Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Explosions at Marathon Part 14

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Neely08

vCash: 500
Bomber's Mother - I don't care if they kill my son. They killed my other son and I don't care. They will kill me, ok? Alluhah Ackbar!!!

Golly, how could they have become bombers? Just cant put my finger on it. WTF is wrong w/ CNN? "Awww she's grieving, she can't be held responsible for what she's saying, poor woman...." Whaaaat????

Watertown resident took pictures of firefight in Watertown. Has a shot of the two brothers taking cover behind the car, one shooting, bomb at their feet. When he saw them light it, he took cover. Bullet hole through chair in an office in his apartment, right at chest level, and dead center.

I didn't watch much of the coverage while it was happening. Three kids, couldn't do it. Beyond what my wife was telling me when she could, and what I hear through my job, I saw almost none of the national coverage, until the pics were released. Once the pics were released, I was glued here w/ others, listening to a police radio once the MIT incident occurred, typing what I heard, along w/ some others.

The coverage, I'm finding out, was just awful. NBC reported suspect was a dark skinned male? NY post put that poor Arab kid's picture on the front of the paper? Yeah, uh, they're ****ed. MSNBC had talking heads implying it was right wing extremists? Celebrating it was "caucasian males"? What the hell happened to journalism?

Reidy, good call on that murder in Waltham, looks like they're re-opening the case, or at least taking another look at it. No longer a cold case.

Last edited by Neely08: 04-24-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Old
04-24-2013, 01:06 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Bomber's Mother - I don't care if they kill my son. They killed my other son and I don't care. They will kill me, ok? Alluhah Ackbar!!!

Golly, how could they have become bombers? Just cant put my finger on it.

WTF is wrong w/ CNN? "Awww she's grieving, she can't be held responsible for what she's saying, poor woman...." Whaaaat????

Watertown resident took pictures of firefight in Watertown. Has a shot of the two brothers taking cover behind the car, one shooting, bomb at their feet. When he saw them light it, he took cover. Bullet hole through chair in an office in his apartment, right at chest level, and dead center.

I didn't watch much of the coverage while it was happening. Three kids, couldn't do it. Beyond what my wife was telling me when she could, and what I hear through my job, I saw almost none of the national coverage, until the pics were released. Once the pics were released, I was glued here w/ others, listening to a police radio once the MIT incident occurred, typing what I heard, along w/ some others.

The coverage, I'm finding out, was just awful. NBC reported suspect was a dark skinned male? NY post put that poor Arab kid's picture on the front of the paper? Yeah, uh, they're ****ed. MSNBC had talking heads implying it was right wing extremists? Celebrating it was "caucasian males"? What the hell happened to journalism?

Reidy, good call on that murder in Waltham, looks like they're re-opening the case, or at least taking another look at it. No longer a cold case.
I remember he tweeted that pic of the bullet holes that night and it was posted here.
Can't wait to hear the excuses tomorrow about the family and then the boys working the system.
I told my wife the other day that I guarantee that apartment is Section 8,they have free health insurance and the kids college money is taken care of by the people of the commonwealth..

Old
04-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:

Golly, how could they have become bombers? Just cant put my finger on it. WTF is wrong w/ CNN? "Awww she's grieving, she can't be held responsible for what she's saying, poor woman...." Whaaaat????

The best coverage I encountered was here. I don't know what it was like on ******. I had MSNBC on in the background, and it was really amusing to see them cover something an hour or so after it happened, or better yet, after it was known to be incorrect. It sounds like several news agencies opened themselves up to the possibility of lawsuits.

Pretty sad a group of people on a hockey board with online scanner feeds demolished the pro news.

04-24-2013, 02:41 AM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The best coverage I encountered was here. I don't know what it was like on ******. I had MSNBC on in the background, and it was really amusing to see them cover something an hour or so after it happened, or better yet, after it was known to be incorrect. It sounds like several news agencies opened themselves up to the possibility of lawsuits.

Pretty sad a group of people on a hockey board with online scanner feeds demolished the pro news.
the one thing that sticks out in my mind that makes me wonder about all of the quality of news reporting was the "over 9000 cops" thing that was tweeted and then CNN picked it up as a legit number and kept reporting it as fact...... seemed to me that that whole tweet was just a joke on the meme, and yet within a short period after reading that tweet as it was happening, all of the sudden CNN was reporting that number... makes one question a lot of reporting that goes on nowadays

Old
04-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Zine

I'm in agreement with this.

