HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2013, 02:08 PM
  #351
Chip Chipperson
Registered User
 
Chip Chipperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ted's Emporium
Country: Belize
Posts: 2,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Driving up for the weekend so my gf can watch her Flyers finish the season in Ottawa.. Section 305, row B for the game.. Staying downtown at the Ottawa Jail Hostel Friday and Saturday nights

Devils are playing the Rangers at 3pm on NBC in the USA that afternoon, any idea of a good bar near the arena where I could catch my game before we head over to SBP? I'd prefer it to be close so that we can be parked at the arena by 6pm
Don Cherrys, 320 Eagleson Rd Ottawa, ON K2M 1C9.

It has a TV at every booth and is a 10 minute drive from SBP when there is no traffic. I would leave yourself more time than that though because traffic gets pretty nuts on palladium dr. when its game day.

There is also Darcy Mcgees at 655 terry fox dr. which is a few minutes closer, but not as good imo.


Last edited by Chip Chipperson: 04-24-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:22 PM
  #352
Colin226
NJ Devils STH
 
Colin226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Flemington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler280 View Post
Don Cherrys, 320 Eagleson Rd Ottawa, ON K2M 1C9.

It has a TV at every booth and is a 10 minute drive from SBP when there is no traffic. I would leave yourself more time than that though because traffic gets pretty nuts on palladium dr. when its game day.

There is also Darcy Mcgees at 655 terry fox dr. which is a few minutes closer, but not as good imo.
Thanks for the recommendation! If we ended up driving to the game from the city center, how much time should we budget for traffic?

Colin226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:41 PM
  #353
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation! If we ended up driving to the game from the city center, how much time should we budget for traffic?
I'll echo Don Cherry's. If you make reservations at a table with it's own TV, you can decide on exactly what you want to watch. It has a Rogers Digital Cable box, so you could control the channels and watch the Devils - Rangers on NBC if, for some reason, the bar decides to show something else (which it likely won't).

As for the City Center question, I'm not the best to answer that as I don't go to the game from downtown. Hopefully someone can give you a good answer. Have fun at the game!

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:51 AM
  #354
Chip Chipperson
Registered User
 
Chip Chipperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ted's Emporium
Country: Belize
Posts: 2,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation! If we ended up driving to the game from the city center, how much time should we budget for traffic?
I would say at least an hour. 30 minutes to get to Kanata and another 30 to fight traffic getting into the parking lot if everything goes well, but traffic can be pretty erratic in this city.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:29 PM
  #355
Colin226
NJ Devils STH
 
Colin226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Flemington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
Thanks for the info guys!! Headed up there now

Colin226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:35 AM
  #356
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,174
vCash: 500
Are there any promos at tonights game?

I was going to buy my son a jersey but I will wait to get to the game if they are on sale again like the season opener.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:40 PM
  #357
Chip Chipperson
Registered User
 
Chip Chipperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ted's Emporium
Country: Belize
Posts: 2,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Are there any promos at tonights game?

I was going to buy my son a jersey but I will wait to get to the game if they are on sale again like the season opener.
I don't remember them announcing any deals for tonight at the Pens game, but I don't know for sure.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:26 PM
  #358
MasterD
Registered User
 
MasterD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,699
vCash: 500
"The Ledge" tickets

Hey guys,

I'm coming from Mtl to Ottawa to see game 4 next week, managed to get tickets in the "Ledge" section. I've read everything I could (searched google and forums) to figure this out, but didn't find my answers, so here goes:

Is the food included only before the game? During? Is it "all you can eat" type or 1 serving per ticket?

Also, are there any drinks included? Beer? Non-alcoholic?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, I'm told traffic gets pretty intense around the arena. How much time, approximately, can I expect to waste between the end of the game and, say, getting on the closest highway?

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:28 PM
  #359
Karl Eriksson
Registered User
 
Karl Eriksson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,477
vCash: 375
You get one roast beef sandwich, and all you can eat salads until the end of the first I think. Booze is extra.

Karl Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:30 PM
  #360
Kekumba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Recent thread http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ighlight=ledge

Kekumba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:30 PM
  #361
Golden
Börk Börk Börk
 
Golden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,929
vCash: 500
FYI, we have a thread about inquiries.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:31 PM
  #362
MasterD
Registered User
 
MasterD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekumba View Post
Read that thread, didn't answer my questions. Didn't notice how recent it is though, guess I should have posted in there. Sorry.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:36 PM
  #363
ybsad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
When I went there was a choice (1) of 3 or 4 hot sandwiches, and the salad bar was open until the begining of the 3rd.

ybsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:53 PM
  #364
barabr10
UM ya that;s right
 
barabr10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ottawa
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Since it's the playoffs you could spend an hour trying to leave the parking lot depending on how early or late you leave the game

barabr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:07 PM
  #365
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barabr10 View Post
Since it's the playoffs you could spend an hour trying to leave the parking lot depending on how early or late you leave the game
Shuttle bus ftw

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:14 PM
  #366
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!
 
Highbrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Coming up for a conference this week so I'll be in town for game 1. Any recommended places to watch it if I'm going solo? Preferably somewhere where I can drink.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:41 PM
  #367
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(
 
Silvercup Returns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 28,989
vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbrow View Post
Coming up for a conference this week so I'll be in town for game 1. Any recommended places to watch it if I'm going solo? Preferably somewhere where I can drink.
Sens mile aka Elgin Street. Pick your poison there.

__________________
Survived 2014 living in Toronto, England and now back home in Ottawa <3

Twitter: @livelikeagypsy
Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:49 PM
  #368
backdoorpass
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
Sens mile aka Elgin Street. Pick your poison there.
the senate has been getting busier each game lately good food and usually deals on to

backdoorpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:56 AM
  #369
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW
 
Concordski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 8,296
vCash: 500
So I'm going to be working in Parliament in some international internship deal, I'm staying at UOttawa. Me and a few other interns got tickets to game 4; I imagine we have a way to get to Kanata, like a car or something, but are there any simple public transit routes from UOttawa to SBP, just in case? I'm looking at the map, it's much busier than the Ann Arbor map (durr), so I can't find it.

Also, I know the answer, but just to be certain, if I go to Don Cherry's during the playoffs, I need a reservation, right? Are there any other good places to catch the game? Beggars can't be choosers, but I think I heard that the Dorm TV's are really old school.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:02 AM
  #370
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(
 
Silvercup Returns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 28,989
vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordski View Post
So I'm going to be working in Parliament in some international internship deal, I'm staying at UOttawa. Me and a few other interns got tickets to game 4; I imagine we have a way to get to Kanata, like a car or something, but are there any simple public transit routes from UOttawa to SBP, just in case? I'm looking at the map, it's much busier than the Ann Arbor map (durr), so I can't find it.

Also, I know the answer, but just to be certain, if I go to Don Cherry's during the playoffs, I need a reservation, right? Are there any other good places to catch the game? Beggars can't be choosers, but I think I heard that the Dorm TV's are really old school.

Many bars have shuttle busses to games if you eat there first. You can use that if you'd like.

I haven't been to Don Cherry in a long long time so not sure on that,but you can pretty much catch the games in any bar in Ottawa.

Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:16 AM
  #371
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala
 
mat_sens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 1425
Does anyone know which bars in Ottawa have shuttle buses?

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:37 AM
  #372
Smash88
Registered User
 
Smash88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,058
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Does anyone know which bars in Ottawa have shuttle buses?
I know Mclaren's had one last year, not sure if they are still doing it. Local Heroes always has one.. Darcy Mcgee's in Bells Corners has one.

Not too sure about any others downtown but I figure there should be a bunch.

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:41 AM
  #373
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala
 
mat_sens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
I know Mclaren's had one last year, not sure if they are still doing it. Local Heroes always has one.. Darcy Mcgee's in Bells Corners has one.

Not too sure about any others downtown but I figure there should be a bunch.
Perfect thanks!

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:08 PM
  #374
moz
Gute Post
 
moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordski View Post
So I'm going to be working in Parliament in some international internship deal, I'm staying at UOttawa. Me and a few other interns got tickets to game 4; I imagine we have a way to get to Kanata, like a car or something, but are there any simple public transit routes from UOttawa to SBP, just in case? I'm looking at the map, it's much busier than the Ann Arbor map (durr), so I can't find it.

Also, I know the answer, but just to be certain, if I go to Don Cherry's during the playoffs, I need a reservation, right? Are there any other good places to catch the game? Beggars can't be choosers, but I think I heard that the Dorm TV's are really old school.
If you go to Campus or Laurier station (both part of the UOttawa campus) you can catch the 403 to Scotiabank Place. There are a few buses and they come between 1:30-1:00 before game time (so wait at 5:30 for a 7pm game). Then just catch the same bus (403) home. I think fares are $3.30 per person per way now, or two bus tickets (you can buy them at Rideau mall or most convenience stores). You'll even get a seat since it's so close to the beginning of the route.

__________________
No longer valid
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:37 PM
  #375
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW
 
Concordski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 8,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
If you go to Campus or Laurier station (both part of the UOttawa campus) you can catch the 403 to Scotiabank Place. There are a few buses and they come between 1:30-1:00 before game time (so wait at 5:30 for a 7pm game). Then just catch the same bus (403) home. I think fares are $3.30 per person per way now, or two bus tickets (you can buy them at Rideau mall or most convenience stores). You'll even get a seat since it's so close to the beginning of the route.
Thanks!!!

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.