HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL Non-Hockey Sports Discussion 2013-2014

Old
04-18-2013, 04:38 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Rumors are that the Dolphins are gonna trade for LT Branden Albert in exchange for a 2nd round pick. Supposedly they are negotiating on a long term deal first but that seems like a good move to me. Solidify the LT position with a player that was rated better than Long, dont rely too heavily on Martin this way, and without giving up too much to get that.

If that deal does go thru before the draft next week, I can see Ireland trading down from our 1st round pick and add additional pick(s) in the deal (like another 2nd rounder). Then he can draft Eifert or Trufant later in the 1st round, still pick up another pick and be able to address multiple needs. If we stay at #12, I dont understand why a lot of mocks are predicting us to take Rhodes who's a press corner...it would be like Sean Smith 2.0 and doesnt seem like the org wanted that in the first place. At #12, I would hope we could get a potential impact guy like Ziggy Ansah.
Alberts would be a good pick up, as long as the price is right. I just hope that they can work out a contract that doesnt move him into one of the top paid LTs. And I dont think you can get a starting LT with that late 2nd rounder.

As far as the rest:

1. Dont think Eifert will be available late in the 1st. I could see the Jets possibly going after him at #9.

2. Rhodes might be a press corner, but he is very talented, has good feet, and athletic. I think he can fit in a zone scheme. I personally dont want him. The only CB I would want is Milliner, but it would cost us our other second rounder, that is if we trade the late one for Alberts.

Im on the Eifert wagon. He is a big, athletic TE that gives Tanny a red zone target, and IMO, would compliment the offense more so than Austin. I like Tavon, but we only have Keller for a year, and bringing in a Eifert would really give Tanny all the weapons he needs to succeed. I know we need a pass rusher as well, but this really is the way to go.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 04:22 PM
AntonFromAppState
hockeytalkuncensored

New uniforms have leaked. Don't like how uber plain they are. Was hoping for at least one stripe somewhere on the tops.

AntonFromAppState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:43 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonFromAppState View Post

New uniforms have leaked. Don't like how uber plain they are. Was hoping for at least one stripe somewhere on the tops.
I think those might be some mock ups from a while back. I guess we will see Thursday night, when they hopefully pick Eifert.

Edit: That probably is the new uniform, since its next the the Jaguars uniform that was unveiled tonight.

Last edited by pb1300: 04-23-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old
04-23-2013, 09:42 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

I like last years version more. Between the Marlins and Dolphins the uniform department is lacking

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:47 PM
zeroG

bad idea to change one of the best unis in pro sports and the results are even more depressing. (bad) lipstick on a pig.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:26 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
bad idea to change one of the best unis in pro sports and the results are even more depressing. (bad) lipstick on a pig.
You don't like the logo Zero? I love it.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:25 AM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I also love it. Modern, clean design with a return to our classic colors: aqua and coral. Great to see they minimized the navy blue; took it out the navy drop-shadows on numbers.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:53 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Word on the street is that they are going to unveil a 3rd jersey Thursday as well. Boy, Thursday cant get here soon enough!

Old
04-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Apparently, the Dolphins are still pursuing the possibility of a Branden Albert trade. If that does happen today or tomorrow before the draft, we definitely will be looking at our other needs to be filled which I like to hear personally.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...ing-again.html

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:38 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Apparently, the Dolphins are still pursuing the possibility of a Branden Albert trade. If that does happen today or tomorrow before the draft, we definitely will be looking at our other needs to be filled which I like to hear personally.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...ing-again.html
I think it will happen, but only after the Fins see what is available up until they pick.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
I think it will happen, but only after the Fins see what is available up until they pick.
You mean the #12 pick or the 2nd round pick? I dont think they want to wait that long. If they cant get a deal done they like for Albert, I could see them wanting to use their pick(s) to move up and draft a tackle instead.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:43 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
You mean the #12 pick or the 2nd round pick? I dont think they want to wait that long. If they cant get a deal done they like for Albert, I could see them wanting to use their pick(s) to move up and draft a tackle instead.
Yeah, I meant at 12. I think they will wait to see how the draft goes, who is available, and if they could move up. If they dont move up for a tackle, then I expect the trade to be completed before the start of the 2nd round. They still have to work the money out though, because he wants top LT money, and its a bit much for my liking. If they can get him for about $7.5-8 million per, then its a good deal.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:08 PM
zeroG

Quote:
you know... i don't hate it. i can't say that i love it but my response went from "oh **** - WHY would you change the logo?" to "eh.... it's not as bad as it could've been". i may grow to like it. i agree with the comment about the drop shadows and now that we are talking about jerseys, i'm happy to see that they haven't gone all super modern with the sleeves (like the jaguars ? jersey in the image). maybe it'll end up being a nice compromise?

i have to ask, though - do folks feel like we really needed to change the logo? idk, maybe it's just that i've grown attached to the classic (even given the tweaks over the years) logo.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 06:32 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
you know... i don't hate it. i can't say that i love it but my response went from "oh **** - WHY would you change the logo?" to "eh.... it's not as bad as it could've been". i may grow to like it. i agree with the comment about the drop shadows and now that we are talking about jerseys, i'm happy to see that they haven't gone all super modern with the sleeves (like the jaguars ? jersey in the image). maybe it'll end up being a nice compromise?

i have to ask, though - do folks feel like we really needed to change the logo? idk, maybe it's just that i've grown attached to the classic (even given the tweaks over the years) logo.
Maybe they want to go through a change, like a rebirth, similar to what we went through last season. Tallon was brought in a couple of seasons ago, but last season was when he started to make major moves. Philbin was brought in last season, and this season the team started making big moves. The similarities are there, and maybe they just need a fresh start, like the Panthers did.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:06 PM
ShootIt

Do Not want Albert

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:26 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:

To me, the '97 logo represents the beginning of the bad years. I'm glad to be rid of the angry cartoon dolphin. The new logo shows that we're moving forward. A rebirth like pb1300 said. The colors are what link the new to our past glory.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:23 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Do Not want Albert
For the 54th pick, you have to make that trade, as long as its not for $9 million per.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:36 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

So I was watching one of my favorite real estate shows the other night (I love real estate-its my hobby and career) and just so happens that George Parros was looking to buy a house with his wife in Los Angeles. Im assuming it aired before his signing with the panthers but its still interesting to see the real estate decision making process of a hockey player and florida panther.

http://videobam.com/fSkMr

You will see George and his cute wife around the 14 minute mark.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:20 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
For the 54th pick, you have to make that trade, as long as its not for $9 million per.
It's the money issue for me.

I rather would of seen them give 9 mil to Long than to deal a second round pick for albert then pay him top dollar.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:05 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:

I rather would of seen them give 9 mil to Long than to deal a second round pick for albert then pay him top dollar.
For the same money, I rather see Albert play for 16 games than Long play for 8-14 games.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Not against signing Winston and taking a guy in the 2nd at LT.

Not sure on the new logo, iffy with it.

04-25-2013, 05:08 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:

Long is a big question mark, and I was afraid that they would give him a long term deal at a high salary. He is just breaking down, and will end up being a shell of his former self much sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Not against signing Winston and taking a guy in the 2nd at LT.

Not sure on the new logo, iffy with it.
There is no tackle worth either the 42nd or 54th pick in the 2nd round. If we can get Albert for the 54th, or maybe even a 3rd rounder, its the best option, without a doubt. Im sure they will revisit Winston if they dont come away with some solid linemen in the draft.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:11 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

LOVE THE WHITE!

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/us-fo...-jersey-reveal

Last edited by pb1300: 08-25-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old
04-25-2013, 07:39 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Dolphins trade up to #3 for Dion Jordan! WOW! I am surprised as hell, because I thought it was going to be Lane Johnson. I guess we are going to get the Alberts trade done, depending on what we gave up to move up to #3. I am shocked! Ill tell you what though, we have some crazy speed in that front seven now. If we can add one more CB later on in the draft, we are going to be tough to score on!

Old
04-25-2013, 08:49 PM
ShootIt

The pick surprised me at first, but, I like it.

Now it's time for me to see who Jerry Jones drafts...