HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Award's for posters?

Old
04-22-2013, 08:58 PM
19NYSports91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Mitch too.

This is not an easy task. Invariably some good posters are going to be missed by accident. This thread has the potential to make some good people feel bad.

I have already spotted some missing names that should not be missing, like Crew who has represented our board like a warrior in the trade rumor threads regularly. That he has come back mentally intact is a miracle you can't appreciate without spending some time in there.
Wow, I didn't even realize your avatar lol. I was looking at the face and I was like is that Walter White? My favorite show!

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:11 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Wow, I didn't even realize your avatar lol. I was looking at the face and I was like is that Walter White? My favorite show!
Hey thanks, but it is one of the many. Yours has become iconic. Do not change it, and seeing as to how superstitious you are, really do not change it! Lol....

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:14 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Mitch too.

This is not an easy task. Invariably some good posters are going to be missed by accident. This thread has the potential to make some good people feel bad.

I have already spotted some missing names that should not be missing, like Crew who has represented our board like a warrior in the trade rumor threads regularly. That he has come back mentally intact is a miracle you can't appreciate without spending some time in there.
You're right. I actually did nominate Crew though. But truthfully YOU Yourself are name I forgot among many others. Mitch I was going to nominate for the Rambo award or something where they dont post often but when they do are great reads.

There's a ton of good posters, perhaps I wasn't qaulified to nominate now that I think about it, I'm too new and bad with names.

You ALL deserve awards.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:21 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
You're right. I actually did nominate Crew though. But truthfully YOU Yourself are name I forgot among many others. Mitch I was going to nominate for the Rambo award or something where they dont post often but when they do are great reads.

There's a ton of good posters, perhaps I wasn't qaulified to nominate now that I think about it, I'm too new and bad with names.

You ALL deserve awards.
You already reserved some of my slots. I think I cast the first vote for these a month before MM made this, your name being the ticket, but truly there are a few folks who do a great job keeping us informed of prospects.

I miss Mitch expressing grumpiness over having to say something again, then writing a novel. Hahahaaaa.....

Old
04-22-2013, 09:59 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
Both of the people with no nominations have the most generic names. You know when it comes to popularity contests you need to do something to stand out. Isles with a number next to it is about generic as it can get. Blame yourself!

BTW, I didn't know the psych from Bones was a child actor. What show is that gif from?
But I like my name

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:25 PM
isleskovalchuk

Anyone of us that posted here throughout all the years of the rebuild... We ALL derserve some type of reward. Well done Isles fans!

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:58 AM
Noreaster96

Awww man, no love for the meteorologists and/or weather nerds?

Damn

I really like the idea of this kind of thing as long as its lighthearted and fun... Especially if it culminated In a sort of get together where little certificates or awards were given out, that'd be really cool but perhaps beyond the scope of the board

Last edited by Noreaster96: 04-23-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:00 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleskovalchuk View Post
Anyone of us that posted here throughout all the years of the rebuild... We ALL derserve some type of reward. Well done Isles fans!

+1, We need more nominees..Please copy and paste the awards and your nominees when you post!

04-23-2013, 01:16 AM
redbull
respect, earned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post

Kevin Conolly: Me. Yeah? No? Chapin Landvogt seems a really swell dude. I'd say Strummergas, but I've met him. Red Bull seems pretty cool. But I think he said he works in finance, and that's disqualifies.
Marketing. But same principle - disqualified!!

>>>>>>>>
Chicken Little Award (to the poster whose theme is always that the sky is falling)
>> can't be an Isles fan and NOT feel this way at times.

Marty Reasoner Award - Worst thread or statement made throughout the season.
(Only the OP can nominate themselves for this)
>> I'm nominating REDBULL, after KO's tough start I suggested Boyes for the first line, thinking he and Tavares would mesh well....oh, my regrets.

Vince Vaughn Award – Best Old School Poster (poster who has been around on HF for a while, not necessarily a fan who has been around for a long time)
>> Oltime has old time rage, not just his username, I see Clint Eastwood (Gran Turino) Chapin too.

Woodward and Bernstein – Best Inside Information (the poster who provides the most or the most accurate scoops)
>> not sure if it's inside info, but ITM, Dgenrex, and the boys in BP - sneekypete, isles enforcer, nyi78 provide prospect insights and updates that is pretty incredible.

