HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn wants to play with the Bulldogs

Old
09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
JMMR

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I seriously do not think that he can play in the A even if he is a euro!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Toro

If he is allowed to go the the AHL cause he is euro, then i say let him go if he is ready. I, like carbo and Co. want to wait till the last minute to decide though

But right now i am leaning towards bringing him to the AHL. He is it seems as good as the other guys who are heading to Hamilton(Aubin,D'ago,) especially if Grabovski makes the Habs and Andrei Kostitsyn is on the Habs as well. That would mean there would be a spot for Sergei in Hamilton.

Either way London or Hamilton, he will learn the N.A. game better and also the language.

If he is ready why hold him back

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Bryzga lol*

A Belorussian line would be amazing. They already know eachother from international play and I'm sure they'll tear it up. But I still think Sergei should wait a year. I could see that line forming in the NHL in 4 or 5 years, it'll be quite a story considering the number of Belorussian players in the NHL.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
If he is ready why hold him back
I agree with that outlook across the board at all levels. Meritocracy all the way.

My argument is that Kostitsyn actually isn't ready. At least, that's my humble opinion, for whatever pocket lint that's worth.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 07:35 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
A Belorussian line would be amazing. They already know eachother from international play and I'm sure they'll tear it up. But I still think Sergei should wait a year. I could see that line forming in the NHL in 4 or 5 years, it'll be quite a story considering the number of Belorussian players in the NHL.
That'd be great because then we could attract all the primo Belarussian free agents.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 07:47 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
That'd be great because then we could attract all the primo Belarussian free agents.
beside the KGK , are there others very good players ?

i was thinking that they were the 3 stars of their country .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 07:57 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
beside the KGK , are there others very good players ?

i was thinking that they were the 3 stars of their country .
I know, I was being an idiot.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
They tried with Ribeiro. Cant say it worked out that great.
This is a mistake to give this as example. You have all around the league differents situations where some guys played at 18 years old. Each year you see some guys make it at young age. I think it's not really always a solution to send kids in the AHL for 2 to 3 years for development. You have example of failure because it becomes discouraging for those kids (Marcel Hossa, Jozef Balej, