Chfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Journalists should asked MT why is Desharnais playing more than Eller, would be funny
They should ask him why he insists on icing a defensive core that's softer than baby poop

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

I'd actually try to trade for Volchenkov in the off-season. Pretty much exactly what we are missing.

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
If we win our last 2 games, does it mean the Bruins needs at least 2 wins +1pt to be 2nd?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
oh is it safe to say we'd be a bubble team? was it safe to say that Ovechkin wouldn't score 20 goals earlier this season?

it's just a slump, real thing starts next week and i'm not activating panic mode until then
With this charmin soft D since Emelin went out, yes, we would be a bubble team.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:06 PM
bdawg1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Physical Dmen can be acquired easier than you think, and whether he's an elite one is irrelevant. Tinordi will be ready in 1-2 years. No need to pay big for a player now. We need to draft a few more like him. MB can fill the holes our team has this summer. Youre right about Gio and DD. Even if they were all effective, its simply one too many small forwards. Gallagher is staying obviously, and DD was just extended. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until Gio's contract is up.

Your suggestion that we trade away some of our key pieces is still ridiculous.
Maybe DD can be traded if we take a part of his salary... I will never understand this 4 yrs contract, such a bad move by Bergevin. I mean, he lowballs Subban because he ''wants to see more'' but as far as I know, DD only had played 1 season in the NHL, last year. Bergevin still went ahead and gave him that huge ass contract... What must Subban be thinking ?

bdawg1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:06 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
We get it, you're in love with Desharnais. You've been defending him for as long as I can remember. His season + contract right now is terrible, you cant defend this.

4 years for a midget who loses every 1 on 1 battle, cant backcheck, cant play in his zone and needs 2 big wingers to be carried. AMAZING.
That had nothing to do with Desharnais, it was a simple fact. Gionta, Desharnais, Gallagher... why are they always the ones around the net? It's not a new issue either. Koivu was doing it frequently year ago.

Also, his season + contract right now is incredibly productive. Right now, he still makes less than $1M.

I've not been defending him that much except when he's the only player that gets hated on. It's ridiculous when the entire team is struggling. He can make 3-4 great plays, one bad play and be the worst player on the ice. Eller could do the opposite and people would only mention the good play. It's a bit annoying. (Yes, I also think Eller has been better this season, but I'm proving a point).

If Desharnais struggles this badly next year, his contract will be "meh." If he produces better, his contract will be a freaking steal.

50-point centers are a rare thing in the NHL. He's a Top-9 player, getting paid like a Top-9 player (next year).

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:07 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'd actually try to trade for Volchenkov in the off-season. Pretty much exactly what we are missing.
Yup, probably wouldn't cost too much. Maybe a prospect and a 2nd?

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Bruins and Habs desperately want to face the Leafs.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Yup, probably wouldn't cost too much. Maybe a prospect and a 2nd?
Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Volchenkov-Diaz

Old
Habsawce

I'd love to get Colbourn out of Philly somehow and dress Tinordi next season

Old
04-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Hugo Sham

we're going to get killed by Winnipeg. their last game of the year. playing at home in a must win. we're cooked. don't bank on anymore points. hope that TO loses because we're finishing fifth. embarrassing. not enough, depth, size or character to play team hockey after clinching 13 days ago. unacceptable

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote