Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:14 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
I personally can't get past 5'8 170. Now if he comes to the combine and measures 5'11 or so, then he gets interesting

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:58 AM
bobber

If the Bruin take anyone of Domi , Zadorov or Bowie Horvat off the Knights they will get a top end prospect. Domi isn't that big height wise but is like a tank on skates. Skill wise he has it all and will go anywhere to score goals. He is like a Jack Russell Terrier. Tie's son only difference he has hockey sense. Watched him in a midget tournament a couple of years back. Best forward in the tournament. Arguably one of the best in the OHL as we speak. Horvat was 200 pound coming in from midget. A real thick player with top end skill that fits the mold of a Bruin. Zadorov is a big skilled 6'5" D man with a bit of a mean streak when it comes to hitting. Knocks the wind out of opponents and puts some out of games. Can score from the back end also.

bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Close19

Value of Drafting Jordan Subban

I know he probably won't be as good as his brothers and is getting a bit over-hyped but would it be a bad idea considering we already have Malcolm. Maybe in a few years once PK matures you could entice him to play with his brothers.

Close19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Bojakees*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Close19 View Post
I know he probably won't be as good as his brothers and is getting a bit over-hyped but would it be a bad idea considering we already have Malcolm. Maybe in a few years once PK matures you could entice him to play with his brothers.
Cannot draft kids according to sentimental value. I think he is projected a second rounder in a deep draft. He gets rated and taken like everyone else. If he is good value at where we pick...Then sure, why not. Can never have too many young dmen with upside.

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
PK is not leaving Montreal, he loves it and wants to be a Habs

Jordan would probably have to be picked with our 1st, id pass

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:56 PM
westernhome

Quote:
omg

pk subban is so unbruin it's not even funny

the only worry I have now is that his brother might have some of the same attitude

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Bojakees*

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
omg

the only worry I have now is that his brother might have some of the same attitude
Well, I bet two weeks ago everyone would have said JAGR was so "unBruin" its not even funny...I gotta believe talent and need would make anyone a Bruin if the price and value were right. The way he is playing now any team would I am sure take PK.

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
omg

you have probly never even seen Malcom to make that asinine statement, really what make you say that, Malcom is a very very humble person, hard working and a great kid but he is Pk's Brother You know nothing about the kid but will make a remark about his attitude.

If you going to come in and post negate stuff about Malcom why don't you read an article or watch his draft video before you start whatever you are trying to accomplish, What makes you see somthing bad about PK then go well I ought to post somthing bad about someone I have never even heard of other than seeing his name on the Prospects scroll.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojakees View Post
Cannot draft kids according to sentimental value. I think he is projected a second rounder in a deep draft. He gets rated and taken like everyone else. If he is good value at where we pick...Then sure, why not. Can never have too many young dmen with upside.
I wouldn't put it past the Bruins. Daniel Ryder? Chris Bourque?

This team would move him up a couple spots on the draft if it meant developing a puck-moving defenseman who would be playing in front of his older brother in 4-5 years.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:05 PM
RG617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
you have probly never even seen Malcom to make that asinine statement, really what make you say that, Malcom is a very very humble person, hard working and a great kid but he is Pk's Brother You know nothing about the kid but will make a remark about his attitude.

If you going to come in and post negate stuff about Malcom why don't you read an article or watch his draft video before you start whatever you are trying to accomplish, What makes you see somthing bad about PK then go well I ought to post somthing bad about someone I have never even heard of other than seeing his name on the Prospects scroll.
Pretty sure he means Jordan, who is also a dman.

RG617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:05 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
I wouldn't put it past the Bruins. Daniel Ryder? Chris Bourque?

This team would move him up a couple spots on the draft if it meant developing a puck-moving defenseman who would be playing in front of his older brother in 4-5 years.
Players they didn't draft, rather picked up late in their career as AHL talents, Huge difference

Bruins won't pick Jordan for sentimental reasons. I would be surprised if they went for him in the first round, in the unlikely situation where the Bruins have a first round pick.

If he drops to the end of the second round he would be an interesting player, even with his diminutive stature

Old
04-13-2013, 09:17 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Whoops...wrong thread.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:03 PM
bobber

Jordan Subban is a smaller version of PK as far as hockey style goes. I watched him in midget and he was always in the offensive end even standing in front waiting for passes. Smart player in junior but small.

bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Shaun

Final CS rankings are out

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9483

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Shaun

NetsDaily.com ‏@NetsDaily 13m
NY Post Page Six reports that Jay-Z is interested in representing Seth Jones, son of #Nets Popeye Jones who's likely #1 pick in NHL draft.

First Cano and possibly Jones. Mr. Carter is getting some nice clientele.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:14 PM
QC
Visionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
NetsDaily.com ‏@NetsDaily 13m
NY Post Page Six reports that Jay-Z is interested in representing Seth Jones, son of #Nets Popeye Jones who's likely #1 pick in NHL draft.

First Cano and possibly Jones. Mr. Carter is getting some nice clientele.
Shaun I heard about Jay-Z's newest endeavor. Do you know if he himself is doing the representation or is he just heading the sports agency?

QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:49 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

When I think hockey the first name that comes to mind is Jay-Z

Wonder if he would try to make sure his client doesn't end up someplace like Calgary. Would potentially limit his off ice earning power, and Jay-Z is certainly not getting into this for the commission on an NHL entry level contract

Old
04-24-2013, 03:46 PM
flannelman
goodbye.

I'd really enjoy seeing the Bruins trade up in the first round (if they still have the pick, of course). It's been a few weeks since I've watched any junior hockey but still like Drouin a lot.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:21 AM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
I'd really enjoy seeing the Bruins trade up in the first round (if they still have the pick, of course). It's been a few weeks since I've watched any junior hockey but still like Drouin a lot.
If Horton can't be locked up before free agency, trading his rights and our first for a higher first would be a good option IMO. Not sure if that gets us a top 5 pick, but possibly?

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
Shaun I heard about Jay-Z's newest endeavor. Do you know if he himself is doing the representation or is he just heading the sports agency?
Not really sure how it's going to work.

Speaking of trading up I would love to trade up for the left handed Phil Kessel

Old
04-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Bruins1726

It would be great to trade up for Drouin, or Jones but that won't happen.

Bruins1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
If Horton can't be locked up before free agency, trading his rights and our first for a higher first would be a good option IMO. Not sure if that gets us a top 5 pick, but possibly?
the bruins will not have hortons rights if they cannot lock him up. he is due to be an unrestricted free agent this summer. And can't us bruins fans think positively? what first round pick? we won't have a first round pick come draft time right guys?

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:04 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
the bruins will not have hortons rights if they cannot lock him up. he is due to be an unrestricted free agent this summer. And can't us bruins fans think positively? what first round pick? we won't have a first round pick come draft time right guys?
I'm with you on the thinking positive part, but they could trade Horton's negotiating rights. Value wise, they would get next to nothing, but they could trade him.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:37 AM
svat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
this can't be a serious post. rights to UFA's usually go for what? 6-7th round picks? 4-5th at best? You are saying that the difference between 22-30 and POSSIBLY TOP 5 is a 4th round pick at best?

svat is offline   Reply With Quote