HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Explosions at Marathon Part 14

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2013, 03:49 PM
  #626
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,443
vCash: 500
If people knew what companies like Craft actually do, they would be laughing. Security contractors specialize in security. Not blowing up marathons. They're hired by companies overseas to protect civilians in high risk places. Our military is not a security service, and therefore cannot provide these services.

Their employees often possess rare skill sets attained through years of military and combat experience, very few in law enforcement possess. Therefore they offer training to law enforcement. I know everyone expects former military personnel like SEALs, Army SF, Rangers to go back to a civilian job instead of earning a living using the skills they have honed over a life of service. That's your opinion. Then there's reality.

People need to grow the **** up.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 03:55 PM
  #627
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
If people knew what companies like Craft actually do, they would be laughing. Security contractors specialize in security. Not blowing up marathons. They're hired by companies overseas to protect civilians in high risk places. Our military is not a security service, and therefore cannot provide these services.

Their employees often possess rare skill sets attained through years of military and combat experience, very few in law enforcement possess. Therefore they offer training to law enforcement. I know everyone expects former military personnel like SEALs, Army SF, Rangers to go back to a civilian job instead of earning a living using the skills they have honed over a life of service. That's your opinion. Then there's reality.

People need to grow the **** up.
Who are you ranting at? I haven't seen anybody ((here)) claim they were there to blow up the marathon.

SpokedLightning is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
  #628
qc
Custom User Title
 
qc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,992
vCash: 69
Ya, I agree with Neely08.

For all we know, Craft was there to ensure that there wasn't a chemical or biological attack, hence the strange gear.

qc is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
  #629
schmautzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If people are officially using boxing as an excuse for his behavior I'm moving to the Moon.
Moon landing? Just another piece of government propaganda that never happened.


Last edited by schmautzy: 04-24-2013 at 04:05 PM.
schmautzy is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 03:57 PM
  #630
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
Who are you ranting at? I haven't seen anybody ((here)) claim they were there to blow up the marathon.
Read more closely.

It was suggested that this level of security was brought in because there was chatter about an attack, and that you don't bring in security of that caliber unless you believe a threat is imminent.

It wasn't a rant, it was a good point and good insight.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 03:58 PM
  #631
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
Ya, I agree with Neely08.

For all we know, Craft was there to ensure that there wasn't a chemical or biological attack, hence the strange gear.
Or, they were there because it's the Boston ****ing Marathon, and for all we know, they are there every year and we just don't notice/think to notice.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:00 PM
  #632
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Read more closely.

It was suggested that this level of security was brought in because there was chatter about an attack, and that you don't bring in security of that caliber unless you believe a threat is imminent.

It wasn't a rant, it was a good point and good insight.
Actually I did read it.

SpokedLightning is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:05 PM
  #633
qc
Custom User Title
 
qc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,992
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Or, they were there because it's the Boston ****ing Marathon, and for all we know, they are there every year and we just don't notice/think to notice.
I'm sure they've been there in past years at the Boston Marathon or any major event location for that matter

qc is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:05 PM
  #634
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
Who are you ranting at? I haven't seen anybody ((here)) claim they were there to blow up the marathon.
Because most of those posts are getting deleted.

Some are being cleverly worded and are apparently being allowed to stay. But imply the same thing. Cuckoo for coccopuffs.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:18 PM
  #635
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
I'm sure they've been there in past years at the Boston Marathon or any major event location for that matter
Probably. Difference is in years past nobody combed through photos looking for possible terrorists. Most people who took photos looked at what they wanted to photograph (runners) and filtered the other stuff out.

TCL40 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:20 PM
  #636
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,443
vCash: 500
http://swampland.time.com/2013/04/24...les/?hpt=hp_t2

Good article, and what I was trying to explain the other day. Mountain of difference between intelligence, and evidence that law enforcement agencies (i.e. FBI) can actually act on.

What the office of Homeland Security and the Patriot act were supposed to fix, but didn't.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:25 PM
  #637
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Because most of those posts are getting deleted.

Some are being cleverly worded and are apparently being allowed to stay. But imply the same thing. Cuckoo for coccopuffs.
Gotcha

SpokedLightning is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:36 PM
  #638
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
If people knew what companies like Craft actually do, they would be laughing. Security contractors specialize in security. Not blowing up marathons. They're hired by companies overseas to protect civilians in high risk places. Our military is not a security service, and therefore cannot provide these services.

Their employees often possess rare skill sets attained through years of military and combat experience, very few in law enforcement possess. Therefore they offer training to law enforcement. I know everyone expects former military personnel like SEALs, Army SF, Rangers to go back to a civilian job instead of earning a living using the skills they have honed over a life of service. That's your opinion. Then there's reality.

People need to grow the **** up.
Exactly. They're mainly doing trainings for law enforcement and private security firms. They're the with the good guys, not the bad ones...

LSCII is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:39 PM
  #639
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,897
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Or, they were there because it's the Boston ****ing Marathon, and for all we know, they are there every year and we just don't notice/think to notice.
They are at everything of this magnitude....I wondered why people thought they were suspicious at the time...

WBC8 is online now  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:41 PM
  #640
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
They are at everything of this magnitude....I wondered why people thought they were suspicious at the time...
Because a conspiracy site on the interwebz posted their pictures and claimed they had nefarious intent.

LSCII is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:59 PM
  #641
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
If people knew what companies like Craft actually do, they would be laughing. Security contractors specialize in security. Not blowing up marathons. They're hired by companies overseas to protect civilians in high risk places. Our military is not a security service, and therefore cannot provide these services.

Their employees often possess rare skill sets attained through years of military and combat experience, very few in law enforcement possess. Therefore they offer training to law enforcement. I know everyone expects former military personnel like SEALs, Army SF, Rangers to go back to a civilian job instead of earning a living using the skills they have honed over a life of service. That's your opinion. Then there's reality.

People need to grow the **** up.
SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH don't use logic. Logic is the enemy of hipster conspiracy people

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 05:01 PM
  #642
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
I ****ing hate it that it seems in this day and age people are so quick to try and find a reasonable reason for someone to do some evil ****.

His mommy and daddy never hugged him, He used to be molested, he was bullied........blah blah blah

Why can't people just be evil ****ing *******s?

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 05:03 PM
  #643
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 42,127
vCash: 500
My radio just told me the poop-souled murderers got their powder from fireworks.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 05:04 PM
  #644
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 19,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
I ****ing hate it that it seems in this day and age people are so quick to try and find a reasonable reason for someone to do some evil ****.

His mommy and daddy never hugged him, He used to be molested, he was bullied........blah blah blah

Why can't people just be evil ****ing *******s?
chris rock said it 14 years ago.


robert terwilliger is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 05:08 PM
  #645
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 42,127
vCash: 500
Because if people can find some underlying cause, it makes them think in the future we can seek out that condition in other people and fix it to prevent future tragedies. That's comforting. Definitely more comforting than "sometimes people are just psychotic lunatics who do ****** things."

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 05:21 PM
  #646
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Because if people can find some underlying cause, it makes them think in the future we can seek out that condition in other people and fix it to prevent future tragedies. That's comforting. Definitely more comforting than "sometimes people are just psychotic lunatics who do ****** things."
yes. and people are just looking for something tangible to help make sense of things that defy logic and the blue print in our brains.



part of the healing....

Kovi is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 05:24 PM
  #647
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 42,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
yes. and people are just looking for something tangible to help make sense of things that defy logic and the blue print in our brains.



part of the healing....
Yeah, I saw lots of people trying to do the same thing at VT. People trying to figure out why that ******* would just kill lots of people; what would give someone reason to do that. By all indications, he had no real reason aside from being crazy.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 05:31 PM
  #648
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,633
vCash: 500
Even if he did have a reason....who cares? It doesn't make what he did any more acceptable.

In his mind, he did have a reason...his religion. In our mind, that's crazy. He probably would think our search for a reason other than his religion is equally as insane.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 05:53 PM
  #649
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 42,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Even if he did have a reason....who cares? It doesn't make what he did any more acceptable.

In his mind, he did have a reason...his religion. In our mind, that's crazy. He probably would think our search for a reason other than his religion is equally as insane.
That's how I feel. Even if you do find whatever underlying reason...it's not going to justify what he's done. I don't care how punchdrunk, sad, abused, or lonely someone feels. I don't care if they're unbalanced. It's abundantly clear that this is a horrific thing to do, yet they choose to do it anyways.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
  #650
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,443
vCash: 500
Mother and father of the bombers flying to the US on Thursday.

Supposedly to help the investigation.

Right.

Chaaaaaaaa-chiing.

****in losers.

Neely08 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.