HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2013, 08:22 PM
  #276
LeHabsMan
Registered User
 
LeHabsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Laval
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I really hope the Habs can sign a player like Stalberg

I think Leblanc might have a chançe to make the team. If he have a good camp I think the Habs will give him a chance
Agreed.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
*Stalberg* - Galchenyuk - Leblanc
Prust - *Lapierre* - *Torres*
Moen

Subban - Gorges
Diaz - *Regehr*
Markov - Emelin
Bouillon

Does anyone else think Lapierre would be a good fit as a 4th line centre? And Desharnais has to go. I dont care for what but he needs to leave. Give us a 2nd rounder or 3rd and depth player and take him.

LeHabsMan is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:00 PM
  #277
BigHabs
Registered User
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Stalberg Eller Galchenyuk
Moen Gordon Prust

Dumont

Gorges Subban
Markov Emelin
Scuderi Fistric

Boullion, Diaz

Price
Budaj


If Desharnais was moved........

Pacioretty Plekanec Gallagher
Bourque Eller Gionta
Stalberg Galchenyuk Clowe
Moen Gordon Prust

Dumont

Gorges Subban
Markov Emelin
Scuderi Fistric

Boullion, Diaz

Price
Budaj


Last edited by BigHabs: 04-24-2013 at 09:08 PM.
BigHabs is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:28 PM
  #278
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I really hope the Habs can sign a player like Stalberg

I think Leblanc might have a chançe to make the team. If he have a good camp I think the Habs will give him a chance
With the season he had I would plan on him playing at least half the year AHL.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 04:55 AM
  #279
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
With the season he had I would plan on him playing at least half the year AHL.
I think that's a fair assessment. He had a very difficult year and I doubt Montreal would leave a spot open for him in the lineup "just in case". I wouldn't be so unhappy to see a revolving Dumont-Leblanc-Bournival-Kristo on that 3rd line RW spot. Similar to what we did this year with Beaulieu-Tinordi-Pateryn on defence. Anybody know how close they are to being NHL ready? If they aren't ready, we can always keep playing Prust on the 3rd line.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Gallagher
Stalberg-Galchenyuk-Kristo/Leblanc/Dumont/Bournival
Prust-Lapierre-Nystrom/Torres
(Moen)

That would be an alright lineup. Not sure if Torres and Lapierre are the right kind of "character" we're looking for though. Maybe one or the other. Nystrom would be a good pickup as well.

Reasonable or not NHL ready?

Draft is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 07:23 AM
  #280
Habster33
In Habs we trust!
 
Habster33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Do we know exactly when Emelin is expected to be back? If he's not coming back until Nov-Dec, I can expect MB to acquire a top 4 D for sure.

Habster33 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 07:59 AM
  #281
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habster33 View Post
Do we know exactly when Emelin is expected to be back? If he's not coming back until Nov-Dec, I can expect MB to acquire a top 4 D for sure.
So what happens when Emelin returns ? We would then have PK, Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Top 4 dude, Cubes, and prospects trying to get playing time.

yianik is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 08:31 AM
  #282
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,045
vCash: 500
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Clowe-Eller-Clarkson
Bordeleau-Halpern-Prust

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi/Bouillon-Diaz

Basically the team that covers every area imaginable.

Maxpac is online now  
Old
04-25-2013, 08:39 AM
  #283
Habster33
In Habs we trust!
 
Habster33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
So what happens when Emelin returns ? We would then have PK, Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Top 4 dude, Cubes, and prospects trying to get playing time.
Gorges - Subban
Markov - Top 4
Emelin - Diaz
Bouillon - Prospect

Habster33 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 08:49 AM
  #284
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Kristo is a closer comparison to Eberle then Dubnyk is to Price and in a year or two when Kristo starts playing in the NHL, you'll see for yourself.

Kristo chose to play out his university eligibilty, which I think for a lot of players is the smarter choice in regards to their hockey career.

I think your focus on stats is misleading, the Habs play a style of hockey that if the play go outside their containment box the opposing player has an opportunity that has a high percentage of scoring. It is the downside of Therrien's system.
Mmmm... I'm not sure about that.

Eberle has allready been in the NHL top 15 scorers over a whole season while Kristo didn't play a single game yet.

How can you state something like that? At least, Dubnyk and Price have both been their team's #1 goalie.

Anyway, like I said, I don't pretend Dubnyk and Price are equal in talent (I still prefer Price), but I do think comparing the 2 isn't as far fetched as some Price-fans think. After all, both have done squat in the playoffs. Yeah, I know, Price won a serie, but that is starting to be far away in the past. Like it or not, in all pro sports, the moto is "what have you done for me lately".