Kevin Connolly – Nicest Poster (the poster who you just know is a good person)
>> I think we have a lot of these. You won't last long, as an Isles fan, as a poster, if you don't maintain some balance and respect for the HF TEAM!! I'd have a beer with a lot of you deadbeats

Jim Carrey Award – Funniest Poster (the poster who regularly makes you laugh and laugh hard) >> bones45 had some great stories, Oltime is funny, but also twisted. Bluechip's love for Snow and Petrov is a bit disconcerting, but whatever! Law had funny and creative GDTs. Trumanperro too.

Bryan Trottier Award – Best Poster/MVP (ok, this one goes to the poster who made you go, “damn, that was excellent and I wish I had said it”)
>> so many good ones, mitchy, Dan-o, ITM, Chaplin, periferal, Seph RDC, including the unheralded usernames like isles31 and slapshot723 - forgetting many I'm sure.

redbull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:37 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
That's very true especially if you change your avatar. I think isles31 use to have Sheldon Cooper as his avatar, but I'm not even sure it's him.
Yea I had the Bazinga avatar, changed it at the start of the run were on so now dont wanna change back. When I joined the site years ago I didn't really think much about my name, as this was the first forum I joined, ever lol. If thought about changing my name but that's kinda weak, no?

And my post was 100% sarcastic. Plenty of good posters here to nominate. I'm just here for the chicks.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:18 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Marketing. But same principle - disqualified!!

>>>>>>>>
Chicken Little Award (to the poster whose theme is always that the sky is falling)
>> can't be an Isles fan and NOT feel this way at times.

Marty Reasoner Award - Worst thread or statement made throughout the season.
(Only the OP can nominate themselves for this)
>> I'm nominating REDBULL, after KO's tough start I suggested Boyes for the first line, thinking he and Tavares would mesh well....oh, my regrets.

Vince Vaughn Award – Best Old School Poster (poster who has been around on HF for a while, not necessarily a fan who has been around for a long time)
>> Oltime has old time rage, not just his username, I see Clint Eastwood (Gran Turino) Chapin too.

Woodward and Bernstein – Best Inside Information (the poster who provides the most or the most accurate scoops)
>> not sure if it's inside info, but ITM, Dgenrex, and the boys in BP - sneekypete, isles enforcer, nyi78 provide prospect insights and updates that is pretty incredible.

Kevin Connolly – Nicest Poster (the poster who you just know is a good person)
>> I think we have a lot of these. You won't last long, as an Isles fan, as a poster, if you don't maintain some balance and respect for the HF TEAM!! I'd have a beer with a lot of you deadbeats

Jim Carrey Award – Funniest Poster (the poster who regularly makes you laugh and laugh hard) >> bones45 had some great stories, Oltime is funny, but also twisted. Bluechip's love for Snow and Petrov is a bit disconcerting, but whatever! Law had funny and creative GDTs. Trumanperro too.

Bryan Trottier Award – Best Poster/MVP (ok, this one goes to the poster who made you go, “damn, that was excellent and I wish I had said it”)
>> so many good ones, mitchy, Dan-o, ITM, Chaplin, periferal, Seph RDC, including the unheralded usernames like isles31 and slapshot723 - forgetting many I'm sure.

"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he get six surgeries or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is Rick DiPietro, the most overrated goalie in the game, and would blow your lead with one giveaway, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:13 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Shameless bump...Voting starts Saturday..Nominees please!

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:41 AM
redbull
respect, earned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he get six surgeries or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is Rick DiPietro, the most overrated goalie in the game, and would blow your lead with one giveaway, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

My tv, right now, on PVR.

#playoffs

redbull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Shameless bump...Voting starts Saturday..Nominees please!
These awards were Fun when Killer did them a few years back.
I look forward to it

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:02 AM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

Rollercoaster Award – There can be only one. If you need to ask, you haven't been paying attention.

Chicken Little Award - TBD. I think you need a good year or two of the club doing well to track that. Count this as half a year.

Bill Masterton Memorial Poster Award - I haven't been here long enough to know who came back, and who is the same old sad sack.

Woodward and Bernstein – Camper. In between his "Martin for President" posts, he also has some insight that suggests better than normal knowledge about the club. Or he knows his stuff, which I suspect is true, and simply puts 2 & 2 together better than everyone else. Either way, you all need to read his posts more.

Kevin Connolly – Bunk Moreland & Trumanperro.

Jim Carrey Award – Law, for the greatest humorous GDT of all time.

Steve Jobs Award – Dare I say it.... Bluechip Bonzo for his unfaltering love of all things Garf and Petro. Since adding Wang to his rah rah resume (I meant to do that, it was not a stutter) it has to be him.

Bryan Trottier Award – ITM, for his constant info and vids on the prospects. But there are many others like D. Rex who drop info as well in there. My hat is off to all the guys who lay out the reports in Prospects, Draft, etc. threads.

You should have a Thread Ho award, btw...

Old
04-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Bert Marshall days

This is the DUMBEST thread ever. Probably cause I'm not nominated for anything. Not even most annoying poster or Nostradamus?

Mods, close this dopey thread. It just alienates some. Why can't we just post, give thoughts and leave it at that?

For if we give "awards" to posters for mostest this and bestest that then let's have a thread bashing certain posters too. (Even it up for both sides)

And nobody wants/needs that.

Bert Marshall days is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:56 AM
13th Floor

For most insightful posts, I'm going with redbull and mitchy. Throughout the years, Mitchy reminds me of someone who is laughing at everyone posting in the GDT as he collects his thoughts throughout the game and then lays out a wall of well thought out text, after the emotion has died down (and the Guinness?).

For poster of the year, Degeneration Rex and ITM have been dominating the prospects and BPST threads and it is really appreciated.

Truman also needs more love in here.

We also need a Trottier award for liking the Islanders for so long.
And then switching to the Devils at the wrong time.

Also want to give a shout out to LAIslanderFan, since he and I follow this team from LA. Even though it means I have to tape every game, shut off my phone, watch it 3 hours after it's over every night (or get plastered at 10am for the matinee games on the weekend), and fly 3000 miles to see my first playoffs game at the ol' barn.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:08 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
This is the DUMBEST thread ever. Probably cause I'm not nominated for anything. Not even most annoying poster or Nostradamus?

Mods, close this dopey thread. It just alienates some. Why can't we just post, give thoughts and leave it at that?

For if we give "awards" to posters for mostest this and bestest that then let's have a thread bashing certain posters too. (Even it up for both sides)

And nobody wants/needs that.
Not going to get into war, but that's your opinion and so far your the only that feels this way. I don't even feel like I should be nominated for anything, yet I made the thread. It was meant for fun, sorry you don't feel that way.

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:40 AM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Not going to get into war, but that's your opinion and so far your the only that feels this way. I don't even feel like I should be nominated for anything, yet I made the thread. It was meant for fun, sorry you don't feel that way.
I may be the only one that wrote it....but others might think it without saying.

It just seems very high schoolish. (Most likely to.)

Bert Marshall days is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 03:01 AM
Hyphistos

Yeah I'm also upset that they removed the newcomer award. I had such high hopes... Just kidding, I think it's not a necessary thing to do, but it's fine.

Hyphistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 03:51 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
Yeah I'm also upset that they removed the newcomer award. I had such high hopes... Just kidding, I think it's not a necessary thing to do, but it's fine.
I nominated you for the Sheldon Lake award going to the poster you feel is most likely bringing a dead hooker in his trunk to and from games with a collection of stolen negligee in his glovebox but who puts aside his demented foibles for the love of the team.

13th floor and LA Isles fan, PM me next season when the only three sensible people not switching to Devil fandom in the People's Republik of Kalifornia have a Kings or Mighty Emilios game if the Isles visit. Well, unless you're in Hippyland up north....

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 04:41 AM
Hyphistos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
I nominated you for the Sheldon Lake award going to the poster you feel is most likely bringing a dead hooker in his trunk to and from games with a collection of stolen negligee in his glovebox but who puts aside his demented foibles for the love of the team.
I'm so flattered, that was the nicest thing anyone ever did for me. It's like you're looking directly into my heart

Hyphistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
I agree. But, instead, I'm hoping that there's an award for the snottiest/most pretentious poster. I want to win. I think I've been nominated.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 07:59 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
You need to change your avatar back.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
I agree. But, instead, I'm hoping that there's an award for the snottiest/most pretentious poster. I want to win. I think I've been nominated.
I had you in mind when I recommended establishing the Grey Poupon award in an earlier thread

beach is offline   Reply With Quote