HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Encompassing Tortorella..ella..ella..eh..eh...and Glen Cigar Thread Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2013, 09:04 PM
  #676
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
Still hasn't learned not to pull the goalie on a powerplay with almost 2 mins to go. Cost us a point.
Because our powerplay has been such a sure thing we definitely would have scored to tie it up just up one man.

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:05 PM
  #677
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Yup. This one could be on Torts. At least a big part of it.
If you want to be overly simplistic and lazy, yeah you're right.

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:05 PM
  #678
Richter Scale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
Still hasn't learned not to pull the goalie on a powerplay with almost 2 mins to go. Cost us a point.
No way to know that for sure. The play develops differently without that empty netter, and you don't know that the Rangers still score. That said, no way in hell am I defending him for that move. Just dumb. And Cally was absolutely brutal tonight.

Richter Scale is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:06 PM
  #679
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,727
vCash: 50
Yeah, Torts is the only coach to ever pull the goalie on a PP. It's all his fault we lost. Blah blah blah.....

Just summed up the next 10 hours of discussion in this thread.

M Gaz is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:06 PM
  #680
mattyd99
Registered User
 
mattyd99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Warwick, NY
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I'd say having a single goal against the league worst defense for 59 minutes was worse, but sure.
Yeah sure that didn't help but this is what the 4th time this year this has happened? And to make matters worse we actually get what would've been the tying goal right after. But yeah sure pull the goalie whenever.

mattyd99 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:07 PM
  #681
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,070
vCash: 500
Just dont understand the goalie pull. It hasn't worked all year. In fact i don't think it has worked once.

This offensive system is just bad. Torts needs to go. And lets just beat the dead horse on what is so obvious, this is no longer a shot blocking team so I really have no idea why our wingers are still collapsing to the middle. Nash made the turnover in the 2nd then was nowhere near Kuba on the shot that led to the goal

I also blame this one on Nash and Richards.

RGY is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:07 PM
  #682
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,442
vCash: 500
It's not the fact that he pulled the goalie on the PP but when he pulled it. It was like with 15 seconds left. At that point just wait so they don't just aim on the empty net without a possible icing. Either do it earlier in the PP or wait till it's over.

Ih8theislanders is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:08 PM
  #683
mattyd99
Registered User
 
mattyd99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Warwick, NY
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Because our powerplay has been such a sure thing we definitely would have scored to tie it up just up one man.
So let's just play 6 skaters on every powerplay with that thinking.

mattyd99 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:08 PM
  #684
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Cant blame Torts the players he has are inept.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:09 PM
  #685
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
It's not the fact that he pulled the goalie on the PP but when he pulled it. It was like with 15 seconds left. At that point just wait so they don't just aim on the empty net without a possible icing. Either do it earlier in the PP or wait till it's over.
Agreed. Just didn't make sense. He was going off his "feel" for the game. I guess he was trying to sneak Nash out there without them noticing. Stupid.

RGY is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:11 PM
  #686
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
So let's just play 6 skaters on every powerplay with that thinking.
You obviously don't get the rationale if you think that.

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:11 PM
  #687
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Cant blame Torts the players he has are inept.
Wait, what? That was the excuse prior to the deadline. Gaborik was the scapegoat. Sather goes out and gets 3 new pieces that play the way the almighty Torts wants. When are we gona stop blaming the players? It is the coach.

