HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Game 46: Sharks @ Coyotes | 4-24-13 | 7:00 PM PDT | FS Arizona

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2013, 10:07 AM
  #1
Primrose Everdeen
Let It Go
 
Primrose Everdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midtown Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 59,956
vCash: 100
Game 46: Sharks @ Coyotes | 4-24-13 | 7:00 PM PDT | FS Arizona
































































Primrose Everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:11 AM
  #2
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
 
Trance Kuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth.
Country: United States
Posts: 45,814
vCash: 500

Trance Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:23 AM
  #3
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 1329
Its the "lets tank version", which is funny because San Jose plays in the Shark Tank... I seriously doubt the energy level will be in full force tonight. 8-2 Sharks, Yandle is put in net after Smith pulls something in warmups.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:44 AM
  #4
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Its the "lets tank version", which is funny because San Jose plays in the Shark Tank... I seriously doubt the energy level will be in full force tonight. 8-2 Sharks, Yandle is put in net after Smith pulls something in warmups.
I'd actually enjoy seeing this. Just because it would be something new and different. Are we tying him to the posts a la Mighty Ducks?

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:05 AM
  #5
BigGumby
Registered User
 
BigGumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moon Valley
Country: United States
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I'd actually enjoy seeing this. Just because it would be something new and different. Are we tying him to the posts a la Mighty Ducks?
If he's tied to the posts, he can't turn the puck over.

BigGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
  #6
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 500
Time to tank! Come on sharks!!

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:42 AM
  #7
MIG
Registered User
 
MIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: U.S. of A.
Country: United States
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
We still have a chance!!!

LETS GO YOTES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:43 AM
  #8
Vip
Das it mane
 
Vip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Mexico
Posts: 13,755
vCash: 50
Love the simplicity of the GDT rundblad.

Go sharks.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:55 AM
  #9
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIG View Post
We still have a chance!!!

LETS GO YOTES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AGREED, It ain't over 'til it's over!

The roll over and die attitude (for the sake of percieved improvement) of some of our bretheran here is embarrassing.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:09 PM
  #10
Primrose Everdeen
Let It Go
 
Primrose Everdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midtown Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 59,956
vCash: 100
Going to the game tonight.

Bringing someone with me for once. No more loner Rundblad.

Primrose Everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:12 PM
  #11
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Did not realize Dallas played 'em both.

I however, still stand by my belief that real men don't tank. I am confident the players won't and don't see the front office making drastic changes that would/could guarantee such.


Last edited by Naurutger: 04-24-2013 at 02:53 PM.
kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:30 PM
  #12
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
Boys, it's over...we've been eliminated, there isn't a scenario that exists where we can finish above Columbus, Detroit or Dallas.

It's 100% for sure we are out of the playoffs.

Detroit: LA, Nashville, Dallas (Detroit only needs 1 pt)
Columbus: Dallas, Nashville (Columbus only needs 1 pt)
Dallas: Columbus, Detroit (Dallas only needs 4 pts)

See what I mean, there isn't a combination there we're we can get to 52pts and also have none of the teams get to 52pts...it's impossible.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:51 PM
  #13
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,471
vCash: 500
I vote we let Paul Bissonnette tend goal in these last two games. Also, can we loan out our best players to the teams directly below us in the standings? Doan to Edmonton for a game, Hanzal to Calgary for a game, Yandle to Philly for a game, Vrbata to New Jersey for a game, OEL to Buffalo for a game, etc. That kind of thing?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:54 PM
  #14
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
AGREED, It ain't over 'til it's over!

The roll over and die attitude (for the sake of percieved improvement) of some of our bretheran here is embarrassing.
I think it's the lack of math skills that's embarrassing.

The season is over guys. These last two games do not matter for the sake of standings. If your concern is simply "go out on a high note" than I can respect that. More power to you. Don't tell me, though, that there is no part of you that at least kind of understands the "lose the last two for a better pick" mentality. It's two games, and they could mean the difference between a top line scoring threat of the future and yet another third line banger.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:00 PM
  #15
MIG
Registered User
 
MIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: U.S. of A.
Country: United States
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I think it's the lack of math skills that's embarrassing.

The season is over guys. These last two games do not matter for the sake of standings. If your concern is simply "go out on a high note" than I can respect that. More power to you. Don't tell me, though, that there is no part of you that at least kind of understands the "lose the last two for a better pick" mentality. It's two games, and they could mean the difference between a top line scoring threat of the future and yet another third line banger.
We may not be a playoff team this year, but approaching the game with any other attitude than winning is flat out wrong.

1 or 2 draft positions will not make that much difference...see Edmonton for evidence.

MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:06 PM
  #16
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIG View Post
1 or 2 draft positions will not make that much difference...see Edmonton for evidence.
Oh please, 1 or 2 draft positions can easily make the difference between having a reasonable shot at getting top-tier talent at a position of need (CENTER) and having to choose from more uncertain (i.e. higher % of busting) second-tier talent, esp. this year where talent is pretty top heavy.

