HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Saskatchewan Minor Hockey Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2013, 07:55 PM
  #726
nah68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Just don't get it!

And finally why should sbaahl allow saskatoon to dictate with how many teams they wish to join with. Sha shouldn't have to mediate on this matter, if so it then boils down to 2 parties that refuse to budge on there stands. If this happens then why should any league in the province have a board of directors, president, and so on. Lets just by pass the whole thing and let Sha deal with all league matters including the Gshl. I'm sure thats not what people want. I really think that there is alot of people being misinformed by members of there league....and thats leading to alot of problems.

nah68 is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:44 PM
  #727
SaskRinkRat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nah68 View Post
Just don't get it!

And finally why should sbaahl allow saskatoon to dictate with how many teams they wish to join with. Sha shouldn't have to mediate on this matter, if so it then boils down to 2 parties that refuse to budge on there stands. If this happens then why should any league in the province have a board of directors, president, and so on. Lets just by pass the whole thing and let Sha deal with all league matters including the Gshl. I'm sure thats not what people want. I really think that there is alot of people being misinformed by members of there league....and thats leading to alot of problems.
Is anyone really saying that Saskatoon should be allowed to dictate terms? From where I sit it looks very much like both leagues want each other. Saskatoon wants to join so they don't have to play the same 5 (other) teams all the time. SBAAHL wants Saskatoon so that travel can be a little more manageable. SHA wants Saskatoon involved or they wouldn't have tried to get them in the league back when it started a few years ago. And I think the discussion hear bares all of that out - both SBAAHL and SMHA leaning folks here clearly want some sort of joint resolution to this, otherwise this discussion wouldn't be popping up continually. Neither side thinks the optimum solution is for the two leagues to operate separately.

So I don't really think it's a matter of anyone trying to "dictate terms", but rather come to some sort of agreement that satisfies both sides. It's the "us vs. them" attitude that's clearly killing the process right now. It seems like it requires a third party at this point, otherwise SBAAHL is just saying "we want you in our league, but only on our terms, so go off on your own if you want, but we'll complain that you didn't join our league" and SMHA is saying "we want in, but only on our terms, so we'll keep the GSHL as is if you want, but we'll complain about how we weren't allowed to join the SBAAHL". Neither position makes any sense.

And what is the point of SHA if not to play that role of neutral party that sets up hockey in the province for the benefit of everyone? Why does it even exist if not for that?

SaskRinkRat is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:53 PM
  #728
dickiedunnwrotethis
Registered User
 
dickiedunnwrotethis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynoitall View Post
In response to rink rat. Its fine for you to say you do not care about Westerns but it is obvious that SHA does want to send the best team possible to compete. Compete? Ask the boys and coaches what their feelings on Westerns are? Chances are its every teams goal to get there. Again about sask first zone tournament, it is very improtant for these boys who have dreams to one day play in the WHL or to represent thier province for the under 16's and so on. If no body cared about Westerns and Sask First then whats the point. You say zone 4 had kids that played tier 2? Yes they did because they had only 20-30 kids register for zone try outs? They had no choice but to take tier 2 players. Its a number system and Zone 4 does not have the numbers or the area like the other stacked zones in the Province. Its the same every year. SHA needs to figure this out and revamp the zones to make them all equal or try to anyways. What SHA should do is if they cannot even up the zones is for each zone have a tryout. If you make that zone tryout, you then get put in a provincial zone draft and at that point each team is made up. It should not be about which zone dominates but about the best players in the province getting split up into different teams forming the zone tournament.
I think you're conflating Westerns and Sask First. I didn't get any sense from Rink Rat's post that he undervalues the Sask First program. Quite the opposite. What I gathered is that he wants the maximum number of elite players to be involved, with all players of equal skill having an equal opportunity of participating. What zone wins is really inconsequential. It's supposed to be a showcase for elite talent, not elite teams (or geographical bragging rights).

As for Westerns, I think you're right, the SHA does want "us" to be competitive. Why that is I'm not sure. Other than the occasional statistical anomaly, geographical and population constraints make any attempt at being competitive at Westerns (ie, a 10 team league) unworkable. So I'd argue Westerns is pretty much pointless (other than the value that comes with participating). That doesn't mean, however, that the process getting there is pointless. Due to the unique challenges we face in Saskatchewan, we created a AA system allowing the maximum number of kids to play quality hockey and all the while producing elite players at a better rate than our provincial neighbors. Seems like a win-win scenario to me. Finally, I watched the Frostbite a few years back come from behind and defeat Lumsden for the honor to go on to Westerns. They didn't win a game there, but judging from the celebrations I saw on the ice that day, I have a difficult time believing that losing those games diminished in any way the pride they felt for that achievement.

dickiedunnwrotethis is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:13 PM
  #729
SaskRinkRat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
I think Dickie characterized my thoughts on SaskFirst quite well. What I said was that I couldn't care less about which zone WINS the SaskFirst tournament. What I care about is making sure the players that deserve to be there are there, from a provincial standpoint. So this does probably mean that we need to re-think the zones to make the player drawing areas more even.

SaskRinkRat is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 11:45 AM
  #730
nah68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=SaskRinkRat;64538781]Is anyone really saying that Saskatoon should be allowed to dictate terms? From where I sit it looks very much like both leagues want each other. Saskatoon wants to join so they don't have to play the same 5 (other) teams all the time. SBAAHL wants Saskatoon so that travel can be a little more manageable. SHA wants Saskatoon involved or they wouldn't have tried to get them in the league back when it started a few years ago. And I think the discussion hear bares all of that out - both SBAAHL and SMHA leaning folks here clearly want some sort of joint resolution to this, otherwise this discussion wouldn't be popping up continually. Neither side thinks the optimum solution is for the two leagues to operate separately.

I don't usually agree with you rink rat but I will say you are right with this....but when you have 2 sides that won't budge...then what? You have to remember Sha did not have the power to mandate saskatoon in when this league was started, I highly doubt they will be able to do the opposite. The Sha regs state min 4 teams, to a max of 6. Do you not think 5 is a good starting point? Then you can tweak from there, its easy to convince a board to go down to 5 to 4, but would be near impossible to do the opposite. We could beat this thing to death, but in the end I really believe the city can compete with 5.

nah68 is online now  
Old
04-24-2013, 12:15 PM
  #731
SaskRinkRat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nah68 View Post
I don't usually agree with you rink rat but I will say you are right with this....but when you have 2 sides that won't budge...then what? You have to remember Sha did not have the power to mandate saskatoon in when this league was started, I highly doubt they will be able to do the opposite. The Sha regs state min 4 teams, to a max of 6. Do you not think 5 is a good starting point? Then you can tweak from there, its easy to convince a board to go down to 5 to 4, but would be near impossible to do the opposite. We could beat this thing to death, but in the end I really believe the city can compete with 5.
If I was involved in the discussions from Saskatoon's point of view (and I am definitely not), I would be comfortable with starting with 5 if I could be assured that there was a plan in place to evaluate how well it worked, and if I could trust that SBAAHL would be open to allowing SMHA to drop to 4 teams in future years. All of the details would have to be ironed out, but basically if I was SMHA I would want to know that the league wasn't set up so that Saskatoon could never win. And I don't mean that they would have to always be able to win. Basically what I would want to avoid if I was Saskatoon is the situation Regina was in before it dropped to 3 teams.

You can pretty much paint a picture of what competitiveness looks like:

- Saskatoon teams would average about a .500 record (collectively they would win about as many games as they lose).
- Saskatoon teams would be distributed throughout the standings (if they make up 5 out of 11 teams, you would expect 2-3 of them to finish in the top 5 and 2-3 of them to finish in the bottom 5).

You could try this for 3 years and see if it plays out with 5 teams, and if it doesn't then reduce to 4. You could also have some "dealbreaker" provisions that would enable things to change after one year: i.e., all Saskatoon teams finish in the bottom 7, or all of them finish in the top 7, etc.

I don't think it would be that hard to come up with a "desired outcome", IF both sides are interested in Saskatoon teams being able to compete in the league. SBAAHL would have to feel like if they get their show run, things can change, SMHA would have to feel like if they can't compete, things can change.

SaskRinkRat is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 12:16 PM
  #732
redtitan20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nah68 View Post
I don't usually agree with you rink rat but I will say you are right with this....but when you have 2 sides that won't budge...then what? You have to remember Sha did not have the power to mandate saskatoon in when this league was started, I highly doubt they will be able to do the opposite. The Sha regs state min 4 teams, to a max of 6. Do you not think 5 is a good starting point? Then you can tweak from there, its easy to convince a board to go down to 5 to 4, but would be near impossible to do the opposite. We could beat this thing to death, but in the end I really believe the city can compete with 5.
If this drags on too long, there will be too much work through summer for both leagues and their volunteers to make it all happen anyway. Its getting stupider by the day. It really seems to me that the problem does not lie with SHA and its bylaws. GSHL/SMHA is used to dominating and hasn't for a couple years. Big deal. SBAAHL by most accounts is enjoying the success of their league as it is. They would welcome balanced divisions and slightly easier schedules, but I don't blame them for not wanting to allow Stoon to come in and dominate.

Another option for GSHL is to stay home, play in their own league, drop to 5 teams for one year, and then see if they can compete at tournaments. If they do, discussion over and apply to SBAAHL again. At Graham Tuer, GSHL had 5 wins, 1 tie and 4 losses of 2 goals or less over 23 games. Not a good record, but they were missing many players to a ball tournament. The Generals tied the Pat Blues and beat Battleford and Swift Current, without their top player Dawson Holt. There were many games involving two SBAAHL teams that were blowouts as well. No system is perfect. GSHL with 5 Stoon teams, M'ville, Clavet, and Delisle would make a nice league to try. Just a thought.....

redtitan20 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 12:20 PM
  #733
redtitan20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post
If I was involved in the discussions from Saskatoon's point of view (and I am definitely not), I would be comfortable with starting with 5 if I could be assured that there was a plan in place to evaluate how well it worked, and if I could trust that SBAAHL would be open to allowing SMHA to drop to 4 teams in future years. All of the details would have to be ironed out, but basically if I was SMHA I would want to know that the league wasn't set up so that Saskatoon could never win. And I don't mean that they would have to always be able to win. Basically what I would want to avoid if I was Saskatoon is the situation Regina was in before it dropped to 3 teams.

You can pretty much paint a picture of what competitiveness looks like:

- Saskatoon teams would average about a .500 record (collectively they would win about as many games as they lose).
- Saskatoon teams would be distributed throughout the standings (if they make up 5 out of 11 teams, you would expect 2-3 of them to finish in the top 5 and 2-3 of them to finish in the bottom 5).

You could try this for 3 years and see if it plays out with 5 teams, and if it doesn't then reduce to 4. You could also have some "dealbreaker" provisions that would enable things to change after one year: i.e., all Saskatoon teams finish in the bottom 7, or all of them finish in the top 7, etc.

I don't think it would be that hard to come up with a "desired outcome", IF both sides are interested in Saskatoon teams being able to compete in the league. SBAAHL would have to feel like if they get their show run, things can change, SMHA would have to feel like if they can't compete, things can change.
RinkRat, makes total sense - maybe they should hire you as mediator

redtitan20 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 12:32 PM
  #734
TitanJofaDaoust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtitan20 View Post
If this drags on too long, there will be too much work through summer for both leagues and their volunteers to make it all happen anyway.
This is a cop out. Too much work! Ha! Where there is a will ... Fact is many second year parents want the change and many influential first year parents don't. It comes down to politics once again.

TitanJofaDaoust is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 12:44 PM
  #735
redtitan20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanJofaDaoust View Post
This is a cop out. Too much work! Ha! Where there is a will ... Fact is many second year parents want the change and many influential first year parents don't. It comes down to politics once again.
So, you are on one of the boards and are willing to sacrifice a bunch more time during the summer to get this done? Kudos to you! If all had as much 'will' as you, we'd not need this board to vent.

Please share the 'facts' where 2nd yr parents want it and 'influential' 1st yr parents don't. I have been told over and over there was no parent 'vote' this time around. You must be on the GSHL board to have this info....

redtitan20 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 01:16 PM
  #736
TitanJofaDaoust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtitan20 View Post
So, you are on one of the boards and are willing to sacrifice a bunch more time during the summer to get this done? Kudos to you! If all had as much 'will' as you, we'd not need this board to vent.

Please share the 'facts' where 2nd yr parents want it and 'influential' 1st yr parents don't. I have been told over and over there was no parent 'vote' this time around. You must be on the GSHL board to have this info....
Nope - not on the board. Not even in Stoon. Regina.. I know one board member and a dad from Stoon.. Hockey gossip is easy to attain. Why so defensive?

TitanJofaDaoust is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 02:02 PM
  #737
Superbowlfishca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Re sktn and sbaahl

I gather from all of these posts that most want Sktn in this league. I hope SHA/SBAAHL/GSHL(being pushed by all the stakeholders) read some of these posts because its seems like a no brainer that Saskatoon come into the league with 5 teams then reevaluate on yearly basis much like the senerio that happened with Regina. It only took 1 years evaluation to go down to three teams and look at the results. Regina was more competetive and league had great competitive balance. On any given night anybody could and did beat anybody.

So get 'er done!!!

