HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Semin and Hurricanes agree to 5 year, 7 million avg deal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 11:10 AM
  #176
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?
 
Finlandia WOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhamm View Post
His jersey number is divisible by 7 AND 4.
His jersey number is also a perfect number, where the sum of a number's positive divisors are equal to it's number (1+2+4+7+14=28).

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:15 PM
  #177
jayhamm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway to Cap Hell View Post
His jersey number is also a perfect number, where the sum of a number's positive divisors are equal to it's number (1+2+4+7+14=28).
I've never come across the concept of perfect numbers. Very cool.

jayhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:56 PM
  #178
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway to Cap Hell View Post
His jersey number is also a perfect number, where the sum of a number's positive divisors are equal to it's number (1+2+4+7+14=28).
You beat me to it. Tim Gleason's jersey is also a perfect number (6). Too bad no one on the team wears 496

As a joke, we should try to thusly confuse the main board by not referring to Semin by his name and rather only refer to him as: σ1(n) = 2n

ie: Man did all y'all see σ1(n) = 2n's crazy game last nite? 3 goals and 5 points.

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:25 AM
  #179
loobarlow
Registered User
 
loobarlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to loobarlow
I love Semin.

loobarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 04:35 AM
  #180
rocky7
#TellitlikeitIsn't
 
rocky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: God's country
Posts: 3,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loobarlow View Post
I love Semin.
Geesh. I fell asleep with the computer on my lap and woke up to see this thread bumped up again. There's no denying what AS has done for ES and JT, and the entire team for that matter even while playing hurt for a while now. Apparently his forearms, wrists and hands have been slashed up. Tough to shoot and pass quite so effectively when playing numbed and taped up. He should have sat out but I guess he has still been dangerous out there and it's probably not an injury with long term consequences. It's probably a common injury for guys like him. Anyhow, I woke up to see this post. What? Did you lose a bet or something loobarlow .?

rocky7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:38 PM
  #181
loobarlow
Registered User
 
loobarlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to loobarlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky7 View Post
Geesh. I fell asleep with the computer on my lap and woke up to see this thread bumped up again. There's no denying what AS has done for ES and JT, and the entire team for that matter even while playing hurt for a while now. Apparently his forearms, wrists and hands have been slashed up. Tough to shoot and pass quite so effectively when playing numbed and taped up. He should have sat out but I guess he has still been dangerous out there and it's probably not an injury with long term consequences. It's probably a common injury for guys like him. Anyhow, I woke up to see this post. What? Did you lose a bet or something loobarlow .?
Hey man, a PPG player? I will love as much Semin as possible to keep a player like that happy on our team.

I really do love Semin.

loobarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:53 PM
  #182
rocky7
#TellitlikeitIsn't
 
rocky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: God's country
Posts: 3,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loobarlow View Post
Hey man, a PPG player? I will love as much Semin as possible to keep a player like that happy on our team.

I really do love Semin.
I was just razzing you and agree easily. Surprisingly or not, we are it seems, in the minority. Alex Semin brought something that Canes fans hadn't seen in years. His game isn't understood by most fully. Nor is how he has single handedly transformed every player on this team in some way. That said, IMO he will be traded within a year or two at most so it may be a non-issue anyways. Jiri will most likely be gone as well. IMO, this is not an organization in which European players can be promoted and therefore, will never excell to their full potential. Semin may not be a good example at this early juncture however, talk of trading Jiri is indicative of this. JR or whoever is at the helm should make it a priority to find other Europeans to play with Semin and Jiri. That will never happen here IMO.

rocky7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:02 PM
  #183
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 23,472
vCash: 500


Rocky, your presumptions and assumptions are always a good read.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:15 PM
  #184
rocky7
#TellitlikeitIsn't
 
rocky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: God's country
Posts: 3,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post


Rocky, your presumptions and assumptions are always a good read.
If you are content with this team so be it. You are not alone it would seem. Another year at the bottom of the barrel and hey, that's how they roll. Nothing will change if the loser mentality continues. You are right tho. It is able!

rocky7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:27 PM
  #185
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline bomber View Post


Rocky, your imaginative conspiracy theories always a good read.
ftfy, bb

__________________
garnetpalmetto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:27 PM
  #186
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 23,472
vCash: 500
You've got some odd obsession with getting Semin off this team. First you claimed he wouldn't resign with the Canes, because he'd somehow find another team that'll pay him more than 7 mil a year. Now you're claiming JR will trade him in a year or two, which would only happen if all those things you claim aren't true about Semin (lazy, only plays for the contract, etc) were in fact true.

And now because one person throws out the idea of trading Tlusty (with good reasoning behind it), suddenly the organization hates Europeans. You know, despite spending the past couple years with 3 Europeans as a big part of their core.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:31 PM
  #187
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
You've got some odd obsession with getting Semin off this team. First you claimed he wouldn't resign with the Canes, because he'd somehow find another team that'll pay him more than 7 mil a year. Now you're claiming JR will trade him in a year or two, which would only happen if all those things you claim aren't true about Semin (lazy, only plays for the contract, etc) were in fact true.

And now because one person throws out the idea of trading Tlusty (with good reasoning behind it), suddenly the organization hates Europeans. You know, despite spending the past couple years with 3 Europeans as a big part of their core.
And past instances of Euros in key roles.

garnetpalmetto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:42 PM
  #188
rocky7
#TellitlikeitIsn't
 
rocky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: God's country
Posts: 3,389
vCash: 500
Time will tell. I won't argue about it but in my opinion if this team is run as is, there is close to zero chance that they will make the playoffs for many years to come. Especially in the realignment next season. And yes. I would like to see Semin and Tlusty moved out of here. However, I do think Semin likes living there regardless. No pressure, nice place to live, etc., and he just has to go out there and get a point a game and all's cool. 7 mil. please. Thank you. Good for him.

rocky7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:13 PM
  #189
Roboturner913
Registered User
 
Roboturner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
And past instances of Euros in key roles.
Hey, now, just because Sami Kapanen only scored 4 points in like 80 games before he was traded, doesn't mean it's not a conspiracy, man.

Think about it, almost every European who has played for the franchise, except for the ones on the current roster, all of them are gone.

Oleg Tverdovsky? Gone
Tommy Westlund? Gone
Nic Wallin? Gone
Jaro Svoboda? Gone
Nik Nordgren? Gone
Sandis Ozolinsh? Gone
Radim Vrbata? Gone
Frank Kaberle? Gone
Tomas Kaberle? Gone
Archie Irbe? Gone
Robert Kron? Gone
THE Anton Babchuk? Gone
Martin Gerber? Gone
Jan Hlavac? Gone
Pavel Brendl? Gone
Danny Markov? Gone
Sergei Samsonov? Gone
Dennis Seidenberg? Gone

I don't know, sounds pretty bad to me.


Last edited by Roboturner913: 04-27-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:27 AM
  #190
geehaad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,002
vCash: 500
Man, talk about a list chock full of mistakes in letting a player walk...

Just think how good the Canes would be this year with all of those players.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:31 AM
  #191
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
Hey, now, just because Sami Kapanen only scored 4 points in like 80 games before he was traded, doesn't mean it's not a conspiracy, man.

Think about it, almost every European who has played for the franchise, except for the ones on the current roster, all of them are gone.

Oleg Tverdovsky? Gone
Tommy Westlund? Gone
Nic Wallin? Gone
Jaro Svoboda? Gone
Nik Nordgren? Gone
Sandis Ozolinsh? Gone
Radim Vrbata? Gone
Frank Kaberle? Gone
Tomas Kaberle? Gone
Archie Irbe? Gone
Robert Kron? Gone
THE Anton Babchuk? Gone
Martin Gerber? Gone
Jan Hlavac? Gone
Pavel Brendl? Gone
Danny Markov? Gone
Sergei Samsonov? Gone
Dennis Seidenberg? Gone

I don't know, sounds pretty bad to me.
I think you're onto something here, Robo. I think it goes beyond just Euros though. Let's look at good 'ole 'Murricans. Every 'Murrican the team has ever had, except for the ones that are on the current roster, are gone too!

Dan LaCouture? Gone
Dwight Helminen? Gone
Michael Ryan? Gone
Andrew Alberts? Gone
Brian Pothier? Gone
Tim Conboy? Gone
Matt Cullen? Gone
Erik Cole? Gone
Ryan Carter? Gone
Brian Boucher? Gone

It extend to coaching too!

Peter Laviolette? Gone
Tom Barasso? Gone

I think we're onto something here. Something...big.

garnetpalmetto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:04 AM
  #192
Goodafternoon
Registered User
 
Goodafternoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boone
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
Think about it, almost every European who has played for the franchise, except for the ones on the current roster, all of them are gone.

I don't know, sounds pretty bad to me.
I don't know, sounds pretty dumb to me.

Goodafternoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:27 AM
  #193
Roboturner913
Registered User
 
Roboturner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
I think you're onto something here, Robo. I think it goes beyond just Euros though. Let's look at good 'ole 'Murricans. Every 'Murrican the team has ever had, except for the ones that are on the current roster, are gone too!

Dan LaCouture? Gone
Dwight Helminen? Gone
Michael Ryan? Gone
Andrew Alberts? Gone
Brian Pothier? Gone
Tim Conboy? Gone
Matt Cullen? Gone
Erik Cole? Gone
Ryan Carter? Gone
Brian Boucher? Gone

It extend to coaching too!

Peter Laviolette? Gone
Tom Barasso? Gone

I think we're onto something here. Something...big.
You forgot about Aucoin and Boulerice.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:36 AM
  #194
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
You forgot about Aucoin and Boulerice.
Yes! Two more players carelessly and ruthlessly cast aside by the conspiracy! I thought of another, too. Doug Weight. It's almost acquired Weight just to cast him aside as soon as the season was over - like a...disposable player! This conspiracy goes deep, no doubt. Between you, me, and rocky7 though, I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it.

garnetpalmetto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:37 AM
  #195
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,190
vCash: 500
Joe Corvo is American and used to play for the team, but still plays for the team

Mind=blown

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:10 AM
  #196
Anton Dubinchuk
yeeeeee
 
Anton Dubinchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaxing Joni Jokel View Post
Joe Corvo is American and used to play for the team, but still plays for the team

Mind=blown
Erik Cole is an American who used to play for the team and also will in the future.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:07 AM
  #197
Roboturner913
Registered User
 
Roboturner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodafternoon View Post
I don't know, sounds pretty dumb to me.
Dumb like a fox.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:53 AM
  #198
bleedgreen
Moderator
 
bleedgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 10,845
vCash: 500
Lots of teams compensate for the one dimensional scorer and go on. It's the rest of the squad that needs to be solid. Semin isn't as one dimensional as we thought, and we need a ppg guy. If he was a guy who had everything we wouldn't have gotten him. I don't love tlusty either but he's done the job and I've come around to like him.

To me the defense is the stereotypical euro problem, and I mean the whole group. They play like Don Cherry's worst nightmare.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:16 AM
  #199
TheBigKahuna
Registered User
 
TheBigKahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canes Country
Posts: 2,860
vCash: 500
Robert Kron isnt gone. He's still on the payroll, as a scout.

TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:09 AM
  #200
Joe McGrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
Lots of teams compensate for the one dimensional scorer and go on. It's the rest of the squad that needs to be solid. Semin isn't as one dimensional as we thought, and we need a ppg guy. If he was a guy who had everything we wouldn't have gotten him. I don't love tlusty either but he's done the job and I've come around to like him.

To me the defense is the stereotypical euro problem, and I mean the whole group. They play like Don Cherry's worst nightmare.


And they are almost all American.

Joe McGrath is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.