I'd invite you to look at the analysis here http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1408859 which breaks down the first round by pick.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:34 PM
  #17
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 1329
Quote:
"@davest4yotes: #Coyotes Head Coach Dave Tippett said defenseman Derek Morris (lower-body injury) and forward Rob Klinkhammer (concussion) are out tonight."
Korpi also was out because of a concussion...glad they got rid of those head-shots...

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:50 PM
  #18
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I think it's the lack of math skills that's embarrassing.

The season is over guys. These last two games do not matter for the sake of standings. If your concern is simply "go out on a high note" than I can respect that. More power to you. Don't tell me, though, that there is no part of you that at least kind of understands the "lose the last two for a better pick" mentality. It's two games, and they could mean the difference between a top line scoring threat of the future and yet another third line banger.
Well my last response (to a deleted post(mod: now restored)) you would have seen it was not my math skills, but rather my lack of being thorough and knowing that the Stars played 'em both.... embarrassing either way!

I also stated that basically any pick is a crap shoot - that there is no guarantee how said pick will turn out and that I don't believe the boys on the ice will tank, nor will management be able to alter the line enough to create the dream scenario of the weak.

While I'm at it - What the hell is the reason for edit below? I typed no such thing - love it when words get put in my mouth.

Well, now I see the mystery delete has returned (well some of it) - NICE WORK
Still have NO IDEA why the original post I responded to, or part of mine has been altered.... where's the "shakehead" when I need it?


Last edited by kihekah19: 04-24-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Be kind, I hate random team fans posting here
kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
  #19
zz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
First must-lose game of the season. I hope the boys don't disappoint.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:54 PM
  #20
MIG
Registered User
 
MIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: U.S. of A.
Country: United States
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Oh please, 1 or 2 draft positions can easily make the difference between having a reasonable shot at getting top-tier talent at a position of need (CENTER) and having to choose from more uncertain (i.e. higher % of busting) second-tier talent, esp. this year where talent is pretty top heavy.

I'd invite you to look at the analysis here http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1408859 which breaks down the first round by pick.
draft position is overrated

Raffi Torres (5th overall) I like his grit, but not a huge point producer. Shane Doan (7th overall) If we could draft another Doan I'd be thrilled, or even another Mikkel Boedker (8th overall), but we are just as likley to get another Kyle turris (3rd overall), or maybe a Blake Wheeler (5th overall)

On the other hand, perhaps GMDM could work some late round magic and get another Radim Vrbata (212th overall), or how about Pavel Datsyuk (171st overall)

I'll say it again, one or two positions in the draft is not enough reason to throw a game. You play to win...always.

MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:58 PM
  #21
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIG View Post
draft position is overrated

Raffi Torres (5th overall) I like his grit, but not a huge point producer. Shane Doan (7th overall) If we could draft another Doan I'd be thrilled, or even another Mikkel Boedker (8th overall), but we are just as likley to get another Kyle turris (3rd overall), or maybe a Blake Wheeler (5th overall)

On the other hand, perhaps GMDM could work some late round magic and get another Radim Vrbata (212th overall), or how about Pavel Datsyuk (171st overall)

I'll say it again, one or two positions in the draft is not enough reason to throw a game. You play to win...always.
It's true, we've not had the best of luck with early picks of late.... I'll take Pavel and the wins.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:59 PM
  #22
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIG View Post
draft position is overrated

Raffi Torres (5th overall) I like his grit, but not a huge point producer. Shane Doan (7th overall) If we could draft another Doan I'd be thrilled, or even another Mikkel Boedker (8th overall), but we are just as likley to get another Kyle turris (3rd overall), or maybe a Blake Wheeler (5th overall)

On the other hand, perhaps GMDM could work some late round magic and get another Radim Vrbata (212th overall), or how about Pavel Datsyuk (171st overall)

I'll say it again, one or two positions in the draft is not enough reason to throw a game. You play to win...always.
Pick and choose all the exceptions you like, but they are exceptions, not the rule. Yes, it's nice when late rounders develop and exceed expectations - we got Yandle in the 4th round (?). But the fact of the matter is that they are rarities that you figuratively can count on with one or two hands, nothing more.

Also forgetting the fact that meaningless wins affect our position in *all* rounds we have a pick in, not just the 1st. So the shift in position is additive.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 02:59 PM
  #23
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
First must-lose game of the season. I hope the boys don't disappoint.
Make no mistake - the boys on the ice will play to win.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 03:04 PM
  #24
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Pick and choose all the exceptions you like, but they are exceptions, not the rule. Yes, it's nice when late rounders develop and exceed expectations - we got Yandle in the 4th round (?). But the fact of the matter is that they are rarities that you figuratively can count on with one or two hands, nothing more.
It's obviously true that the earlier picks are mathmetically preferred and that the later picks that shine are more often the exception, but it is also true that the exceptional individual always plays to win.

What the hell kind of characters would we be supporting if the majority of them decided it was okay to tank?

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 03:38 PM
  #25
Vip
Das it mane
 
Vip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Mexico
Posts: 13,755
vCash: 50
My opinion still stands.

Go sharks.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.