HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Moncton Wildcats 2013-2014 Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Reesor01

vCash: 500
If I was Moncton, I'd be hoping to get younger by trading away anyone of value for good picks/prospects. Keep a select few vets that are good examples for the younger players. And as hard as it would be to stomach, I'd be hoping to finish as far down the standings as possible. Can't trade Euro picks anymore, so that's the only way you'd be able to get a good 17yo Euro is to draft him with your own pick.

Bathurst should be attempting the same thing. With their new ownership it will be interesting to see if they do what LGM didn't, and go through a proper rebuild.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 06:41 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
If I was Moncton, I'd be hoping to get younger by trading away anyone of value for good picks/prospects. Keep a select few vets that are good examples for the younger players. And as hard as it would be to stomach, I'd be hoping to finish as far down the standings as possible. Can't trade Euro picks anymore, so that's the only way you'd be able to get a good 17yo Euro is to draft him with your own pick.

Bathurst should be attempting the same thing. With their new ownership it will be interesting to see if they do what LGM didn't, and go through a proper rebuild.
Has this been confirmed ? If so Danny Flynn better catch up since he was quoted in the paper a few days ago on the possibility of moving up in the Import draft..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:01 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Has this been confirmed ? If so Danny Flynn better catch up since he was quoted in the paper a few days ago on the possibility of moving up in the Import draft..
This is the last year you can trade them.
Just curious...what does he have that he could use to trade up?

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:13 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
This is the last year you can trade them.
Just curious...what does he have that he could use to trade up?
Prospects , players and draft picks ?

Old
04-24-2013, 08:44 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
I think he was looking for names, because you don't have very many of those things listed above, that would be beneficial to trade.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:14 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
I think he was looking for names, because you don't have very many of those things listed above, that would be beneficial to trade.
2013: 2-3(gat)-5-6(vdo)-7-7(chi)-8-9-10-10(gat)-11-12-13-14-14(sha)-euro1-euro2
*2014 and 2015 draft picks

Lalonde, Johnston, Dubeau , Sweeney, Tremaine , Penny, Garland ,Batt

Mann,Pitre,McCabe,Simpson,Pugsley,Beadoin,Hynes

I'm sure some of those assets would be enough to move up in an import draft...

Old
04-25-2013, 11:50 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
3 things you don't have much of..

Old
04-25-2013, 11:52 AM
chsb

Quote:
The picks your team has are dismal if you take into account that your team is on a rebuild.
Why throw away picks for improving your Euro ranking when you hardly have enough to take advantage of the draft?

Prospects are not worth what you want to use them for.

The Wildcats only tool is trading players for picks and starting a true rebuild; that is exactly what ClemQ was suggesting above....

It is not gonna be a rosy sight the next couple of years but at least you will see a young and developing roster.
Is Danny Flynn the right man for that situation?

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:53 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

[QUOTE=chsb;64639581]The picks your team has are dismal if you take into account that your team is on a rebuild.
Why throw away picks for improving your Euro ranking when you hardly have enough to take advantage of the draft?

The Wildcats only tool is trading players for picks and starting a true rebuild; that is exactly what ClemQ was suggesting above....

It is not gonna be a rosy sight the next couple of years but at least you will see a young and developing roster.
Is Danny Flynn the right man for that situation?[/QUOTE]

Not sure , I was hoping RKI might take a look at LGM. That way we won't have to worry about a rebuild

Old
04-25-2013, 12:54 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
3 things you don't have much of..
2013: 2-3(gat)-5-6(vdo)-7-7(chi)-8-9-10-10(gat)-11-12-13-14-14(sha)-euro1-euro2
*2014 and 2015 draft picks

Lalonde, Johnston, Dubeau , Sweeney, Tremaine , Penny, Garland ,Batt

Mann,Pitre,McCabe,Simpson,Pugsley,Beadoin,Hynes

I'm sure some of those assets would be enough to move up in an import draft...

Old
04-25-2013, 03:28 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Moncton should try to rebuild though, a competitive group but IMO they should try to restock.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:51 PM
RJQuack

I wouldn't chirp Bathurst if I was a Moncton fan this year... We know which organization has more recent success and is indeed run better, but Bathurst didn't make a huge mistake at the deadline thinking this was their year when there were other things to be had... Although trading Lalancette is out there lol.

Moncton will lose one or a combo of Lalonde, Johnston, and Barb... That's always been reported by the Q reporters, although we're not sure which package... So they shouldn't (all) be included in the list of available Moncton assets.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:15 AM
ClemQ

[QUOTE=WildcatMapleLeafs28;64642627]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
The picks your team has are dismal if you take into account that your team is on a rebuild.

Is Danny Flynn the right man for that situation?[/QUOTE]

Not sure , I was hoping RKI might take a look at LGM. That way we won't have to worry about a rebuild
hahahahah!!! i hadnt seen this quote....good one

Old
04-26-2013, 11:18 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
I wouldn't chirp Bathurst if I was a Moncton fan this year... We know which organization has more recent success and is indeed run better, but Bathurst didn't make a huge mistake at the deadline thinking this was their year when there were other things to be had... Although trading Lalancette is out there lol.

Moncton will lose one or a combo of Lalonde, Johnston, and Barb... That's always been reported by the Q reporters, although we're not sure which package... So they shouldn't (all) be included in the list of available Moncton assets.
i was told its not Barbashaev for sure. Wether you believe my source or not...we'll see what happens at the draft. And there will be a few picks coming back Moncton's way also. Although, no first or second picks.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:45 AM
chsb

[QUOTE=ClemQ;64706863]
Quote:

hahahahah!!! i hadnt seen this quote....good one
The question is worth asking as Flynn is notoriously NOT a rebuild phenom....

He is also not famous to show a lot of patience with rookies when coaching.

But the one with less patience is the man above him and they are heading face down in a true rebuild.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 01:34 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
i was told its not Barbashaev for sure. Wether you believe my source or not...we'll see what happens at the draft. And there will be a few picks coming back Moncton's way also. Although, no first or second picks.
You're correct that it's not Barbashev. DF confirmed it last week that he's not going to Victoriaville and that he has a no trade clause. I heard that Victo has the option of Johnston OR Lalonde for the 2nd round pick back or both players for our 1st 2015 back.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:23 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
You're correct that it's not Barbashev. DF confirmed it last week that he's not going to Victoriaville and that he has a no trade clause. I heard that Victo has the option of Johnston OR Lalonde for the 2nd round pick back or both players for our 1st 2015 back.
if i'm victoriaville thats a no brainer...id be taking both.
that makes moncton even weaker next year. They can use the 2015 pick to move up in the euro draft, but, i'm not sure that helps any rebuild effort.

The euro draft is not about picking the best talents first and so forth. It's all about working a deal out with a player/agent. It doesnt matter where the cats pick, they should be able to acquire a decent player with $ they are capable of offering.

At this point, if i was them, i would not worry about hitting a home run with a euro, i would keep as many assets as possible and if anything, try to acquire draft picks, 16's and 17's. Looking at their bank of picks and prospects, they dont have enough to be worried about picking up an 17/18yr old euro that would be on a squad that will be mediocre for the next couple years. IMO, your just throwing assets away that you could have used down the road when you will be a contender again.

just my opinion however.....

Old
04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Cats should pick up a young euro, and make him part of their rebuild with Barbashev and Garland.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:28 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Cats should pick up a young euro, and make him part of their rebuild with Barbashev and Garland.
I hope so. It would make the most sense. I wasn't a fan of what SJ did at last year's Import Draft , opting to go with an 18 and 19 year old in a rebuild. Maybe they didn't have a choice and their targeted player was taken or something but it didn't really work well , imo.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:33 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
if i'm victoriaville thats a no brainer...id be taking both.
that makes moncton even weaker next year. They can use the 2015 pick to move up in the euro draft, but, i'm not sure that helps any rebuild effort.

The euro draft is not about picking the best talents first and so forth. It's all about working a deal out with a player/agent. It doesnt matter where the cats pick, they should be able to acquire a decent player with $ they are capable of offering.

At this point, if i was them, i would not worry about hitting a home run with a euro, i would keep as many assets as possible and if anything, try to acquire draft picks, 16's and 17's. Looking at their bank of picks and prospects, they dont have enough to be worried about picking up an 17/18yr old euro that would be on a squad that will be mediocre for the next couple years. IMO, your just throwing assets away that you could have used down the road when you will be a contender again.

just my opinion however.....
I'd agree. If that is what the option is (Johnston and/or Lalonde) that's what I see happening as well. Even if Victo opted to get younger , they could surely get more than a 1st in return for Lalonde and Johnston if they were to flip them. Moncton should be able to add a high end euro regardless of where they're picking but I think we'll probably move up to do it. I wonder if Nylander's son is coming over ? I think he'd be a great player in the CHL. There is already talk he'll be a high pick in his NHL draft year.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:31 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I hope so. It would make the most sense. I wasn't a fan of what SJ did at last year's Import Draft , opting to go with an 18 and 19 year old in a rebuild. Maybe they didn't have a choice and their targeted player was taken or something but it didn't really work well , imo.
That one also boggles my mind..

Old
04-30-2013, 05:51 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
I'd agree. If that is what the option is (Johnston and/or Lalonde) that's what I see happening as well. Even if Victo opted to get younger , they could surely get more than a 1st in return for Lalonde and Johnston if they were to flip them. Moncton should be able to add a high end euro regardless of where they're picking but I think we'll probably move up to do it. I wonder if Nylander's son is coming over ? I think he'd be a great player in the CHL. There is already talk he'll be a high pick in his NHL draft year.
i guess we agree to disagree on this one
I see no logic in moving up if i'm the wildcats. Unless you can move up with only trading late picks or prospects which will have not much of an impact on your team (which the cats have lots of), i dont see the logic in moving a contributable part in order to get a player that will not be here the next time you are ready to contend.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:57 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
i guess we agree to disagree on this one
I see no logic in moving up if i'm the wildcats. Unless you can move up with only trading late picks or prospects which will have not much of an impact on your team (which the cats have lots of), i dont see the logic in moving a contributable part in order to get a player that will not be here the next time you are ready to contend.
Euro picks in general , especially moving up is not expensive unless it's #1 overall. For example , Bathurst sent Rouyn Noranda their 1st Euro 2013 for a 4th round pick 2013. I'm all for moving up if the cost isn't too high (i.e 4th round pick).. We'll be a lot younger this season and it will be intresting to see how some of last year's picks turn out.

Old
05-10-2013, 06:23 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Looks like Ross Johnston will be the only player headed to Victoriaville to complete the Danault trade.

http://www.lanouvelle.net/Sports/Hoc...r-alignement/1

This puts an end to all the Barbashev rumours and will also speed up Moncton's rebuild process as they will receive a draft choice in return for Johnston at the draft. Lalonde will also fetch a decent return from a contending team looking to add a feisty, scoring winger.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Catz*

Quote:
Looks like Ross Johnston will be the only player headed to Victoriaville to complete the Danault trade.

http://www.lanouvelle.net/Sports/Hoc...r-alignement/1

This puts an end to all the Barbashev rumours and will also speed up Moncton's rebuild process as they will receive a draft choice in return for Johnston at the draft. Lalonde will also fetch a decent return from a contending team looking to add a feisty, scoring winger.

Ya I told everyone the day danault was acquired that barb wasn't going the other way. But since some people are jealous of others inside info they don't believe. Guess all the big q league twitter people don't know as much as they thought.

Catz* is offline   Reply With Quote