HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 12:55 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habster33 View Post
Still can believe your comparing Dybnyk with Price..
Yeah.. I can't deal with that. There's extremes you get to where you know there's no point in trying to debate with a person anymore.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:58 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Still can believe your comparing Dybnyk with Price..
Why not? People are too cuaght up in what Price can be rather than what he is right now. Right now, he's not that good.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:00 PM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
To moderator the 1993 habs had the most french Canadiens?More than 50's habs or 70's habs.How did Dave Keon end up as a leaf or how did Jean Rateele end up a ranger.So many children on this site.
How does that have anything to do with anything?

Old
04-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
To moderator the 1993 habs had the most french Canadiens?More than 50's habs or 70's habs.How did Dave Keon end up as a leaf or how did Jean Rateele end up a ranger.So many children on this site.
....and Rod Gibert, Bernie Parent, Pronovost, Pit Martin, and the list goes on.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yeah.. I can't deal with that. There's extremes you get to where you know there's no point in trying to debate with a person anymore.
You're darn right.

If you are too lazy or honest to see straight facts, then, of course, no need to debate with you.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:08 PM
thom

Thanks for responding,my point was in 1993 there were 3 to 4 times the amount of clubs that there were in 50's and Serge Savard was able to draft many french canadiens even if rules were different.As for Ratelle and Keon mistakes were still made even then.The MAPLE LEAFS couldhave had Jean Beliveau but they decided not too.Frank Selke bought the qUEBEC senior league and sighned 23 yrs old Belevieu.Jean was making a lot of money back then

Old
04-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Why not? People are too cuaght up in what Price can be rather than what he is right now. Right now, he's not that good.
And Dubnyk was NEVER that good either. Because comparing a top 3 G in the league to basically a top 30 G in the league is absolutely stupid. So alright Price is not being that good lately, I agree. But the team hasn't been good either. It's easy to judge someone for a few games but you have to look at what he accomplished already.

Did you forgot about it already? Are you to blind to see that we have a G that 29 others teams in the NHL would want?

Old
04-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
And Dubnyk was NEVER that good either. Because comparing a top 3 G in the league to basically a top 30 G in the league is absolutely stupid. So alright Price is not being that good lately, I agree. But the team hasn't been good either. It's easy to judge someone for a few games but you have to look at what he accomplished already.

Did you forgot about it already? Are you to blind to see that we have a G that 29 others teams in the NHL would want?
Since when Price is a top three goalie in tbis league ? He is a .500 goalie if you add losses and OT +SO losses.

He is not only the most overated player in Montreal, but the most overated in the whole NHL.

And I did not propse a Price for Dubnyk staight. I was asking for Edmonton' s. 1st round pick.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:13 PM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
You're darn right.

If you are too lazy or honest to see straight facts, then, of course, no need to debate with you.
The fact is that never again Dubnyk and Price should ever be compared again.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
The fact is that never again Dubnyk and Price should ever be compared again.
You are right.

If you start comparing them, you will soon find out that Price is overated and overpriced.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:47 PM
LePoche69

I'm not ready to compare Price to Dubnik yet, but it isn't as far fetch as some may think.

People seems to forget that Dubnik is also a first round draft pick, around the same age as Price, and comparable stats recently, with a mediocre team defensively.

At one point, Price will have to stop being potential, and start delivering.

What is starting to get on my nerves is that when the team has a bad start and one or two goal are scored, you can see that Price is affected by looking at his body language. He starts to move slower, and seems desinterested. I would like a goalie that fights in the same game, not just the next game.

Otherwise, I don't mind having a goalie that has bad period from time to time, it happens to every goalie. But that save% is starting to have me wondering...

