HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GDT-MTL vs Florida 4 PM

Old
09-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Guriken

vCash: 500
The article already posted but with quotes :

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS

It says Grabovsky assisted on Kostitsyn's goal, he didn't score in this game.

Guriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 07:05 PM
DicAnns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Is it just me or RDS writters kinda sucks?
yeah they do suck.

however this particular article wasn't written by RDS... it's Robert Laflamme from CP.
you can see the same article on cyberpresse here:
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Habitants

ok im back from the game and it was great! Dejardins really did a great job, solid goaltending and positioning! he has great legs for kick saves, and a fast glove. he made a glove save in close and dropped the puck, then the rebound shot came and he nabbed it again with the glove. i was impressed by him.

our defense seems a little bit better, but again, not the greatest. im typing up the rest of my resume now on the forwards, give me a minute

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
ok im back from the game and it was great! Dejardins really did a great job, solid goaltending and positioning! he has great legs for kick saves, and a fast glove. he made a glove save in close and dropped the puck, then the rebound shot came and he nabbed it again with the glove. i was impressed by him.

our defense seems a little bit better, but again, not the greatest. im typing up the rest of my resume now on the forwards, give me a minute
Great, thanks! When you do post it, can you please clarify who the other Habs goal scorer was for us?

We know S. Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Maxwell, and Aubin.

Was the other one Chipchura? Another by S. Kostitsyn? Grabovski? Or someone else?

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 07:19 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBob View Post
Chipchura, Latendresse, Kostsitsyn, Maxwell and Aubin.

That five. I don't know where you see a mysterious goal.
Where did you see a Chipchura goal? havent read that anywhere.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

In one article it says that Grabovsky scored his 3rd of the tournament. And in the RDS it says that Grabovsky assisted on the 1st goal of the game of Kostitsyn.

So either Kosty got 2 either Grabo has 1 and Kosty 1.....We'll know soon enough.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 07:23 PM
CrazyBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Where did you see a Chipchura goal? havent read that anywhere.
The text on rds said that Chipchura had 2 points and the others goals was scored by Latendresse, Kostsitsyn, Aubin and Maxwell, so I presumed he scored too

CrazyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 07:23 PM
loveblood20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
In one article it says that Grabovsky scored his 3rd of the tournament. And in the RDS it says that Grabovsky assisted on the 1st goal of the game of Kostitsyn.

So either Kosty got 2 either Grabo has 1 and Kosty 1.....We'll know soon enough.
the article that says that grabovsky scored his 3th was rewritten by someone, it is the same article from RDS but edited by someone

loveblood20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 07:48 PM
znk

Quote:

Damn it! this is taking for ever. We are going to have to send you to typing school.

Old
09-09-2006, 07:50 PM
couris

http://www.chfans.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17549

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 07:57 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
chfans.com doesn't have an "Englais" button. Damn

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 08:04 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
chfans.com doesn't have an "Englais" button. Damn
Well...the really short and sweet version is...
Stars: 1rst Lats, 2nd Chip, 3rd DesJardins .
but should have been Chip, Lats,Desjardins. Not because Lats didnt play as good but he got a couple of penalties.
Graborvsky is the fastest guy on the ice. By at least 2 strides.

Old
09-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Habitants

goals socred by, Kost, lats, D'agostini, aubin and maxwell

ok so as i expected some of the players improved in this game, here is the breakdown on who i noticed:

S.Kostitsyn: he played better today, he was fast and had some slick moves. more importantly, he made some solid shots and scored, on the pp from the faceoff circle(kovalev style) grabo and him have some good chemistry, and its funny to see them always talking to each other. i cant wait for the day that the 2 brothers and grabo all play on the same line. the only problem is he got knocked of the puck a couple of times, so he needs to work on building some strength.

Grabo: well he might not have scored again, but he made some nice passes including the setup on Kost goal. he had a 1 on 1 break where he snapped a quick shot and the florida goalie had to make a sholder save. he was again fast.

Latendresse. well he played better today also, had some good shots and a goal. he played aggressive too. he and chips have some good chemistry also.

Chipchura: wow what can i say, he is quite the player. he is good at all aspects of the game, offensive defense, smart, leadership, strength. i think he will be a great player for us in the future. he made some good passes again today. killed some penalties, and had a good game.

