Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 03:14 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Andersen is probably our backup next year, unless the ducks keep fasth and hiller which seems unlikely. Gibson and Bobkov split the duties in the AHL

Would like to see DSP and Maroon get a game or two here as well, Maroon basically has a spot locked in next year, and it can't hurt to see if they may be able to add anything for the playoffs. but if anyone struggles or gets injured, nice to have the depth

Old
04-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
Andersen is probably our backup next year, unless the ducks keep fasth and hiller which seems unlikely. Gibson and Bobkov split the duties in the AHL

Would like to see DSP and Maroon get a game or two here as well, Maroon basically has a spot locked in next year, and it can't hurt to see if they may be able to add anything for the playoffs. but if anyone struggles or gets injured, nice to have the depth
I have to think that when BM signed Fasth to that extension that's exactly what he had in mind. Budget teams don't spend $7M in goal. Especially since Gibson is headed for Norfolk next year and I'm sure he is expected to get a lot of playing time. There's no real room for both Andersen and Gibson in Norfolk next year. And with Getz and Perry not taking any home town discount I would be surprised to see Hiller and Fasth both here next year.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:58 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

plus Andersen has been really good in the AHL and is old enough to be ready to start his NHL career. Wouldn't surprise me if Gibson has trouble surpassing him for a while, Andersen really is a good prospect

Old
04-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I have to think that when BM signed Fasth to that extension that's exactly what he had in mind. Budget teams don't spend $7M in goal. Especially since Gibson is headed for Norfolk next year and I'm sure he is expected to get a lot of playing time. There's no real room for both Andersen and Gibson in Norfolk next year. And with Getz and Perry not taking any home town discount I would be surprised to see Hiller and Fasth both here next year.
Totally agree with this.

Would be shocked if the Ducks went into next season with Hiller and Fasth both on the team. Not when Fowler/Perry/Getzlaf are all seeing bumps in salary.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
plus Andersen has been really good in the AHL and is old enough to be ready to start his NHL career. Wouldn't surprise me if Gibson has trouble surpassing him for a while, Andersen really is a good prospect
Andersen still has some work to do. If he becomes our backup, I'd expect it to happen mid-season. He's still a bit of a soft serve machine at times.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:30 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
Totally agree with this.

Would be shocked if the Ducks went into next season with Hiller and Fasth both on the team. Not when Fowler/Perry/Getzlaf are all seeing bumps in salary.
i woudln't be. we have the space for them next year and then hiller is a UFA.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:51 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

I think these playoffs will be a real indicator how Murph goes forward with the goalie situation. What if Hiller gets the nod and has a run like he did in 09? I like Fasth, a lot and I want to see him have a really good post-season and steal that net. Hiller drives me crazy. He'll be great for a stretch and then stink up the joint. He'll have an awesome game but then let in a real bad one. He has to make three saves when he should have swallowed the first one up. Fasth is so much more in control and consistent. Only problem is his sample size is small. Can he play like that for 65-70 games? What about all these little injuries he's had? What if one of them turns into a big injury? The next month (or hopefully two) should really shed some light on how this plays out.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:57 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
I think....

Hiller/Fasth in Anaheim

Anderson/Bobkov in Norfolk

Gibson spends extra year in OHL.

After that the team can decide on keeping/trading/letting go of Hiller if Fasth keeps his play up, then Gibson gets his AHL time.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Paul4587

I would hope that we wait until Fasth has proved himself for more than ~25 NHL games before we trade Hiller. There have been too many goalies to count who have fizzled out over the years after an initial good run.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:01 PM
PhoenyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I would hope that we wait until Fasth has proved himself for more than ~25 NHL games before we trade Hiller. There have been too many goalies to count who have fizzled out over the years after an initial good run.
Yeah, trade Hiller at the deadline next year IF Fasth is still playing well and proves he can be the #1.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Professor John Frink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
i woudln't be. we have the space for them next year and then hiller is a UFA.
We have cap space yes. But up until the Getzlaf/Perry signings we have been a budget team. I'm just not convinced that changes just because we signed our big 2.