Superbowlfishca is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 02:05 PM
  #738
SaskRinkRat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbowlfishca View Post
I gather from all of these posts that most want Sktn in this league. I hope SHA/SBAAHL/GSHL(being pushed by all the stakeholders) read some of these posts because its seems like a no brainer that Saskatoon come into the league with 5 teams then reevaluate on yearly basis much like the senerio that happened with Regina. It only took 1 years evaluation to go down to three teams and look at the results. Regina was more competetive and league had great competitive balance. On any given night anybody could and did beat anybody.

So get 'er done!!!
I think we have to remember, though, that this sort of approach takes two sides to agree. Would SBAAHL be open to that sort of approach? If Saskatoon joins with five, shows they can't compete with that many teams, would SBAAHL accept dropping to 4? Or would we have this whole debacle all over again next spring?

SaskRinkRat is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 02:34 PM
  #739
Superbowlfishca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Get r done!!

I dont know what any of the parties are thinking. Typical politically correct bull crap probably that causes all our institutions to be handcuffed.

Read all the posts over months reguarding this topic. Lots of great and what i consisder simple solutions.

Come in with 5. Put some pragmatic criteria in place to change based on results and GET R DONE!!!

No wonder we cant get anything done is this country everyone wants "perfection".
Screw it and get it done.

As a rural guy i could care less if sktn comes in with 4,5 or 6 just come in cause it will help my kid nad all the saskatoon kids and every kid in the province to have them in with some good caliber competiont in what already is a very good calibre league.

And just to finish the goal shoudl never be to compete at Westerns against AAA calibre teams. We do not have the population base at the moment to make this happen as many posters have stated and i agree.

The goal of each team in the SBAAHL should be to just "GET" to Westerns.

Superbowlfishca is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 03:36 PM
  #740
redtitan20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanJofaDaoust View Post
Nope - not on the board. Not even in Stoon. Regina.. I know one board member and a dad from Stoon.. Hockey gossip is easy to attain. Why so defensive?
whoa Jack - not defensive at all. just trying to show RESPECT for all the time put in behind the scenes by many volunteers, for the kids and a game they obviously love. many of those same volunteers also serve on boards of spring/summer sports. their time and effort deserves our respect.

you laughed, not me. everyone on this site has their own methods of obtaining the 'hockey gossip.' if you call yours 'fact' be prepared to back it up. i know many 1st yr and 2nd parents, as well as graduated bantam parents. the entire situation is a very divisive one, somewhat premeditated by SMHA's own actions a few years back (wish I still had a copy of that letter)

I agree with Rinkrat, Nah, Dickie, Superbowl, and many others. GIT'R DONE, but do it fast. Contrary to TitanJofa, there is LOTS of work to be done AFTER the decision is made. If we ever get summer, those people doing all the work so our kids can enjoy a game, deserve a break from all the politics and insanity.

redtitan20 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 08:16 PM
  #741
PokeCheck101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynoitall View Post
SHA needs to revamp the Zones. Just looking at it now and realizing that some of the zones are getting the raw end of the deal. When was the last time SHA looked at the make up of each zone. You look at Zone 4 as an example and no wonder why they have done so poorly in the past, they have no where to draw from. Look at zone 1 and look where they can draw from it is ridiculous. If it cannot be done correctly then SHA should look at a different format. Have your regular zone try outs like always and the top kids from each zone would then go into a draft format or some other method to get these teams evened up. The zone tournament is not to determine in my thoughts who the best team is but it is to be about the players and for them to showcase thier talents in front of scouts. Lets get real SHA and either revamp the zones and go to a different format. The last time that SHA probably looked at the zones was when White City was just a small town which it sure in hell is not now.
Sorry, but you said zone 4 has done poorly and has no where to draw from. The city of Yorkton has 16, 000 people. Have you seen their enrollment numbers? they've got 5 initiation, 4 or 5 novice, etc, etc... Their pee wee AA team has been the best team in the province two years in a row and will likely be the SBAAHL champs and western rep in two years.

I don't see anything as having to be revamped. Sask First is bloody well about the players first. The quality AA players make Sask First, period. When they get on their zone team, that's their time to shine. The tournament is absolutely and 100% nothing to do with the zones. Who cares who wins? It's the players. The players are representing the zone. The players are all looked at by scouts at Sask First. That's what the spirit of Sask First is for. To identify kids worth a closer look. People are placing way too much emphasis on "zone" and not enough on the kids that are on those teams.

What would you all want to do? Re-structure the whole province for the sake of a weekend tournament? What's the significance folks? Scouts are not concerned with the scoreboard there. In fact, I submit that scouts are more impressed with players who elevate their team mates game throughout the weekend then they are about the scores. They're not sipping back a pop in their hotel room talking about who waxed who. They're talking about who impressed them.

PokeCheck101 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 08:29 PM
  #742
PokeCheck101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucktalk View Post
I hear that the Sask First model is the envy of the country, and I agree it is an excellent experience for players. SHA plays up the fact that every kid gets a shot, even the house players who don't get seen in AA. There is NO pre-scouting and it is all based on their performance in one weekend (whether that's true or not??) I would really like to see Sask First pick their zone teams over a few weekends instead of a single try-out where it's all or nothing or maybe some pre-scouting isn't a bad thing? In actual fact, very few house players have what it takes to crack a zone team anyway. Even if they possess the skill, they lack the experience of playing at a high level. In fact, Sask First was pushing injured kids to try-out anyway which is NOT in any players best interest. Maybe something like Manitoba's system? What I noticed looking at zone rosters, is that a few high end players didn't make their respective teams, some due to one bad weekend or politics and some due to injury or illness. After all, they are looking for the best players in the province to showcase their talents so why not do everything possible to find those players. I like the Manitoba showcase model which I'm sure could be tweeked to include some house players if that is so important to them.
Some pre-scouting is not a bad idea, I agree. However "a one weekend" try out for Sask First is not the same as your AA team try outs at the beginning of the season. You've had a whole season under your belt so in this respect that is why you do not see alot of house league players make the team. So what is the problem? Some house league players have let the opportunity pass by because they want to play at home (no problem whatsoever) or they are intimidated to play at the higher level (no problem)... Then they come to Sask First to crack the roster and get upset when they (sorry I mean their parents get upset) don't make the team even though they are the best player on their house team... Bottom line, Sask First takes the best players available who attend the try out.

PokeCheck101 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:13 PM
  #743
PokeCheck101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post
I think Dickie characterized my thoughts on SaskFirst quite well. What I said was that I couldn't care less about which zone WINS the SaskFirst tournament. What I care about is making sure the players that deserve to be there are there, from a provincial standpoint. So this does probably mean that we need to re-think the zones to make the player drawing areas more even.
Here, here on who gives a _____ who wins Sask First tourney.... I'm in disagreement with re-aligning zones. If we don't care who wins the tourney why do we care what team any kid plays on. Doesn't matter. The point of the tournament is for the best reps from their area to bring their best for a weekend showcase. In fact one can argue that clear stand outs on a sub par team would get a real good look against tough zones. That's the way it is. Leave it be.

PokeCheck101 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:25 PM
  #744
PokeCheck101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanJofaDaoust View Post
This is a cop out. Too much work! Ha! Where there is a will ... Fact is many second year parents want the change and many influential first year parents don't. It comes down to politics once again.
Heh, now we finally have someone here who is willing to step out and say something that we all know exists. You bet the elite second year parents want in and so do their kids, believe you me.... It's about seeing how you measure up against the best when you're at the AA or Midget AAA level... Period... There are first year parents whom I know d___n well are nervous about whether their kid will make it as a first year bantam with only 4 teams... Heck with 5 or 6 teams. Plain and simple, cut and dry. Thank you. Politics in action. When you mention the word influential, that definitely strikes a chord...

You don't cater to the few, you cater to the masses and you do it because it is right. Enough already with 4, 5, 6 teams. GSHL teams dominating? I do not think so. Competitive yes, dominant, no. Either make it work or move on. Can someone who actually knows the brass tacks chime in here already. All I see day in day out on here is speculation ad nauseam. We're talking about not being able to come to an agreement by one bloody team? 4 or 5... I'm sorry, if that's truly the case then both sides should walk away and be done with it already. If this keeps up the season will have started and both executives will still be stuck in a boardroom with their heads in the sand.

Westerns... What's wrong with wanting to compete and show well? WC won bronze. Third best team in Western Canada, not bad folks. Not bad. Sure they blew it in playdowns and came in the back door. Still won bronze.

PokeCheck101 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:27 PM
  #745
PokeCheck101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbowlfishca View Post
I gather from all of these posts that most want Sktn in this league. I hope SHA/SBAAHL/GSHL(being pushed by all the stakeholders) read some of these posts because its seems like a no brainer that Saskatoon come into the league with 5 teams then reevaluate on yearly basis much like the senerio that happened with Regina. It only took 1 years evaluation to go down to three teams and look at the results. Regina was more competetive and league had great competitive balance. On any given night anybody could and did beat anybody.

