HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buccigross's plan for Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 06:23 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Buccigross's plan for Buffalo

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ohn&id=1695741

Buffalo Sabres
Patience and a new coach
Lindy Ruff has been there too long. It's time for him to go to Columbus and coach the Blue Jackets. Bring back the old blue and gold uniforms, and have a fresh start after this year. This team needs defensemen. Unfortunately, they probably won't be bad enough to have a chance at the No. 1 pick and Alexander Ovechkin. Owner Tom Golisano has money and passion, but he needs a plan and patience. There are holes on this team that will take a couple of years to fill.
If I were GM: Trade Miroslav Satan before the trade deadline for a defenseman, make a run at Scott Niedermayer next summer, and draft a defenseman. My first and only focus is to put six strong defensemen in front of goaltender Ryan Miller.

He also said Atlanta should get a guy like McKee or Brendan Witt, Calgary should go after CuBro, and the Canes should go after Miro.

Old
12-30-2003, 06:58 AM
ajsonor

Interesting thoughts...
I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of Lindy, but I agree with the people who ask what type of coach will come into a mess like Buffalo's in the middle of a season. We'd be looking at the Dave Kings and Robbie Ftoreks to come in now. I don't think that you could get a guy like Larry Robinson to come into Buffalo where the best case scenerio has the team barely making the playoffs if he can perform a miracle. This team can play 6 or 7 games over 500 for the second 1/2 of the season and still miss the playoffs by a lot.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:15 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
i agree with him. 6 dependable defensive defensman. plus somebody like scott neidermayer who will score, and kalinen can chip in abit.

if the canes go after miro then i want o'niell in return at least.

for mckee to altanta (which is very good for them) i want stefan

calgary, hmm, stephan yelle, or regher/gauthier? for cuBro.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
i agree with him. 6 dependable defensive defensman. plus somebody like scott neidermayer who will score, and kalinen can chip in abit.

if the canes go after miro then i want o'niell in return at least.

for mckee to altanta (which is very good for them) i want stefan

calgary, hmm, stephan yelle, or regher/gauthier? for cuBro.
I don't think you'd get Stefan for McKee, unless of course Waddell has given up on him. I like the idea of O'Neill for Satan, but I'd also love to have Hill. Personally, I think Buffalo should go to Montreal and get Andrei Markov. Brown for Regehr is a great idea. If McKee gets moved, Regehr is exactly the kind of physical presence we would need back there. I could see Buffalo making a run at Niedermayer, this is of course after they re-sign Zhitnik. I don't know what it would take for Frantisek Kaberle from Atlanta, but he's a pretty decent defenseman. Maybe we'll be bad enough to draft Barker!!

Old
12-30-2003, 10:02 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresIn05
.... Maybe we'll be bad enough to draft Barker!!
"Maybe"? Having the 6th worst record in the league certainly puts them in the ballpark....

Old
12-30-2003, 11:01 AM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
"Maybe"? Having the 6th worst record in the league certainly puts them in the ballpark....
Well I'm kind of projecting Ovechkin, Schwarz, Barker...but that's just me.

Old
12-30-2003, 12:01 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Well I'm kind of projecting Ovechkin, Schwarz, Barker...but that's just me.
Don't forget about Malkin or the possibility that Wolski, Radulov or someone else gets into the mix...

Old
12-30-2003, 01:07 PM
ajsonor

They'll definitely have a shot at Rob Schremp if they end up in the 6-10 range. I think he's unjustly gotten a bum rap thanks to a bad agent.

Old
12-30-2003, 01:24 PM
Mr Brownstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Don't forget about Malkin or the possibility that Wolski, Radulov or someone else gets into the mix...
Olesz could jump in too. I'd definitely expect Barker top 5 though, so that leaves us SOL on him. Chainshot, choice pick, leaving out the obvious Ovechkin cause we won't be the worst team?

Old
12-30-2003, 01:35 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

I doubt Buffalo would throw the kinda cash at Scott Niedermayer that other teams might. I hope he chooses to come out to Anaheim for a chance to be on the same team as his brother. He already has stanley cups he would probably like the opportunity to play hockey with his brother, and Anaheim could use the help.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Olesz could jump in too. I'd definitely expect Barker top 5 though, so that leaves us SOL on him. Chainshot, choice pick, leaving out the obvious Ovechkin cause we won't be the worst team?
Leaving out Ovechkin... right now for me it's Barker, Malkin and Olesz. The defenseman they need, the center they need or the center they need... As for Schremp, where there is smoke there is often fire.

Old
12-31-2003, 02:25 AM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsonor
Interesting thoughts...
Robbie Ftoreks to come in now.
That would officially end my interest in the Sabres.

Old
12-31-2003, 04:51 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
we should take a good run at niedermayer and get 6 solid defensive corps. resign zhitink for less. his WAY over paid as is. maybe trade Satan to allow for neidermayer. maybe carter could be a cheap option for satan.

Hartley i heard gives stefan 4th liner's job now. i think we could get him for mckee.

Closed Thread