HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hype around Hainsey/Fischer?

Old
09-10-2006, 10:16 PM
leafaholix*

vCash: 500
Hype around Hainsey/Fischer?

Anyone remember the hype around Ron Hainsey when he was drafted? How does it compare to what we're seeing around David Fischer?

leafaholix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

If I recall correctly, there was more around Hainsey, but it's hard to distinguish because Hainsey usually did well at training camps and the like. Also, the Hainsey memories have probably tempered Fisher's reception by Habs fans somewhat.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Toro

I would say that most hab fans are still hung up on Lats, Grab, Chipp.

after they graduate, the hype around Fischer will increase if he is doing a good job with Johnson in College Minnesota st i believe???(confirm please)

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I would say that most hab fans are still hung up on Lats, Grab, Chipp.

after they graduate, the hype around Fischer will increase if he is doing a good job with Johnson in College Minnesota st i believe???(confirm please)
University of Minnesota

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Habsaholic

Lats wont make a good pro, he is gonna get eaten alive. I was big on him 1 yr ago

Fisher is gonna surprise people Price will awe folks....just wait

Habsaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 10:38 PM
frederixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaholic View Post
Lats wont make a good pro, he is gonna get eaten alive. I was big on him 1 yr ago

Fisher is gonna surprise people Price will awe folks....just wait
eklund?

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Habsaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederixx View Post
eklund?
what about eklund? I find his blog interesting thats about it

Old
09-10-2006, 10:53 PM
frederixx

Quote:
what about eklund? I find his blog interesting thats about it
seriously, what makes you think that Latendresse won't be a good pro and will get eaten alive?

Old
09-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Habsaholic

Quote:
seriously, what makes you think that Latendresse won't be a good pro and will get eaten alive?
Lats already had 2 concussions that we know of, 1 serious. He is immature and plays like it. Needs constant motivation and on the pro level he should be ready for 80+games, he isnt even close.

Old
09-10-2006, 10:55 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by your_rogers_bill View Post
Anyone remember the hype around Ron Hainsey when he was drafted? How does it compare to what we're seeing around David Fischer?
i think that people were more high about Hainsey than Fisher . First , a fan posted 1-2 days before the draft , a story about the idiot of that draft , and guess who it was ? Fisher ! so a lot of fans were furious about that selection of Timmins .

about this season , don't have too much hope of his devloppement , because his team is having a good d-men core . Fisher is going to get limited time only .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 11:13 PM
frederixx

Quote:
Lats already had 2 concussions that we know of, 1 serious. He is immature and plays like it. Needs constant motivation and on the pro level he should be ready for 80+games, he isnt even close.
i have no idea what you're talking about... he's a top prospect, had a great rookie camp so far and puts up improved numbers year after year... now, he's immature and plays like it? from what i remember, everyone (including Gainey and timmins) said that for a 18y (now 19) he had the maturity to be in the NHL already. do you know that he's one the youngest prospect we have?...

to stay on the subject, i really don't think that people are that high on Fisher... don't forget that he's one of the few prospects we have at D. since he's only 18, only time will tell

Old
09-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Habsaholic

Quote:
i have no idea what you're talking about... he's a top prospect, had a great rookie camp so far and puts up improved numbers year after year... now, he's immature and plays like it? from what i remember, everyone (including Gainey and timmins) said that for a 18y (now 19) he had the maturity to be in the NHL already. do you know that he's one the youngest prospect we have?...

to stay on the subject, i really don't think that people are that high on Fisher... don't forget that he's one of the few prospects we have at D. since he's only 18, only time will tell

Time will tell, agreed?

Old
09-11-2006, 01:04 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
I don't think there was a lot of hype for either of them. There was clamouring for fans on here to give Hainsey a chance to play (from me as well). I think they mishandled him, but then there are the reports that he lacks character. Who knows? He certainly seemed to work out in Columbus last year.

They are similar players skill-wise, but I think Fischer is much more mature than Hainsey was, so he'll probably develop faster, I dunno.

I saw Hainsey a couple times at Rookie Camp and during the instrasquad game in 2001 and he was the best puckmoving defenseman on the ice next to Markov. Then he got cut. He looked better than Fischer looked at this year's development camp, but he was also 3-4 years older in 2001 than Fischer was in 2006.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 06:45 AM
mcphee

I've heard no hype around Fischer. All I've seen is that he's got some filling out to do and will benefit from stiffer competition. He's considered a good long range prospect in an organization that needed to re-stock on the blueline.

You heard any hype Mr. YRB ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 07:03 AM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
I remember more than just Raycroft

Jim Carrey
I don't remember the other guys, but this guy was pretty funny.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Well where's they hype for Fischer??? I was impressed by his play at a development camp, sure, there's tons of work ahead, tons of bulking up to do but everyone's reports at a Dev.Camp doesn't make a player to be hyped.....

But there was a lot of it for Hainsey especially for his offensive play. I do remember tons of questions about his defensive play though.

In Fischer's case you see that he's a raw project but contrary to Hainsey, we can project that if he develops well he would become more complete than Hainsey would ever dream to be

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I haven't heard anything remotely approaching "hype" around Fischer yet. A few encouraging comments from the development camp and the US junior camp, but nothing that ever approached "hype". Hainsey had more hype for sure. Even then, it wasn't much, certainly nothing even remotely near the scale of Latendresse or even the growing Grabovski or post-draft Kostitsyn "hype".

And if anything, I would presume/predict that Fischer will have a very quiet and seemingly underwhelming year that will preclude him from getting any hype for quite a while to come. Things will start to build for him a couple years from now.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 10:08 AM
hab

I think fisher will be good, but I guess people are waiting until he plays against

against tougher competition to judge (we should know more about his potential

this season in the U of M). He should be a good pick for 20th overall.

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Kirk Muller*

Hainsey and Fischer are the least hyped Montreal first rounders of the past ten years.

Hainsey was seen as a reach. He only started getting hype after he had a great offensive season with University of Massachussets.

Fischer has not had much hype at all. Certainly none in comparison to Komisarek, Chipchura, Kostitsyn, Latendresse and Price.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Evil Ted

Every hockey team hypes there young players........

Last edited by montreal: 09-11-2006 at 11:38 AM. Reason: baiting
Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 11:35 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Yes I remember when Hainsey was drafted many people were wondering who the heck he was. Then as time went on all we would ever hear about was "Hollywood" had an attitude and couldn't keep a clean apartment. He was no where near as hyped as Komisarek, in fact imo it seemed many people had some sort of hate for Hainsey while Komisarek could do no wrong.

Fischer imo was more of a surprise to many, and since most hadn't seen him play there wasn't that much hype surrounding him other then what is to be expected from a 1st round pick.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote