HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Habtchum*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Would be a bad move to bring up Kristo right now. Obviously, he has to find his game at AHL level first.

No need to rush him and make him loose his confidence.
We waited 4 years for him. We can wait one more.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Still believe that this "let's learn in adversity" is pure crap. The REAL adversity is not by playing on an incredible bad team like the Dogs played this year. It's by playing in the playoffs. AS an organization, you are better with having some of your kids you still think highly of in the ECHL but your most prefered ones with the AHL with some very good vets in order to play in the playoffs and learn from this experience.

I know it's their 1st year, but not being able to recognize what the Dogs were all about was Bergevin and Co 1st mistake. They recognized it way too late with some Commodore acquisition and so on but most were wrong guys to go with and too late. Hamilton will HAVE to be much better next year. And SURELY playoff bound. Our futures needs to see what this season is all about.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Still believe that this "let's learn in adversity" is pure crap. The REAL adversity is not by playing on an incredible bad team like the Dogs played this year. It's by playing in the playoffs. AS an organization, you are better with having some of your kids you still think highly of in the ECHL but your most prefered ones with the AHL with some very good vets in order to play in the playoffs and learn from this experience.

I know it's their 1st year, but not being able to recognize what the Dogs were all about was Bergevin and Co 1st mistake. They recognized it way too late with some Commodore acquisition and so on but most were wrong guys to go with and too late. Hamilton will HAVE to be much better next year. And SURELY playoff bound. Our futures needs to see what this season is all about.
Maybe they got distracted from the lockout. There where many opportunities with the lockout to sign older players to help with the younger kids, they might of underestimated the transition from junior to pro.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:09 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Going to be an interesting off-season, I assume St-Denis won't be back so as of now the defense is looking like, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Ellis, Dietz. I still think Thrower will be there, so clearly they are going to need to find some veteran this summer. Looking forward to seeing who they can get and what the goalie situation will look like. I'm going to assume that the current coaching staff is back and that we are going to see another very young team in Hamilton again.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Scott Radley from thespec.com hopes to see Tenute back with Hamilton
http://www.thespec.com/sports/bulldo...comes-too-soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Maybe they got distracted from the lockout. There where many opportunities with the lockout to sign older players to help with the younger kids, they might of underestimated the transition from junior to pro.
They invited Michel Ouellet to camp but they decided not sign him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Going to be an interesting off-season, I assume St-Denis won't be back so as of now the defense is looking like, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Ellis, Dietz. I still think Thrower will be there, so clearly they are going to need to find some veteran this summer. Looking forward to seeing who they can get and what the goalie situation will look like. I'm going to assume that the current coaching staff is back and that we are going to see another very young team in Hamilton again.
I think that Fortunus could be a great option. At this point I don't think he has much NHL aspirations.

By the way, I wrote an analysis on the Bulldogs' season (in French). I think that the main issues were the lack of scoring, roster instability and the lack of experience. Read it here.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:48 PM
niftymove

Quote:
so clearly they are going to need to find some veteran this summer
We have to consider St-Denis as gone:

Patrick Caisse ‏@PatrickCaisse 4 h
Frédéric St-Denis veut sa chance dans la LNH, à Montréal ou ailleurs

In an interview to TVA-sport he clearly said he wants to have his chance in the NHL next year and he will go UFA way if he can sign with the Habs.

So, we will need another vet at Def obviously..

Old
04-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
We have to consider St-Denis as gone:

Patrick Caisse ‏@PatrickCaisse 4 h
Frédéric St-Denis veut sa chance dans la LNH, à Montréal ou ailleurs

In an interview to TVA-sport he clearly said he wants to have his chance in the NHL next year and he will go UFA way if he can sign with the Habs.

So, we will need another vet at Def obviously..
It's a tough decision for the guy... as a competitive athlete, I'm sure he believes he can make it in the NHL. But from the outside looking in, I think going to Europe might be a wiser decision. Hopefully it works out for him one way or the other.

Old
04-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
It's a tough decision for the guy... as a competitive athlete, I'm sure he believes he can make it in the NHL. But from the outside looking in, I think going to Europe might be a wiser decision. Hopefully it works out for him one way or the other.
If guys like Gervais and Gilroy can find teams, St-Denis can too. Hell, Campoli played over 400 games in the NHL. At his current age this is probably his best chance to make the NHL. Switzerland is always an option if it doesn't work out.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:39 PM
zzoo

"Production modeste des jeunes à Hamilton":
http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lnh/2013/...es-a-hamilton/

Old
04-24-2013, 05:15 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I used to like Mathias Brunet, I don't anymore.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:25 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I used to like Mathias Brunet, I don't anymore.
He the most obnoxious journalist out there. Take the "average" HF Member, give him a job as a journalist at La Presse, and you'll get Mathias Brunet.

Overrates the value of prospects as soon as they're "prospects"
Can't accept anything that has to do with criticizing Price
Comes back right to the fans and almost calls them idiot after one decent game from Price
And then, several other ******** he puts up

I wasn't as big on Price as others were to start the season, and now that everyone's down on him, I'm not as down as everybody on him at this point. I'm not letting journalism like his influence my opinion on players. But some fans do, and I can tell you this kind of journalism makes a LOT of fans grow into Price haters.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Nice boxscore scouting, Brunet...

Comments are funny, so many bandwagon fans there

Old
04-24-2013, 08:21 PM
pc_md

Quote:
He the most obnoxious journalist out there. Take the "average" HF Member, give him a job as a journalist at La Presse, and you'll get Mathias Brunet.

Overrates the value of prospects as soon as they're "prospects"
Can't accept anything that has to do with criticizing Price
Comes back right to the fans and almost calls them idiot after one decent game from Price
And then, several other ******** he puts up

I wasn't as big on Price as others were to start the season, and now that everyone's down on him, I'm not as down as everybody on him at this point. I'm not letting journalism like his influence my opinion on players. But some fans do, and I can tell you this kind of journalism makes a LOT of fans grow into Price haters.
I can't say I agree with you.

He does overrate prospects but so do 90 % of the posters on this board. And some, if not most, overrate them way more than Mathias does.

He likes Price. Fine. He has an opinion and he stands by it. What is the problem with that ? You prefer somebody like Bergeron who goes on and says X player is the best on the team and then wants to trade him a week later ?

Mathias Brunet is actually a good journalist. When he writes an article you can always see the research behind it. Statistics, quote, facts, they are always there. Few sports journalists were doing as much research before he started working at LaPresse. I don't think I would be wrong saying he inspired part of the new generation of sport journalism.

He did have a few brainfarts in his career (Hossa's gloves !) but his judgement has usely been dead on. For example, I remember him being one of the first to say something was wrong with Fischer. He got destroyed on this board for this many, many times. Turns out he was right.

As for the article you are quoting, I think you overreact. The funniest part is that he's actually only stating facts... and I don't see anything wrong with this.

I feel you are a member who likes double standards. Let's write about each Bozon's goal without mentionning who he is playing with. But don't you dare put the Bulldogs statistics without mentionning they were one of the youngest team in the league...

Old
04-24-2013, 09:23 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Nice boxscore scouting, Brunet...

Comments are funny, so many bandwagon fans there
To be fair to Brunet, all he said was that prospects did not produce much in Hamilton. He did not say why, he did not claim they are all busts. He simply put their stats and said it was worrying and to some extent it is.

Could it be that these kids are not well surrounded by vets and that the Hamilton coaching staff is poor? It could be, Brunet did not say or deny that. The most opinionated stuff in the article is that Leblanc, Quailer, Fortier and Ellis have been disappointing and its true. Would anyone here claim they didn't expect more from Leblanc and Ellis? Or maybe from Quailer, a gros bonhomme that looked quite promising when the season started? Or Fortier, a prospect who's development has stalled for some time now and whose chances with the pros are done? Some years ago Fortier could at least be expected to become a decent AHLer yet he doesn't seem like one at all now.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 04-24-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old
04-25-2013, 12:00 AM
deandebean

He's stating stats. What's so wrong? None of the players he mentioned had a solid season. As for Kristo, he did not look good and is older than the other kids. That's all he wrote.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Grant McCagg

Here's another stat - the average age of the Bulldogs at season's end was younger than the majority of NCAA teams.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:31 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Heck of a season for Beaulieu, hope the team comes back strong in a few months.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:08 PM
yoteshot

Kristo will play for the USA at the next WHC. NICE!

Old
04-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Et le But

U-s-a! U-s-a! U-s-a!

Old
04-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Ubercron9000

many of our prospects were young and had their first season playing pro. Next year should be a better year guys will prepare better knowing whats ahead of them. Guys will mature and get better in the off season.

I'm not worried to much. Tinordi will play in the NHL and so will beaulieu. Ellis needs time to develop but I can see him turning into a jorges defensive defenseman which is still good. Might not be a flashy player but will do his job.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/04/29/sa...ssault-charges

Old
04-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Probably go away soon.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:49 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Probably go away soon.
If he can throw 'em like his son...

Old
04-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
many of our prospects were young and had their first season playing pro. Next year should be a better year guys will prepare better knowing whats ahead of them. Guys will mature and get better in the off season.

I'm not worried to much. Tinordi will play in the NHL and so will beaulieu. Ellis needs time to develop but I can see him turning into a jorges defensive defenseman which is still good. Might not be a flashy player but will do his job.
Lefebvre was also a rookie headcoach.

Hopefully he's gonna be better to handle the offensive part of the game and his forwards. Or bergevin might want to get a guy with more head coaching experience and ask Lefebvre to become assistant coach in charge of d-men.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Lefebvre was also a rookie headcoach.

Hopefully he's gonna be better to handle the offensive part of the game and his forwards. Or bergevin might want to get a guy with more head coaching experience and ask Lefebvre to become assistant coach in charge of d-men.
Or get an assistant competent with forward.

Closed Thread