HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Well At least it was close

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2013, 10:49 AM
  #326
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
What happened to our 2 guys in and forecheck?

Our first periods have been a disaster recently...
This team is small ( plays small too) and is tired.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:53 AM
  #327
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan
 
Habs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post


And DD is still making 850k....
I am we'll aware of that I was just sayin dd contract extension at 3.5 mil is only 250k more a year than a rookie is getting on his rookie contract. I know dd contract only comes in to play next year

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:55 AM
  #328
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan
 
Habs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
This team is small ( plays small too) and is tired.
U don't have to be big to forecheck.

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:01 AM
  #329
coladin
Registered User
 
coladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I agree but at the same time I don't know. I'm starting to get a little worried though and I was one of the people telling people to chill out in the blowouts. But last nights game was a bit better price played well. I just want to see price play well the last 2 games at least if we go in the playoffs with a hot goalie with a struggling team we have chance to stay In games.
I remember the Senators did this a while back leading into the playoffs and everyone was up in arms about it. I always remember Igor Kravchuk being interviewed and saying all they have to do is "hit the switch" lol...and they didn't.

Another year the Sens were lousy down the stretch and played very well, it will boil down to the leadership in the room to get the guys playoff ready, especially the young guys. I think they will come out gangbusters.

coladin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:05 AM
  #330
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I am we'll aware of that I was just sayin dd contract extension at 3.5 mil is only 250k more a year than a rookie is getting on his rookie contract. I know dd contract only comes in to play next year
This 19 years old rookie is having the same number of points as DD with no PP time and lesser teammates by the way. Just saying.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:09 AM
  #331
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan
 
Habs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
This 19 years old rookie is having the same number of points as DD with no PP time and lesser teammates by the way. Just saying.
No one sayin galchenyuk isn't better than dd at 19 but if he earns 3.25 mil on rookie deal people should let up on dd contract, it's a very easy contract to trade to teams that have trouble luring free agents or need salary for the cap min

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:17 AM
  #332
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
For a bottom pairing defenseman? He's a shot blocker and a hitter. I'd rather pay him than DD.
He makes $4M a year for 10000 years. What's the point?

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:23 AM
  #333
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
No one sayin galchenyuk isn't better than dd at 19 but if he earns 3.25 mil on rookie deal people should let up on dd contract, it's a very easy contract to trade to teams that have trouble luring free agents or need salary for the cap min
You're saying his contract is not that bad based on the contract of a 3rd overall pick with huge salary bonuses, contract that is mostly determined by the CBA. These are two completely unrelated situations.

3.5M for Desharnais is fine with me. 4 years is not. I don't see room for Plekanec, Eller, Desharnais AND Galchenyuk on the long-term here. Right now, Eller plays like a player who DESERVES to stay at C.

I just hope they don't plan to keep Galchenyuk on the wing all this time. I'm scared about this possibility, as this organization has no clue how to develop young phenomenal players, since they haven't been doing so for a long, long time. I mean, the way Galchenyuk is playing, where the hell wouldn't he get more playing time than here? Hell, I'll even push my luck... which team would have even given him a totally random number, and not handed him #94, as a way to recognize he's a special player and that they'll build that team in function of him? This guy has the potential to be the franchise player of this team without it even being that close of a deal, and I just hope we develop him accordingly... and that a stupid 4 years contract to DD won't hold him back.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:40 AM
  #334
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan
 
Habs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
You're saying his contract is not that bad based on the contract of a 3rd overall pick with huge salary bonuses, contract that is mostly determined by the CBA. These are two completely unrelated situations.

3.5M for Desharnais is fine with me. 4 years is not. I don't see room for Plekanec, Eller, Desharnais AND Galchenyuk on the long-term here. Right now, Eller plays like a player who DESERVES to stay at C.

