HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has Marc Bergevin made his first mistake as a Habs GM?

Old
04-24-2013, 09:26 AM
MonkeyBusiness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laboeuf View Post
MB will make the draft picks count.

1st (Ryan Pulock)
2nd (Ryan Hartman)
2nd (Jordan Subban)
2nd (Anthony Duclair)
3rd (Robert Hagg)
3rd (Ryan Kujawinski)
Clearly knows what he's talking about.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Clearly knows what he's talking about.
He forgot 6th round (Drouin).

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:29 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
C'mon hoto, I thought you weren't one of them.

We've had a bad handful of games. Hardly worthy enough of a sample size to toss the first 40 games out the window. Teams are never as good as when they're winning or as bad as when they're losing, the same applies here.

To quote Carey Price, everyone "chill".
Even before the deadline I said Bergevin had a very difficult decision to make, which would be to decide if this team was for real and to make a push, or if our record was flattering us and we still had a ways to go. But like you said - we're not as bad as we're showing now, but we're probably not as good as we were showing for the first 40 games of the season. 40 games sounds like a lot, but really, it's the first half of a regular season. It's not a whole lot. It's not something you can take to the bank, necessarily.

Not too many teams go from drafting 3rd overall one year to challenging for the Cup the next. You have to be realistic and expect some growing pains. And I think that played a part in Bergevin standing pat at the deadline, for sure.

Last edited by hototogisu: 04-24-2013 at 10:30 AM.
hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Bryson

Personally I like what MB is doing. He's not perfect, no GM is but he's made some very very good moves in his short time here so far. To be honest I'm just happy to get away from management that kept spending draft picks on scrubs every year. trading away depth for nothing and acquiring that sorely lacking point shot on the PP. Sourray, Streit, Schneider, Wisniewski etc.. How many times did they have to go through that before they learned their lesson? And you ask yourself, these are the people that are supposed to know about hockey?

Bryson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Personally I like what MB is doing. He's not perfect, no GM is but he's made some very very good moves in his short time here so far. To be honest I'm just happy to get away from management that kept spending draft picks on scrubs every year. trading away depth for nothing and acquiring that sorely lacking point shot on the PP. Sourray, Streit, Schneider, Wisniewski etc.. How many times did they have to go through that before they learned their lesson? And you ask yourself, these are the people that are supposed to know about hockey?
We had Streit. We let him walk away. Souray did not cost much either.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

The lack of the physical aspect and lack of size is really starting to hurt the Habs right now. They are getting manhandled to the puck the magority of times. This was not adressed by MB.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:33 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
The lack of the physical aspect and lack of size is really starting to hurt the Habs right now. They are getting manhandled to the puck the magority of times. This was not adressed by MB.
Probably this... Anyways I look at it, our defense isn't good enough to win championships, period.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
It's not necessarily something you can address overnight. Making 2-3 dumb trades at the deadline is just a band aid.

I'd rather play smaller veterans than rush our jumbo prospects and hurt their development like Gainey did with Price.

The size thing long term is not a big deal. Gionta and Bouillon won't be here forever, Gallagher plays like he is 6'5". DD may or may not be here long term. Guys like Eller Galchenyuk are big guys who should move into bigger roles over the next 2 years. We need our bottom 4-5-6 forwards to be meaner/tougher. Hopefully MB adds a heavyweight enforcer and maybe another guy Moen's size(who plays like Moen of last year). I do think they will try and draft some bigger forwards this year, may not be the early picks though.

On defense in a couple years if you have Emelin and Tinordi plus Beaulieu and possibly Pateryn, that makes the defensive core bigger and more physical. Maybe sign a 1 year "bridge" player if Tinordi is to start AHL next year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote