HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Old
04-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Chip Chipperson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Driving up for the weekend so my gf can watch her Flyers finish the season in Ottawa.. Section 305, row B for the game.. Staying downtown at the Ottawa Jail Hostel Friday and Saturday nights

Devils are playing the Rangers at 3pm on NBC in the USA that afternoon, any idea of a good bar near the arena where I could catch my game before we head over to SBP? I'd prefer it to be close so that we can be parked at the arena by 6pm
Don Cherrys, 320 Eagleson Rd Ottawa, ON K2M 1C9.

It has a TV at every booth and is a 10 minute drive from SBP when there is no traffic. I would leave yourself more time than that though because traffic gets pretty nuts on palladium dr. when its game day.

There is also Darcy Mcgees at 655 terry fox dr. which is a few minutes closer, but not as good imo.

Last edited by Chip Chipperson: 04-24-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler280 View Post
Don Cherrys, 320 Eagleson Rd Ottawa, ON K2M 1C9.

It has a TV at every booth and is a 10 minute drive from SBP when there is no traffic. I would leave yourself more time than that though because traffic gets pretty nuts on palladium dr. when its game day.

There is also Darcy Mcgees at 655 terry fox dr. which is a few minutes closer, but not as good imo.
Thanks for the recommendation! If we ended up driving to the game from the city center, how much time should we budget for traffic?

Colin226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation! If we ended up driving to the game from the city center, how much time should we budget for traffic?
I'll echo Don Cherry's. If you make reservations at a table with it's own TV, you can decide on exactly what you want to watch. It has a Rogers Digital Cable box, so you could control the channels and watch the Devils - Rangers on NBC if, for some reason, the bar decides to show something else (which it likely won't).

As for the City Center question, I'm not the best to answer that as I don't go to the game from downtown. Hopefully someone can give you a good answer. Have fun at the game!

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Chip Chipperson

Quote:
I would say at least an hour. 30 minutes to get to Kanata and another 30 to fight traffic getting into the parking lot if everything goes well, but traffic can be pretty erratic in this city.

Old
04-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Thanks for the info guys!! Headed up there now

Colin226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Are there any promos at tonights game?

I was going to buy my son a jersey but I will wait to get to the game if they are on sale again like the season opener.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Chip Chipperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Are there any promos at tonights game?

I was going to buy my son a jersey but I will wait to get to the game if they are on sale again like the season opener.
I don't remember them announcing any deals for tonight at the Pens game, but I don't know for sure.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:26 PM
MasterD

"The Ledge" tickets

Hey guys,

I'm coming from Mtl to Ottawa to see game 4 next week, managed to get tickets in the "Ledge" section. I've read everything I could (searched google and forums) to figure this out, but didn't find my answers, so here goes:

Is the food included only before the game? During? Is it "all you can eat" type or 1 serving per ticket?

Also, are there any drinks included? Beer? Non-alcoholic?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, I'm told traffic gets pretty intense around the arena. How much time, approximately, can I expect to waste between the end of the game and, say, getting on the closest highway?

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Karl Eriksson

vCash: 375
You get one roast beef sandwich, and all you can eat salads until the end of the first I think. Booze is extra.

Karl Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Recent thread http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ighlight=ledge

Kekumba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

FYI, we have a thread about inquiries.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:31 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekumba View Post
Read that thread, didn't answer my questions. Didn't notice how recent it is though, guess I should have posted in there. Sorry.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:36 PM
ybsad

When I went there was a choice (1) of 3 or 4 hot sandwiches, and the salad bar was open until the begining of the 3rd.

ybsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:53 PM
barabr10
UM ya that;s right

Since it's the playoffs you could spend an hour trying to leave the parking lot depending on how early or late you leave the game

barabr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:07 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barabr10 View Post
Since it's the playoffs you could spend an hour trying to leave the parking lot depending on how early or late you leave the game
Shuttle bus ftw

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Coming up for a conference this week so I'll be in town for game 1. Any recommended places to watch it if I'm going solo? Preferably somewhere where I can drink.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbrow View Post
Coming up for a conference this week so I'll be in town for game 1. Any recommended places to watch it if I'm going solo? Preferably somewhere where I can drink.
Sens mile aka Elgin Street. Pick your poison there.

Twitter: @livelikeagypsy
Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:49 PM
backdoorpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
Sens mile aka Elgin Street. Pick your poison there.
the senate has been getting busier each game lately good food and usually deals on to

backdoorpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

So I'm going to be working in Parliament in some international internship deal, I'm staying at UOttawa. Me and a few other interns got tickets to game 4; I imagine we have a way to get to Kanata, like a car or something, but are there any simple public transit routes from UOttawa to SBP, just in case? I'm looking at the map, it's much busier than the Ann Arbor map (durr), so I can't find it.

Also, I know the answer, but just to be certain, if I go to Don Cherry's during the playoffs, I need a reservation, right? Are there any other good places to catch the game? Beggars can't be choosers, but I think I heard that the Dorm TV's are really old school.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordski View Post
So I'm going to be working in Parliament in some international internship deal, I'm staying at UOttawa. Me and a few other interns got tickets to game 4; I imagine we have a way to get to Kanata, like a car or something, but are there any simple public transit routes from UOttawa to SBP, just in case? I'm looking at the map, it's much busier than the Ann Arbor map (durr), so I can't find it.

Also, I know the answer, but just to be certain, if I go to Don Cherry's during the playoffs, I need a reservation, right? Are there any other good places to catch the game? Beggars can't be choosers, but I think I heard that the Dorm TV's are really old school.

Many bars have shuttle busses to games if you eat there first. You can use that if you'd like.

I haven't been to Don Cherry in a long long time so not sure on that,but you can pretty much catch the games in any bar in Ottawa.

Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:16 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
Does anyone know which bars in Ottawa have shuttle buses?

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Smash88

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Does anyone know which bars in Ottawa have shuttle buses?
I know Mclaren's had one last year, not sure if they are still doing it. Local Heroes always has one.. Darcy Mcgee's in Bells Corners has one.

Not too sure about any others downtown but I figure there should be a bunch.

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:41 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
I know Mclaren's had one last year, not sure if they are still doing it. Local Heroes always has one.. Darcy Mcgee's in Bells Corners has one.

Not too sure about any others downtown but I figure there should be a bunch.
Perfect thanks!

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:08 PM
moz
Gute Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordski View Post

If you go to Campus or Laurier station (both part of the UOttawa campus) you can catch the 403 to Scotiabank Place. There are a few buses and they come between 1:30-1:00 before game time (so wait at 5:30 for a 7pm game). Then just catch the same bus (403) home. I think fares are $3.30 per person per way now, or two bus tickets (you can buy them at Rideau mall or most convenience stores). You'll even get a seat since it's so close to the beginning of the route.

05-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
If you go to Campus or Laurier station (both part of the UOttawa campus) you can catch the 403 to Scotiabank Place. There are a few buses and they come between 1:30-1:00 before game time (so wait at 5:30 for a 7pm game). Then just catch the same bus (403) home. I think fares are $3.30 per person per way now, or two bus tickets (you can buy them at Rideau mall or most convenience stores). You'll even get a seat since it's so close to the beginning of the route.
Thanks!!!

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote