HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 07:40 AM
  #401
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja
 
Knights77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Section 314
Country: Canada
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
To me, this is just as hard to read. If you guys don't like others posting in the Windsor thread, don't read it. I feel like we're back in grade school... "you stay on your side, we'll stay on our side!" Who cares??
I agree with you OHL, Simon was making a point about brining along imports slowly and referenced a scenario with the Knights. (just being compartive to illustrate a point). I don't see how it is different with the two posts after by Ares and nobody jumps on him about it.

Knights77 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:35 AM
  #402
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
I was listening online to the game off CJBK and that big mouth obnoxious playbyplay guy of theirs even refers to the color of their uniforms as HUNTER green.

Sickening.....

Not sure if you're old enough to remember the Mary Tyler Moore Show but Mike Stubbs the Gnats play x play guy seems to me he's doing his darnest to do his best Ted Baxter impersonation!

Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 11:30 AM
  #403
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
I agree with you OHL, Simon was making a point about brining along imports slowly and referenced a scenario with the Knights. (just being compartive to illustrate a point). I don't see how it is different with the two posts after by Ares and nobody jumps on him about it.
Not sure if its different or not.
But Ive made friends here as well, Simons not alone in his perceived trolling

aresknights is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
  #404
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja
 
Knights77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Section 314
Country: Canada
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Not sure if its different or not.
But Ive made friends here as well, Simons not alone in his perceived trolling
I don't care either way...comments are comments. You can agree or disagree or not comment at all. I just found it odd that two people do the same thing, yet only one gets called out on it. Ok, back to 'my board' I go....

Knights77 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:34 PM
  #405
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
I agree with you OHL, Simon was making a point about brining along imports slowly and referenced a scenario with the Knights. (just being compartive to illustrate a point). I don't see how it is different with the two posts after by Ares and nobody jumps on him about it.
Simon has done this before. I looked at Ares post and it doesn't come off the same way as Simon's. Then Simon's post was refuted with facts of how well Windsor has drafted in the import draft with Rychel and you notice Simon has not returned. Simon was flat out trolling, he should be more concerned about his Knights.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 01:20 PM
  #406
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja
 
Knights77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Section 314
Country: Canada
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Simon has done this before. I looked at Ares post and it doesn't come off the same way as Simon's. Then Simon's post was refuted with facts of how well Windsor has drafted in the import draft with Rychel and you notice Simon has not returned. Simon was flat out trolling, he should be more concerned about his Knights.
That's fair, I respect your viewpoint especially since you know of a history as I do not. Knights and Knights fans should be concerned....got our hands full with a helluva hockey team!
On another note, I was impressed with Windsors draft, I thought they did better than I expected.

Knights77 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 03:12 PM
  #407
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
That's fair, I respect your viewpoint especially since you know of a history as I do not. Knights and Knights fans should be concerned....got our hands full with a helluva hockey team!
On another note, I was impressed with Windsors draft, I thought they did better than I expected.
In regards to Windsor I will wait and see, as is most areas of sports it's a show me game. For a couple years Warren had earned the benefit of the doubt but he has to prove it all over again imo. They are right where they were after year 1 Rychel-Boughner and that shouldn't be the case going into year 8 of ownership. Lots of work needs to be done to win back fans.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 05:22 PM
  #408
coachfluffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Lots of work needs to be done to win back fans.
On that note, I did receive my thank you card from the team for being a STH, signed by Boughner and the ticket person. Not sure I would have received it if we had renewed by now.

Not sure if we are renewing or going to go by game and fit in more Express games. I found the basketball more entertaining this year.

coachfluffy is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:28 PM
  #409
big papa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachfluffy View Post
On that note, I did receive my thank you card from the team for being a STH, signed by Boughner and the ticket person. Not sure I would have received it if we had renewed by now.

Not sure if we are renewing or going to go by game and fit in more Express games. I found the basketball more entertaining this year.
It is pretty entertaining as its semi-pro much like how the ECHL is for hockey

big papa is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:28 PM
  #410
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,851
vCash: 500
Speaking of ECHL - Nick Ebert has 9 points in 10 games playing there in the Kings Org. 3 assists in four regular season games, and now 2 goals and 4 assists in 6 play-off games.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123311

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 06:22 AM
  #411
punch1943
Registered User
 
punch1943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Speaking of ECHL - Nick Ebert has 9 points in 10 games playing there in the Kings Org. 3 assists in four regular season games, and now 2 goals and 4 assists in 6 play-off games.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123311
Good for Ebert....hope he does exceptionally well. If he continues to play well it can only mean good things for the Spitfires.

punch1943 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
  #412
scokan
Registered User
 
scokan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: southern ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Good for Ebert....hope he does exceptionally well. If he continues to play well it can only mean good things for the Spitfires.
yeah for his trade value..

scokan is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 11:53 AM
  #413
punch1943
Registered User
 
punch1943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scokan View Post
yeah for his trade value..
You've been reading my mail. He's one that I expect to see traded once the trading window opens and before the season starts. By that time the OHL will have put a nail in the Spit's Memorial Cup coffin, the STH will have an-teed up and the Spits mantra will be this is not a re-build but a tweaking of the roster.

punch1943 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:12 PM
  #414
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scokan View Post
yeah for his trade value..
More than likely as Koekkoek and Sieloff will anchor the top two pairings, each with a youngster paired with them I'd assume.