If we are in fact now spending to the cap great. Keep both goalies. I just am not sure that the Ducks would change their internal budget because of the signings.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Exit Dose

Murray said that we were authorized to spend more when we re-signed Perry.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Professor John Frink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Oh I didn't know that. Great then, spend away!!!!

Old
04-24-2013, 07:02 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
A budget team new CBA is different from a budget team pre CBA

Pre CBA a team could be playing over 70m a year in salaries, but only sitting at a 40-50m cap hit.

New CBA will result in a team paying about 70m a year in salaries, but at at 55-60m (or more) cap hit. So the Ducks can use more of cap room, yet not actually spend much more because you can't water down contracts of star players.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:33 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
I think....

Hiller/Fasth in Anaheim

Anderson/Bobkov in Norfolk

Gibson spends extra year in OHL.

After that the team can decide on keeping/trading/letting go of Hiller if Fasth keeps his play up, then Gibson gets his AHL time.
No way Gibson spends another year in juniors. Trade Bobkov if need be but that kid needs to be pkaying pro hockey next year.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Exit Dose

Why would we need to trade anyone? Putting a goalie in the ECHL doesn't break them.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
No way Gibson spends another year in juniors. Trade Bobkov if need be but that kid needs to be pkaying pro hockey next year.
This. Loan Bobkov out to another AHL team if we can, and if not, move him for a pick or another boom/bust prospect. Gibson has proven that he has nothing left to prove in junior hockey.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
But the question is whether we spent the "more" signing Perry. Especially after Getz. I'm guessing that was more of a one (or 2 counting Getz) signing approval. I'd be surprised if we have decided we are now big spenders overall.

And to a different comment above, I agree, Gibson does not belong in the CHL next year. He needs to turn pro.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
But the question is whether we spent the "more" signing Perry. Especially after Getz. I'm guessing that was more of a one (or 2 counting Getz) signing approval. I'd be surprised if we have decided we are now big spenders overall.

And to a different comment above, I agree, Gibson does not belong in the CHL next year. He needs to turn pro.
It came after Perry's signing, so I would assume that the raises were accounted for. I believe Stephens mentioned something about being able to spend a little more, but maybe I'm misremembering that.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
This. Loan Bobkov out to another AHL team if we can, and if not, move him for a pick or another boom/bust prospect. Gibson has proven that he has nothing left to prove in junior hockey.
Bobkov has little trade value.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Bobkov has little trade value.
Im sure he could land us an equivalent skater prospect from a team weak in the professional ready goaltending department or a later pick. Or we can send him to the ECHL like you said.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:09 AM
OCSportsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
I agree, I think Gibson is the back up next year in AHL behind Anderson. The year after he is the starter in AHL, then NHL starter in 2016 when Fasth contract runs out.

Goalies cant be rushed, and often times take longer to develop.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
The Ducks have called up Patrick Maroon, Frederick Andersen, and Devante Smith-Pelley from Norfolk. Bobkov was returned to the AHL. The Ducks will potentially scratch: Getzlaf (Rest), Beauchemin (Rest), Selanne (Rest), Koivu (Rest), Ryan (Illness), and Sbisa (Lower-Body Injury) for tomorrow's game. Souray is expected to play after missing the previous two games in Edmonton.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g...reau-ryan.html

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g...s-norfolk.html

Should be interesting to say the least.

Last edited by Ducksforcup: 04-25-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old
04-25-2013, 02:20 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
The Ducks have called up Patrick Maroon, Frederick Andersen, and Devante Smith-Pelley from Norfolk. Bobkov was returned to the AHL. The Ducks will potentially scratch: Getzlaf (Rest), Beauchemin (Rest), Selanne (Rest), Koivu (Rest), Ryan (Illness), and Sbisa (Lower-Body Injury) for tomorrow's game. Souray is expected to play after missing the previous two games in Edmonton.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g...reau-ryan.html

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g...s-norfolk.html

Should be interesting to say the least.
nice. they deserve some rest. although why sit getzlaf and not perry? lol

Old
04-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
nice. they deserve some rest. although why sit getzlaf and not perry? lol