Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
To me, this is just as hard to read. If you guys don't like others posting in the Windsor thread, don't read it. I feel like we're back in grade school... "you stay on your side, we'll stay on our side!" Who cares??
I agree with you OHL, Simon was making a point about brining along imports slowly and referenced a scenario with the Knights. (just being compartive to illustrate a point). I don't see how it is different with the two posts after by Ares and nobody jumps on him about it.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
I was listening online to the game off CJBK and that big mouth obnoxious playbyplay guy of theirs even refers to the color of their uniforms as HUNTER green.

Sickening.....

Not sure if you're old enough to remember the Mary Tyler Moore Show but Mike Stubbs the Gnats play x play guy seems to me he's doing his darnest to do his best Ted Baxter impersonation!

Old
04-22-2013, 11:30 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
I agree with you OHL, Simon was making a point about brining along imports slowly and referenced a scenario with the Knights. (just being compartive to illustrate a point). I don't see how it is different with the two posts after by Ares and nobody jumps on him about it.
Not sure if its different or not.
But Ive made friends here as well, Simons not alone in his perceived trolling

Old
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Not sure if its different or not.
But Ive made friends here as well, Simons not alone in his perceived trolling
I don't care either way...comments are comments. You can agree or disagree or not comment at all. I just found it odd that two people do the same thing, yet only one gets called out on it. Ok, back to 'my board' I go....

Old
04-22-2013, 12:34 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Simon has done this before. I looked at Ares post and it doesn't come off the same way as Simon's. Then Simon's post was refuted with facts of how well Windsor has drafted in the import draft with Rychel and you notice Simon has not returned. Simon was flat out trolling, he should be more concerned about his Knights.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Simon has done this before. I looked at Ares post and it doesn't come off the same way as Simon's. Then Simon's post was refuted with facts of how well Windsor has drafted in the import draft with Rychel and you notice Simon has not returned. Simon was flat out trolling, he should be more concerned about his Knights.
That's fair, I respect your viewpoint especially since you know of a history as I do not. Knights and Knights fans should be concerned....got our hands full with a helluva hockey team!
On another note, I was impressed with Windsors draft, I thought they did better than I expected.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:12 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
That's fair, I respect your viewpoint especially since you know of a history as I do not. Knights and Knights fans should be concerned....got our hands full with a helluva hockey team!
On another note, I was impressed with Windsors draft, I thought they did better than I expected.
In regards to Windsor I will wait and see, as is most areas of sports it's a show me game. For a couple years Warren had earned the benefit of the doubt but he has to prove it all over again imo. They are right where they were after year 1 Rychel-Boughner and that shouldn't be the case going into year 8 of ownership. Lots of work needs to be done to win back fans.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:22 PM
coachfluffy

Quote:
Lots of work needs to be done to win back fans.
On that note, I did receive my thank you card from the team for being a STH, signed by Boughner and the ticket person. Not sure I would have received it if we had renewed by now.

Not sure if we are renewing or going to go by game and fit in more Express games. I found the basketball more entertaining this year.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:28 PM
big papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachfluffy View Post
On that note, I did receive my thank you card from the team for being a STH, signed by Boughner and the ticket person. Not sure I would have received it if we had renewed by now.

Not sure if we are renewing or going to go by game and fit in more Express games. I found the basketball more entertaining this year.
It is pretty entertaining as its semi-pro much like how the ECHL is for hockey

Old
04-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Ottomatic

Speaking of ECHL - Nick Ebert has 9 points in 10 games playing there in the Kings Org. 3 assists in four regular season games, and now 2 goals and 4 assists in 6 play-off games.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123311

Old
04-23-2013, 06:22 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Speaking of ECHL - Nick Ebert has 9 points in 10 games playing there in the Kings Org. 3 assists in four regular season games, and now 2 goals and 4 assists in 6 play-off games.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123311
Good for Ebert....hope he does exceptionally well. If he continues to play well it can only mean good things for the Spitfires.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
scokan

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Good for Ebert....hope he does exceptionally well. If he continues to play well it can only mean good things for the Spitfires.
yeah for his trade value..