Just strange to me that Ebert is playing so well, at least just looking at the stat sheet, in a grown mans league than he does with the Spits. Might open his eyes (and the Kings as well) a bit to see a change of scenery is what he needs in the OHL.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
  #415
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
More than likely as Koekkoek and Sieloff will anchor the top two pairings, each with a youngster paired with them I'd assume.

Just strange to me that Ebert is playing so well, at least just looking at the stat sheet, in a grown mans league than he does with the Spits. Might open his eyes (and the Kings as well) a bit to see a change of scenery is what he needs in the OHL.
How do you know he is playing well?, is he puting up good points, sure he is BUT in his first season here he put up great points along side Ellis(41 points), but defensively he was a mess, So is he playing solid defensively with Ontario or is he just playing good offensively. I want a D man that thinks defense first and the points will follow.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:40 PM
  #416
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
How do you know he is playing well?, is he puting up good points, sure he is BUT in his first season here he put up great points along side Ellis(41 points), but defensively he was a mess, So is he playing solid defensively with Ontario or is he just playing good offensively. I want a D man that thinks defense first and the points will follow.
There was an article in their local paper raving about how well he has played so I take it to mean he probably has been that good.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/reign/c...bert-making-an

"I've only been here about a week, and I've learned so much already," Ebert said of Hardy's coaching. "It's pretty amazing the stuff that he knows. It's a real honor to have him as a coach. Just real fortunate to be coached by him and the rest of the guys here. He's one of the better coaches that I've seen and played for. So it's pretty nice for sure."

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 02:35 PM
  #417
coachfluffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Just strange to me that Ebert is playing so well, at least just looking at the stat sheet, in a grown mans league than he does with the Spits. Might open his eyes (and the Kings as well) a bit to see a change of scenery is what he needs in the OHL.
Just wondering if maybe a different coaching style may be the difference. It is possible that Ebert needs to be stroked rather than beaten by the coaches. These players have been stars all their lives and probably haven't heard a whole lot of negative until junior.

Thinking out loud, any thoughts on any careers that have been ended in Juniors because they ended up with a coaching style that they could not thrive under?

coachfluffy is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:16 AM
  #418
SimonKnightsman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Simon has done this before. I looked at Ares post and it doesn't come off the same way as Simon's. Then Simon's post was refuted with facts of how well Windsor has drafted in the import draft with Rychel and you notice Simon has not returned. Simon was flat out trolling, he should be more concerned about his Knights.
Done what ?

We were discussing the pair of import picks Windsor will draw from. I also said landing two outta the box that fit right in is rare unless you have great deals set up prior. Both Ryc / Boog are over there at worlds so they are prolly looking at some deals now.

If you cannot even discuss teams draft without getting nailed for trolling I am beginning to think your all a little too sensitive. ( just a tad )

Time to lighten up man......

SimonKnightsman is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 04:26 AM
  #419
BrianA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
Define trolling

BrianA is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 11:12 AM
  #420
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Done what ?

We were discussing the pair of import picks Windsor will draw from. I also said landing two outta the box that fit right in is rare unless you have great deals set up prior. Both Ryc / Boog are over there at worlds so they are prolly looking at some deals now.

If you cannot even discuss teams draft without getting nailed for trolling I am beginning to think your all a little too sensitive. ( just a tad )

Time to lighten up man......
Then when I showed the Spits track record in the import draft you were quiet.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
  #421
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
Define trolling
Anything RayzorIsDull doesn't agree with or has trouble refuting

Alls good RID...just takin a jab


Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 04-24-2013 at 11:54 AM.
PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 05:39 PM
  #422
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Nice to see Mike Vellucci calling out the league over the terrible officiating, that seems to be again changing outcomes again in this bush league.

Sec108 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 05:58 PM
  #423
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja
 
Knights77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Section 314
Country: Canada
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Nice to see Mike Vellucci calling out the league over the terrible officiating, that seems to be again changing outcomes again in this bush league.
So then stop watching the 'bush league'. Bad officiating has been the case in this league for the 25years ive been watching. Happens to all teams, get used to it. If your response has to do with a Knights or Hunter conspiracy, please save it.

Knights77 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 07:41 PM
  #424
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
So then stop watching the 'bush league'. Bad officiating has been the case in this league for the 25years ive been watching. Happens to all teams, get used to it. If your response has to do with a Knights or Hunter conspiracy, please save it.
Oh I know its never a conspiracy with the Hunters and co. but since your so interested in what we say on the Windsor board all you London fans know this......

We had a great summer knowing you lost the mem cup and were waiting to celebrate your losses this season also.

To 99.9% of us its "ANYONE BUT LONDON"

Sec108 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:01 PM
  #425
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
So then stop watching the 'bush league'. Bad officiating has been the case in this league for the 25years ive been watching. Happens to all teams, get used to it. If your response has to do with a Knights or Hunter conspiracy, please save it.
Have learned a long time ago it's no use arguing/reasoning with him. Let him have is conspiracies.

Libbs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.