I just hope they don't plan to keep Galchenyuk on the wing all this time. I'm scared about this possibility, as this organization has no clue how to develop young phenomenal players, since they haven't been doing so for a long, long time. I mean, the way Galchenyuk is playing, where the hell wouldn't he get more playing time than here? Hell, I'll even push my luck... which team would have even given him a totally random number, and not handed him #94, as a way to recognize he's a special player and that they'll build that team in function of him? This guy has the potential to be the franchise player of this team without it even being that close of a deal, and I just hope we develop him accordingly... and that a stupid 4 years contract to DD won't hold him back.

How does this organization not know how to deal with young people? Mt worked with Crosby and Malkin and letang and fleury and he did a good job at handling them.
And mb worked as assistant gm to Chicago (you know that team that was all young) they both handled themselves very well. And please just stop with the dd contract it's getting ridiculous everyone's acting as if well never be able to move him and acting as if he has a 8 million dollar a year contract just relax
(And for the Ice time galchenyuk is 19 I love the way their handling galchenyuk what would you do differently, give him 30 minutes of ice time?) that it absolutely not how you develop a young player.



Ps: desharnais can be easily moved because of his contract stop with the dd contract it's getting old very fast, it was explained 10 times how he can be moved to teams that cannot attract those free agents. I will not repeat myself again its getting tiring

I also love it when they say this organization has never know how to deal with young people well guess what... It's a whole new organization. so what if gainey or gauthier sucked with young guys mb and mt don't so its a whole new ball game guys so relax.

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:25 PM
  #335
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
He makes $4M a year for 10000 years. What's the point?
To improve our defense?

Unless you like being cycled to death and the only option is a panic flip to the center ice? I sure don't.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:28 PM
  #336
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
How does this organization not know how to deal with young people? Mt worked with Crosby and Malkin and letang and fleury and he did a good job at handling them.
And mb worked as assistant gm to Chicago (you know that team that was all young) they both handled themselves very well. And please just stop with the dd contract it's getting ridiculous everyone's acting as if well never be able to move him and acting as if he has a 8 million dollar a year contract just relax
(And for the Ice time galchenyuk is 19 I love the way their handling galchenyuk what would you do differently, give him 30 minutes of ice time?) that it absolutely not how you develop a young player.



Ps: desharnais can be easily moved because of his contract stop with the dd contract it's getting old very fast, it was explained 10 times how he can be moved to teams that cannot attract those free agents. I will not repeat myself again its getting tiring

I also love it when they say this organization has never know how to deal with young people well guess what... It's a whole new organization. so what if gainey or gauthier sucked with young guys mb and mt don't so its a whole new ball game guys so relax.
4 years for Desharnais... Think about it. It's not easy to move anymore. Teams are extremely careful to pick their Cs, and if Desharnais keeps this up, not a whole lot of team will see him as a part of the solution in making their franchise a winning one.

Galchenyuk should not play 30 minutes per game, but I say there's a pretty damn huge difference between 8 and 30. Especially when he's been outproducing pretty much all of our Cs in the last few weeks. By the way, you're the one who started comparing oranges and apples, not me. Saying "Desharnais is not paid all that much, he only makes 250K more than a rookie" is a bad argument and some flawed logic. Reality is, Desharnais is paid on the long-term as part of this team's core in the long run. And keeping him means we won't be able to offer other guys who deserve it more any PP opportunities, since it's pretty much the only reason why DD is in the lineup in the first place.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:28 PM
  #337
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
To improve our defense?

Unless you like being cycled to death and the only option is a panic flip to the center ice? I sure don't.
Oh, don't worry. Weber will end up being the solution to all of our problems

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:40 PM
  #338
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 20,072
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
No one sayin galchenyuk isn't better than dd at 19 but if he earns 3.25 mil on rookie deal people should let up on dd contract, it's a very easy contract to trade to teams that have trouble luring free agents or need salary for the cap min
Rookie contracts are bonus riddled, he won't be making that much especially not in a shortened season.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:42 PM
  #339
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Oh, don't worry. Weber will end up being the solution to all of our problems
Bring back Brisebois.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:54 PM
  #340
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,174
vCash: 500
I can't conceive of Desharnais on the roster 3-4 years from now, whether at center or wing. Everyone agrees that the Habs ought to add size. The length of his contract makes it all the more difficult to trade him.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.