HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks fall in Vancouver 3-1, first regulation loss of April

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
I read the thread, I know you guys don't like to hear from us too much, but I'm going to post in here anyways.

I've watched quite a number of Hawks games this year and this was by far their worst performance and when you couple that with by far the Canucks best performance (this was the Canucks best game by a country mile) it's hard to actually get a good gauge on what the true playoff matchup will be.

I hope we play again in the playoffs, the playoff games between our teams are some of the best the league has seen since the turn of the millenium. I love it.

-----

I will say you guys were probably tired last night, but why did Quenville still play Keith for 27 minutes? I know he's unreal (the true Conn Smythe in 2010) but in 3 games in 4 nights, you'd think coach Q would have found a way to keep him closer to 23ish.

BTW, I'm not trying to be fake or too nice, I despise you're team, but I love what it brings out in our team. So I'm sort of hoping for the matchup in the playoffs, but wouldn't be at all sad if you lose in the 1st round.

I do however appreciate a decent number of you guys who are generally good posters on HF, every fanbase has a lot of clowns....seems we bring them out of eachother.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I read the thread, I know you guys don't like to hear from us too much, but I'm going to post in here anyways.

I've watched quite a number of Hawks games this year and this was by far their worst performance and when you couple that with by far the Canucks best performance (this was the Canucks best game by a country mile) it's hard to actually get a good gauge on what the true playoff matchup will be.

I hope we play again in the playoffs, the playoff games between our teams are some of the best the league has seen since the turn of the millenium. I love it.

-----

I will say you guys were probably tired last night, but why did Quenville still play Keith for 27 minutes? I know he's unreal (the true Conn Smythe in 2010) but in 3 games in 4 nights, you'd think coach Q would have found a way to keep him closer to 23ish.

BTW, I'm not trying to be fake or too nice, I despise you're team, but I love what it brings out in our team. So I'm sort of hoping for the matchup in the playoffs, but wouldn't be at all sad if you lose in the 1st round.

I do however appreciate a decent number of you guys who are generally good posters on HF, every fanbase has a lot of clowns....seems we bring them out of eachother.

Yeah I agree Toews and his 29 points and his 12 points in 6 games against you guys had no business winning it. The true Conn Smythe winner was Adam Burish. Thanks for stopping by.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Yeah I agree Toews and his 29 points and his 12 points in 6 games against you guys had no business winning it. The true Conn Smythe winner was Adam Burish. Thanks for stopping by.
He actually made a good point.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
He actually made a good point.
I'm sorry I don't see it. First I'm sick of every time we play this team it's get built from a Canuck point of view as "epic game tonite". Hawks don't give a **** about the Nucks games except playoffs. The ridiculous line juggling, anemic offence, no jump in their game at all should tell you that and the timing of this game as well. Usually if your down 3-0 to a rival the gloves come off and the gooning starts. As far as Conn Smythe stuff Toews, Kane, Keith and Buff could all have won it except that Toews did. I don't need another teams fan base telling me he didn't deserve it.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:09 PM
madgoat33

Quote:

-----

well brookbanks is terrible, oduya had a rough game, Seabrook looked bad and really slow so keith's mins were high.

Old
04-23-2013, 06:54 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Wasn't it 13?

Sorry didn't think pumping Keith's tires was going to get such a negative reaction.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:00 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:

-----

Fair assessments are always welcome.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:43 PM
madgoat33

like i said, if people want to come in and talk about things they are always welcome, but i for one would rather not see fans of the opponent come in with empty words.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:34 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Hey, he's got a decent point on Keith. He played too much and wasn't good. Didn't actually realize his minutes were that high last night, thanks for pointing that out.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
If we ignore them maybe they will go back to their own board where there is the slim possibility someone might give a **** about what they think.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:23 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

-----

Sorry this post is getting anything but positive feedback. Like I said earlier in this thread, I don't get the dislike for this sort of thing.

The Canucks organization from top to bottom tis one of the few things that I actually hate in this world. I hate their players, their coach, their GM, their playstyle, and I think some, not all, of their fans are some of the more ignorant, petty, and arrogant fans in the NHL.

With that said, there's no reason to treat another persons well-intentioned kindness with anything but kindness and respect in return. As Hawks fans we're very happy and exited for this team and can't wait for the playoffs. Thanks for your kind words.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:44 PM
madgoat33

well, just so were all clear, i have no problem with that post. what i hate is the people who come to our threads to say stupid, pointless ****.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:07 PM
zac

Quote:

-----

You didn't watch the Calgary game earlier in the year, did ya? We should have lost that game 10-2 but Ray Emery saved our ***** and we lucked out with a win. That's probably the most undeserving Hawk win I've ever seen and one of the best Hawk goalie performances I've witnessed. He was truly amazing.

With that said, your post was pretty spot on. We played like ass and the much better team won last night. The only thing that really concerns me about that performance was how much obstruction you guys were getting away with at the blue line. If the games are called like that come playoff time we are in trouble as we are the least physical team in the league. Our game revolves around speed, skill, and puck possession. Obstruction essentially kills all three of those facets, and we are not nearly physical enough to play that kind of game.

Being "physical" just for the sake of being physical is vastly overrated. However if the games are called very loose and a lot of clutching and grabbing is let go, then it really favors the more physical teams. That's definitely not us.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:55 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
You didn't watch the Calgary game earlier in the year, did ya? We should have lost that game 10-2 but Ray Emery saved our ***** and we lucked out with a win. That's probably the most undeserving Hawk win I've ever seen and one of the best Hawk goalie performances I've witnessed. He was truly amazing.

With that said, your post was pretty spot on. We played like ass and the much better team won last night. The only thing that really concerns me about that performance was how much obstruction you guys were getting away with at the blue line. If the games are called like that come playoff time we are in trouble as we are the least physical team in the league. Our game revolves around speed, skill, and puck possession. Obstruction essentially kills all three of those facets, and we are not nearly physical enough to play that kind of game.

Being "physical" just for the sake of being physical is vastly overrated. However if the games are called very loose and a lot of clutching and grabbing is let go, then it really favors the more physical teams. That's definitely not us.
Cheers guys.

I did watch that game, one of the many you guys seemed to be able to squeek out late. It's a sign of a good team.

I felt sad for Calgary, but then I just laughed at them...

-----

About the obstruction, our team is similar to yours as well. We're both built to play skillful hockey. The St Louis and LA's of the league have easier times in the playoffs, because they don't predicate their games based on skill. They grind for everything they get, and when playoff whistles get put away (like they generally do after game 1 of the opening round) these teams have an advantage.

It's why playoff matchups with you guys, or someone like Detroit are so exciting, because it's all about the frenetic pace and team skill.

Talk to you guys in the conference finals.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:40 PM
vikingsdidWTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Sorry this post is getting anything but positive feedback. Like I said earlier in this thread, I don't get the dislike for this sort of thing.

The Canucks organization from top to bottom tis one of the few things that I actually hate in this world. I hate their players, their coach, their GM, their playstyle, and I think some, not all, of their fans are some of the more ignorant, petty, and arrogant fans in the NHL.

With that said, there's no reason to treat another persons well-intentioned kindness with anything but kindness and respect in return. As Hawks fans we're very happy and exited for this team and can't wait for the playoffs. Thanks for your kind words.
I identify mainly as a Canuck fan and the behaviour of a lot of Canuck posters does bother me, but I think I can offer you guys some insight. A lot can be chalked up to it being a hockey-mad city. There's a lot of casual fans, many of whom are trend-following douches. Also, Canada's paradigm for immigration is multiculturalism rather than a melting pot, there are more recent immigrants in Vancouver than probably any other Canadian city, and hockey is one bridge between various otherwise insular cultures, especially for young people -- lots of posters probably aren't very good at writing in English and aren't that knowledgeable yet about hockey. As far as posting on other teams' boards goes, every post on every message board anywhere is an attention-getting device in one way or another; it's a question of what kind of attention the poster is looking for. Maybe it's anger, maybe it's a good debate or an answer to a particular question. I get the distinct impression that most people who post on other teams' boards are half-hoping to piss fans of that team off, regardless of the content of their posts. On a rational or abstract level I think most of you on the Hawks board seem like people I'd hang out with and I hope you get all you want out of life, but it's the animosity between the teams on every level that makes the hockey so good, so let's keep hating each other.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:04 PM
13elieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsdidWTC View Post
I identify mainly as a Canuck fan and the behaviour of a lot of Canuck posters does bother me, but I think I can offer you guys some insight. A lot can be chalked up to it being a hockey-mad city. There's a lot of casual fans, many of whom are trend-following douches. Also, Canada's paradigm for immigration is multiculturalism rather than a melting pot, there are more recent immigrants in Vancouver than probably any other Canadian city, and hockey is one bridge between various otherwise insular cultures, especially for young people -- lots of posters probably aren't very good at writing in English and aren't that knowledgeable yet about hockey. As far as posting on other teams' boards goes, every post on every message board anywhere is an attention-getting device in one way or another; it's a question of what kind of attention the poster is looking for. Maybe it's anger, maybe it's a good debate or an answer to a particular question. I get the distinct impression that most people who post on other teams' boards are half-hoping to piss fans of that team off, regardless of the content of their posts. On a rational or abstract level I think most of you on the Hawks board seem like people I'd hang out with and I hope you get all you want out of life, but it's the animosity between the teams on every level that makes the hockey so good, so let's keep hating each other.
Am I missing a joke or this guy serious?

Old
04-24-2013, 07:14 PM
McDooRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13elieve View Post
Am I missing a joke or this guy serious?
I was curious too

Closed Thread