HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 CHL Playoff Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2013, 12:53 AM
  #176
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
A competitive game!

Moose win 6-4.
Drakkar win 2-1

MacKinnon hat-trick and this by Drouin...

Didn't he get the shot off on the original play? Should it have been a Penalty Shot?

It was a nice move too.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:27 AM
  #177
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,329
vCash: 50
I know how serious teams are with concussions, but Smith doesn't look right out there. That and Portland Is shut them down on the PP.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 05:00 PM
  #178
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,357
vCash: 597
Sounded like an absolute battle today between the Whalers and Knights. Plymouth wins it in double OT.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 05:25 PM
  #179
SympathyForTheDevils
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Marcus Power scores the 12th goal of the Halifax-Rouyn series, and it's the first goal that isn't scored by one of the first-lines.

Good for Rouyn, since they're gonna need to have players other than Andrighetto-Dea-Kucherov step up if they're gonna have a chance at winning this series.

SympathyForTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:53 PM
  #180
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,506
vCash: 500
Should be a doozy tonight in Calgary.

Let's hope the Hitmen stop with the petty slashes and the refs let the players decide the game.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:23 PM
  #181
Terrence
Registered Slacker
 
Terrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,003
vCash: 500
London was leading 3-0 going into the 3rd. Now 4-3 Plymouth with ~ 7 minutes to play. Edit: And Domi ties it up. Edit: Knights take the lead on a goal by Griffith. 4 minutes to go.

__________________

Last edited by Terrence: 04-23-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:39 PM
  #182
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,127
vCash: 500
Wow what a game in Plymouth. 3-0 London to 4-3 Plymouth to 5-4 London

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:32 PM
  #183
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,053
vCash: 226
Calgary up 5-1 on Edmonton. Oil Kings dominated the first, Calgary has just lit them up in the 2nd. Brossoit with a couple bad goals, Jarry now in net.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:44 PM
  #184
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Mooseheads win 3-2 in OT to take a 3-0 series lead. Drouin with the game winner. Mackinnon & Frk with the helpers.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:05 PM
  #185
PorkChopSandwiches
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Mooseheads win 3-2 in OT to take a 3-0 series lead. Drouin with the game winner. Mackinnon & Frk with the helpers.
I think the shots were 49-28 that game. Soooo many chances for the Moose to win in regulation and early OT.

PorkChopSandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:03 PM
  #186
Brewster
Registered User
 
Brewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Calgary up 5-1 on Edmonton. Oil Kings dominated the first, Calgary has just lit them up in the 2nd. Brossoit with a couple bad goals, Jarry now in net.
I would argue that the Hitmen dominated the first as well. Just a complete effort from them. I have no idea where the Kings' defense went in that second period, but they'd better find it fast as they are back at it for game 4 tomorrow. As an aside to that, Griffin Reinhart left the game with a cut foot.

It goes without saying that this is the most adversity Oil Kings have faced since the finals last year. Tomorrow's game will show us what this edition of the Oil Kings is made of.

Kamloops is up 5-1 on the Hawks at the second intermission.

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:35 AM
  #187
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
I would argue that the Hitmen dominated the first as well. Just a complete effort from them. I have no idea where the Kings' defense went in that second period, but they'd better find it fast as they are back at it for game 4 tomorrow. As an aside to that, Griffin Reinhart left the game with a cut foot.

It goes without saying that this is the most adversity Oil Kings have faced since the finals last year. Tomorrow's game will show us what this edition of the Oil Kings is made of.

Kamloops is up 5-1 on the Hawks at the second intermission.
Oil Kings dmen didn't show up for the whole game. Hitmen played a much cleaner game than the game 2 and out played the Oil Kings.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 03:04 AM
  #188
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
I would argue that the Hitmen dominated the first as well. Just a complete effort from them. I have no idea where the Kings' defense went in that second period, but they'd better find it fast as they are back at it for game 4 tomorrow. As an aside to that, Griffin Reinhart left the game with a cut foot.

It goes without saying that this is the most adversity Oil Kings have faced since the finals last year. Tomorrow's game will show us what this edition of the Oil Kings is made of.

Kamloops is up 5-1 on the Hawks at the second intermission.
2G / 2A for Tim Bozon , what a steal this kid is turning out to be , when he's on he makes everyone around him better.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:24 AM
  #189
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Calgary up 5-1 on Edmonton. Oil Kings dominated the first, Calgary has just lit them up in the 2nd. Brossoit with a couple bad goals, Jarry now in net.
Another Oil Kings loosely throwing around the word dominate, again.

Going by the same criteria used for game 1, Calgary doubled their shot count in the 1st.

Another game dominated by the referee's is more like it.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:05 AM
  #190
PumpkinBomb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Another Oil Kings loosely throwing around the word dominate, again.

Going by the same criteria used for game 1, Calgary doubled their shot count in the 1st.

Another game dominated by the referee's is more like it.
I agree with you here. Although the Oil Kings did control much of the play in the first, by virtue that Calgary had taken a few penalties. Calgary was getting more quality scoring chances. (Brossoit had to do a cartwheel to save a goal).

Calgary continued that play in the second and found seams in the Oil Kings D.

Then in the 3rd their D played incredible. The only Oil King that stood out was Lazar, and to some extent Foster. Everyone else was a complete non-factor.

Edit: If i were Calgary's coach the one thing that would bother me is that the Hitmen let off the gas alot in the 3rd. Their D did play great in limiting chances, but i know in the Oil Kings big wins they've had in the playoffs Laxdall will not let them let up in their play as it becomes practicing your bad habits.

PumpkinBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
  #191
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinBomb View Post
I agree with you here. Although the Oil Kings did control much of the play in the first, by virtue that Calgary had taken a few penalties. Calgary was getting more quality scoring chances. (Brossoit had to do a cartwheel to save a goal).

Calgary continued that play in the second and found seams in the Oil Kings D.

Then in the 3rd their D played incredible. The only Oil King that stood out was Lazar, and to some extent Foster. Everyone else was a complete non-factor.

Edit: If i were Calgary's coach the one thing that would bother me is that the Hitmen let off the gas alot in the 3rd. Their D did play great in limiting chances, but i know in the Oil Kings big wins they've had in the playoffs Laxdall will not let them let up in their play as it becomes practicing your bad habits.
Yeah, I didn't like Calgary's approach in the 3rd. You can see why they did it though. I imagine they didn't want any part of running up the score.

I found it interesting that Rask basically set the tone last night with his nice hit on Cheek. Cheek also took another big hit behind the net.

That week first goal on Driedger could have caused a lot of problems for Calgary. Good to see them bounce back.

Now hoping Oil Kings win game 4.

I want this to go 7.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:31 PM
  #192
Stahl2Stall
Drawing Frog 8
 
Stahl2Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London ON Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,254
vCash: 500
Knights up 3-1 with 6-4 win in Plymouth tonight

such a tight series

Stahl2Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:46 PM
  #193
BigD66
Registered User
 
BigD66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Edmonton off to a better start, up 4-1 in the first.

BigD66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:02 PM
  #194
Brewster
Registered User
 
Brewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 861
vCash: 500
Role reversal from yesterday. Kings give a complete 60 minute effort and school the Hitmen. Foster and St Croix with excellent outings for Edmonton.

Oil Kings lost another defenseman with Ashton Sautner blocking two slapshots in rapid succession while on the PK and leaving the game immediately after.

Virtanen back for game 5 on Friday. Should be an intruiging game to say the least.

Hawks up 3-0 on the Blazers. Portland has a wicked team for sure, but I would say Kamloops wins once more before all is said and done. Who knows though, I hear that the Rose Garden is pretty intimidating this time of year.

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:25 PM
  #195
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,506
vCash: 500
Cgy-Edm aren't even good games at this point.

Glad it's tied. But it would sure be nice if both teams showed up on the same night.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:59 PM
  #196
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Role reversal from yesterday. Kings give a complete 60 minute effort and school the Hitmen. Foster and St Croix with excellent outings for Edmonton.

Oil Kings lost another defenseman with Ashton Sautner blocking two slapshots in rapid succession while on the PK and leaving the game immediately after.

Virtanen back for game 5 on Friday. Should be an intruiging game to say the least.

Hawks up 3-0 on the Blazers. Portland has a wicked team for sure, but I would say Kamloops wins once more before all is said and done. Who knows though, I hear that the Rose Garden is pretty intimidating this time of year.
Everything is going right for Portland this year , Seth Jones is playing great hockey (also Rutkowski) , Ty Rattie and Petan have crazy chemistry.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:37 PM
  #197
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
HOLY SMOKES!!!! 1 minute, 7 seconds into the Mooseaheads game....2-1 Mooseheads!!!

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 07:33 PM
  #198
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
Fucale has kept the Mooseheads in the game so far.

since everyone is away today...now 7-4 Mooseheads. MacKinnon with 2 goals in the first 1:33 of the 3rd period

Mooseheads win 9-6 for 3rd straight series sweep. 4 points for Mackinnon, 3 for Drouin. Both have 28 points in 12 playoff games so far.


Last edited by Tripod: 04-25-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 08:57 PM
  #199
Gigantor The Goalie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,976
vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Fucale has kept the Mooseheads in the game so far.

since everyone is away today...now 7-4 Mooseheads. MacKinnon with 2 goals in the first 1:33 of the 3rd period

Mooseheads win 9-6 for 3rd straight series sweep. 4 points for Mackinnon, 3 for Drouin. Both have 28 points in 12 playoff games so far.
Mooseheads are also 12-0 so far in the QMJHL playoffs.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:05 AM
  #200
Bjindaho
Registered User
 
Bjindaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,215
vCash: 500
Stephen MacAulay is in the QMJHL finals for the 4th consecutive year

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.