Explosions at Marathon Part 14

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 10:49 AM
TCL40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
A Camaro, Mercedes, and paying for Umass Dartmouth isn't cheap.
This is what I want to know. My family lives pretty close to paycheck to paycheck and there is no Mercedes in our future. Shoot both of our cars are ten or more years old.

The ingredients to make the bombs aren't that expensive but the other things don't seem to equate with living off the taxpayers dime without some outside support (and that support may have been family or something else).

Also, pretty sad that the government had some warning but they were still able to pull this off. Makes me wonder how easy it would be for somebody who wasn't on the radar.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
A Camaro, Mercedes, and paying for Umass Dartmouth isn't cheap.
They also had guns and amo..

Old
04-24-2013, 11:14 AM
MioneRask134

It really makes you think who else is living off our dime, and the govt and whether or not they're just as crazy as these people.

His wife is probably just as brainwashed. Normal girl. Christian. Meets him within a short period of time converts, moves away into his creepy house and has no idea he's planning this? Yeah right. Get me Uncle Ruslan. There's a reason why him and his family stayed away from them all.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:29 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
It really makes you think who else is living off our dime, and the govt and whether or not they're just as crazy as these people.

His wife is probably just as brainwashed. Normal girl. Christian. Meets him within a short period of time converts, moves away into his creepy house and has no idea he's planning this? Yeah right. Get me Uncle Ruslan. There's a reason why him and his family stayed away from them all.
If his wife didn't know it was because she didn't want to know.

I can't imagine the shame her family must be feeling right now. Their son-in-law & father of their grandchild murdered 3 people and injured hundreds of others by planning and carrying out a terrorist attack. They & the uncle are the only people connected to this ********* that I have any sympathy for.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:35 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post

I can't imagine the shame her family must be feeling right now. Their son-in-law & father of their grandchild murdered 3 people and injured hundreds of others by planning and carrying out a terrorist attack. They & the uncle are the only people connected to this ********* that I have any sympathy for.
His wife may not have been aware of the plans to bomb the marathon specifically but I can't imagine my husband building bombs in my house and me not knowing about it. I also can't see her missing the obssession with jihadism and his more radical brand of Islam.

What wife with half a clue misses that?

Old
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
I blame Oliver Stone
What he do?

Old
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
MioneRask134

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post

I find it hard to believe that her family didn't know what he was doing. He was gone for 6 months. Having outbursts everywhere. At the arab market selling turkeys for thanksgiving and him thinking that disgraceful, the mosque, etc. Just think they knew, and chose not to do anything about it.

I only feel bad for the Uncle and that poor child. Especially that child. Hopefully they haven't brainwashed it in hate yet. Poor kids being brought up in hateful situations.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:37 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
What he do?
Made conspiracy theories main stream.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:40 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
His wife may not have been aware of the plans to bomb the marathon specifically but I can't imagine my husband building bombs in my house and me not knowing about it. I also can't see her missing the obssession with jihadism and his more radical brand of Islam.

Exactly.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
Made conspiracy theories main stream.
Looked him up on WIKI all I saw was he made comments about some people and was going to make some conspiracy series. I was always into conspiracy theories never realized he made it "cool" tho

His son is also a looney tune. He was one of the "investigators" on the last season of Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory which could be part of the reason the show went so downhill.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:49 AM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:

I here ya!

Old
04-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Shaun
All Aboard

we need to get Jesse Ventura on the case. he'll find out where they got the money.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:57 AM
TCL40

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that her family didn't know what he was doing. He was gone for 6 months. Having outbursts everywhere. At the arab market selling turkeys for thanksgiving and him thinking that disgraceful, the mosque, etc. Just think they knew, and chose not to do anything about it.

I only feel bad for the Uncle and that poor child. Especially that child. Hopefully they haven't brainwashed it in hate yet. Poor kids being brought up in hateful situations.
My gut says the wife away from the radicalized husband reverts back to Christianity or at least abandon Islam. I confess if my husband murdered 4 innocent people and injured scores more I would probably ly reject his beliefs and hide out in embarrassment for a while.