D'Agostini: well the chips goal was annouced as D'agostini's goal at the game. he played a good game and moved pretty fast.

Maxwell: he played a good game today, he showed some great hockey sense and good patience with the puck in the offensive zone. he waited for a clear shot at one point and had a good chance in close. then he also scored, and got alot of ice time. he killed some penalties, and did a good job.

Aubin. he played good today also, he scored a rebound goal in close after a point shot.

Stewart: well he impressed me today with his hits and his forecheck. he is a solid 3-4 line player, and has some good enery and speed also.

Gleed: he played better, he had some shot blocks and broke up some plays. there was no one else on D that i really noticed, mainly becasue i was sitting always on the habs offensive side. but i did manage to take notice of Dejardins, who played a great game and made some superb saves. good speed and positioning, great glove! i look forward to seing more of him as i plan to attend a couple of hamilton games this season

oh yeah and stay tuned, i will have a small surprise for you guys later tonight or tommorow morning, here is a small preview

Last edited by Habitants: 09-09-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old
09-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Great, thanks! When you do post it, can you please clarify who the other Habs goal scorer was for us?

We know S. Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Maxwell, and Aubin.

Was the other one Chipchura? Another by S. Kostitsyn? Grabovski? Or someone else?
D'Agostini.

I'll be working on my report but I still have a hyperactive toddler keeping me distracted. Sleepy time coming soon.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Good report from that guy. Though we still don't know who scored the last unknown goal.

1-Happy to see Gleed, Maxwell getting better marks than yesterday.
2-Same old for the usual suspects good overall game by Tender, Chipper, Grabo.
3- Seemed impressed by Kosty. Compared him at Kovy on his goal....
4- No word on Aubin, which is not real good....Edit: Good news came a little later....so a good game by him, I'm happy!
5- Out of the tryouts, Joanisse made a good impression, no word on the others....Timmins and Co didn't seem to score that great as far as tryouts are concerned.....
6- O'Byrne while impressively big and tough, needs work, maybe more work than expected
7- While Desjardins was good, needs work but he does seem to have the willingness to work hard. Good insurance policy to have in Cincinnati. Were the nets reduced???

Those are my impressions of the french report given...

Old
09-09-2006, 08:12 PM
znk

Quote:
goals socred by, Kost, lats, D'agostini, aubin and maxwell

ok so as i expected some of the players improved in this game, here is the breakdown on who i noticed:
Nice job! thnx

Last edited by montreal: 09-09-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old
09-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Good report from that guy. Though we still don't know who scored the last unknown goal.
Well we do now. The 2 posters above you independently confirmed it was D'Agostini.

Old
09-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Habitants

my report may not be too detailed, it is mainly becasue i was occupied with my camera

Old
09-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

I don't know all the assists cause there are no official box scores, so calculations are rough, but our leading scorers through 2 games include:

Mikhail Grabovski 2-2-4
Matt D'Agostini 2-1-3
Kyle Chipchura 0-3-3
Mathieu Aubin 2-0-2
Guillaume Latendresse 1-1-2
Sergei Kostitsyn 1-1-2
Ben Maxwell 1-1-2
Kevin Petit 1-0-1
Ryan White 0-1-1
Greg Stewary 0-1-1
Conrad Martin 0-1-1
Martin Frechette 0-1-1

Last edited by Dan K: 09-09-2006 at 08:24 PM. Reason: updated with new info
Old
09-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
I don't know all the assists cause there are no box scores, so calculations are rough, but our leading scorers through 2 games include:

Grabovski 2-2-4
Chipchura 0-3-3
D'Agostini 2-0-2
Aubin 2-0-2
Latendresse 1-1-2
S. Kostitsyn 1-1-2
yes that looks about right.
Maxwell has a goal, and i think he might also have an assist somwhere, so 2 pts for him also. again, he impressed me with his patience and good hockey sense

Old
09-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

BTW, this is the boxscore I scribbled down. Might not be accurate on assists... but then again, it might be...