Old
04-23-2013, 11:53 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by scokan View Post
You've been reading my mail. He's one that I expect to see traded once the trading window opens and before the season starts. By that time the OHL will have put a nail in the Spit's Memorial Cup coffin, the STH will have an-teed up and the Spits mantra will be this is not a re-build but a tweaking of the roster.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scokan View Post
More than likely as Koekkoek and Sieloff will anchor the top two pairings, each with a youngster paired with them I'd assume.

Just strange to me that Ebert is playing so well, at least just looking at the stat sheet, in a grown mans league than he does with the Spits. Might open his eyes (and the Kings as well) a bit to see a change of scenery is what he needs in the OHL.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
More than likely as Koekkoek and Sieloff will anchor the top two pairings, each with a youngster paired with them I'd assume.

Just strange to me that Ebert is playing so well, at least just looking at the stat sheet, in a grown mans league than he does with the Spits. Might open his eyes (and the Kings as well) a bit to see a change of scenery is what he needs in the OHL.
How do you know he is playing well?, is he puting up good points, sure he is BUT in his first season here he put up great points along side Ellis(41 points), but defensively he was a mess, So is he playing solid defensively with Ontario or is he just playing good offensively. I want a D man that thinks defense first and the points will follow.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:40 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
How do you know he is playing well?, is he puting up good points, sure he is BUT in his first season here he put up great points along side Ellis(41 points), but defensively he was a mess, So is he playing solid defensively with Ontario or is he just playing good offensively. I want a D man that thinks defense first and the points will follow.
There was an article in their local paper raving about how well he has played so I take it to mean he probably has been that good.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/reign/c...bert-making-an

"I've only been here about a week, and I've learned so much already," Ebert said of Hardy's coaching. "It's pretty amazing the stuff that he knows. It's a real honor to have him as a coach. Just real fortunate to be coached by him and the rest of the guys here. He's one of the better coaches that I've seen and played for. So it's pretty nice for sure."

Old
04-23-2013, 02:35 PM
coachfluffy

Quote:
Just wondering if maybe a different coaching style may be the difference. It is possible that Ebert needs to be stroked rather than beaten by the coaches. These players have been stars all their lives and probably haven't heard a whole lot of negative until junior.

Thinking out loud, any thoughts on any careers that have been ended in Juniors because they ended up with a coaching style that they could not thrive under?

Old
04-24-2013, 04:16 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Done what ?

We were discussing the pair of import picks Windsor will draw from. I also said landing two outta the box that fit right in is rare unless you have great deals set up prior. Both Ryc / Boog are over there at worlds so they are prolly looking at some deals now.

If you cannot even discuss teams draft without getting nailed for trolling I am beginning to think your all a little too sensitive. ( just a tad )

Time to lighten up man......

Old
04-24-2013, 04:26 AM
BrianA

Define trolling

Old
04-24-2013, 11:12 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Done what ?

We were discussing the pair of import picks Windsor will draw from. I also said landing two outta the box that fit right in is rare unless you have great deals set up prior. Both Ryc / Boog are over there at worlds so they are prolly looking at some deals now.

If you cannot even discuss teams draft without getting nailed for trolling I am beginning to think your all a little too sensitive. ( just a tad )

Time to lighten up man......
Then when I showed the Spits track record in the import draft you were quiet.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
Define trolling
Anything RayzorIsDull doesn't agree with or has trouble refuting

Alls good RID...just takin a jab

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 04-24-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old
04-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Sec108

Nice to see Mike Vellucci calling out the league over the terrible officiating, that seems to be again changing outcomes again in this bush league.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Nice to see Mike Vellucci calling out the league over the terrible officiating, that seems to be again changing outcomes again in this bush league.
So then stop watching the 'bush league'. Bad officiating has been the case in this league for the 25years ive been watching. Happens to all teams, get used to it. If your response has to do with a Knights or Hunter conspiracy, please save it.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Sec108

Quote:
So then stop watching the 'bush league'. Bad officiating has been the case in this league for the 25years ive been watching. Happens to all teams, get used to it. If your response has to do with a Knights or Hunter conspiracy, please save it.
Oh I know its never a conspiracy with the Hunters and co. but since your so interested in what we say on the Windsor board all you London fans know this......

We had a great summer knowing you lost the mem cup and were waiting to celebrate your losses this season also.

To 99.9% of us its "ANYONE BUT LONDON"

Old
04-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Have learned a long time ago it's no use arguing/reasoning with him. Let him have is conspiracies.

Closed Thread