HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn wants to play with the Bulldogs

Old
09-10-2006, 04:45 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

vCash: 500
Sergei Kostitsyn wants to play with the Bulldogs

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/212631.html

For those who can't read the article, it says that Sergei wants to play in the AHL this year. Timmins said he doesn't know exactly if the team can send him in the AHL or not but he didn't said that he's rather see him in the minors.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Mr. Hab

thanks for the article

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:04 PM
SpezNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/212631.html

For those who can't read the article, it says that Sergei wants to play in the AHL this year. Timmins said he doesn't know exactly if the team can send him in the AHL or not but he didn't said that he's rather see him in the minors.
But we can think that it's not in his plans to try to send him in the minors..

It's almost obvious that he would like Kostitsyn to be in London next year!

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
I like it, honestly what does he have to learn in the Juniors ? He hit play the PP and was a fan favourite in London. I think playing against grown mens would be better for his devloppement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc View Post
But we can think that it's not in his plans to try to send him in the minors..

It's almost obvious that he would like Kostitsyn to be in London next year!
I agree , i bet Timmins didn't expect that kind of comments from Sergei. The Habs should consider it because Euros can play in the 'A' while guys like Latendresse or Price must be in the NHL or playing with their respective junior teams.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:12 PM
kostitsyn1489

If Habs plan to send Grabovski and/or A.Kostitsyn in the farm they should keep send sergei in Hamilton. If both make the team they should send back in junior.

So Grabovski or AK wouldnt be alone in the farm and they have a great chemistery so they would score much I think.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

He has to wait another year he's too young!

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:24 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlGuy View Post
He has to wait another year he's too young!
No. He's european so he can jump to the AHL right away.

If he's going to have ice time in Hamilton and a somewhat important role. I say why not. But he needs to play and take control of games and he could do that in the OHL.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:30 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

I think the rule is that the player's right is not to any CHL team or that the player was drafted in the NHL draft before the CHL import draft which is not the case since the 2005 CHL import draft was June 29th and the 2005 NHL draft was July 30th

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
No. He's european so he can jump to the AHL right away.

If he's going to have ice time in Hamilton and a somewhat important role. I say why not. But he needs to play and take control of games and he could do that in the OHL.
I don't understand this whole European rule... I understand that it's to help them adapt to the NA game (at least that's what I think), but why can't a kid like Lats play in the AHL, where it'll be a challenege.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

I was talking to a guy @ the prospects game yesterday and he covers the Dogs and that's what he told me also if Lats does not make the jump right up to the big club he also can not play for the Dogs

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:35 PM
CLEGHORN

I don't think another year in London will hurt him.He won't get as much ice time in Hamilton,as he would there.No need to rush him.

CLEGHORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEGHORN View Post
I don't think another year in London will hurt him.He won't get as much ice time in Hamilton,as he would there.No need to rush him.
Personally I'm tired of waiting for kids to be 22 before they finally make it to the bigs. If we sped up a few of our prospects a little better they'd propably reach their potential faster.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I don't understand this whole European rule... I understand that it's to help them adapt to the NA game (at least that's what I think), but why can't a kid like Lats play in the AHL, where it'll be a challenege.
It's the other way around, it's to keep junior teams from losing players.

My understanding is that if a player has a junior career in North America, regardless of his country of birth, he cannot play in the AHL until he turns 20.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:43 PM
znk

Quote:
Personally I'm tired of waiting for kids to be 22 before they finally make it to the bigs. If we sped up a few of our prospects a little better they'd propably reach their potential faster.
They tried with Ribeiro. Cant say it worked out that great.

Old
09-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Maxpac

S. Kostitsyn- Grabovsky- A. Kostitsyn

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:47 PM
znk

Quote:
I think it depends on where the guy was playing when he was drafted.
If a guy was playing the CHL then...CHL rules apply. Since most Euros come to the CHL after being drafted different rules apply.

Old
09-10-2006, 05:50 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
S. Kostitsyn- Grabovsky- A. Kostitsyn
I think Grabovsky-Chipchura-Locke is more likely, with Sergei Kostitsyn back with London and Andrei Kostitsyn with the Habs. I think they're all centres though so maybe even this one is unlikely.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I think there's a lot Kostitsyn can learn in London and I don't think he can crack the Hamilton roster yet, to be honest. We don't have room for him to be a regular player there. If he was in Hamilton, then it would cause even more problems for guys like Aubin and D'Agostini. I'm sure he's having a lot of fun playing with Grabovski and would love to aim high, but realistically I don't see any other choice but London for him. Being part of their big star-studded PP there last year was one thing. Now he needs to step up and show that he can be a star in the OHL in his own right, and hopefully round out his overall game as well.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 06:00 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
It'd be great. I"m the kind of guy that'd give prospects a chance and put em' on the fast track...but I don't see it happening here.

Simply no spots...with Grabs, Chipchura, Manlow, Locke...etc..

He needs another full season in the O. It's going to be a great experience for him in London anyways. With so much young talent coming up and S.Kost will be the go to guy. I don't think, he'll receive quality icetime in Hamilton. Anyways, he has nothing to lose but Timmins and co. won't take the risk imo.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 06:02 PM
VanNistelrooy

He had been drafted as a European so he can play in AHL. But i like to think that he would be a star in London, getting tons of icetime. So I would let him play an other year in OHL.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 06:04 PM
MEGALINSKY

Could be sweet, or it could be disastrous. I think it all depends on his playing time as some posters have mentioned. I'm all for seeing our young guys play in the AHL or better yet the NHL, but forunately thats not for us to decide.

Who makes the decisions about our prospects and where they play? Gainey... Timmons? To a lesser extent Carbonneau?

MEGALINSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 06:06 PM
goalchenyuk

i would be curious to see the KGK line in the AHL ...Junior is still young but , didn't both Great Gasby and his brother play with men in the russian league , at the same age ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 07:13 PM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmm

On one hand it is good to hear that a player wants to take a step up. It shows enthusiasm. On the other hand, I think another year at Jr would be best for the kid.

He had a good year last year and a great playoff run. The next logical step is for the kid to have a chance to be the go to guy. It teaches the player a lot about how to handle the extra pressure, as well as putting in the extra effort night after night. This is something the pro player must get used to.

He may have a lot of the skills to take the next step, but he is still built like a Jr player. The kid is game, but not physically ready yet. There is absolutely no reason to rush the kid to the AHL.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

This reminds me of older brother Andrei last year, when he asked who he would have to beat out in training camp. It could be a positive sign. Maybe both are really motivated for a challenge. Andrei looked surprisingly better in the NHL than his AHL stats and reports suggested, but it was too brief to tell; Hossa looked great in some of his call-ups.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 07:53 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I think there's a lot Kostitsyn can learn in London and I don't think he can crack the Hamilton roster yet, to be honest. We don't have room for him to be a regular player there. If he was in Hamilton, then it would cause even more problems for guys like Aubin and D'Agostini. I'm sure he's having a lot of fun playing with Grabovski and would love to aim high, but realistically I don't see any other choice but London for him. Being part of their big star-studded PP there last year was one thing. Now he needs to step up and show that he can be a star in the OHL in his own right, and hopefully round out his overall game as well.
Ahhhh Blah... Blah... Blah..... Who really cares about the what ifs. The kid is gun hoe and if he is serious enough to make it especially after saying so,,,,then good for him. I like when I hear of a prospect that wants to prgress and is not afraid to say so.

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote