HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Well At least it was close

Old
04-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Still don't need Tinordi. Just keep playing Weber.
Markov has been atrocious on the PK lately which is troublesome since MT is playing him to death. He's really struggling right now and could use a rest IMO.

Rest him and Bouillon the next 2 games, who cares about where we place if they are playing like this.

Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Diaz
Beaulieu-Drewiski

Pretty ugly but the youth could infuse some energy into the line up.

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
agreed. some real head-scratchers from Therrien. one would think they learned a lesson - they signed Prust but then went dumb when it came to size and grit. completely utterly dumb. Way too much soffffftness on D
Weber is one of our grittier defenseman now that Emelin is out... Granted, he's really not that good.. but he's been solid for the past few games either way.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
lol only Habs fans don't want a defenseman like Pietrangelo because he "doesn't fill our need".

It's like the time some Habs fans wouldn't take Ovechkin in our team because he doesn't fit our team concept.
Once again nope...
Your dreaming dude...
Why don't we get them all?

We have certain commitments that preclude us from doing anything of the sort.
We pay Pietrangelo how much?
Even with him we are still an unbalanced team.
We need that cap space to fill more than one gap.
So if you can move some high priced dead wood sure of course.
Some of us are realists...
We don't need Pietrangelo eating up our cap space in one fell swoop...
Nope...

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:31 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
agreed. some real head-scratchers from Therrien. one would think they learned a lesson - they signed Prust but then went dumb when it came to size and grit. completely utterly dumb. Way too much soffffftness on D
For the love of God! Can we please get some size and nastiness on this team? Especially on D.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Bergevin failed at the deadline. he could've done better than drewiskie. he could've found his 'raffi torres'. instead he decided to keep all 6 picks. he better ****ing draft players that fit the mold of the type of guys we need. a ****ing shame that Tinordi and 0 else relates to our needs. nothing up front with size and jam. 0
Based on where we were at the deadline and where we seem to have fallen, I wish that he would have given us a few more options right now. We really needed a physical D man and a gritty forward.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
sampollock

sad part fellow posters, i am driving to the peg thursday am, to see the habs, and they suck

so it will be a long ride there.

sampollock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

My God, Scott Gomez just set up a beautiful goal!!!!

Old
04-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
last 6 games, habs at 62% on PK
Must be DD's fault again.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:33 PM
bdawg1989*

My wishlist for this offseason :
- A good, all-around top9 player who can ****ing PLAY the PK, ie. Pascal Dupuis.
- A big, mean, physical Dmen... I have no names in mind as most are already signed.
- Get rid of Gionta OR Desharnais. Please.

bdawg1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
My wishlist for this offseason :
- A good, all-around top9 player who can ****ing PLAY the PK, ie. Pascal Dupuis.
- A big, mean, physical Dmen... I have no names in mind as most are already signed.
- Get rid of Gionta OR Desharnais. Please.

i've got bad news for you

Bask is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:37 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Lyle View Post
I'm gonna laugh when the leafs win the division.
That is a possibility. This was a must win, as Laffs play TB and Fla. Did not want last game against Laffs to count, wanted players to rest, and avoid injury.

Peg is eliminated. That game becomes winnable. 3 points against Devils and Peg would have made the leafs game meaningless, even if Laffs won both in Fla.

We blew it, and may end up 5th. Unbelievable.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:38 PM
LeBlondeDemon10
BlindLemon Haystacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Desharnais.
C'mon. They've been in the tank since Emelin went down.

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
That is a possibility. This was a must win, as Laffs play TB and Fla. Did not want last game against Laffs to count, wanted players to rest, and avoid injury.

Peg is eliminated. That game becomes winnable. 3 points against Devils and Peg would have made the leafs game meaningless, even if Laffs won both in Fla.

Winnipeg is not eliminated...Could still catch the Rags for 8th place. Jets are gonna smash the Habs on Thursday, as they're still alive. Last game of the season is gonna be for home ice, which will probably not really matter the way this team is playing.

Nashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
bdawg1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
i've got bad news for you
One can hope.