LePoche69 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 08:51 AM
  #285
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habster33 View Post
Gorges - Subban
Markov - Top 4
Emelin - Diaz
Bouillon - Prospect
I personnaly would prefer a "top 2" than a "top 4" because all of Markov, Bouillon and Gorges (to a lesser extent) are on the downside of their career, but that's about right.

LePoche69 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 08:55 AM
  #286
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,726
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Mmmm... I'm not sure about that.

Eberle has allready been in the NHL top 15 scorers over a whole season while Kristo didn't play a single game yet.

How can you state something like that? At least, Dubnyk and Price have both been their team's #1 goalie.

Anyway, like I said, I don't pretend Dubnyk and Price are equal in talent (I still prefer Price), but I do think comparing the 2 isn't as far fetched as some Price-fans think. After all, both have done squat in the playoffs. Yeah, I know, Price won a serie, but that is starting to be far away in the past. Like it or not, in all pro sports, the moto is "what have you done for me lately".
The difference between Dubnyk and Price is astronomical.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 09:42 AM
  #287
Habster33
In Habs we trust!
 
Habster33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The difference between Dubnyk and Price is astronomical.
Not according to stats

Habster33 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 10:31 AM
  #288
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The difference between Dubnyk and Price is astronomical.
I agree there is a difference. But explain me in what way is it atronomical.

LePoche69 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 11:21 AM
  #289
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
So what happens when Emelin returns ? We would then have PK, Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Top 4 dude, Cubes, and prospects trying to get playing time.
What happens is that we have good defensive depth. It gives us a chance to use Markov as more of a PP specialist and keep him from playing ridiculous minutes as he is now. Beaulieu and Tinordi will both do well with another year in the AHL, Bouillon doesn't need to be a regular defenceman. After this year, Emelin and Diaz will both be up for new contracts. We could potentially lose one or both of them.

Gorges-Subban
Diaz-Top 4
Markov-Emelin
(Bouillon)

That's an awesome defensive line-up. We can always trade one of them for assets if the rookies need playing time.

Draft is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:44 PM
  #290
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
With guys like Dudley, Bergevin, Mellanby, Gallant and Lapointe in the management/coaching office, I cannot imagine they won't try to make a team with size and character that they had when they were players themselves.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:52 PM
  #291
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I agree there is a difference. But explain me in what way is it atronomical.
You won't get a legit response. Is Price better than Dubnyk? Yes. But astronomycally? Not even close. I'd say Dubnyk has played better than Price has this season.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:03 PM
  #292
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
You won't get a legit response. Is Price better than Dubnyk? Yes. But astronomycally? Not even close. I'd say Dubnyk has played better than Price has this season.
I agree with you on the idea. But I do think that beside the late downfall, Price was better this year as he was more of a "presence" in net than Dubnyk. And we don't know what would have happened over a full 82 games season.

But I do think that beside the aura Price has, both are more and more comparable as they're both enterering the most important chunck of their respective career. Now we'll see which one will be better. Nothing is written, and we shouldn't be sure that Price will end up being the better of the two. Results are everything, and they're not that far appart in that department.

LePoche69 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:20 PM
  #293
Runner77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
With guys like Dudley, Bergevin, Mellanby, Gallant and Lapointe in the management/coaching office, I cannot imagine they won't try to make a team with size and character that they had when they were players themselves.
Add Therrien to the lot, he's always had physical players to perform certain roles.

Runner77 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:32 PM
  #294
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,161
vCash: 500
I heard Therrien is asking Bergervin for this lineup :

Prust-Plekanec-Prust
Prust-Desharnais-Prust
Prust-Prust-Prust
Prust-Prust-Armstrong

Bouillon-Subban
Markov-Bouillon
Bouillon-Bouillon

Price
Budaj

Seriously for this team to work better with Therrien it needs more guys that plays with grit and go in the dirty areas like Stoll, Bickell, Stalberg, Clarkson, Clowe, Morrow, Cleary, Torres, Nystrom, Steckel, Anthony Stewart, Lapierre, Glass.

On D I think the team really need a big, very physical crease cleaner depth defenseman like Carkner, Sutton, Pardy, Alberts, Fistric, Huskins, Engelland, Regehr and Murray maybe too expensive for this role.

