HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Anybody catch the RRs tonight?

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 05:45 PM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Anybody catch the RRs tonight?

The game featured the larger blue lines. Pretty interesting. I find it helped alot of the PP.

Anyways, I glad Rita was called up because he played a solid game. I'd like to see Salmaleinen come up to the big club as well.

One player I do think is over looked is Jamie Wright. THe guy's all over the place. He hits and plays with desire.

Old
12-30-2003, 05:53 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

if wright plays with desire he deserves a shot up with the big club, maybe a callup from t.o. could inject a pulse into the parent club.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:31 PM
GoM

The larger blue lines were also in effect in the Moose game two days ago.

It proved a bit of help, which is good, but more needs to be done, whether actualling CALLING penalties or eliminating two-line passes, two things I'm in favour of. Valiquette was also good tonight, as was Wright (obviously, 1st star). It was a phsyical game. I admit, I was cheering for Hamilton, but Toronto played well, better than the other 2 games I've been too.

I presume it was televised?

Old
12-30-2003, 09:42 PM
thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
The game featured the larger blue lines. Pretty interesting. I find it helped alot of the PP.

Anyways, I glad Rita was called up because he played a solid game. I'd like to see Salmaleinen come up to the big club as well.

One player I do think is over looked is Jamie Wright. THe guy's all over the place. He hits and plays with desire.

What!? Rita called up, has the sky fallen, has hell officially froze over? A link Doc if you please....

Old
12-30-2003, 09:45 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle
What!? Rita called up, has the sky fallen, has hell officially froze over? A link Doc if you please....
Slats made a thread about it a little ways down the page. According to John Short, Rita was called up to Edmonton after the Minnesota game.

Rita wasn't out there much tonight against the Bulldogs was he? I suppose they didn't want to risk injury.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:48 PM
thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Slats made a thread about it a little ways down the page. According to John Short, Rita was called up to Edmonton after the Minnesota game.

Rita wasn't out there much tonight against the Bulldogs was he? I suppose they didn't want to risk injury.
Wow...I didn't think that would ever happen. It will be nice to have a shooter in the lineup.

Old
12-31-2003, 02:44 AM
Yanner39

Quote:

It seems he was taking a regular shift, going hard nto traffic. I was hoing we wasn't going to get hurt. Hopefully we'll see him on Friday.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:37 AM
Slats432

Quote:

Let me quote John Short "Jani Rita is to be called up after the respective Roadrunner and Oilers games tonight." And whoever he was talking to said something to the effect of "I hope he gets at least ten games with decent linemates."

As of right this moment no official announcement has been made, nor did I listen long enough to find out who he received his information from.

It wasn't speculation either because they also talked about how the Oilers will not have to send a player down to Toronto because there is an open spot on the roster.

Closed Thread