Old
04-24-2013, 02:47 PM

Okay Oiler fans here is my proposal:

Price, Moen, White, Markov

For

Hall, Smid, Dubnyk, Klefbom

I really don't want Dubnyk so I can't see this ever happening.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Rick16

I'm bored in class right now, so I thought about what I would love the habs to be next year. I know this won't happen, I'm just dreaming a little.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Clarkson
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Clowe-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Maroon-Prust-Boll or Clifford

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Murray

Old
04-24-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
I'm bored in class right now, so I thought about what I would love the habs to be next year. I know this won't happen, I'm just dreaming a little.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Clarkson
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Clowe-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Maroon-Prust-Boll or Clifford

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Murray
Yes yes yes

Old
04-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I'm not ready to compare Price to Dubnik yet, but it isn't as far fetch as some may think.

People seems to forget that Dubnik is also a first round draft pick, around the same age as Price, and comparable stats recently, with a mediocre team defensively.

At one point, Price will have to stop being potential, and start delivering.

What is starting to get on my nerves is that when the team has a bad start and one or two goal are scored, you can see that Price is affected by looking at his body language. He starts to move slower, and seems desinterested. I would like a goalie that fights in the same game, not just the next game.

Otherwise, I don't mind having a goalie that has bad period from time to time, it happens to every goalie. But that save% is starting to have me wondering...
I'm not ready to compare Kristo to Eberle but it's not as far-fetched as it seems.

Like Dubnyk, Kristo hasn't done squat in the NHL either.

Both Kristo and Eberle were dafted in the same year and both would of been drafted in the 1st round if only a team would of used a 1st round pick on Kristo but let's not hold that against him. What's starting to get on my nerves is that the Habs haven't even given Kristo a roster spot when the Bulldogs season was done, after all he has been there for a week or two.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:36 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'm not ready to compare Kristo to Eberle but it's not as far-fetched as it seems.

Like Dubnyk, Kristo hasn't done squat in the NHL either.

Both Kristo and Eberle were dafted in the same year and both would of been drafted in the 1st round if only a team would of used a 1st round pick on Kristo but let's not hold that against him. What's starting to get on my nerves is that the Habs haven't even given Kristo a roster spot when the Bulldogs season was done, after all he has been there for a week or two.
wow... talk about a reply. At least, the last I check, Dubnyk and Price are both in the NHL... Why are you bringing a comparison Eberle-Kristo to make your point? One isn't even in the NHL... It doesn't add anything to the point I was making earlier.

Anyway, if you read well, I wasn't saying Dubnyk is as good as Price. All I'm saying is that both are young goaltenders drarfted in the first round, both are their respective team's #1 goalie, and that Dubnyk's stats aren't all that far from Price recently (even better in some case). Therefore, in a year or two, comparing the two won't seems as ridiculous as some here are stating... Who's to say Dubnyk won't have better results with a better d-fense?

Old
04-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Demers is a very average d man.

Ifyou can trade Bourque + ??? For Pajarvi or Stalberg, that's fine. But I would prefer Bickell, anytime to play on our third line.
First off, this thread got really dumb, really fast. Price vs. Dubnyk? Seriously? Trading away Galchenyuk?

Secondly, Bourque is worth more than both of those FREE AGENTS or Paajarvi. Demers is an average top-4 dman who would be traded for DD and a prospect, let's not get too picky here. He's a good two-way player with acceptable size and physicality.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Fergy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
We need to get Clarkson. He is a lot better than I thought. He is like Hartnell V 2.0. He will get a big payout this summer though.
No way Clarkson is leaving New Jersey unless it's a HUGE overpayment. Watched the game on MSG+ last night and the announcers made a big point how Clarkson said DeBoer was the best coach he ever played for and will be back next year.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Ginu

I'd like to know how old Maltese and hockeyfan2k11 are

Old
04-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd like to know how old Maltese and hockeyfan2k11 are
Maybe there are just several people on here with poorly thought out opinions and questionable levels of intelligence? Young or old, if you're saying Dubnyk is better than or equal to Price......?

Hopefully it's just the losing streak.

Anyway,

Who has a good trade proposal?

Old
04-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I don't know who will take these spot but for me in the future the forward are

Paccioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-xxxx
xxxx-Galchenyuk-xxxx
Prust-Dumont-White

Desharnais and Gionta have to go

Old
04-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
wow... talk about a reply. At least, the last I check, Dubnyk and Price are both in the NHL... Why are you bringing a comparison Eberle-Kristo to make your point? One isn't even in the NHL... It doesn't add anything to the point I was making earlier.

Anyway, if you read well, I wasn't saying Dubnyk is as good as Price. All I'm saying is that both are young goaltenders drarfted in the first round, both are their respective team's #1 goalie, and that Dubnyk's stats aren't all that far from Price recently (even better in some case). Therefore, in a year or two, comparing the two won't seems as ridiculous as some here are stating... Who's to say Dubnyk won't have better results with a better d-fense?
Kristo is a closer comparison to Eberle then Dubnyk is to Price and in a year or two when Kristo starts playing in the NHL, you'll see for yourself.

Kristo chose to play out his university eligibilty, which I think for a lot of players is the smarter choice in regards to their hockey career.

I think your focus on stats is misleading, the Habs play a style of hockey that if the play go outside their containment box the opposing player has an opportunity that has a high percentage of scoring. It is the downside of Therrien's system.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I don't know who will take these spot but for me in the future the forward are

Paccioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-xxxx
xxxx-Galchenyuk-xxxx
Prust-Dumont-White

Desharnais and Gionta have to go
After next year, Gionta will be gone. He has a full NTC, very unlikely he gets traded. I think the big one for everybody is Desharnais. Hasn't brought a lot to the team that it doesn't already have. Center depth is great but I think our Centers are all capable of of playing throughout the lineup. Stephen Weiss is a player I think the Habs might consider going after. Year after year there were talks of the Habs being interested if I remember correctly. He can play wing and centre. Likely good for 50pts, not very big but plays a good two-way game, would fit nicely on the 2nd line, ready to play center if there's an injury. Hopefully he's recovered from his own injury.

White has not conducted himself well this year and I believe he is done as a Hab. We can sign any big 4th liner and I'll be happy.

Stalberg is big, fast, 27yrs old and can potentially fill a top-6 role if there are injuries. He'd fit very well on our team with a reasonable contract. He is my #1 Free Agent signing.

The rest of the free agents that could fill in on our 3rd line I would rank as follows:
Clarkson, Clowe, Bickell, Morrow, Penner, Torres, Gagne

So if we were to make no trades and only make Free Agent signings it would be:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Weiss
Stalberg-Galchenyuk-Gionta/Bickell
Prust-Dumont-Torres
(Moen)

It all fits under the cap. Keeps the team's identity. Same style of play but bigger. Defence is a big need.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Would we take a chance on Komisarek assuming Toronto buys him out? Could be a nice reclamation project for 1 year at 1-1.5 mil. Physically he should be fresh as a daisy having not played this year.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
After next year, Gionta will be gone. He has a full NTC, very unlikely he gets traded. I think the big one for everybody is Desharnais. Hasn't brought a lot to the team that it doesn't already have. Center depth is great but I think our Centers are all capable of of playing throughout the lineup. Stephen Weiss is a player I think the Habs might consider going after. Year after year there were talks of the Habs being interested if I remember correctly. He can play wing and centre. Likely good for 50pts, not very big but plays a good two-way game, would fit nicely on the 2nd line, ready to play center if there's an injury. Hopefully he's recovered from his own injury.

White has not conducted himself well this year and I believe he is done as a Hab. We can sign any big 4th liner and I'll be happy.

Stalberg is big, fast, 27yrs old and can potentially fill a top-6 role if there are injuries. He'd fit very well on our team with a reasonable contract. He is my #1 Free Agent signing.

The rest of the free agents that could fill in on our 3rd line I would rank as follows:
Clarkson, Clowe, Bickell, Morrow, Penner, Torres, Gagne

So if we were to make no trades and only make Free Agent signings it would be:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Weiss
Stalberg-Galchenyuk-Gionta/Bickell
Prust-Dumont-Torres
(Moen)

It all fits under the cap. Keeps the team's identity. Same style of play but bigger. Defence is a big need.
I really hope the Habs can sign a player like Stalberg

I think Leblanc might have a chançe to make the team. If he have a good camp I think the Habs will give him a chance

Closed Thread