Old
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Based on where we were at the deadline and where we seem to have fallen, I wish that he would have given us a few more options right now. We really needed a physical D man and a gritty forward.
bergevin has got to see that aside from Subban, right now markov, gorges, weber, diaz and cube are pretty much the same undersized dman. it's frustrating

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:41 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post

They are not eliminated, in fact they HAVE to win against us to have a chance, and then hope that the rangers or caps majorly screw up.

They are going to ruin us next game. I would be happy to just get the home ice-securing point the way we're playing now. Can't believe we're going to play at least 5 games against the leafs, possibly 8 (I'm being generous here). It really sucks that most of us can objectively agree that the Leafs are a scary team to play. What dimension is this? I want to wake up from this nightmare.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LeBlondeDemon10
BlindLemon Haystacks

What a team celebration after Patches scored! Does this team care anymore? Have they stopped playing for Therrien?

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Winnipeg is not eliminated...Could still catch the Rags for 8th place. Jets are gonna smash the Habs on Thursday, as they're still alive. Last game of the season is gonna be for home ice, which will probably not really matter the way this team is playing.
i honestly believe there is 0 chance we win Thursday. the only way we don't finish 5th is if boston or toronto **** the bed

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:42 PM
bdawg1989*

Quote:
bergevin has got to see that aside from Subban, right now markov, gorges, weber, diaz and cube are pretty much the same undersized dman. it's frustrating
Exactly. If you look at our top4, they all fall under the same ''mold''.
I'd def. keep Subban, Diaz.

Gorges needs a 2nd chance next year but Markov will only get slower as he gets older. Move him this offseason.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
i honestly believe there is 0 chance we win Thursday. the only way we don't finish 5th is if boston or toronto **** the bed
It's hard to fathom, just how bad this team has been the past two weeks.....complete opposite of the Capitals, who sucked hard at the start of the season, and now roll into the playoffs ready to play.

Nashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlondeDemon10 View Post
What a team celebration after Patches scored! Does this team care anymore? Have they stopped playing for Therrien?
? They seemed pretty happy when they made it 3-2 off Eller's goal. I think they realized that it might not be a blowout and that they had a chance. Sadly they not only failed at scoring an equalizer, but they made it incredibly boring to watch.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Picaroon

vCash: 953
An intimidating defence will enable the skilled, speedy forward group the Habs Organization has been trying to promote for the past few years. It's that simple. I really don't see anyone on our starting d squad that's untouchable other than Subban.

We badly need to change our defensive philosophy. The PMD movement has attributed to our success as much as our demise. There needs to be a waaay better balance. I really don't see the need for more than 2 PMD's. We have Markov, Weber, Diaz, Subban (though his defence is great) and these guys are complimented with zero grit back there. It's just brutal, brutal balance and it's really starting to show.

I'd keep Subban for the top pair and Emelin for the bottom pair. Those two guys bring unique elements. Diaz may be a solution for another offensive guy. It totally depends on his playoff performance.

Markov and Gorges are both at the point where their value will not be going up and their services have been shaky. It would be insightful to shop them while this team moves forward with their transition. It may hurt in the short term but this d squad is not going to be any better next year and that is scary to think about.

I will be quite disappointed if Bergevin doesn't address our D in a big way this off season.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:45 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
It's hard to fathom, just how bad this team has been the past two weeks.....complete opposite of the Capitals, who sucked hard at the start of the season, and now roll into the playoffs ready to play.
The only thing keeping my hopes alive is that these sorts of swings can happen to a team. No one would have believed that us and the caps would reverse positions as comprehensively as we have. Thus, it's still possible that the curse will be lifted. Ghosts needs to get on that ASAP!!

Old
04-23-2013, 09:46 PM
jedimyrmidon

How a team can go from 2nd in the NHL on the PK down to who knows where is mind boggling...

Why does the coaching staff absolutely insist on using Markov there? Are TRYING to keep Subban from becoming the #1 D on the team?

Seriously, can't they swallow their pride and look at how the Habs played on the PK last year?

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlondeDemon10 View Post
I think they are tired and a going through the motions. It will be interesting to see which team comes out in the first round, surely they can't be this bad for real.