HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#46 Rangers @ Panthers

Old
04-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
Oh boy, here comes the "Callahan is a 3rd liner" parade. I didn't know 29 goal scorers play on the 3rd line. Is he playing with Step?
Let's be honest, he's got no skills. I think..............

Thunderhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
If this hypothetical lost series was going to be vs. Montreal, I'd be all for the extended season.

Losing it to Pittsburgh would actually make me sick. I can not stand a single thing about that self-entitled, ********* organization.
Pitt won 7 in a row without their best players. We can't beat the LAST ****ING TEAM IN THE NHL.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:50 AM
bubba5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
Pitt won 7 in a row without their best players. We can't beat the LAST ****ING TEAM IN THE NHL.
Typical Rangers. Only themselves to blame. Pk is aweful. Can't make a big stop with that passive crap.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Vitto79

of course they have to make it tough on themselves. Watch the Jets win and Rangers lose on Thursday then its a must win on Saturday. I will crap myself

luckily I am going to a Tigers day game and Wings night game in Detroit on Thursday so I dont have to freak out watching on TV. Although I will be checking the scoreboard all the time

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:56 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Winnipeg finally loses and the Rangers can't beat the Panthers. figures.

Ultra frustrating to say the least. I dont know what it is with this team and trap games. Especially at this time of year. There really isnt any excuse.

I know a lot of people are getting on Callahan but the blame should be spread around. Torts has got to take a time out somewhere along the line to change the flow of the game. Clowe has got to seemed interested, and start a fight. Del Zottos gotta be more active. Hagelin needs to be more consistent outside of the offensive zone. The list goes on for a game like this.

Hagelin has been very good below the circles, but other than that hes running around like a crack addict smacking the puck around aimlessly. He needs to take another step and settle the **** down, keep it consistent defensively.

All i heard from the Sharks fans was how hard Clowe was on the puck, tireless worker, all heart, drops the mitts at good times - even takes some bad penalties to get things going (wouldve loved that last night). I havent seen much, if any of that with the Rangers. He's been decent on the wall, but otherwise he's pedestrian. IF the Rangers make the playoffs I need to see a lot more from this dude otherwise I dont think hes worth a penny over 2.5 a year and thats if he's even resigned.

Nash, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt thinking he might show up in the third, but that cant be the case anymore. Again, IF the Rangers make it, hes going to have to not only show up, but show up the entire game. He had some ok zone time and took it to the net but I got the feeling from him and others that the puck was somehow going to find its way into the net if they just went through the motions. No one was stepping up and forcing the issue last night until it was too late. If Nash wants to take the next step in his career hes going to need to do that more consistently in games like this, especially on the road.

Speaking of Road, this is a completely different team on the road. They suck away from MSG. I blame part of that on Torts. He doesnt adjust well and concentrates on matchups too often. Sometimes its called for but not against a team like the Panthers. Let the Panthers PLAY YOU. Its a mindset. I think the Rangers showed the Panthers far too much respect and were overthinking it. Torts always talks about swagger. You have to play with arrogance. Desperate moves like pulling a goalie on the PP with almost 2 minutes left doesnt show the team you're in control. Didn't see any of that from the Rangers last night, even when it sounded like a home game at times.

I really can't forgive this team for this one. Sure they've had some bad breaks this season and shouldve won some games early when they were the better team. But this late in the season against a team like the Panthers, its inexcusable. It really is.

They'll need to come back and throttle the Canes, because I swear to god, if we go into that last game and give the Devils a chance to end our season, on home ice in front of the paying customers (me being one of them on Saturday) it will NOT be pretty, not to mention its the ****ing DEVILS. They will play that game like its game 7 of the finals and rightfully so. **** that.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Winnipeg finally loses and the Rangers can't beat the Panthers. figures.

Ultra frustrating to say the least. I dont know what it is with this team and trap games. Especially at this time of year. There really isnt any excuse.

I know a lot of people are getting on Callahan but the blame should be spread around. Torts has got to take a time out somewhere along the line to change the flow of the game. Clowe has got to seemed interested, and start a fight. Del Zottos gotta be more active. Hagelin needs to be more consistent outside of the offensive zone. The list goes on for a game like this.

Hagelin has been very good below the circles, but other than that hes running around like a crack addict smacking the puck around aimlessly. He needs to take another step and settle the **** down, keep it consistent defensively.

All i heard from the Sharks fans was how hard Clowe was on the puck, tireless worker, all heart, drops the mitts at good times - even takes some bad penalties to get things going (wouldve loved that last night). I havent seen much, if any of that with the Rangers. He's been decent on the wall, but otherwise he's pedestrian. IF the Rangers make the playoffs I need to see a lot more from this dude otherwise I dont think hes worth a penny over 2.5 a year and thats if he's even resigned.