RGY is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:14 PM
  #688
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Wait, what? That was the excuse prior to the deadline. Gaborik was the scapegoat. Sather goes out and gets 3 new pieces that play the way the almighty Torts wants. When are we gona stop blaming the players? It is the coach.
Apparently, its NEVER the coach.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:14 PM
  #689
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Wait, what? That was the excuse prior to the deadline. Gaborik was the scapegoat. Sather goes out and gets 3 new pieces that play the way the almighty Torts wants. When are we gona stop blaming the players? It is the coach.
Our roster is very flawed and overrated by Rangers fans. Taking away Gaborik and replacing it with spare parts made it much worse. We're just getting puckluck recently, which makes it seem like we're a better team post-Gaborik.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:16 PM
  #690
mattyd99
Registered User
 
mattyd99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Warwick, NY
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
You obviously don't get the rationale if you think that.
You obviously don't get what happened. With 15-20 secs left he pulled the goalie on our powerplay with 1:40 left. There's no point in that, especially when the other team can ice the puck with no icing. Wait another 40 secs and do it. This isn't the first time this has happened and surprise, surprise your favorite person in the world hasn't learned yet. Take the blinders off and admit that the guy made a mistake.

mattyd99 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:17 PM
  #691
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Pulling the goalie was not really something to complain about IMO. The timeout? Yikes! The motivation, in game coaching and PP were as always great displays of Torts hockey! You apologists have got to stop with your lame excuses!

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:23 PM
  #692
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Pulling the goalie was not really something to complain about IMO. The timeout? Yikes! The motivation, in game coaching and PP were as always great displays of Torts hockey! You apologists have got to stop with your lame excuses!
Oh no we lost a game, that means we're going to lose EVERY game from now on!

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:25 PM
  #693
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Oh no we lost a game, that means we're going to lose EVERY game from now on!
I cannot wait for the day Torts walks his dogs outta town and takes his band of cheerleaders with him. Cannot be soon enough. Guy is a hockey hater

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:36 PM
  #694
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I cannot wait for the day Torts walks his dogs outta town and takes his band of cheerleaders with him. Cannot be soon enough. Guy is a hockey hater
You sound like a Ranger hater.

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:51 PM
  #695
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Our roster is very flawed and overrated by Rangers fans. Taking away Gaborik and replacing it with spare parts made it much worse. We're just getting puckluck recently, which makes it seem like we're a better team post-Gaborik.
You're right there has been a lot of puck luck. But these are not bad hockey players. They are hockey players playing in a bad system that is implemented by the coach. The coach's system worked last year because he had more players who blocked shots. The collapsing defense worked. Not this year, not these players and that includes Nash. So should we each year get 23 guys who fit one man, or should we get one man that can support all 23 guys...you know...a TEAM.

RGY is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:54 PM
  #696
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
You're right there has been a lot of puck luck. But these are not bad hockey players. They are hockey players playing in a bad system that is implemented by the coach. The coach's system worked last year because he had more players who blocked shots. The collapsing defense worked. Not this year, not these players and that includes Nash. So should we each year get 23 guys who fit one man, or should we get one man that can support all 23 guys...you know...a TEAM.
Yeah, those 2 goals we gave up (not counting the EN) really prove this team's D strategy sucks.

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:57 PM
  #697
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
And the raging continues....

trilobyte is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:00 PM
  #698
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
You're right there has been a lot of puck luck. But these are not bad hockey players. They are hockey players playing in a bad system that is implemented by the coach. The coach's system worked last year because he had more players who blocked shots. The collapsing defense worked. Not this year, not these players and that includes Nash. So should we each year get 23 guys who fit one man, or should we get one man that can support all 23 guys...you know...a TEAM.
Last year the team was 3rd in GA/G with 2.22.

This year they're in 4th with 2.28 GA/G.

haveandare is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:15 PM
  #699
bmw2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
The defense is not a big problem when Lundqvist is in goal. The offense has been non existence for the most part of the season because of the system that Torts implements here. I don't count last games goals where the luck was on their side, including Richards hat trick. Playing with no emotions and no fire tonight in one of the most important games all season is not acceptable. I don't know what I would want more for them, to make the playoffs or to say goodbye to Torts.

bmw2004 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:39 PM
  #700
bmoak
Registered User
 
bmoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Worst coach, coaching staff (including Hartford), and GM in hockey, bar none.

Any team in the league can outperform them if they had a goalie of Lundqvist's caliber.

bmoak is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.