HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors & Proposals Thread Vol. 15 | Oilers Pick 7th OV

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 10:29 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Just throwing it out there, since in Lowe we tended to spend more of our cap on the back end ...

Hemsky
Gagner
ANA 2nd (2013)
for
Ott
Myers

N. Schultz
EDM 2nd 2014 (becomes a 1st if Oilers make playoffs)
for
Jay Bouweemester

Oilers sign UFA Nik Antropov (depth center/winger), Oilers draft (C) Elias Lindholm (2013 1st). Oilers sign UFA Bryan Bickell

Hall RNH Eberle
Paajarvi Ott Yakupov
Bickell Horcoff Antropov
Smyth Smithson Brown

Smid Myers
Bouw J. Schultz
Petry Fistric

Antropov is kind of a throw away signing, but he could play 2C in a pinch with Yakupov + MPS if RNH isn't good to go for game 1.
I would be very very very very happy with that D. I think both those trades are unlikely to happen though. Unless Regier decides he needs to dump Myers for cap reasons that is. Maybe JayBo for that package is possible since StLou is gonna be in cap trouble this offseason, but would he waive his NTC to come here?

Old
04-23-2013, 11:17 PM
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
I would be very very very very happy with that D. I think both those trades are unlikely to happen though. Unless Regier decides he needs to dump Myers for cap reasons that is. Maybe JayBo for that package is possible since StLou is gonna be in cap trouble this offseason, but would he waive his NTC to come here?
I thought I heard somewhere that JayBo lives in Edmonton during the off season. So its possible. But I love the look of that d-core especially if Myers bounced back. Have no idea why a rebuilding team would move a 22-23 year old defense man though even though he has a high cap hit.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Ranford#30

What about building a proposal around Eberle + 2013 1st (top 5) for Kulikov + 2013 1st (top 2).

I'm an Eberle fan, but he and Gagner represent similar skills sets and size and we are in greater need of center depth than wing depth. This, imo, would be a bold move that MacT talked about in his presser. There may need to be added parts, but both teams can exchange prospects to address organizational needs.

Kulikov steps into our top pairing and we draft either Jones or MacKinnon to address our D or C depth.

Florida gets a young proven top line winger along with an excellent prospect.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Mr Sakich

with the cap going down, St Louis is the obvious target. They have some rfa and are not a cap limit team. Jaybo would be a great addition to our defence.

MPS for Jaybo

Tampa is in trouble as well. Ohlund probably retires but that leaves them close to the cap with only 4 dmen signed

Harski or lander + 2nd tier prospect for Purcell

Old
04-24-2013, 09:11 AM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
Harski or lander + 2nd tier prospect for Purcell
Yeah.... about that... if we think Hemsky has any value what so ever then Purcell is worth double what we think that is... he is a bona fide scoring winger with a good long term deal

Try a 1st (not ours but a 1st) and Hartski... at least...

Old
04-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Obiwan Eberle

If the Blues are on the radar, Berglund and Stewart need to be the targets.

JayBo as a puck transporter is an option, but secondary to our other needs...FWDs with size

Old
04-24-2013, 09:12 AM
clayton magnet
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 70
does anybody care about Eberles close relationship to our future captain and how that might taint Halls opinion of the Oilers if they trade him? Or do we all forget how clutch Eberle is in the biggest games? How he grew up cheering for the Oilers? Edmonton fans are so fickle for trying to trade him because he had a slightly off year (likely due to playing with injuries).

Oh Yakupov is playing well lately???? He is going to be the best oiler evar!!!!!! Eberle sucks so trade him!!!! Makes me sick.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:18 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwan Eberle View Post
If the Blues are on the radar, Berglund and Stewart need to be the targets.

JayBo as a puck transporter is an option, but secondary to our other needs...FWDs with size
Stewart just simply isn't available from the blues. He's leading their team in scoring by a considerable margin. Also I don't see why the blues would move JayBouw when they just have up a first rounder to get him.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:21 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton magnet View Post
does anybody care about Eberles close relationship to our future captain and how that might taint Halls opinion of the Oilers if they trade him? Or do we all forget how clutch Eberle is in the biggest games? How he grew up cheering for the Oilers? Edmonton fans are so fickle for trying to trade him because he had a slightly off year (likely due to playing with injuries).

Oh Yakupov is playing well lately???? He is going to be the best oiler evar!!!!!! Eberle sucks so trade him!!!! Makes me sick.
It's not like fan want to trade him away for scraps. We need defensive help and size up front. People are bringing up Yakupov because he can mitigate some of what we would lose by trading Eberle. It's not like we can move RNH (lack of centres) or Hall (size up front). Also these guys are professionals. If we move a guy in a move that makes this team better then you do it.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:32 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:

Semin and Ovi are close and I don't see Ovi asking to be traded out of WSH.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:47 AM
dyzfunctioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
If Mac-T insists on a a bold move to bring a new player in, I think the first thing he should do is bring in a #1 defenseman.

That being said, it's a tough move to make, but the following legitimate top-4 defensemen would suffice IMO:

Zbynek Michalek - solid RHD who plays a Smid-like shutdown game, with better ability to move the puck. Would be great for any top4 role
Proposed trade: Hemsky+ for Michalek

Toni Lydman - underrated LHD who has been solid for 10+ years now. Great compliment to young developing offensive defensemen, and could be ideal partner for Justin Schultz.
Proposed move: Sign to 3yr, $3.25M deal

Andrej Sekera - solid LHD playing 2nd pairing role in BUF behind Ehrhoff. Played really tough minutes with Regehr earlier in the season and looked like the better of the 2 defensemen. Again - a guy suited to 2nd pairing role. Has never spent extended amount of time in top-pairing role.
Proposed move: Hemsky+ for Sekera

Jonathan Ericsson - he's really come into his own since Lidstrom's retirement, and is a big reason why that inexperienced blue line in Detroit hasn't fallen apart. Arguably more reliable than Kronwall at even strength, and has been playing on the top pairing at LHD.
Proposed trade: Hemsky+ for Ericsson

Kevin Klein - one of those under-the-radar guys in Nashville that's been playing in the shadows of Hamhuis/Weber/Suter/Josi in past years - Klein has shown an ability to win matchups in a 2nd pairing role. He possesses some decent offensive ability as well
Proposed trade: Hemsky for Klein+

Matt Niskanen - has been a versatile defenseman throughout his career, and as a LHD would look good alongside Justin Schultz as the kid hones his game. I doubt PIT makes him available, and they'd probably opt to move the overrated Orpik instead.
Proposed trade: MPS for Niskanen
These are really our only ones that seem possible out of that list. Though I don't know why people keep throwing out proposals involving Gagner - he's pretty much untouchable considering RNH may not even be in the fold at the start of next season.

Would love to see Sekera though - super underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Looking back at some old trades. I can't believe that Tallon traded Andrew Ladd for Ivan Vishnevsky and a 2nd round pick.
What a steal.
Chicago had just won the cup and had a ton of pending free agents... they were bound to have to ship out some talent for cheap and they parted with whoever seemed most expendable at the time. Not like a lot of teams were lining up to give the cup champions cap relief.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:19 AM
BowDangles

I would love for Edmonton to bring in Jay-Bo and Myers. Highly doubt we get any of them but I would be ecstatic.

Tyler Myers is the perfect "bold and risky" move. He is a young Dman with a long term contract he is not currently achieving but has TONS of potential and logs huge minutes every night.

Would you guys be okay moving this year's 1st for him straight up?

Accelerate the rebuild.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:20 AM
rockinghockey

Hall and Eberle are friends yes, but this is a business. If a GM makes a move and improves the team a player can't be seen as whining because it was his friend. It doesn't work that way in professional sports. Players get traded all the time and they were really good friends.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:21 AM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I would love for Edmonton to bring in Jay-Bo and Myers. Highly doubt we get any of them but I would be ecstatic.

Tyler Myers is the perfect "bold and risky" move. He is a young Dman with a long term contract he is not currently achieving but has TONS of potential and logs huge minutes every night.

Accelerate the rebuild.

Hemsky
Gagner
ANA 2nd (2013)
for
Ott
Myers

I highly doubt this gets the deal done. Maybe if you take out Ott
BUF doesn't need any more small centremen like Gagner they have two already.

No I wouldn't trade our 1st over all for Myers, it is too big of a risk. If we don't have a chance to get one of the big centremen then I let my scouts figure it out if he can bounce back or not.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranford#30 View Post
What about building a proposal around Eberle + 2013 1st (top 5) for Kulikov + 2013 1st (top 2).

I'm an Eberle fan, but he and Gagner represent similar skills sets and size and we are in greater need of center depth than wing depth. This, imo, would be a bold move that MacT talked about in his presser. There may need to be added parts, but both teams can exchange prospects to address organizational needs.

Kulikov steps into our top pairing and we draft either Jones or MacKinnon to address our D or C depth.

Florida gets a young proven top line winger along with an excellent prospect.
Hmmmm, i like it, not sure if FLA would. I think they prefer to stick with Kulikov and Mackinnon over Eberle and Monohan.

They need a franchise C over anything else.

Quote:

1) Might we taint halls opinion if we never improve the team.
2) clutch...uhhu...k
3) terrible, terrible logic to use when trying to build a team. you dont make decisions based off sentimental feelings, thats how we got stuck with the OBC.

Nobody is saying Yakupov is going to be the best oiler ever, and nothing is guaranteeing that he will be better than eberle, but its not outrageous (perhaps likely), another factor is that Eberle would seem to have the more value around the league and would be an exceptional piece to use to upgrade our backend.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:29 AM
rockinghockey

What do you guys feel about this team? Of course it has a lot to do with UFA signings and trades but it is some what plausable:
Hall; RNH; Jagr- Jagr adds the big body and vetern leadership to the first line Jagr for 4.5mil.
Iggy; Barkov/Monahan; Yak- Iggy brings the toughness and vetern leadership to the 2nd line. Barkov and Monahan are both big and are both suppose to be good on the faceoff and really good on the two way game.
PRV; Ott; Harti- Ott is the vetern leader on the 3rd line and can teach these two young players what it will take to win.
Smyth; Lander; Brown/Petrell- Doesn't matter what anyone thinks Smyth is here for one more year so accept it. Lander has held his own in the faceoff and two way game.
McDonagh;J.Schultz
JJ; Petry
Smid; Potter/Fistric
The top four is actually a top 4 and all four of them are good at moving the puck out of the size with size and mobility.
Duby; Khabi

This would all fit under the cap.
Jagr 4.5mil; Iggy 5.5mil;
McDonnagh for Eberle and Musil
JJ for Gagner plus another prospect
Ott for 2014 1st and prospect

Old
04-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Koto

Quote:

Accelerate the rebuild.
I just don't believe in Myers at all. He's been declining every since he joined the league.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Bobblehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
If Mac-T insists on a a bold move to bring a new player in, I think the first thing he should do is bring in a #1 defenseman.

That being said, it's a tough move to make, but the following legitimate top-4 defensemen would suffice IMO:

Zbynek Michalek - solid RHD who plays a Smid-like shutdown game, with better ability to move the puck. Would be great for any top4 role
Proposed trade: Hemsky+ for Michalek

Toni Lydman - underrated LHD who has been solid for 10+ years now. Great compliment to young developing offensive defensemen, and could be ideal partner for Justin Schultz.
Proposed move: Sign to 3yr, $3.25M deal

Luca Sbisa - emerging LHD who has been used in 2nd pairing role alongside Lydman/Allen/Lovejoy this season, never looking out of place. Similar potential to Tallinder, but much younger (2008 draftee)
Proposed move: Gagner for Sbisa+

Johnny Boychuk - going to be tough to get out of Boston, but he's looked good paired with a true #1 defenseman in Chara, and not out of place with Ference on #2 pairing. RHD with a big shot, physical play, and good defense. No real place for our roster though unless one of Petry/Schultz is moved.
Proposed move: Hemsky+ for Boychuk

Andrej Sekera - solid LHD playing 2nd pairing role in BUF behind Ehrhoff. Played really tough minutes with Regehr earlier in the season and looked like the better of the 2 defensemen. Again - a guy suited to 2nd pairing role. Has never spent extended amount of time in top-pairing role.
Proposed move: Hemsky+ for Sekera

Niklas Hjalmarsson - He's playing the toughest minutes amongst Chicago defenseman alongside Oduya and the pair has kept its head out of the water. He's emerging into his own, and would be a perfect partner for Justin Schultz as he develops.
Proposed move: Hjalmarsson for Gagner

Brenden Dillon - big-bodied 23 year old that's been playing impressively alongside Robidas on Dallas' top pairing. He's definitely not looked out of place, and has been great in a defensive role. A LHD, he's another guy we could throw with Justin Schultz heading forward.

Jonathan Ericsson - he's really come into his own since Lidstrom's retirement, and is a big reason why that inexperienced blue line in Detroit hasn't fallen apart. Arguably more reliable than Kronwall at even strength, and has been playing on the top pairing at LHD.
Proposed trade: Hemsky+ for Ericsson

Brian Campbell - he's had a rough year, but numbers don't tell the whole story for him this season. Florida is a terrible team with terrible goaltending, and all of their defensemen have struggled because of this. He's faced the toughest competition on the team and his -20 is still better than 2 other defensemen on his team. A risk, but could be had for a Hemsky-like player. Puck-moving LHD.
Proposed trade: Hemsky for Campbell; Horcoff for Campbell if Tallon is looking for a cheap(er) buy-out

Kevin Klein - one of those under-the-radar guys in Nashville that's been playing in the shadows of Hamhuis/Weber/Suter/Josi in past years - Klein has shown an ability to win matchups in a 2nd pairing role. He possesses some decent offensive ability as well
Proposed trade: Hemsky for Klein+

Travis Hamonic/Andrew MacDonald - I'm dreaming with this, but Hamonic has settled into a top-pairing role alongside Andrew McDonald in NYI this season, and both have somewhat kept their heads up out of water (similar to Smid/Petry). If NYI is hunting for a 2C in the off-season, either of these solid defensemen would probably be available for a Gagner-like package.
Proposed trade: Gagner+ for Hamonic, Gagner for MacDonald

