Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Explosions at Marathon Part 14

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Neely08

vCash: 500
If people knew what companies like Craft actually do, they would be laughing. Security contractors specialize in security. Not blowing up marathons. They're hired by companies overseas to protect civilians in high risk places. Our military is not a security service, and therefore cannot provide these services.

Their employees often possess rare skill sets attained through years of military and combat experience, very few in law enforcement possess. Therefore they offer training to law enforcement. I know everyone expects former military personnel like SEALs, Army SF, Rangers to go back to a civilian job instead of earning a living using the skills they have honed over a life of service. That's your opinion. Then there's reality.

People need to grow the **** up.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:55 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
If people knew what companies like Craft actually do, they would be laughing. Security contractors specialize in security. Not blowing up marathons. They're hired by companies overseas to protect civilians in high risk places. Our military is not a security service, and therefore cannot provide these services.

Their employees often possess rare skill sets attained through years of military and combat experience, very few in law enforcement possess. Therefore they offer training to law enforcement. I know everyone expects former military personnel like SEALs, Army SF, Rangers to go back to a civilian job instead of earning a living using the skills they have honed over a life of service. That's your opinion. Then there's reality.

Who are you ranting at? I haven't seen anybody ((here)) claim they were there to blow up the marathon.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
qc
Custom User Title

vCash: 69
Ya, I agree with Neely08.

For all we know, Craft was there to ensure that there wasn't a chemical or biological attack, hence the strange gear.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If people are officially using boxing as an excuse for his behavior I'm moving to the Moon.
Moon landing? Just another piece of government propaganda that never happened.

Last edited by schmautzy: 04-24-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old
04-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
Who are you ranting at? I haven't seen anybody ((here)) claim they were there to blow up the marathon.
Read more closely.

It was suggested that this level of security was brought in because there was chatter about an attack, and that you don't bring in security of that caliber unless you believe a threat is imminent.

It wasn't a rant, it was a good point and good insight.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
Ya, I agree with Neely08.

For all we know, Craft was there to ensure that there wasn't a chemical or biological attack, hence the strange gear.
Or, they were there because it's the Boston ****ing Marathon, and for all we know, they are there every year and we just don't notice/think to notice.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:00 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Read more closely.

It was suggested that this level of security was brought in because there was chatter about an attack, and that you don't bring in security of that caliber unless you believe a threat is imminent.

It wasn't a rant, it was a good point and good insight.
Actually I did read it.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:05 PM
qc
Custom User Title

vCash: 69
Quote:
Or, they were there because it's the Boston ****ing Marathon, and for all we know, they are there every year and we just don't notice/think to notice.
I'm sure they've been there in past years at the Boston Marathon or any major event location for that matter

Old
04-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
Because most of those posts are getting deleted.

Some are being cleverly worded and are apparently being allowed to stay. But imply the same thing. Cuckoo for coccopuffs.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:18 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
I'm sure they've been there in past years at the Boston Marathon or any major event location for that matter
Probably. Difference is in years past nobody combed through photos looking for possible terrorists. Most people who took photos looked at what they wanted to photograph (runners) and filtered the other stuff out.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Neely08

http://swampland.time.com/2013/04/24...les/?hpt=hp_t2

Good article, and what I was trying to explain the other day. Mountain of difference between intelligence, and evidence that law enforcement agencies (i.e. FBI) can actually act on.

What the office of Homeland Security and the Patriot act were supposed to fix, but didn't.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:25 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Because most of those posts are getting deleted.

Some are being cleverly worded and are apparently being allowed to stay. But imply the same thing. Cuckoo for coccopuffs.
Gotcha

Old
04-24-2013, 04:36 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Exactly. They're mainly doing trainings for law enforcement and private security firms. They're the with the good guys, not the bad ones...

Old
04-24-2013, 04:39 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
They are at everything of this magnitude....I wondered why people thought they were suspicious at the time...

Old
04-24-2013, 04:41 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
They are at everything of this magnitude....I wondered why people thought they were suspicious at the time...
Because a conspiracy site on the interwebz posted their pictures and claimed they had nefarious intent.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:

SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH don't use logic. Logic is the enemy of hipster conspiracy people

Old
04-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I ****ing hate it that it seems in this day and age people are so quick to try and find a reasonable reason for someone to do some evil ****.

His mommy and daddy never hugged him, He used to be molested, he was bullied........blah blah blah

Why can't people just be evil ****ing *******s?

Old
04-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

My radio just told me the poop-souled murderers got their powder from fireworks.

04-24-2013, 05:04 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
I ****ing hate it that it seems in this day and age people are so quick to try and find a reasonable reason for someone to do some evil ****.

His mommy and daddy never hugged him, He used to be molested, he was bullied........blah blah blah

Why can't people just be evil ****ing *******s?
chris rock said it 14 years ago.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Because if people can find some underlying cause, it makes them think in the future we can seek out that condition in other people and fix it to prevent future tragedies. That's comforting. Definitely more comforting than "sometimes people are just psychotic lunatics who do ****** things."

Old
04-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Because if people can find some underlying cause, it makes them think in the future we can seek out that condition in other people and fix it to prevent future tragedies. That's comforting. Definitely more comforting than "sometimes people are just psychotic lunatics who do ****** things."
yes. and people are just looking for something tangible to help make sense of things that defy logic and the blue print in our brains.

part of the healing....

Old
04-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
yes. and people are just looking for something tangible to help make sense of things that defy logic and the blue print in our brains.

part of the healing....
Yeah, I saw lots of people trying to do the same thing at VT. People trying to figure out why that ******* would just kill lots of people; what would give someone reason to do that. By all indications, he had no real reason aside from being crazy.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Even if he did have a reason....who cares? It doesn't make what he did any more acceptable.

In his mind, he did have a reason...his religion. In our mind, that's crazy. He probably would think our search for a reason other than his religion is equally as insane.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Even if he did have a reason....who cares? It doesn't make what he did any more acceptable.

In his mind, he did have a reason...his religion. In our mind, that's crazy. He probably would think our search for a reason other than his religion is equally as insane.
That's how I feel. Even if you do find whatever underlying reason...it's not going to justify what he's done. I don't care how punchdrunk, sad, abused, or lonely someone feels. I don't care if they're unbalanced. It's abundantly clear that this is a horrific thing to do, yet they choose to do it anyways.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Neely08

Mother and father of the bombers flying to the US on Thursday.

Supposedly to help the investigation.

Right.

Chaaaaaaaa-chiing.

****in losers.

Closed Thread