I still don't understand how you miss the bomb building.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

http://concerts.livenation.com/event...0F3?dma_id=235

A Benefit Featuring Dropkick Murphys & State Radio
House of Blues Boston, Boston, MA
Sun, Apr 28, 2013 12:30 PM
Details: Dropkick Murphys, State Radio, Big D and the Kids Table, Parkington Sisters

Old
04-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

There are HELLA Boston bands that could do one big ass show out there to raise money for the victims.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Langdon Alger*

Quote:

You can never be too sure. Consider the case of Joseph Fritzl as proof of that - he imprisoned his own daughter for 24 years in a dungeon he built under his house and fathered three kids with her without his wife, who lived with him in the house, being any the wiser.

Let's not convict the entire Tsarnaev family for the actions of the two brothers.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Can't lie those 2 Blackwater looking guys in a couple of the pictures look suspicious. I wonder if they were brought in as private security?

Old
04-24-2013, 12:47 PM
MioneRask134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon Alger View Post
You can never be too sure. Consider the case of Joseph Fritzl as proof of that - he imprisoned his own daughter for 24 years in a dungeon he built under his house and fathered three kids with her without his wife, who lived with him in the house, being any the wiser.

Let's not convict the entire Tsarnaev family for the actions of the two brothers.
I don't believe that wife either. Sorry.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Neely08

In a unanimous vote the MIT alumni association voted to make Officer Sean Collier MIT alumni.

Nice touch.

Nice touch by the State Police. Those pallbearers, thankfully, have probably never been part of a full honors police funeral like that. He apparently assumed command of the detail out of need, and experience. Touching, b/c sometimes State Police are at odds w/ local departments.

Not this week.

Rest in peace, Officer Sean Collier. Heartfelt thanks and undying gratitude for your service.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:14 PM
TCL40

Quote:
I don't believe that wife either. Sorry.
Me either.

The guy had to learn bomb making somewhere. Like I said I can believe she was unaware of the actual plot but I can't see missing the bomb building and radical religious belief especially given that others report him going off on people in his mosque.

Looking like the younger brother sold pot for spending money.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:16 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post

Details: Dropkick Murphys, State Radio, Big D and the Kids Table, Parkington Sisters
I figured they would organize a benefit. Whether you like them or hate them DKM do what they can for Boston when there is a need.

Old
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:

Dunno. Never had one.

Old
Turk 16

Hero USMC veterans-amputees have been visiting bombing victims to give them inspiration and hope.

http://www.usaukonline.com/latest-ne...o-victims.html

Old
04-24-2013, 02:21 PM
qc
#FireChiarelli

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post

Wow Big D is still around? I remember them from my younger psuedo-rebellious days of the late 90s. Used to watch them play in front of like 35 people, sometimes there were more members on stage than fans in the crowd! And the bass player made lots of strange faces.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Turk 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
In a unanimous vote the MIT alumni association voted to make Officer Sean Collier MIT alumni.

Nice touch.

Nice touch by the State Police. Those pallbearers, thankfully, have probably never been part of a full honors police funeral like that. He apparently assumed command of the detail out of need, and experience. Touching, b/c sometimes State Police are at odds w/ local departments.
Not this week.

Rest in peace, Officer Sean Collier. Heartfelt thanks and undying gratitude for your service.
Have MSP in my family. Troopers generally have good relationships with local departments, with 1-2 exceptions for each barracks... generally. It usually comes down to personalities. If a local chief doesn't want MSP in "his" town, for whatever reason, that resentment can trickle down to the guys on the road. But for the most part, cops are cops, it's a brotherhood.

MSP also has an excellent relationship with BPD.

With the feds, principally the FBI, historically not so much. Maybe this invest has helped change all that.

Closed Thread