Marc Methot/Eric Gryba - I don't know what OTT would possibly want from EDM, but these guys have been playing top-pairing minutes for the Sens this season and have been doing well. 6'3, 200+ LHD/RHD, they'd be serviceable in a top-4 role.
Proposed trade: Gagner+/Hemsky+ for Methot, Hemsky for Gryba

Matt Niskanen - has been a versatile defenseman throughout his career, and as a LHD would look good alongside Justin Schultz as the kid hones his game. I doubt PIT makes him available, and they'd probably opt to move the overrated Orpik instead.
Proposed trade: MPS for Niskanen

Karl Alzner/John Carlson - both are useful defensemen that woudl require an overpay to pry away from a suddenly resurgent WSH franchise. But if Mike Ribeiro bolts this off-season, they'll be in the market or a 2C, and with Mike Green re-emerging, may be willing to part with one of these 2:
Proposed trade: Gagner++ for John Carlson/Karl Alzner
All good names, I would add Klesla in Phoenix to that. Other possible under rated guys are Emelin and Diaz in MTL, CLitsome in Win, Stralman in NYR, Fayne in NJ

Old
04-24-2013, 10:38 AM
dyzfunctioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
What do you guys feel about this team? Of course it has a lot to do with UFA signings and trades but it is some what plausable:
Hall; RNH; Jagr- Jagr adds the big body and vetern leadership to the first line Jagr for 4.5mil.
Iggy; Barkov/Monahan; Yak- Iggy brings the toughness and vetern leadership to the 2nd line. Barkov and Monahan are both big and are both suppose to be good on the faceoff and really good on the two way game.
PRV; Ott; Harti- Ott is the vetern leader on the 3rd line and can teach these two young players what it will take to win.
Smyth; Lander; Brown/Petrell- Doesn't matter what anyone thinks Smyth is here for one more year so accept it. Lander has held his own in the faceoff and two way game.
McDonagh;J.Schultz
JJ; Petry
Smid; Potter/Fistric
The top four is actually a top 4 and all four of them are good at moving the puck out of the size with size and mobility.
Duby; Khabi

This would all fit under the cap.
Jagr 4.5mil; Iggy 5.5mil;
McDonnagh for Eberle and Musil
JJ for Gagner plus another prospect
Ott for 2014 1st and prospect
Iggy isn't signing here... end of story. If we're relying on a rookie to step in and center our second line we're really screwed. 4th line still a disaster. That's a steep as hell price to pay for Ott considering we'd be looking at another top 10 pick. And what happens to Hemsky and Horcoff? They just dissapear?

Old
04-24-2013, 10:38 AM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
BUF doesn't need any more small centremen like Gagner they have two already.

No I wouldn't trade our 1st over all for Myers, it is too big of a risk. If we don't have a chance to get one of the big centremen then I let my scouts figure it out if he can bounce back or not.
Sorry I meant to say that the Gagner deal proposed earlier does not get the deal done, Than I realized it looked like I was the one proposing it so I took it out.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:41 AM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
I just don't believe in Myers at all. He's been declining every since he joined the league.
From what I have heard from Buffalo media/fans is that his biggest issue is the pressure he puts on himself.
Maybe a fresh start on a team can change that?

Old
04-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Koto

Quote:
From what I have heard from Buffalo media/fans is that his biggest issue is the pressure he puts on himself.
Maybe a fresh start on a team can change that?
what does that even mean?

its just a narrative people put into their storylines.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Hopkins to Hall

If we pick 4th and Drouin is still available do you think Montreal would go for:

Edm 2013 1st (Drouin) for Galchenyuk?

Galchenyuk is definitely on a similar level to this years top C's but has a full year of NHL experience (plus playoffs). I know Montreal fans love him but Drouin is a hell of a player and a local kid (played minor hockey in Lac Saint-Louis) and probably dreamt of playing for the Habs growing up.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopkins to Hall View Post
If we pick 4th and Drouin is still available do you think Montreal would go for:

Edm 2013 1st (Drouin) for Galchenyuk?

Galchenyuk is definitely on a similar level to this years top C's but has a full year of NHL experience (plus playoffs). I know Montreal fans love him but Drouin is a hell of a player and a local kid (played minor hockey in Lac Saint-Louis) and probably dreamt of playing for the Habs growing up.
no. they love gally, and they have the same problem of tons of midgets as we do.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:48 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
what does that even mean?

its just a narrative people put into their storylines.
It means he realizes he is suppose to be better and is having problems being better. It's a mental thing. Something that isn't exactly rare.

Good example right now Steve Mason.

Closed Thread