1st
1. MTL Kostitsyn (Grabovsky)
2. MTL D'Agostini (Chipchura, Latendresse)
2nd
3. MTL Aubin (Kostitsyn, Maxwell)
4. MTL Maxwell (White, Stewart)
3rd
5. FLO Collins (Meyer, Martens)
6. MTL Latendresse (Chipchura, D'Agostini)

3 stars
1 - Latendresse
2 - Chipchura
3 - Desjardins

I had the shots like this, but it's by memory, I didn't write it down:
MTL - 15+6+6 = 27
FLO - 6+12+13 = 31

I sort of think Florida deserved another goal late in the game when the puck went in on a dislodged net, but those things are always hard to judge live without the benefit of the replay. They had frequent problems with the nets coming loose. But anyway. 5-1 or 5-2 makes little enough difference.

Conrad Martin got in a fight with Tuma in the first period, nothing very much, looked like Tuma left the game favouring his right arm or shoulder after the tilt.

Still basically a specialty teams game with all the chintzy little penalty calls per the NHL crackdown of last year. I don't enjoy that much, it really takes away from the intensity and physicality of the game IMO, but I guess we'd better get used to it, that's the new NHL.

Our lines start off like:
Latendresse-Chipchura-D'Agostini
Kostitsyn-Grabovsky-White
Stewart-Aubin-Maxwell
Mouton-PicardHooper-Mikus
... but I think they finally decided to permanently switch up White and Aubin part way through, as those players seemed to click better with the other lines. The switch worked really well IMO.

Joanisse and St.Denis were in to replace Cepek and Carle from last night's game.

I'll get to some individual player comments later tonight.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Our lines start off like:
Latendresse-Chipchura-D'Agostini
Kostitsyn-Grabovsky-White
Stewart-Aubin-Maxwell
Mouton-PicardHooper-Mikus
... but I think they finally decided to permanently switch up White and Aubin part way through, as those players seemed to click better with the other lines. The switch worked really well IMO.
Thanks BG.

The lines being switched will also be benefic to the Maxwell line as well. It gives him two bangers with a certain nose on the net and as seen at the dev. camp, Maxwell and White had a lot of fun together. So that will make 3 good lines for the rest of the tournament. Only Mikus doesn't get justice too much but he'll have plenty of time with the Sags this year.....

Old
09-09-2006, 08:28 PM
madvie
female habs fan

I was there today, and Cédrik Desjardins (the goalie who played for the Remparts during the Memorial Cup) stole the show (I was near his end most of the time and he made some crazy saves... ). While Florida scored once, there was an almost goal in which the net came off, so it didn't count. Grabovski (that's how it was spelled on his jersey) was also good. He had this really awesome chance but got tripped by one of the Florida guys. The ref. didn't call it so some random guy was like, "Whatsa matter ref.? You a Leafs fan?" It was hilarious. I liked what I saw from O'Byrne and from the line with Chipchura, D'Agostini and Latendresse. There were quite a few penalties (Florida's lone goal occured while they were on the PP or 5 on 3, I forget which).

Here are some pics I took today. I only got the settings fixed towards the end, so that's what most of them are showing. They're pretty crappy in quality considering my camera is one of them pocket ones (some lady had one with a lense like a foot long. I looked at my camera, then her camera, then my camera again).

Cédrik Desjardins: http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/494/s5030307fd6.jpg
Scoreboard: http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/51/s5030308wc3.jpg
Pic from when Desjardins was arguing that the net came off: http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1726/s5030309id4.jpg
Good ole celebratory man-hugging: http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1008/s5030311gu1.jpg

My brother and I also got autographs from Kirk Muller, Guy Carbonneau, Kyle Chipchura, Guillaume Latendresse, Sergei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovski. Here's the pic of our flag: http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2981/s5030292mm0.jpg

madvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad View Post
Here are some pics I took today. I only got the settings fixed towards the end, so that's what most of them are showing. They're pretty crappy in quality considering my camera is one of them pocket ones (some lady had one with a lense like a foot long. I looked at my camera, then her camera, then my camera again).
Cédrik Desjardins: http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/494/s5030307fd6.jpg
That picture is priceless.....Those nets looked like Handball nets.....

Old
09-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
That picture is priceless.....Those nets looked like Handball nets.....
Reminds me of that Conan O'Brien sketch with the leafs.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote