HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you see the Kings signing in the Summer?

Old
04-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Scuderi and Regehr will be re-signed. Will probably look for a secondary left wing at a fair price, but if none are to be found then just re-sign Penner to another one year deal to help Toffoli ease into the lineup. Likely sign a backup goaltender if one isn't included in the deal for Bernier.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:47 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Scuderi and Regehr will be re-signed. Will probably look for a secondary left wing at a fair price, but if none are to be found then just re-sign Penner to another one year deal to help Toffoli ease into the lineup. Likely sign a backup goaltender if one isn't included in the deal for Bernier.
I don't know why so many of you guys are convinced that both Scuds and RR will be re-signed. I understand that DL mentioned their potential signing in the off-season, but we still have Mitchell and Greene under contract.

RR
Scuds
Greene
WM

That's 4 SAH dmen at a pretty hefty cost imo.

I say as long as WM is back, we sign one of RR or Scuds, NOT both. And I would definitely prefer RR over Scuds.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:51 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
I don't know why so many of you guys are convinced that both Scuds and RR will be re-signed. I understand that DL mentioned their potential signing in the off-season, but we still have Mitchell and Greene under contract.

RR
Scuds
Greene
WM

I say as long as WM is back, we sign one of RR or Scuds, NOT both. And I would definitely prefer RR over Scuds.
I have already mentioned this but we won't have the benefit of knowing if Mitchell will be good to go. RFA starts on July 5th. So just over 2 moths away. So I think we will sign both and make a trade if it comes to that. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. And if Mitchell can't come back then we use LTIR to get the salary back.

tsanuri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:07 AM
sweatypickle

Quote:
As for Toffoli, his situation is pretty much like Purcell's situation. A true top 6 RW who HAS to play LW. Hopefully, we'll have a better outcome with Toffoli than we did with Purcell.
Terry Murray is long gone...

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 04:23 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Toffoli, Bernier and one of the young PMD defensemen can go.
WHAT ? WHY are you kicking Toffoli to the curb already ? IMO this kid will be good and Kings would be FOOLISH to let him go for anything less than a huge overpayment of a return.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I love Matt Martin, but honestly he is a Clifford clone. I don't think he has that much upside. 7 goals is the most he has scored as a pro. Same as Cliffy. Martin might just be a bit of a better fighter. The one thing with Martin though is he has showed he can play with top end talent like Stamkos in Sarnia.
Martin is a much better fighter than Kyle, he's in another category. He's got decent hands and got wheels, I'd love to see him in a Kings uniform.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

RR
Scuds
Greene
WM

Because of DL's rhetoric when talking about Mitchell's injuries. It doesn't sound optimistic, and given Mitchell's past history, it is questionable that he returns. Mitchell is a question mark and Scuderi is healthy and proven durable.

Lombardi will want three veteran stay-at-home defenseman on the line, and it is questionable whether or not Mitchell will show signs of improvement by the summer time. These decisions have to be made in weeks, it isn't that far away, we are talking about free agents, we can't wait till camp. DL will want the sure thing, and that is to re-sign Regehr and Scuderi and be set with it.

Scuds is a proven warrior with two rings, letting him walk in favor of Ellerby would be a mistake if you can afford to keep him, and we can.

If Mitchell comes back, then great, that is a bonus, and then we jettison his contract after the year is done. There are worse things in the world than having Greene and Scuderi shut down opponents on a bottom pairing.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

The line up I'd like to see=Roll 4 balanced lines

Brown Kopitar Williams
(Pearson) Carter Richards
Clifford (Vey) (Toffoli)
King Stoll Lewis
Nolan
Fraser

DD Regher
Voynov Scuderi/Mitchell
Greene Muzzin
Martinez(slides up if Mitchell and Scuds are both gone)

Quick
??? (Jones)

Kings could move out:
King/Nolan
Amart
Bernier

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote