HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL) - Part II

View Poll Results: Does the MHL need a NEW thread for the 2013/2014 season?
Yes, it would be more convinient 1 25.00%
No, lets keep everything in one place 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-03-2013, 08:31 AM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
if Dynamo (Moscow) needed a second MHL team, St. Petersburg doesn't look like a best place, really. Unless they want the right of the "first night" with Forvard's prospects?
I see what you mean, but wouldn't Dynamo have to actually draft Forvard kids anyway, to officially get them in their system. Or am I missing something?

ozo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:57 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
I see what you mean, but wouldn't Dynamo have to actually draft Forvard kids anyway, to officially get them in their system. Or am I missing something?
who knows what the future of the draft is. May be they can scheme the system and protect them too?

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:29 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

attendance 9 680 at 1st semifinal match in Omsk among Omskie Yastreby and MVD

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:16 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
attendance 9 680 at 1st semifinal match in Omsk among Omskie Yastreby and MVD
they sure like hockey in Omsk

Old
04-07-2013, 12:48 PM
ozo

Quote:
they sure like hockey in Omsk
Not sure how credible is this rumour, but after making GC cup finals Omsk saw crazy influx of kids wanting to join their youngest youth team, the number I heard was 400 kids on one actual spot. Good chances on finding talant there, no?

Old
04-07-2013, 10:22 PM
metmag

Quote:
Not sure how credible is this rumour, but after making GC cup finals Omsk saw crazy influx of kids wanting to join their youngest youth team, the number I heard was 400 kids on one actual spot. Good chances on finding talant there, no?
They should open more schools

metmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Hopefully, increased exposure to good hockey will lead to similar increases in interest in many cities and many schools. I think that currently, just the tip of the iceberg is being reached. Some schools like Traktor are obviously making the most of it by developing a lot of top players seemingly ever year. Other schools could do a lot better if they were motivated to do so!

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:58 AM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
They should open more schools
Omsk have multiple of schools, but yeah obviously, more prestige to Avangard's one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Hopefully, increased exposure to good hockey will lead to similar increases in interest in many cities and many schools. I think that currently, just the tip of the iceberg is being reached. Some schools like Traktor are obviously making the most of it by developing a lot of top players seemingly ever year. Other schools could do a lot better if they were motivated to do so!
Most likely, but still I think success of this generation will depend on whether not they'll get proper coaching and I don't think Avangard ha any problems in this regard. A lot of hockey intelligence assembled in their youth setup.

Anyway, I kinda hope Dynamo's current success will somewhat raise hockey's profile in kids eyes in Moscow as well. Too much potential not getting tapped here.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:08 PM
cska78

Quote:
Omsk have multiple of schools, but yeah obviously, more prestige to Avangard's one.

Most likely, but still I think success of this generation will depend on whether not they'll get proper coaching and I don't think Avangard ha any problems in this regard. A lot of hockey intelligence assembled in their youth setup.

Anyway, I kinda hope Dynamo's current success will somewhat raise hockey's profile in kids eyes in Moscow as well. Too much potential not getting tapped here.
hockey schools in moscow are plenty and jam-packed. On the adult level - Moscow is a soccer city.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
I think all big hockey cities have a lot of schools, would be stupid to imagine that Omsk has one hockey school for the whole 1.1 million people... Though I believe that less informed Canadian might think that it's all about brave 20 young Avangard players who train in a 40 year old arena every day and out of those 20 guys they produce 5 hockey stars

In reality if we talk about those big hockey schools mostly it's not about the fact that they are so good at developing talent, but about the fact that they are the best at ''stealing'' all the prospects from the cities' smaller kid teams gradually... Of course they're still damn good and with great coaches and funding but really it's all about scouting.

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:00 AM
cska78

Batyr - Yunior first game of the MHL-B finals is live on youtube right now

Old
04-10-2013, 08:05 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Batyr - Yunior first game of the MHL-B finals is live on youtube right now
and final game of slovak jr league was played in training rink of Slovan (because there is other size rink than Slovnaft arena where Slovan jr played 1st/2nd game of final serie, but whole season played in training rink) And yes, no people from hockey federation to give medals to kids Amateurish...

What I want to say? That MHL is going right direction. Broadcasting games in YT is good start.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:24 AM
cska78

Quote:
and final game of slovak jr league was played in training rink of Slovan (because there is other size rink than Slovnaft arena where Slovan jr played 1st/2nd game of final serie, but whole season played in training rink) And yes, no people from hockey federation to give medals to kids Amateurish...

What I want to say? That MHL is going right direction. Broadcasting games in YT is good start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F72MCNhe2ss

Old
04-10-2013, 07:00 PM
metmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
I think all big hockey cities have a lot of schools, would be stupid to imagine that Omsk has one hockey school for the whole 1.1 million people... Though I believe that less informed Canadian might think that it's all about brave 20 young Avangard players who train in a 40 year old arena every day and out of those 20 guys they produce 5 hockey stars

In reality if we talk about those big hockey schools mostly it's not about the fact that they are so good at developing talent, but about the fact that they are the best at ''stealing'' all the prospects from the cities' smaller kid teams gradually... Of course they're still damn good and with great coaches and funding but really it's all about scouting.
Yeah, thats exactly what I was thinking

Im pretty shocked that a person can actually fathom the idea that people could think that a top KHL club is being sustained by an influx of 30 kids a year. That kinda shows more how uninformed/ignorant you are, unless that was some lame joke. Canadians are alot more informed than you might believe. And not just about the NHL, but world hockey and the KHL also.

And although you are right about the big teams having really good scouts and are good at poaching, I believe that is just part(not main reason) on why their development is so good. If you look at rosters of Metallurg and Traktor for example, a substantial amount of players were born in Magnitogorsk and Chelyabinsk respectively and raised by their schools. Sure guys like Golubev were 'stolen' and Kuznetsov poached in his time by Avangard , but in general, there is a solid amount of prospects that were born and raised.

metmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:11 PM
ozo

Spartak squeezed past Yugra. Good to see a team with actual school behind it make the finals. Also good becasue I love Spartak.

Last edited by ozo: 04-14-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old
04-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:

I agree. Moscow city and regional prospects, which used to predominate, have now greatly fallen off. Of course, its good that schools outside of the Moscow region are now producing the majority of prospects, but there are no doubt many talented athletes who are not being identified and developed in Moscow.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:13 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
I agree. Moscow city and regional prospects, which used to predominate, have now greatly fallen off. Of course, its good that schools outside of the Moscow region are now producing the majority of prospects, but there are no doubt many talented athletes who are not being identified and developed in Moscow.
The more Moscow schools will develop local talant, the less need they feel for tapping up kids from Angarsk's of his world and that will subsequently lead to better hockey being played in regions.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:
The more Moscow schools will develop local talant, the less need they feel for tapping up kids from Angarsk's of his world and that will subsequently lead to better hockey being played in regions.
Excellent point!

Old
04-16-2013, 11:38 AM
cska78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Gze...layer_embedded

this should be on the next MHL promo-video. I have all the words of respect, even though - I hate their adult team.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:45 AM
cska78

the game one is live right now, for the KH. Spartaks rookie 16 year old goalie n.4 in the depth chart, while never playing a game in the MHL before is looking pretty good.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:36 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
the game one is live right now, for the KH. Spartaks rookie 16 year old goalie n.4 in the depth chart, while never playing a game in the MHL before is looking pretty good.
and 9970 fans in arena, new record

Old
04-19-2013, 09:42 AM
cska78

Quote:
and 9970 fans in arena, new record
Omsk

Old
04-20-2013, 10:46 AM
cska78

omsk takes game 2: 6:2...spartak having to play their 4th string goalie is in trouble. I still think that players who's teams are in their corresponding tournaments should stay on their teams.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:54 AM
cska78

spartak won't just give up, up 3:1 in game 3

Old
04-24-2013, 10:26 AM
cska78