HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oduya

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2013, 08:56 AM
  #76
Oh_so_saad
Registered User
 
Oh_so_saad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
just close the thread

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:15 AM
  #77
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
He is number 4 or 5 left handed shooting dman. Who would some Hawks fans prefer in place of Oduya to skate with Seabrook, Brookbank, or Hjalmarsson? Stone hands don't cut it in Chicago's system.

He plays 20 minutes a game and he's certainly not a top pair dmen. I'm not sure where the bar is or where the perspective is he relates to the rest of the league. If he didn't make as many mistakes he would cost 4.5 million-5 on a 6 year deal in another city.
Sense! Stop making so much of it

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:00 PM
  #78
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
No but as I said during the off-season I would have spent the money used to sign Oduya and would have signed Bryan Allen instead who is more of what the Hawks need. A bigger, solid, physical stay at home D-man.

Oduya was playing very well early on I even praised him for it despite being one of his biggest doubters last year. However since March his play has gone down hill and his lack of being able to handle pressure from forechecks and handle bigger fowards is worrisome especially come playoff time when that type of play is used much more often and allowed more often.
Duck fans want Allen gone, so instead of cursing Oduya we would be cursing him.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:43 PM
  #79
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
No but as I said during the off-season I would have spent the money used to sign Oduya and would have signed Bryan Allen instead who is more of what the Hawks need. A bigger, solid, physical stay at home D-man.

Oduya was playing very well early on I even praised him for it despite being one of his biggest doubters last year. However since March his play has gone down hill and his lack of being able to handle pressure from forechecks and handle bigger fowards is worrisome especially come playoff time when that type of play is used much more often and allowed more often.
I was in this boat prior to getting Oduya, but it's clear now that Allen wouldn't have worked in Chicago's system. They need guys that can skate and move the puck. Allen would have been an improvement on Brookbank, but not on Roszival or Oduya.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:35 PM
  #80
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 26,010
vCash: 500
Oduya is better than Allen... and fits our team as #5

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:38 PM
  #81
JohnnyOduyasGirl27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belle Vernon, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
OMG you people are making me mad about my boy, I know he has been struggling down the stretch, but I have faith in him in this years playoffs, but last year what made me is why did coach Q put him when Shane Doan was on the ice, he can't play when Captains on different teams.

JohnnyOduyasGirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 03:43 PM
  #82
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,502
vCash: 500
Q put him because Doan it Oduya'd the bench team captain.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 04:55 PM
  #83
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Q put him because Doan it Oduya'd the bench team captain.
What the heck does that say

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 05:34 PM
  #84
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I was in this boat prior to getting Oduya, but it's clear now that Allen wouldn't have worked in Chicago's system. They need guys that can skate and move the puck. Allen would have been an improvement on Brookbank, but not on Roszival or Oduya.
They have tons of those guys, you need a balance, would 12 Patrick Kanes work as a forward core? Or 12 Toews or any player? Sure it's great to have some good skating puck moving D-men, but you always need to balance that out with some stay at home D-men with some size or who can use their body. That Kassian goal the other night is a perfect example, he just shoves Keith out his way and Hammer bounces off him as he scores an easy goal. It would be nice to have someone who can handle that type of player out there.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 05:39 PM
  #85
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
They have tons of those guys, you need a balance, would 12 Patrick Kanes work as a forward core? Or 12 Toews or any player? Sure it's great to have some good skating puck moving D-men, but you always need to balance that out with some stay at home D-men with some size or who can use their body. That Kassian goal the other night is a perfect example, he just shoves Keith out his way and Hammer bounces off him as he scores an easy goal. It would be nice to have someone who can handle that type of player out there.
Yes and most definitely yes.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 05:45 PM
  #86
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
They have tons of those guys, you need a balance, would 12 Patrick Kanes work as a forward core? Or 12 Toews or any player? Sure it's great to have some good skating puck moving D-men, but you always need to balance that out with some stay at home D-men with some size or who can use their body. That Kassian goal the other night is a perfect example, he just shoves Keith out his way and Hammer bounces off him as he scores an easy goal. It would be nice to have someone who can handle that type of player out there.
They have balance. Just because they don't have brutalizingly physical Dmen, doesn't mean they don't have balance. On each pairing, they have a primary puck-mover, and a more defensively-focused player - who can also move the puck.

Yeah, I'd love it if we could have three pairings of Lidstrom and Chara, but it's not going to happen.

Hammer was no where around Kassian on that goal. He pushed off Keith and scored. Allen isn't stopping him from doing that, when he would be (as Hammer was) preoccupied with a Sedin in the corner.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 05:54 PM
  #87
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
They have balance. Just because they don't have brutalizingly physical Dmen, doesn't mean they don't have balance. On each pairing, they have a primary puck-mover, and a more defensively-focused player - who can also move the puck.

Yeah, I'd love it if we could have three pairings of Lidstrom and Chara, but it's not going to happen.

Hammer was no where around Kassian on that goal. He pushed off Keith and scored. Allen isn't stopping him from doing that, when he would be (as Hammer was) preoccupied with a Sedin in the corner.
I never said we needed it. I simply said I want the Hawks to have that physical D-man especially for the playoffs.

Hammer got to Kassian right as he shot the puck and tried to knock him off of it and bounced off.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:01 PM
  #88
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 26,010
vCash: 500
12 Toews? that team would go unbeaten with the intangibles on it alone

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.