So get 'er done!!!
Well said. Too bad it makes too much sense.

PokeCheck101 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:29 PM
  #746
PokeCheck101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbowlfishca View Post
I dont know what any of the parties are thinking. Typical politically correct bull crap probably that causes all our institutions to be handcuffed.

Read all the posts over months reguarding this topic. Lots of great and what i consisder simple solutions.

Come in with 5. Put some pragmatic criteria in place to change based on results and GET R DONE!!!

No wonder we cant get anything done is this country everyone wants "perfection".
Screw it and get it done.

As a rural guy i could care less if sktn comes in with 4,5 or 6 just come in cause it will help my kid nad all the saskatoon kids and every kid in the province to have them in with some good caliber competiont in what already is a very good calibre league.

And just to finish the goal shoudl never be to compete at Westerns against AAA calibre teams. We do not have the population base at the moment to make this happen as many posters have stated and i agree.

The goal of each team in the SBAAHL should be to just "GET" to Westerns.
The true "gold" is a provincial title... Westerns is for exposure and the extra gravy to cap off a well played season.

PokeCheck101 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:33 PM
  #747
PokeCheck101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtitan20 View Post
whoa Jack - not defensive at all. just trying to show RESPECT for all the time put in behind the scenes by many volunteers, for the kids and a game they obviously love. many of those same volunteers also serve on boards of spring/summer sports. their time and effort deserves our respect.

you laughed, not me. everyone on this site has their own methods of obtaining the 'hockey gossip.' if you call yours 'fact' be prepared to back it up. i know many 1st yr and 2nd parents, as well as graduated bantam parents. the entire situation is a very divisive one, somewhat premeditated by SMHA's own actions a few years back (wish I still had a copy of that letter)

I agree with Rinkrat, Nah, Dickie, Superbowl, and many others. GIT'R DONE, but do it fast. Contrary to TitanJofa, there is LOTS of work to be done AFTER the decision is made. If we ever get summer, those people doing all the work so our kids can enjoy a game, deserve a break from all the politics and insanity.
With all the talk, inuendo. conspiracy theory, maybe this is SMHA/GSHL/SBAAHL executives "master plan," .... Make the "sane" insane by talking about it so much.. lol. Folks, I need a break... This is too much already.

PokeCheck101 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:42 PM
  #748
PokeCheck101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiedunnwrotethis View Post
QFT

I'm fairly agnostic about Saskatoon joining the SBAAHL. Part of me, of course, would enjoy watching some of the best players in the North come to Saskatoon on a regular basis. On the otherhand, I've enjoyed following the GSHL for the last 5 years. The games are competitive and the maximum number of kids are allowed to play quality hockey. Whether they're competitive in Regina or PA (or allowed to competed for Westerns) really doesn't diminish this fact.

So really...whatever. Just make a decision. I don't see anyone - on either side - wearing white hats. If the league doesn't want 4 Saskatoon teams then live with a 6 team Northern division and the extra travel and expense that ensues. And if Saskatoon won't enter with 5 teams, then keep the status quo and live with tournament losses and possibly some player defections. Either way, I'm fairly confident the Earth will continue spinning on its axis.
To correct you Dickie, a more accurate statement is to say the Earth will continue to "rotate" around its axis... Coincidentally it rotates counter-clockwise and actually "spins" slower now then it did in the past. Thus days are longer than they used to be.. Why is this important everyone... Well it's a pretty good comparison to the GSHL/SBAAHL debate in that they're both spinning backward, going slower and from what I'm reading many would like them to both sit on it and rotate.

PokeCheck101 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 10:11 PM
  #749
dickiedunnwrotethis
Registered User
 
dickiedunnwrotethis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeCheck101 View Post
To correct you Dickie, a more accurate statement is to say the Earth will continue to "rotate" around its axis... Coincidentally it rotates counter-clockwise and actually "spins" slower now then it did in the past. Thus days are longer than they used to be.. Why is this important everyone... Well it's a pretty good comparison to the GSHL/SBAAHL debate in that they're both spinning backward, going slower and from what I'm reading many would like them to both sit on it and rotate.
Bravo, sir.
Back to remedial science for me.

dickiedunnwrotethis is online now  
Old
04-24-2013, 10:37 PM
  #750
Superbowlfishca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Love U Man

Dickie - PokeCheck
This discussion is all relative!
Great posts.

Superbowlfishca is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.