Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I figured they would organize a benefit. Whether you like them or hate them DKM do what they can for Boston when there is a need.
I like them. Got a pair...the atmosphere is going to be incredible.

DKM at 12:30, Bruins at 7:00. Monday will be fun!

Old
04-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
Wow Big D is still around? I remember them from my younger psuedo-rebellious days of the late 90s. Used to watch them play in front of like 35 people, sometimes there were more members on stage than fans in the crowd! And the bass player made lots of strange faces.
I saw them for the first time a few years ago at Hometown Throwdown....whatever was the last year at the Middle East. Pretty pumped to see them again, and for a good cause.

The fact that the fees weren't waived on a benefit concert ticket chaps my ass though.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:29 PM
chuckdobbins

Sing with me

For Boooston for Boooston the worst band in the wooorld.

That's how it goes, right?

Cheers to them for setting this up though

Old
04-24-2013, 01:30 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Can't lie those 2 Blackwater looking guys in a couple of the pictures look suspicious. I wonder if they were brought in as private security?
Would think they had to have been private. They clearly weren't concerned about blending in- matching outfits, clearly had communication devices in their ears, military boots, etc. Essentially in uniforms.

Old
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Would think they had to have been private. They clearly weren't concerned about blending in- matching outfits, clearly had communication devices in their ears, military boots, etc. Essentially in uniforms.
The "wire" in their ear honestly looks like a cracked piece of stone in the ground to me

Old
Kovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Sing with me

blasphemy!

Old
04-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Turk 16

Quote:
Sing with me

I gotta agree... but yeah props to them for setting this up.

TBH, I'd rather hear Neil Diamond again.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:33 PM
hoss75

Quote:
Sing with me

Pretty much.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Me either.

The guy had to learn bomb making somewhere. Like I said I can believe she was unaware of the actual plot but I can't see missing the bomb building and radical religious belief especially given that others report him going off on people in his mosque.

Looking like the younger brother sold pot for spending money.
Wife was the bread winner of the family. Quit Suffolk, married him, put on the hijab. Not speaking directly w/ authorities, but through her attorney. Said to be cooperating. But why not just be as forthright as possible considering all the pain her a-hole husband caused?

Beautiful girl. How did he get her? Unconfirmed whether she was the same girl he beat up. Why do women tolerate men like that? Will never get that and don't want to.

Victims and their families want #2 out of the same hospital as victims. Going to airlift him out. Why I could never be a cop, wouldn't think twice, I'd push him out of the helo over the first unpopulated area we passed over.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:37 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I like them. Got a pair...the atmosphere is going to be incredible.

DKM at 12:30, Bruins at 7:00. Monday will be fun!
I like them-my daughter really likes them but we have another commitment and can't go.

She is attending college in Boston in the fall and I suspect at some point she will end up at one of their local concerts. She tried hard to get her senior class to use Forever as their recessional song but no dice.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:38 PM
BostonBruins92
Closer to the Sun

I've seen State Radio twice, and they're really good. I wish I could go!

Old
04-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Wife was the bread winner of the family. Quit Suffolk, married him, put on the hijab. Not speaking directly w/ authorities, but through her attorney. Said to be cooperating. But why not just be as forthright as possible considering all the pain her a-hole husband caused?

Beautiful girl. How did he get her? Unconfirmed whether she was the same girl he beat up. Why do women tolerate men like that? Will never get that and don't want to.

Victims and their families want #2 out of the same hospital as victims. Going to airlift him out. Why I could never be a cop, wouldn't think twice, I'd push him out of the helo over the first unpopulated area we passed over.
and I'd hold the door open for you.

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Go Team Hoyt !
Old
04-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Neely08

Now being made public that both bombs were triggered remotely by cellphone. Every explosives expert I've talked to, or seen interviewed, says the same thing. Bombs may have been crudely manufactured, but they were also very well manufactured, and show a high degree of expertise. Especially the way they were triggered.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/24/health...html?hpt=hp_t2

Here comes the excuse mongering. He boxed, therefore must have been brain damaged. Poor, poor guy, it wasn't his fault. Trainer said he had power and great reach, if he couldn't knock you out, he quit. Didn't have a fighters heart. That's not a fighter, that's a total chump.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

He HAD to have received some training and/or practiced when he was out of the country. You don't just DO THAT and luck out when you try it for the first time. No ****ing way.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Turk 16

Quote:
Now being made public that both bombs were triggered remotely by cellphone. Every explosives expert I've talked to, or seen interviewed, says the same thing. Bombs may have been crudely manufactured, but they were also very well manufactured, and show a high degree of expertise. Especially the way they were triggered.

