HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

#2 C to Dallas

Old
04-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Morry83
14-90-91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Maybe a stars fan with half a brain who actually wants to talk about hockey will give you feedback, DD is definitely a #2 C that could fill a need
Sorry, we're not looking to add another munchkin to the Lolipop Guild here in Dallas.

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:41 PM
ShortSideFlick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post
Yeah, I re-read what I wrote, and noticed that it seemed very harshly directed at you! Haha! Didn't mean it like that at all!

As far Faksa goes, he was injured for quite some time this year and was put into more of a defensive role. He'll come around again. I'm still holding on to the hope that he could play next year. I highly doubt it, but the Stars finally have a prospect pool to be excited about.

By the way, are you ever able to go to Rangers games?

Cheers to you as well!
S'all good. I used to go to a lot of Rangers games (on my own dime + having a family friend with seasons tix lol) but didn't go to any this year. I really liked Faksa last year, plus the leafs grabbing a centre with size and skill who played in my area would be cool.

Love the size and skill in your prospect pool, I'd be excited too!

ShortSideFlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Maybe a stars fan with half a brain who actually wants to talk about hockey will give you feedback, DD is definitely a #2 C that could fill a need
He is a 2nd line center worth considering, but the asking price is a guy who was quickly shown to be the best of all of the young forwards the Stars gave a try this season.

The Stars desperately need two top line centers, but Chiasson is a request that is hard to consider right now given how great he looked in his short stint with the Stars. Chiasson was the brightest spot at forward for Stars under 40 years old, so asking to part with him for a serviceable but not great 2nd line center is a tough pill to swallow.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Morry83
14-90-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortSideFlick View Post
S'all good. I used to go to a lot of Rangers games (on my own dime + having a family friend with seasons tix lol) but didn't go to any this year. I really liked Faksa last year, plus the leafs grabbing a centre with size and skill who played in my area would be cool.

Love the size and skill in your prospect pool, I'd be excited too!
We have no blue chip prospects, but tremendous depth. A plethora of big, mean defensemen and quite a few power/two-way forwards. Definitely exciting, for Dallas fans.

Toronto has a nice pool, as well. Reilly and Gardiner are definitely two defensemen to get excited about. I also really like Biggs.

Back on topic though, if any Oilers fans are reading this thread, what's Gagner's value? Does the previous proposal work?

Gagner+Whitney

for

Daley+Fraser+4th?

4th seems pointless, but I'd definitely do this deal.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:54 PM
ShortSideFlick

Lol, and in response to the "maybe in nhl 13" comment, my Leafs team has Benn and Faksa, although Faksa is still only a 78 overall despite being 23 and playing on the marlies top line for year after year. WTF EA!?!?

Old
04-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Morry83
14-90-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
He is a 2nd line center worth considering, but the asking price is a guy who was quickly shown to be the best of all of the young forwards the Stars gave a try this season.

The Stars desperately need two top line centers, but Chiasson is a request that is hard to consider right now given how great he looked in his short stint with the Stars. Chiasson was the brightest spot at forward for Stars under 40 years old, so asking to part with him for a serviceable but not great 2nd line center is a tough pill to swallow.
Thank you. However, in the future, don't bother explaining things to Hlav. We don't know what exactly, but there's definitely something seriously wrong. I'm not sure if its an issue at home, or maybe bullying at the bus stop, but there's definitely a mental incapacity and inability to comprehend common sense/logic. We appreciate the attempt to reach him though.

As far as what you said...spot on. Chiasson, if this current rate of scoring keeps up, is untouchable (within reason). Even if he stops scoring, he still brings many intangibles with his speed, physicality, and net presence.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Morry83
14-90-91

Quote:
Lol, and in response to the "maybe in nhl 13" comment, my Leafs team has Benn and Faksa, although Faksa is still only a 78 overall despite being 23 and playing on the marlies top line for year after year. WTF EA!?!?
He does NOT develop well in this game. I don't know what the problem is! Hahaha!

Old
04-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
I would much rather make a move for Eller or something. I don't believe Desharnais or Plex are going to be moved, and I think Galchenyuk can easily usurp Eller as that young center of the future.

Perhaps something around Fraser+ for Eller?

e: And put Faksa on the NHL roster, he'll grow faster I'm sure...

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Morry83
14-90-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
I would much rather make a move for Eller or something. I don't believe Desharnais or Plex are going to be moved, and I think Galchenyuk can easily usurp Eller as that young center of the future.

Unfortunately, I haven't even started a legitimate Be a GM with Dallas because EA's roster are absolutely atrocious. However in all my other BAGM's, he rarely turns into a great player. I personally would start him at 1C with Benn and Loui on his wings.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:14 AM
ShortSideFlick

Yeah.. no one under 4.5 potential and 87 overall on my top 2 lines so he really doesn't justify displacing someone :/. And other then benn are all 21 to 25 still.

Back to the topic though, is grabovski of no interest to you guys, or just when it comes to faksa/your first? I think with some salary retention he still has value, especially if his role would be a 2nd line centre instead of a checker.

With Kadri having earned a spot and colborne looking pretty good tonight I just don't see grabo in our future.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Yeah.. no one under 4.5 potential and 87 overall on my top 2 lines so he really doesn't justify displacing someone :/. And other then benn are all 21 to 25 still.

Back to the topic though, is grabovski of no interest to you guys, or just when it comes to faksa/your first? I think with some salary retention he still has value, especially if his role would be a 2nd line centre instead of a checker.

With Kadri having earned a spot and colborne looking pretty good tonight I just don't see grabo in our future.
I asked in the other thread about that.

I'd be okay with Grabo @ 4-4.5, but there is no way we're giving up our first or Faksa for him when we could just go out and try to sign Bozak or Weiss or some cheap stopgap.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:22 AM
ShortSideFlick

Hard to argue with that... what kind of assets would you consider offering up for grabo then? I'd be on board with eating some salary if it means we can get a decent return.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:29 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Hard to argue with that... what kind of assets would you consider offering up for grabo then? I'd be on board with eating some salary if it means we can get a decent return.
Robidas+Fraser or Reilly Smith?

Old
04-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

I wouldn't offer Reilly Smith.

Robidas+Fraser is the best Dallas would offer, otherwise the Leafs can offer him to some other team.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
I wouldn't offer Reilly Smith.

Robidas+Fraser is the best Dallas would offer, otherwise the Leafs can offer him to some other team.
Oh I forget that I'm low on Smith after this so-so showing this year.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:57 AM
ShortSideFlick

Robidas would probably have been useful if we'd picked him up at the deadline, but I don't have much interest in him after this year.

I'm not too familiar with fraser or smith. Fraser could be of interest but sounds a lot like ashton (correct me if I'm wrong) and we've got a lot of wingers already. Has smith put on some weight yet? everything I looked up for him had him at 160 something but i know this type of thing often doesn't get updated from their draft year.

I don't know enough about these guys but I'm guessing I wouldn't trade grabo for them. Any chance your second could be a part of a package?

Old
04-25-2013, 02:22 AM
Magic Man

Quote:
Robidas+Fraser or Reilly Smith?
Robidas + Vancouver's 2nd rounder for Grabo at 4.75 per?

Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
Robidas + Vancouver's 2nd rounder for Grabo at 4.75 per?
No... take more salary.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:25 AM
BeaverSports

Nieuwendyk was with the Maple Leafs when they recruited Tyler Bozak and I seem to remember some articles he was the guy who sold the NCAA kids on that franchise at the time. Bozak is a UFA and Dallas has some cap space. If he reaches the market, I wouldn't be surprised if they do that signing and most of the talk here is moot.

That said, I'd love the likes of a Pavelski or Gagner as well if the price were close and I'd definitely go after Weiss as well, regardless of whether I get Bozak.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Alflives*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
Nieuwendyk was with the Maple Leafs when they recruited Tyler Bozak and I seem to remember some articles he was the guy who sold the NCAA kids on that franchise at the time. Bozak is a UFA and Dallas has some cap space. If he reaches the market, I wouldn't be surprised if they do that signing and most of the talk here is moot.

That said, I'd love the likes of a Pavelski or Gagner as well if the price were close and I'd definitely go after Weiss as well, regardless of whether I get Bozak.
Bozak will be a Star next season, so why would Dallas need to move assets to get someone else? Bozak is a perfect fit there, and he costs only salary.

Alflives* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post

I do think Pavelski could be had if we got a younger top 6 high potential forward and a good pick coming back. With only 5 top 6 forwards on the sharks right now (with Clowe gone), Sharks should not trade Pavelski without a high end young forward coming back. A deal around Chiasson + for Pavelski could be enough to pry Pavelski away from us.

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:49 PM
BeaverSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Bozak will be a Star next season, so why would Dallas need to move assets to get someone else? Bozak is a perfect fit there, and he costs only salary.
If they brought in Bozak and someone else, they could move Benn to the wing where he might be better suited. So, if the price is right, I'd bring in another centre, but I'd bet Bozak is where they'll be looking first.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:00 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Any interest in Krejci?

Does Krejci + Koko get the B's anywhere near Louie? If not what needs to be added or a counter proposal all together for Krejci.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:10 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
I asked in the other thread about that.

I'd be okay with Grabo @ 4-4.5, but there is no way we're giving up our first or Faksa for him when we could just go out and try to sign Bozak or Weiss or some cheap stopgap.
That's fair.

What would you offer for Grabo?

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Draft

Quote:

Unlikely Eller gets moved. Doesn't make sense for the team to move him and not DD. Plekanec will only be around for so long. I'd consider him to be a core forward in the future. DD would likely be the only available centre from Montreal unless an important player is coming back. Eller's got too much potential and fits in too well with the future of the team.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote