HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

4/23/13 - Game 46 - Meow vs. The People's Elbow

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 03:58 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Drouin vs. Barkov it is then.

Maybe DT goes all Feaster and picks some random dude and we'll all go, who?
Like the Dolphins did when they passed on Drew Brees to draft Jamar Fletcher as half the Dolfans in south Florida screamed "who?" and the other half flung their remote controls across the room.

I really hope not to relive that.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:09 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Like the Dolphins did when they passed on Drew Brees to draft Jamar Fletcher as half the Dolfans in south Florida screamed "who?" and the other half flung their remote controls across the room.

That was pure hebrew to me, lol.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:22 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
That was pure hebrew to me, lol.
South Florida sports fans would understand.

It was not a happy day. I think that's the moment I stopped caring about the Dolphins.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:46 PM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Still last. #winning

Old
04-24-2013, 06:45 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:

This is a great example. That's a day I hope one day I can completely forget about

Almost all signs to me seem that Jones is the top player that we're looking at. Since I'm more concerned about our future on offense, specifically at center, I'm on the MacKinnon wagon right now. With that being said, I kind hope that the Avalanche end up winning the lottery. We know they're going to pick Jones, so that would by default give us the second pick to draft MacKinnon or Drouin.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
This is a great example. That's a day I hope one day I can completely forget about

Almost all signs to me seem that Jones is the top player that we're looking at. Since I'm more concerned about our future on offense, specifically at center, I'm on the MacKinnon wagon right now. With that being said, I kind hope that the Avalanche end up winning the lottery. We know they're going to pick Jones, so that would by default give us the second pick to draft MacKinnon or Drouin.
For the most part, any team that wins the lottery is going to draft Jones first (he's the BPA per most scouts you talk to). If you're really looking for the Panthers to fall to #2, there's a 75% chance that happens (combined percentages of any of the other 13 teams winning the lottery) because of the new rules.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:48 PM
EmersonBeatemEtem
Watcha gonna do!!!!

Quote:

I remember that day like yesterday. I was watching the draft in my room with one of those old piece of crap small TV's with a VCR built into it. I was sure Brees was going to be the pick and when they announced Jamar Fletcher, I threw my remote at my closet door and smashed it into a million pieces.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move the Coyotes View Post
I remember that day like yesterday. I was watching the draft in my room with one of those old piece of crap small TV's with a VCR built into it. I was sure Brees was going to be the pick and when they announced Jamar Fletcher, I threw my remote at my closet door and smashed it into a million pieces.
Lmao. And did it again when satan chose that other QB?

04-25-2013, 12:02 AM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Lmao. And did it again when satan chose that other QB?
You guys know what would be awful, the Red Wings miss the playoff, win the lottery and pick Jones. Plus, they would be in our division...

Old
04-25-2013, 12:44 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
You guys know what would be awful, the Red Wings miss the playoff, win the lottery and pick Jones. Plus, they would be in our division...
Tell me about it. I've come to the conclusion that there shouldn't be a lottery. If you are last in the league, you should be given the 1st pick. It just doesn't seem right that a team that barely missed the playoffs could pick 1st.

And if there must be a lottery, then the odds should at least be 75% that you win it.

-ghoste

Old
04-25-2013, 06:48 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
How about if Edmonton won and got their 4th straight number 1 pick that would be ridiculous.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Tell me about it. I've come to the conclusion that there shouldn't be a lottery. If you are last in the league, you should be given the 1st pick. It just doesn't seem right that a team that barely missed the playoffs could pick 1st.

And if there must be a lottery, then the odds should at least be 75% that you win it.

-ghoste
I get the reason they have a lottery. Specifically to keep teams from tanking part of the season once they're out in order to get the top pick.

That said, the change in rules is downright stupid. Bottom 5 teams had a chance at the top overall pick before. That's the way it should have stayed. This is Bettman trying to make hockey more like the NBA again. And yes, the highest ranked non-playoff team has won the lottery in the NBA (Orlando in '93).

Old
04-25-2013, 09:16 AM
IceManCat
A New Era

They did it to prevent tanking, I don't mind it really because of the salary cap there isn't much difference between the last place team and the team at 14 and 15. I think we are in better shape than Detroit going into the future. We have a young better Blue-line and better future goaltender and better younger prospects than they do. If it wasn't for a 34 year old Datsyuk and Zetterberg they would have been dead last.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:30 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

I really hope im not the only one who would not be disappointed with any pick we get. Seth Jones? Great we need another physical puck moving defensemen. Nathan Mackinnon? Great we need another center. Johnathan Drouin? Another playmaking winger who could do magic.

Whatever player we get our team instantly becomes much better. This team will be ridiculously stacked in a couple of year regardless of the pick.

Closed Thread