Here comes the excuse mongering. He boxed, therefore must have been brain damaged. Poor, poor guy, it wasn't his fault. Trainer said he had power and great reach, if he couldn't knock you out, he quit. Didn't have a fighters heart. That's not a fighter, that's a total chump.
Ugh, you're right, I hate these kinds of articles. Wonder what the 1000s of boxers who never felt the urge to blow up 200 people would think, let's ask them.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Lost Horizons
Crying Waiting Hopin

Quote:

They'll be a million excuses to come out. I bet the one they'll hit on(whether it's true or not) is he was bullied in school after 9/11 because he was Muslim. So be prepared for the anti bullying pro tolerance people to latch onto that one.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Bad Hat Harry

Quote:
He HAD to have received some training and/or practiced when he was out of the country. You don't just DO THAT and luck out when you try it for the first time. No ****ing way.
I can barely add a contact to my phone or make a call without something going wrong. No way was this the first time they tried this or this something they figured out on their own.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk 16 View Post
Ugh, you're right, I hate these kinds of articles. Wonder what the 1000s of boxers who never felt the urge to blow up 200 people would think, let's ask them.
It's total ********. Boxed in the same club he did. The first thing he learned was how not to get hit. Biggest misconception a/b boxing. You're also wearing a brain bucket at that level when competing.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Neely08

Quote:
They're probably going to come to that conclusion. That trip was probably pilgrimage of sorts for him. Went to the bad guy mosque, they probably told him it was his duty as a muslim, he was a soldier of god, etc etc.

This murder in Waltham. One of them was his best friend. Didn't attend funeral or wake. Three college age men w/ their throats cut. If he was involved, he had help. 5k in cash, pot all over the place. He needed more than his brother to accomplish that, no one sits there while getting their throat cut, even w/ a gun on them. His pothead friends need to start talking.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
It's more than 2. There were around 7 Craft International people there. For those that don't know, it's the private military security company that Chris Kyle started. A few runners have come out and said they have not seen that level of security before for a marathon. IMO you don't higher that high level of firepower like Craft International unless you catch wind of something potentially going down.

Here there are with their security van and using a radiation detector around the blast site.

<snip>
With all due respect, it's really easy to say that after the fact. I also find it hard to believe that runners who are approaching the end of the marathon have the level of security on their minds; especially when talking about guys in relative plainclothes -- they were mistaken for the bombers, FFS.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Turk 16

Wow... guess the conspiranoids are back. Too bad.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
If people are officially using boxing as an excuse for his behavior I'm moving to the Moon.

Edit: It's not unusual at all for outside security to be brought in to monitor huge events in major cities. I doubt they were brought in because people suspected a bombing was imminent, but because that's just becoming the norm for huge events, especially events with an international flair.

04-24-2013, 02:36 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
They'll be a million excuses to come out. I bet the one they'll hit on(whether it's true or not) is he was bullied in school after 9/11 because he was Muslim. So be prepared for the anti bullying pro tolerance people to latch onto that one.
Yeah, they're just the worst.

Did people actually read the article? I did, and read

Quote:
It was inevitable, then, that questions would be raised about whether Tsarnaev's brain may have been similarly traumatized during the years he boxed, and if there had indeed been damage, did that spark his murderous behavior? The answer is a likely yes to the first part and a likely no to the second.
And...

Quote:
"The Boston bombing was a planned attack," says Dr. Robert Cantu, also of Boston University and co-director of the Encephalopathy Center. "There were lots of explosive devices put together in a very premeditated way. There was no flipping out here, no impulsiveness. That's not what you see with CTE in younger people."

That doesn't mean Tsarnaev didn't have brain trauma related to his boxing. "I think he did," Cantu says. It's just that it may not have caused his criminal behavior.
Doesn't look like anyone is coming up with excuses or anything to me, but what do I know.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Anybody that paints this pos mother****er as a victim is a *******.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:37 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
I hate to say it but it does make one pause.
Then again maybe they were always there people just didn't notice them because nothing ever happened b4 last week to draw attention to them.
My guess is that is the most likely scenario.
I am willing to bet this is the case verses there being some warning

As for the terrorists-I really don't care if they were bullied or brain damaged from boxing. The vast majority of people don't set a bomb next to an 8 year old and his sister then walk away to detonate it.

Instead of looking for excuses just be honest and admit that these two men were radicalized jihadists who decided to do something big for the jihad.

Closed Thread