Extremism gave these guys the justifcation, but it wasn't the driving force behind the bombings.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Hey gang. This is worth your watch....

The father of the murdered MIT officer Sean Collier asked that this be played on a radio station in honor of his son.

We are not heroes, but alas one compassionate humanity...

please look and listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHeK0...ature=youtu.be

xxo

Last edited by TP: 04-24-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: tried to fix vid
Old
04-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

So, why are we believing this ****stain that they were working alone?

Old
04-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Finding out that the older brother, his wife and the parents were living on out dime really pisses me off. The thought that they then used this money to carry out the heinous acts takes the anger to an entirely different level.

Today is going to be emotional. The street is open and it will be empowering to walk it again. The one thing I'm not ready to see is the memorial all along Copley Square. I walk through the Square daily and seeing it is a reminder that this isn't a bad nightmare.

I'm hanging in there and so is my company. I appreciate all of the kind words and messages. It is amazing to see how different we are all coping with what happened and that there is a support system we can turn to when we need it

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-24-2013, 09:13 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold4877 View Post
I just don't know what started this whole culture. 9/11? It's amazing. We went from "think critically and ask questions" to "EVERYONE IS LYING."
I blame Oliver Stone

Old
04-24-2013, 09:37 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
I read on the interwebz that the speeds could be even faster except that the Illuminati are using up all the bandwidth playing Words with Friends with the Masons.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it

Old
04-24-2013, 09:39 AM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I am 100% confidant that no law enforcement organization isn't fully investigating this anyway, regardless of what he says.

And no matter how many double-negatives I use.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Therick67

Quote:
the cash had to come from somewhere..

Old
04-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
I am 100% confidant that no law enforcement organization isn't fully investigating this anyway, regardless of what he says.

And no matter how many double-negatives I use.
Oh absolutely, I know they are. It just seems a little....off....that the media is reporting they acted alone, and with such certainty.

Although I guess if I've learned nothing else through this whole fiasco, it's not real until posted on HF Boards so should probably just take that reporting with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Yup. I don't buy it was just public assistance, but either way it's going to be fascinating to see how public assitance is impacted.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:58 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
How much cash are we talking about here?

3 crock pots, nails, bbs, and some fireworks apparently

Old
04-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post

A Camaro, Mercedes, and paying for Umass Dartmouth isn't cheap.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Patrice37

Send a message via AIM to Patrice37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post

Plus his 6 month trip back home, unless his parents paid for it...

Old
04-24-2013, 10:08 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
Well this just pushed my blood pressure right through the roof again.

These vermin came to our country, got generous benefits & assistance to help them adjust to a new life and they use that to commit terrorism????????

Well **** them and anyone else who tries to do this. Just go **** yourselves.

I am beyond furious about this. The infamy of it. These ******** used our generosity against us. I know, I don't live in Massachusetts but that is beside the point. They could have done this anywhere in the United States.

Congress had better address this issue while working on immigration reform. And the states had better start addressing it as well.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:14 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
A Camaro, Mercedes, and paying for Umass Dartmouth isn't cheap.
Though it should be.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:16 AM
bp13

Can anyone tell me why I should care if this kid was "brainwashed"? Am I supposed to feel badly for him?

This kid is a cockroach and I don't care one bit how he got to be one.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Well this just pushed my blood pressure right through the roof again.

These vermin came to our country, got generous benefits & assistance to help them adjust to a new life and they use that to commit terrorism????????

Well **** them and anyone else who tries to do this. Just go **** yourselves.

I am beyond furious about this. The infamy of it. These ******** used our generosity against us. I know, I don't live in Massachusetts but that is beside the point. They could have done this anywhere in the United States.

Congress had better address this issue while working on immigration reform. And the states had better start addressing it as well.
They won't.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Alicat
Charge!

I want to know how much their student loans were for and how many they each had, including the wife's. I also want to know how many other loans and credit cards they had.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Alicat
Charge!

It felt so empowering to walk through Copley Square this morning. It was surreal and I can't describe my exact feelings because they were all meshed together.

I felt like Rockey going up the front stairs to my building. It felt like I was home.

This sign says it all

Old
04-24-2013, 10:28 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:

Golly, how could they have become bombers?
Just cant put my finger on it. WTF is wrong w/ CNN? "Awww she's grieving, she can't be held responsible for what she's saying, poor woman...." Whaaaat????

It's a "religion of peace".

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Aw, what the hell, let's make another thread about how much Gagne sucks.
Old
04-24-2013, 10:48 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
They won't.
I'm afraid you're right.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:49 AM
BMC