Forsead is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:40 PM
  #295
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,726
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I agree there is a difference. But explain me in what way is it atronomical.
Price has better lateral mobility.
Better glove hand.
Better rebound control.
Astronomically more valuable in the puck-handling department.
Price has better positioning.
Price has faster feet.
Price is younger than Dubnyk as well.

Then you can add Price has played in the play-offs before. You can compare AHL/CHL/World Jr.'s resume and you will see that there's a lot of difference.

I'd rather eat nails than have Dubnyk as my starting goalie.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:58 PM
  #296
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Price has better lateral mobility. -- Not by much. Dubnyk is pretty fast.
Better glove hand. -- I don't agree at all. Price has very average glove hand. If not below.
Better rebound control. -- I agree
Astronomically more valuable in the puck-handling department. -- I agree
Price has better positioning. -- When he's on his game, I agree. But when he isn't, I would say that it becomes one of his weaknesses.
Price has faster feet. -- Not clear at all.
Price is younger than Dubnyk as well. -- 1 year. Irrelevent.

Then you can add Price has played in the play-offs before. -- Without much success.

You can compare AHL/CHL/World Jr.'s resume and you will see that there's a lot of difference. -- Irrelevent. Lots of player were stars at younger age and did nothing remarkable in the NHL.

I'd rather eat nails than have Dubnyk as my starting goalie. -- Suggestive view at best.
I still prefer Price, but to me, you're way out when you state that they're astronomically far appart.

LePoche69 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:59 PM
  #297
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I heard Therrien is asking Bergervin for this lineup :

Prust-Plekanec-Prust
Prust-Desharnais-Prust
Prust-Prust-Prust
Prust-Prust-Armstrong

Bouillon-Subban
Markov-Bouillon
Bouillon-Bouillon

Price
Budaj

Seriously for this team to work better with Therrien it needs more guys that plays with grit and go in the dirty areas like Stoll, Bickell, Stalberg, Clarkson, Clowe, Morrow, Cleary, Torres, Nystrom, Steckel, Anthony Stewart, Lapierre, Glass.

On D I think the team really need a big, very physical crease cleaner depth defenseman like Carkner, Sutton, Pardy, Alberts, Fistric, Huskins, Engelland, Regehr and Murray maybe too expensive for this role.
Therrien's style goes one of two ways. You either beat the team to the puck and control the play with offence or you grind in the corners and fight for the play. I don't think we need to change the entire team and make up of the team to be successful. We're a good team because of our speed and good two-way play, it's in our best interests to improve on that and add size/toughness. We don't need to be the Bruins or the Leafs, we don't need to be bruisers to win. Though, I would love to see us lay a good ole fashioned smack-down on a team. Stalberg, Nystrom and O'Byrne. All will come fairly cheaply, all bring size and toughness. Those are three big, tough players we didn't have last year. I think we'll be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Price has better lateral mobility.
Better glove hand.
Better rebound control.
Astronomically more valuable in the puck-handling department.
Price has better positioning.
Price has faster feet.
Price is younger than Dubnyk as well.

Then you can add Price has played in the play-offs before. You can compare AHL/CHL/World Jr.'s resume and you will see that there's a lot of difference.

I'd rather eat nails than have Dubnyk as my starting goalie.
Boom. Roasted. This shouldn't even be a discussion. I would also add in that Price has been dominant and a winner in the past, not necessarily right now but, that's something you don't teach. Dubnyk has been a meh goalie his entire career and will continue to be a meh goalie. Price at least has the potential and (IMO) the likelihood of being an elite goalie.

Draft is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 02:30 PM
  #298
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I still prefer Price, but to me, you're way out when you state that they're astronomically far appart.
Who cares because Dubnyk would never be the starting goalie for the Habs up until now because:

a) Price is better then him
b) Halak is better then him
c) Luongo is better then him
d) Vokoun is better then him
e) JS Guiguire is better then him.

It might be amusing to draft 1st overall 3 years in a year without a goalie change but that isn't going to fly in Montreal.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
04-25-2013, 02:31 PM
  #299
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,726
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I still prefer Price, but to me, you're way out when you state that they're astronomically far appart.
That's your opinion.

However, I'm sure you'd find that my opinion would be echoed by most (if not all) NHL executives.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 03:23 PM
  #300
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I still prefer Price, but to me, you're way out when you state that they're astronomically far appart.
I don't know how often you've seen Dubnyk play but when you say that Price isn't much faster than him, it's a false affirmation. If anything, Dubnyk's biggest fault is that he's slow on his feet, getting back up and moving across his crease... and that coming from someone here, out west.

Habsterix* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.