HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How good is Grabovski?

Closed Thread

Old
09-10-2006, 04:32 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Although to be fair, Pavel Bure was only drafted so late because Russians still were an uncertainty when it came to crossing the iron curtain.
Pavel Bure was drafted late because most teams thought he was ineligible for the draft.

Old
09-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Grabo racing with Ovechkin.

The thing i like the most about Grabo is the comparaison with Petrov about his attitude on the ice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grabovskyovechkin.jpg‎ (44.8 KB, 124 views)

Old
09-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

I also saw him play vs Florida yesterday and trust me ALL of you will be happy with this guy on a side note, you will also b amazed when S.Kostitsyn eventually makes the club his hands are gold!

Old
09-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Chris Chelios

Can he play Center? It would be easier for him to crack the lineup if he does..

Old
09-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I was just wondering about this....If Koivu's eye condition would not be good enough to let him play at the beginning of the season, why not try to put Grabovsky with Samsonov and Kovalev and then put Ribeiro with Ryder and Higgins?? Grabo could take a lot ef exp with this. For me, Grabovsky with Kovalev and Samsonov is a way better choice than Ribeiro... He's still young, but i'm sure he could do a better job than Ribeiro.

Old
09-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsider View Post
Can he play Center? It would be easier for him to crack the lineup if he does..
he is a center

Old
09-10-2006, 05:47 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
I was just wondering about this....If Koivu's eye condition would not be good enough to let him play at the beginning of the season, why not try to put Grabovsky with Samsonov and Kovalev and then put Ribeiro with Ryder and Higgins?? Grabo could take a lot ef exp with this. For me, Grabovsky with Kovalev and Samsonov is a way better choice than Ribeiro... He's still young, but i'm sure he could do a better job than Ribeiro.
I thought of the same thing but I think if Koivu canot start the seson pleck will do the 2nd line.
But there might be a whole change up in the lines at the same time since there is a new coach

Old
09-10-2006, 06:13 PM
goalchenyuk

Center is suppose to be our weak position , but suddenly , we have Saku , Ribeiro , Plekanec , Bonk , Great Graby , Chipchura and Lapierre , that are already or not to far centers for us .

Old
09-10-2006, 09:27 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Wow. Thats amazing. If the Habs could add a Svatos or a Afinogenov they would rock.
We already have our Afinogenov... Perezhogin will make a name for himself this year!

I think all 3 (Perezhogin, Kostitsyn and Grabovski) will have a strong NHL carreer... Kostitsyn will be the best goalscorer of the 3 but Grabov and Zhoghy will generate tons of scoring chances as well.. All 3 will be extremmely dangerous offensively everytime they touch the ice.. Outside Kovalev, those 3 kids are gonna be the most skilled fowards on the team for the years to come...

Old
09-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Maxpac

by the way in those videos i was more impressed by Kostitsyn's plays and then Grabovski's,i was wondering who that no.23 was until someone answered that, that wrister is something spectacular to see and he looks really strong on his skates, and i really doubt that his pass behind the net was a missed shot, it looked like he wanted to do that

Old
09-10-2006, 11:08 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
by the way in those videos i was more impressed by Kostitsyn's plays and then Grabovski's,i was wondering who that no.23 was until someone answered that, that wrister is something spectacular to see and he looks really strong on his skates, and i really doubt that his pass behind the net was a missed shot, it looked like he wanted to do that
nice pick of Kost

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 09-12-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old
09-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
nice pick of Kost
huh? that's Sergei

Old
09-10-2006, 11:12 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
We already have our Afinogenov... Perezhogin will make a name for himself this year!

I think all 3 (Perezhogin, Kostitsyn and Grabovski) will have a strong NHL carreer... Kostitsyn will be the best goalscorer of the 3 but Grabov and Zhoghy will generate tons of scoring chances as well.. All 3 will be extremmely dangerous offensively everytime they touch the ice.. Outside Kovalev, those 3 kids are gonna be the most skilled fowards on the team for the years to come...
i also think that they could be the stars of our Habs . Than i have a flash that we also have Higgins , Latendresse and Chipchura that could also be key players .

Old
09-10-2006, 11:31 PM
HabzManiac

When I watch Grabovski play he reminds me of Pavel Datsyk. Remember he came out of nowhere for Detroit. I would rather have Grabovski playing with Samsonov and Kovalev then Ribeiro. I hope Grabovski steals the show at the main Habs Camp.

Old
09-11-2006, 12:01 PM
greyboy67

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great!
So is #23 in the video Sergei or Andrei? Either way, it's good news for the Habs.

If it's Andrei I had no idea the guy was a playmaker as well as a sharpshooter.

Old
09-11-2006, 12:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyboy67 View Post
So is #23 in the video Sergei or Andrei? Either way, it's good news for the Habs.

If it's Andrei I had no idea the guy was a playmaker as well as a sharpshooter.
Andrei, Sarhei has yet to play at the WC's. Imo Andrei's passing is very underrated. I've seen him make some very sick passes. Both Kostitsyn's can dish the puck well and shoot it well.

Old
09-11-2006, 12:58 PM
kostitsyn1489

I remembeer his assist this year that was a great play. He dekes throught a couple of player in O zone before making a saucer pass close to the blue line and Souray was alone and he scored easily.

Old
09-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Andrei, Sarhei has yet to play at the WC's. Imo Andrei's passing is very underrated. I've seen him make some very sick passes. Both Kostitsyn's can dish the puck well and shoot it well.
Agreed there. Andrei's passing skills is something that, I though, was he showed well when recalled by the big club last year.

Old
09-11-2006, 01:17 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Agreed there. Andrei's passing skills is something that, I though, was he showed well when recalled by the big club last year.
He showed everything, he was sent back to hamilton for administrative reasons(keeping him longer in his prime for cheaper) imo.

Old
09-11-2006, 01:21 PM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I remembeer his assist this year that was a great play. He dekes throught a couple of player in O zone before making a saucer pass close to the blue line and Souray was alone and he scored easily.
Remeber it also, he seemed very calm.

I screamed out 'ma parole!'

Old
09-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
The two slowest forwards on the first lines are Ribeiro and Ryder. I believe it is better to keep them on different lines.

Old
09-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
He showed everything, he was sent back to hamilton for administrative reasons(keeping him longer in his prime for cheaper) imo.
His one-timer wrist shot in front of the net was sensationnal. Just shows you he does and will belong to the NHL.

Old
09-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Marchy79

Ok I may be getting a bit ahead of myself... but is Grabovsky potentially a find similar to a guy like Ottawa found in Alfredsson (6th ropunder made good)...
Is it possible for him to do some serious damage in the NHL?

Old
09-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Ok I may be getting a bit ahead of myself... but is Grabovsky potentially a find similar to a guy like Ottawa found in Alfredsson (6th ropunder made good)...
Anything's possible...if Grabovsky turns out to be that kind of steal, I'd be ecstatic. For now, I'm eager to see what he does during preseason playing with NHL calibre players. I expect him to end up starting the year in Hamilton because of the logjam of forwards, but if he goes nuts during preseason, who knows...

From what I've seen, I expect him to do very well in Hamilton should he start the season there.

Old
09-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
If he can gain some more weight sure. Hopefully he will be able to avoid injury.

Closed Thread