The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 09:47 PM
651*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
There's no way you could bring a different coach and win playing a different system with this roster. What we have is what we have. It starts at the top with the GM. Yeo is probably the best man for this style. The plan of having slow, strong-on-the-puck players playing an no-puck control, down-low forechecking style doesn't work in this league. It's ugly, boring, and ineffective hockey. That's the problem.
If we had Jacques and maybe one more critical guy (think Burns - and healthy Heater) this team is a Stanley Cup winner.

Jacques leaving showed he is one of the greatest minds in the history of the game, considering what he brought us to (WCF) with what he had.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:56 PM
J22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
If we had Jacques and maybe one more critical guy (think Burns - and healthy Heater) this team is a Stanley Cup winner.

Jacques leaving showed he is one of the greatest minds in the history of the game, considering what he brought us to (WCF) with what he had.
Zero chance JL and his system win a cup in today's NHL.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
Zero chance JL and his system win a cup in today's NHL.
I seriously don't agree.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:29 PM
J22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
I seriously don't agree.
Disagree all you want, there's a reason why there are zero stanley cup contending teams running his system.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:32 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post

No chance that JL's trap would work with this roster. You need a lot of speed to run a trap. We don't have it.

But I won't disagree that JL was a great mind.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:45 AM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
Not gonna lie here, I'm starting to jump on the "rip the C off of Koivu's chest" bandwagon. He's not a very vocal presence in the locker room, he sugarcoats a lot of things, and worst of all, he's not showing up when we need him most. I think Parise would be a far better captain.
You have got to be joking. That guy busts his ass off for this team. Not saying what you want to hear doesn't make him a bad captain. And how in the hell do you know who's the more vocal presence in the locker room? You go there often? Seriously, this isn't even up for discussion.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:52 AM
hirawl
Used Register

vCash: 400
There's no active player whom I'd rather have captaining my team. Simple as that.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Oan

Quote:
Yeah, whatever. The only reason we're not taking the captaincy away from him is because of time with the franchise. Drafting him, building the team around him, etc. Let's just say we signed both Koivu and Parise as free agents this past summer, who would you want to be captain? I sure as hell go with Parise. I know we're not gonna take the captaincy away from Koivu, and frankly it would be somewhat wrong to do so, but I'm just saying that Parise is a better captain than Koivu is. He tells it like it is, works his ass off every game, and is a far more vocal presence in the locker room than Koivu is.
Wow, you have access to Wild locker room and know exactly what is going on in there? Time for you to bump up the "Rid Koivu of his C" thread I guess.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:48 AM
Oan

Actually, you seemed to be defending Koivu just two months ago:

Quote:
Good god we're going after Koivu now too?

I've been one of the most negative posters on here the last couple days and getting rid of Koivu or his captaincy never even crossed my mind for a second. There's about 10 other teams in the league that would LOVE to have Koivu as their no. 1 center.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1&postcount=46

vs

Quote:
Not gonna lie here, I'm starting to jump on the "rip the C off of Koivu's chest" bandwagon. He's not a very vocal presence in the locker room, he sugarcoats a lot of things, and worst of all, he's not showing up when we need him most. I think Parise would be a far better captain.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Oan

Also, Yeos postgame comments put your outburst now in kinda strange light

Quote:
"Mikko, the guy was unbelievable, he was all over the ice," Yeo said. "This time of year, you see leaders playing like that… It was the same thing I thought last game. This game, I thought everybody was going right along with them."

Old
04-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
One good game last night doesn't make up for his relative absence the last few weeks. I just think Parise would be a better captain, that's all.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:30 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
One good game last night doesn't make up for his relative absence the last few weeks. I just think Parise would be a better captain, that's all.
Why if you don't mind me asking? Like lay it all out there.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:31 AM
tomgilbertfan
gifs on gifs on gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Why if you don't mind me asking? Like lay it all out there.
And lets use provable points. Not blind speculation into the innerworkings of the locker-room.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Very well, but I'll get back to you all on that later today. I've got some hw to finish up and a couple of classes to get to.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Parise sure as hell makes a better interview or fan liaison than Koivu, but that's not the same thing as a captain.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:19 AM
forthewild

Koivu seems like the kind of a guy who won't air the problems out in the open to media. He won't go after guys and say "he's gotta play better"

I think the way he comes off is arrogant to most fans because he denies things are problems that we all see are. But to say he isn't a leader is foolish.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:33 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
When you watch other teams you see how spacing on the ice should be properly executed. Especially Chicago but that's an extreme example. You also see much more creativity and movement (both puck and player) in transition approaching the opposing line.
All of which would be on the players, not the coaching, yes? It goes back to earlier in the season when it was apparent that the players were not doing what they were told to do. Even Suter took 10 games to get used to a different system (zone) from his old system (1on1).

/shrug

Old
04-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Gaps

Quote:
You're basing your opinion on a few weeks during an exceptional season? I don't know what's been with him for the last few weeks (my guess would be either an injury or fatigue due to the condensed schedule or possibly both, but as I said, I don't know), but I don't believe we can realistically expect it to continue next season because this has been a very abnormal stretch for him that started all of a sudden.

A few weeks' worth of games is an awfully small sample size compared to the over 500 games he's played on this team and I find it hard to believe that he's been lacking motivation or interest or that he's somehow struggling under the pressure mentally. He's shown in the past that if anyone can take pressure, it's him.

On a side note, Parise hasn't really been at his best lately either.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:37 AM
TZM
Par too easy

Koivu's just being diplomatic which pleases the organization. He's not telling what he thinks, he tells **** that sells. Sad but true.

Personally, I don't like players telling a lot to the media hence I have no problem with Koivu's interviews.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:47 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

I like the prickly Finn style. He comes across as a hockey player to me, which is good, and that's what I want to see.

I rather enjoy his interviews myself.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Dudicles

It's fine the way it is. Parise is wearing an A and is the fire to Koivu's ice.

And anyone who plays any type of RPG knows there's a time for fire and a time for ice...

Old
04-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Tuomaz

Parise is like the poster boy who says anything that pleases media and fans (much like Crosby and that's not a bad thing). Koivu is the heart and the fire of this team and has the natural charisma what Parise lacks imo. That's how I see it.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Parise lacks charisma, which is why he was the captain in New Jersey and wears an "A" right now?

Old
04-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Parise lacks charisma, which is why he was the captain in New Jersey and wears an "A" right now?
Not like Koivu has.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:16 PM
toewsintangibles

Koivu is like Räikkönen, he wants to win and that's it. I think Parise would be a better marketing option for a Captain though

Closed Thread