Nash, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt thinking he might show up in the third, but that cant be the case anymore. Again, IF the Rangers make it, hes going to have to not only show up, but show up the entire game. He had some ok zone time and took it to the net but I got the feeling from him and others that the puck was somehow going to find its way into the net if they just went through the motions. No one was stepping up and forcing the issue last night until it was too late. If Nash wants to take the next step in his career hes going to need to do that more consistently in games like this, especially on the road.

Speaking of Road, this is a completely different team on the road. They suck away from MSG. I blame part of that on Torts. He doesnt adjust well and concentrates on matchups too often. Sometimes its called for but not against a team like the Panthers. Let the Panthers PLAY YOU. Its a mindset. I think the Rangers showed the Panthers far too much respect and were overthinking it. Torts always talks about swagger. You have to play with arrogance. Desperate moves like pulling a goalie on the PP with almost 2 minutes left doesnt show the team you're in control. Didn't see any of that from the Rangers last night, even when it sounded like a home game at times.

I really can't forgive this team for this one. Sure they've had some bad breaks this season and shouldve won some games early when they were the better team. But this late in the season against a team like the Panthers, its inexcusable. It really is.

They'll need to come back and throttle the Canes, because I swear to god, if we go into that last game and give the Devils a chance to end our season, on home ice in front of the paying customers (me being one of them on Saturday) it will NOT be pretty, not to mention its the ****ing DEVILS. They will play that game like its game 7 of the finals and rightfully so. **** that.
This is a great post.

It speaks volumes about mindset, and how all season long they have played like they had already earned something. Unthinkable for last yrs squad.

Now they've coasted themselves into having to win one of the next two (or backing in w a WPG loss) just to make the playoffs and face the Pens who were really, really good BEFORE the trade deadline.

I wonder what the mindset will be when it really is win or go home because to this point, this team hasn't played with desperation.

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:19 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
This is a great post.

It speaks volumes about mindset, and how all season long they have played like they had already earned something. Unthinkable for last yrs squad.

Now they've coasted themselves into having to win one of the next two (or backing in w a WPG loss) just to make the playoffs and face the Pens who were really, really good BEFORE the trade deadline.

I wonder what the mindset will be when it really is win or go home because to this point, this team hasn't played with desperation.
Yeah, it was really nice when the Rangers were getting bounces, but outside of guys like Zuccarello last night, it seemed like they figured they would get them again and not make their own.

Its a game to game thing. You'd love to think that this game teaches them a lesson going into the dance about killer instinct and really putting the pedal to the metal. But we've seen these loses all year, so I dont really see that changing - even in the playoffs.

As much as I'd like to believe they could beat the Pens, its a long shot. They should be in 6th place right now. 6th. Sure the Caps are hot and Im sick of seeing them in the PO, but they arent the Pens. Hopefully theyll find a way to get into 7th, because I think Bos is their best matchup. Whatever. Losses like this are so disenchanting.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Lerb

It's loffens fault. Nils, make the next GDT.

Lerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:26 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
It's loffens fault. Nils, make the next GDT.
When I actually had time to do them, I had a sick record.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...897&highlight=

Back in the day lol

Old
04-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Unpredictable1

Lundqvist made two show stopper saves later in the third - those were the types you reflect on when Rangers tie it to send it to OT.

Instead he got pulled, and they got an empty netter.

Am I the only one that thinks pulling Hank to tie a game is almost a guaranteed empty net goal this entire season? Seems like it.

The Rangers had a few good shift sprinkled throughout the periods however did not play well IMO.

I said to the wife last night as I was fighting to stay awake to watch that monstrosity that someone needs to get flattened doesn't matter what side, to wake those punks up.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
OH, we're plenty upset. This was an unacceptable loss, that could potentially cost them huge.

The difference is that our perception of the team takes more than one game to change. If Hagelin makes one incredible shot, that doesn't make him a sniper. We win 4 in a row, it doesn't make us cup contenders. We lose a key game, it doesn't make us uninspired or chokers.

This isn't even a full season, and we're talking about a team we, honestly, don't know all that well. It's all very reactionary, and terribly unscientific.
Fantastic post...totally agree.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
OH, we're plenty upset. This was an unacceptable loss, that could potentially cost them huge.

The difference is that our perception of the team takes more than one game to change. If Hagelin makes one incredible shot, that doesn't make him a sniper. We win 4 in a row, it doesn't make us cup contenders. We lose a key game, it doesn't make us uninspired or chokers.

This isn't even a full season, and we're talking about a team we, honestly, don't know all that well. It's all very reactionary, and terribly unscientific.
They've been losing Key games all season, to weaker teams.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Garv23

Can't dwell...it's too frustrating. Right now all I'm begging for is that the misery ends quickly with a win tomorrow or a Montreal win over Winn. If we are forced to have a must win on the last game of the season against NJ I'll have a heart attack. NJ will play that game like it's their game 7 final. And on top of that, I want that game to mean nothing so someone can beat the hell out of Ryan Carter for taking out Hank.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:48 AM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Last night was a prime example of why scheduling means nothing to me. The New York Rangers are a team that makes every team they play look like the New York Rangers. Losing to the Panthers, given their injury situation is inexcusable. I'll give credit to Florida, they did what they had to do, but the Rangers should have stomped that team into the ground.

Win one of their next 2 and they are in, but I sure as hell hope it doesn't come down to game 48. That has disaster written all over it. The Devils are a tough team and their recent skid is a true indication of what type of team they are.

The Rangers best chance comes down either Jets losing to Montreal, who played a poor game against the Devils, or Rangers beating the Hurricanes.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Loffen
Cup mode: ON

I told the boys to lose. Sorry hombres.

Anyway, Richie's line showed up last night. The others not so much. Skipping the morning skate and spending time on the beach instead = great success.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:53 AM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
I told the boys to lose. Sorry hombres.

Anyway, Richie's line showed up last night. The others not so much. Skipping the morning skate and spending time on the beach instead = great success.
You re-catch your lucky flu right now!

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:57 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
When I actually had time to do them, I had a sick record.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...897&highlight=

Back in the day lol
♫Well that was back in the day
And if you weren't there
It doesn't matter anyway
Because you wouldn't understand♫

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:57 AM
DumpnChase12

Girardi gave my son a puck during warmups last night

DumpnChase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:06 AM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpnChase12 View Post
Girardi gave my son a puck during warmups last night

Were you sitting behind the goal while they were shooting and it just ended up high and wide to your son?

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The 2nd goal was just horrendous, man. Even Chimp can't defend Hank on that goal. The first goal is at least defensible since it was deflected (although I feel he should have saved it). Scott Stajcer makes that save.
I can't? You make goaltending sound like the easiest job in the world. First goal is on Hank, because, well, half the rosters on the ice were in front of the goal and it was deflected, but he still should have saved it. Should've? Don't you mean could've? Ok. Nevermind that the pointmen always have a field day in our zone and all our players do is screen our own goaltender. And if our opponents don't deflect it, our players will. One wine bottle to the team this season, I wonder why? Because this happens every frigging game and this collapse strategy is collapsing on itself? No, it must be because of Hank.

The second goal is of course purely Hank's fault. Well sure, it was on a PP, it was scored by an uncontested player - standing all alone right in the slot - on a tip-in shot, on a pass that forced Hank to move laterally, but other than that, my god what a weak goal! He sure was sleepwalking the entire game! He obviously didn't understand how important this game was. Those highlight reel saves he made were just an anomaly.

Calling the 2nd goal a bummer is one thing. Calling it "horrendeus" is ridiculous. Throwing him under the bus like you just did is icing on the cake. Which hyperboles will you have left when he has a truly bad performance? For all it's worth Jonathan, blaming a loss such as this one on the goalie is so... I don't know what. Hyperbolian in itself?

You call me a Lundqvist homer, I call you Rangers fans affected by the Lundqvist syndrome. You've become so spoiled when it comes down to goaltending having that guy between the pipes for so many years, you've lost perspective. "Scott Stajcer makes that save". I will enjoy reading the GDTs the first season after Hank is gone. It'll be 500 pages of goaltending bashing and it'll take a decade before any goaltender is good enough to be able to play in the Garden again without being thrown under the bus by the crowd.

Last edited by Chimp: 04-24-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:19 AM
NYR Viper

Just wanted to come in here to say that Asham fared VERY well against one of the super heavyweights in Parros last night. Very impressed with that fight from him.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:23 AM
DumpnChase12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Were you sitting behind the goal while they were shooting and it just ended up high and wide to your son?

My son was by the glass and Girardi saw him,shot the puck into the netting and it fell behind the glass to him.

DumpnChase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
My son was by the glass and Girardi saw him,shot the puck into the netting and it fell behind the glass to him.
Lol, I bet your son will never loose that puck.
Girardi is a very nice dude. Too bad he can only shoot wide.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
This instantly makes your son 800000000x better at handling passes than a majority of this team.

What size jersey does he wear and does he know how to skate? The second part is actually irrelevant because if he doesn't, he'll fit right in!

"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:39 AM
mandiblesofdoom

Typical Rangers loss. They played well enough to lose. This seems so familiar:

- A lot of time in the O-zone but not a lot of quality chances. A lot of work but little benefit.

- Chances they had they didn't seize. Callahan not shooting when the goalie was down looked bad.

- Ineffective PP. Girardi on the point. He's a good player, but this isn't his thing.

- Give up the go-ahead goal on a bad penalty shortly after tying the game.

- Not rolling four lines once they fell behind. I guess the theory is it gets the potential scorers more time, but the effect is to wear them out.

- Pulling the goalie on the PP. This doesn't work with the Rangers MO of willingly giving up possession so often. With the goalie out, they gained the zone, then someone (Nash?) whipped the puck behind the net like they always do, Florida wound up with it and scored.

mandiblesofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote