HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mika Zibanejad or Kyle Turris

Old
04-24-2013, 12:28 PM
oconnor9sean

vCash: 500
Mika Zibanejad or Kyle Turris

Given the depth that Ottawa has at center, what would be the cost to get one of the young centers from the Sens? Would a 1st round pick + a NHL winger or DMan be enough?

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:31 PM
HavlatMach9

We need a top 6 winger. Turris is the better C than Zibanejad right now but Zibanejad is showing a lot of promise.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Zibanejad is untouchable. Turris just signed a new contract so I doubt he is available either, although I would seriously consider it if the price was right.

Ghost in the Shell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Teeder9

One of these guys is not like the other

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:34 PM
oconnor9sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost in the Shell View Post
Zibanejad is untouchable. Turris just signed a new contract so I doubt he is available either, although I would seriously consider it if the price was right.
Is Zibanejad THAT untouchable considering you have Spezza and Turris there signed long term?

Me personally, as a Stars fan, I'd considering trading Eriksson for Turris+ or Zibanjad+ OR our 1st this year + for either of those two.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:36 PM
SenateReform

You won't find many Sens fans willing to depart with Zibby because he's shown a tonne of promise this season.

Turris is more easily expendable in terms of assets but he fits in well with the core of the team and is signed to a reasonable contract so it's unlikely he would be moved either.

Personally, I'd be ok with trading Turris along with another asset for a scoring winger but unless its a guy with 30 goal + abilities then I wouldn't bother.

SenateReform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Is Zibanejad THAT untouchable consideri you have Spezza and Turris there signed long term?

Me personally, as a Stars fan, I'd considering trading Eriksson for Turris+ or Zibanjad+ OR our 1st this year + for either of those two.
The only real untouchables in Ottawa are Alfredsson, Phillips, Neil (career Senators) and Karlsson (future building block). Spezza would slot in there too, probably, but with his back issues who knows.

I'd part with either Turris or Zibanjead if the price was right. Good, hard-nosed two-way center for Mika, and a pick of some sort or a 2nd round pick/high-end prospect for Turris. Turris' ceiling looks like 40-50 point 2C, Mika harder to evaluate, maybe a 1B center or a 2+ for 50-60 points, hard on the play too.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:44 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Is Zibanejad THAT untouchable considering you have Spezza and Turris there signed long term?

Why would you consider trading Eriksson? I thought he was untouchable and looks like he's signed to an amazing contract. I don't get it.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:44 PM
McNasty

Spezza will be coming off of a pretty serious back injury, I would say it's in Ottawa's best interest to see how he plays next season before worrying about having too many centers.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:48 PM
SenateReform

Quote:

I would do Turris + 1st + ? for Eriksson.

SenateReform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:49 PM
oconnor9sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Why would you consider trading Eriksson? I thought he was untouchable and looks like he's signed to an amazing contract. I don't get it.
Because Dallas needs centers and we have great depth at wing in our system (Chiasson,Ritchie, Smith etc)

I wouldn't be actively shopping Loui, but if he could be used to get a great center, he'd be the biggest name on our team that's trade-able, because Benn/Lehtonen/Dillon/Oleksiak are pretty much untouchable.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:51 PM
416Leafer

I'd be surprised to see a Leafs-Sens trade. But we have plenty of winger depth.

Arguably the primary need on this team is a skilled two-way centre with size. Zibanajed fits that description pretty well. Ottawa's primary need is a top 6 winger.

Anyways, I don't see any trade between the two teams happening. But some trade revolving around JVR for Zibanajed or something like that is pretty intriguing (not saying one for one or who would have to add. But obviously Z-Bad has a lot of value, and wingers like MacArthur, Kulemin, Frattin, etc aren't good enough as the main trade piece in a deal).

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:54 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Spezza will be coming off of a pretty serious back injury, I would say it's in Ottawa's best interest to see how he plays next season before worrying about having too many centers.
Hard to swallow, but this may be wise. Zibanejad is still learning the craft, so he would have no trouble playing a depth role ala Staal in Pittsburgh. Eventually that wore thin though.

Should Spezza's back not recover or prevents him from being effective, a Turris/Zinabejad duo would still be pretty good.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:55 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Would Ottawa be interested in Perron? Or maybe Stewart?

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

I highly doubt the Sens move either. Considering the cost they paid for Turris (Rundblad(who they gave a 1st for) and a 2nd) and Zibs incredible promise, I think Murray stands pat. Centers are the most important forward position and with Spezza's injury, you have to wait.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:16 PM
oconnor9sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenateReform View Post
I would do Turris + 1st + ? for Eriksson.
Your first this year isn't going to be all that valuable. If Eriksson is in the deal, I'd want Zibanejad coming back.

Counter-offer:

Eriksson + Robidas for Zibanejad + Noesen + 2013 2nd

Old
04-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Hale The Villain

Zibanejad will not be moved.

Turris I would move for a top six winger if the right deal came along. Zibanejad has been better than him this season, and I expect that to remain the same going forward.

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:45 PM
guyzeur

Your first this year isn't going to be all that valuable. If Eriksson is in the deal, I'd want Zibanejad coming back.

Counter-offer:

Eriksson + Robidas for Zibanejad + Noesen + 2013 2nd

No need for Robidas

all Sens fans like Zib & Noesen very much, we got no 2013 2nd pick

Please try again.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:52 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Given the depth that Ottawa has at center, what would be the cost to get one of the young centers from the Sens? Would a 1st round pick + a NHL winger or DMan be enough?
why would we trade a 23 year old 2nd line centre + bottom 6 F/Bottom pairing D (is it another way of saying an NHL winger/Dman?) which we have tons of, and your first (which can't be that valuable 12th ) Our first is possible the 17th right now.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

Turris for an equivalent winger or Turris+prospect/pick for someone a bit better is a deal I wouldn't mind. If Zibanejad's play this season is any indication of things to come, then Turris might be more valuable to us in a trade than as a 3C.

His contract is pretty nice though (5 more years at $3.5m, currently 23y/o)

Tap on the Ankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:04 PM
oconnor9sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
why would we trade a 23 year old 2nd line centre + bottom 6 F/Bottom pairing D (is it another way of saying an NHL winger/Dman?) which we have tons of, and your first (which can't be that valuable 12th ) Our first is possible the 17th right now.
I'm having a hard time following you. My OP was our 1st this year + a young NHL level guy like Matt Fraser or Phillip Larsen. Not an old guy like Aaron Rome. Soooo

Old
04-24-2013, 02:09 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
I'm having a hard time following you. My OP was our 1st this year + a young NHL level guy like Matt Fraser or Phillip Larsen. Not an old guy like Aaron Rome. Soooo
I guess you were not very clear...Where did you say in your OP that it's for a young NHL player? Either way, we got plenty of prospects/young NHL guys.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:25 PM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

Zibanejad is showing a lot of promise but he isn't ready to be a permanent fixture for the 2nd line. And you don't trade players like him. Right now Ottawa has very good center depth and there's no need to change that.

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
If you would have asked me last summer, i would have traded Zibby. Now, not so much.

Turris + Noesen + Wiercioch

Eriksson + Morrow.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Jaromir Jagrbombs

Assuming Spezza returns to form, one would assume Turris is the odd man out. Spezza-Zibby-Smith-JOB/JGP looks pretty good down the middle. I'd consider moving Turris for a top 6 winger, even if we had to add a pick or something else. Although ideally we keep Turris for at least another year to let Zibby develop some more and to make sure Spezza's back is good.

Jaromir Jagrbombs is offline   Reply With Quote