HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Hf Lightning League Trade Block/Rosters

Old
04-24-2013, 04:03 PM
matt1396

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusto View Post
Even with Leino's Salary the Jets still have 15.259M in cap space. Plus it's not like he's signed for 10 years at 5M, he only has 3 years left on his contract. And as said before Rupp may not be anything special but he's a solid bottom 6 player, the only other player the Jets have that can hit while not being a liability on the ice is Rinaldo.

I'm not arguing with you here and as said before I'll still respect whatever decision you make, but you can't look at this trade on paper, nor can you let the players abilities/reputations in real life factor into how you view this deal. You have to look at it from a hockey standpoint judging them by their in-game attributes, and what the deal does to both rosters. In this case I believe that this was a good hockey trade as both clubs got better.
even though Leino's salary is 5M for 3 years we are likely only going to have 3 or 4 more seasons before NHL 14, so that isn't a good contract. Sure the Jets have a ton of cap space but what if he runs into cap issues later or wants to spend that $5M on someone better than Leino because you can get better players for $5M. Leino's in game attributes are alright but this is a salary dump+bottom 6 forward for a really good defensive prospect and a good one. If the trade was Leino+Rupp for Sauve+ i'd be fine with it, but not for Gudbranson+Sauve.

matt1396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 04:24 PM
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
normally I would only review trades on stars, but this deal is pretty bad, if Leino's salary wasn't so bad I wouldn't be so apposed to this but his salary is bad, Rupp isn't anything special and Gudbranson is pretty damn good, it just needs some evening out.
He's not that good. Leino has more value to the Jets as I am VERY weak down the middle and have surplus on D, and boatloads of cap space.

The only reason to nix a deal as a commissioner is if you think two guys are friends and are stacking one team up only for the other guy to quit. Other than that it's just your opinion that the deal is lopsided and should need league members' votes. IMO the Phanuef to TOR deal was lopsided but hey thats hockey. EVERY trade EVERY fan thinks one team lost or won. You can't nix deals that you think are bad. The deal was actually very good for the Jets.

Anyways, I appreciate you trying to help tho. Not sure if the deal was officially canceled but you can go ahead and do it. I think we have a bigger deal in the works.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 06:19 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
He's not that good. Leino has more value to the Jets as I am VERY weak down the middle and have surplus on D, and boatloads of cap space.

The only reason to nix a deal as a commissioner is if you think two guys are friends and are stacking one team up only for the other guy to quit. Other than that it's just your opinion that the deal is lopsided and should need league members' votes. IMO the Phanuef to TOR deal was lopsided but hey thats hockey. EVERY trade EVERY fan thinks one team lost or won. You can't nix deals that you think are bad. The deal was actually very good for the Jets.

Anyways, I appreciate you trying to help tho. Not sure if the deal was officially canceled but you can go ahead and do it. I think we have a bigger deal in the works.
if you have a bigger deal in the works then ill nix this one so you guys can use these players in it.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:02 PM
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle

I have Leino and Rupp on my roster. So the trade was put through?

Old
04-25-2013, 01:42 PM
matt1396

I didn't accept it or reject it so I guess the game put it through even though I don't want it to be put through.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:03 PM
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle

Must've went through automatically when you simmed.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:08 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
I didn't accept it or reject it so I guess the game put it through even though I don't want it to be put through.
meh of trades on here it wasn thtat bad, gudbranson,aha never seen him really devolep that great or justify ths cost of his salary, this would be one deal that dosent really matter if it went through

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:18 PM
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle

Also, with both their injuries, and Voynov and Orlov taking their places, I would've had to send them to the minors, and by that putting them on waivers. I would've lost them for nothing. Glad I got Leino and Rupp I desperately needed some center depth.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:25 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Also, with both their injuries, and Voynov and Orlov taking their places, I would've had to send them to the minors, and by that putting them on waivers. I would've lost them for nothing. Glad I got Leino and Rupp I desperately needed some center depth.
there are no waivers in this league so don't worry you wouldn't have lost them, but if you guys and other people like this trade then I guess ill let it go through.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:03 PM
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle

Quote:
there are no waivers in this league so don't worry you wouldn't have lost them, but if you guys and other people like this trade then I guess ill let it go through.
There aren't?! ****!!!

Old
04-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Antti Niemi is 12-4-0 with a 1.25 G.A.A , 94.1 sv% and 6 shutouts.. not to often a goalie with a stat line like that is on the trade block... Any takers?

Malakian#13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:38 AM
TheLarsonator

vCash: 473
are looking to ship out Irving, if anyone is interested or sees something on my roster not named Hall/Eberle/Hamilton just send me an offer

TheLarsonator is online now   Reply With Quote