HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#46: Apathy

Old
04-23-2013, 01:47 PM
littletonhockeycoach

vCash: 500
From the cheap seats (home on the couch watching Center Ice...)

Good:
TV. Had some great chances to tie this game - esp. at the end of the 3rd when if not for a body part or two in the way.... one timer shot, glove save made in another.....

Grigs shift where he snapped a wrister from the slot and laterin the shift, accelerated and crashed into the net. That showed me something I've been looking for from him all season. If he plays that way with intensity and hustle, he's got the talent to shine.

Enroth - a stellar performance (using his butt to stop pucks) that will only be remembered for the dribbler thru his legs that gave the Jets the lead.

He needs to stop reading the manual Miller's left open on the bench on how to lose games in predictable fashion.

Ott: Nice fight sticking up for Air Hoff (which is how RJ pronounces it hence my rip off on Air Jordan)

Scott just missing out on scoring a goal.... wonder what he was jawing with Big Buff about afterwards....?

Bad: multiple replays showed that Vanek was not off sides on that zone transition re-entry in the last couple of minutes of the 3rd. Too bad 'cause he looked to had split the D and had a open lane to the net.

TV was still *****ing at the linesman after the game ended about the bad call.

Grigs with Hecht. (sure wish we would have seen Grigs and Leino this year. Would have been interesting.)

The Foligno led line combo.....

Ennis, Hodgson, Gerbe,

Thought the Defense was mediocre at best

Ugly: This season. At least it's almost over. I think it's the most depressing one for me since the the late 80's when we finished last and chose Turgeon afterwards in the draft.

Sad: Perception that Ralston will be offered the coaching reins and not much else will change in leadership over the hockey department over the summer.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:50 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazielMoshman View Post
CoHo has struggled without quality wingers. Ennis is far better on the 2nd line, I don't think his ready for the top line yet at all, if he ever will be. His certainly no good with Hodgson. What the hell are we going to do for the top line if Regier does the stupid thing and trade Vanek?
So you are saying that CoHo is struggling because Vanek and Ennis aren't good enough?

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
So you are saying that CoHo is struggling because Vanek and Ennis aren't good enough?
everyone who has played with Ennis has struggled this year, has struggled while playing with him (except Ott???)

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:56 PM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Quote:
No, Vanek is fine but hasn't been brilliant since he came back, CoHo definitely didn't help that. Ennis I don't feel is good enough for 1st line duty, certainly as a winger. It reminds me of Roy being our 1st line centre.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:03 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
everyone who has played with Ennis has struggled this year, has struggled while playing with him (except Ott???)
But how does that explain him struggling before they were put together?

Old
04-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
But how does that explain him struggling before they were put together?
it doesn't... they've both been struggling.... they are young players, on a ****** team, that traded away a bulk of its veteran leadership, and gave up on the season...

this isn't rocket science...

Old
04-23-2013, 02:29 PM
stokes84

Quote:
it doesn't... they've both been struggling.... they are young players, on a ****** team, that traded away a bulk of its veteran leadership, and gave up on the season...

this isn't rocket science...
No doubt. I was just making the point that it's not right to put either of their struggles at the feet of other players. They both need to own it.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Was there last night....the crowd simply sucked. Myself and a few guys in the section next to us were trying to get some noise going but nobody seemed to want to make any noise....I understand its a meaningless game but isnt that supposed to be half of the fun of the game?

You know what would be hysterical AND appropriate for the last home game?

Make sure the arena is as quiet as possible. if anyone utters a peep, shooooosh them down. Not a single noise. Not a peep. Silence like it's an empty building

I know it won't happen, but it would be a fitting end to a season where the only real noise fans made was booing, which upset the team.

Even more appropriate since it's fan appreciation night.

Maybe in that church-like quiet, the team could boo the fans!

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 04:34 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazielMoshman View Post
CoHo has struggled without quality wingers. Ennis is far better on the 2nd line, I don't think his ready for the top line yet at all, if he ever will be. His certainly no good with Hodgson. What the hell are we going to do for the top line if Regier does the stupid thing and trade Vanek?
What are we going to do if we trade Vanek? We will do pretty bad is what we'll do. Our offense aside from Vanek is inconsistent and sometimes downright invisible. Vanek is the only legit 1st liner we have. Ennis and Hodgson still aren't fully developed and are not 1st liners yet. They are more suited for the 2nd line as of now. Since we have a pretty decent amount of cap room now, I am hoping that we are able to pick up a 1st line forward who has a large ca hit on the cheap. Ever since we lost the co caps we have yet to add another 1st line player to our forward core. We need to add talent to our top 2 lines, not trade Vanek away. I'm hoping Darcy will be able to parlay a few of our excess picks to add some proven talent.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:20 PM
hizzoner

I used my tickets and took 3 friends. While we did the wings and suds things we just could not get into the game. I liked some of what I saw but do not agree with everyone on what was happening in the game. Our outlet passes were picked off a LOT--a lot of work needs to be done here. The defense were slow in getting the puck up to the forward on the boards at the blue line-a second delay and telegraphing the pass to a winger now stopped facing the wrong way with no outlet for him. And the number of times the cross ice passing attempt was picked off in our zone? Sheesh. Ennis was great but also had a lot of unforced turnovers. I was trying to think of how often Grigs got a pass last
night from his linemates--once he passed it he never saw it again. And the officiating sucked...Kudos to Ott!

hizzoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:35 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

I love Gerbe's heart and drive, but my god! The play dies on his stick almost every shift he was out there. He gets checked off the puck easily. I think I counted 3 times he connected with a nice pass or took a shot. I really hope he gets moved. The cute experiment is over. Good luck elsewhere.

(watch, he'll have a 3 point night tonight )

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
What are we going to do if we trade Vanek? We will do pretty bad is what we'll do. Our offense aside from Vanek is inconsistent and sometimes downright invisible. Vanek is the only legit 1st liner we have. Ennis and Hodgson still aren't fully developed and are not 1st liners yet. They are more suited for the 2nd line as of now. Since we have a pretty decent amount of cap room now, I am hoping that we are able to pick up a 1st line forward who has a large ca hit on the cheap. Ever since we lost the co caps we have yet to add another 1st line player to our forward core. We need to add talent to our top 2 lines, not trade Vanek away. I'm hoping Darcy will be able to parlay a few of our excess picks to add some proven talent.
ironic isn't it... since Vanek is inconsistent and sometimes downright invisible too

Old
04-23-2013, 06:07 PM
misterchainsaw
Garbo is coming

Send a message via AIM to misterchainsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Florida's the only team in the NHL with less wins than Buffalo actually playing hockey (ie ROW). We're already at the very least "pretty bad".

misterchainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:19 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Quote:
ironic isn't it... since Vanek is inconsistent and sometimes downright invisible too
Thats not quite irony, but that aside.

He can be, but his by far and wide the best we have. In fact he is, as mentioned, the only top line talent we have at the moment. Hodgson can't carry it by himself and I doubt Ennis will ever be a top line player.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote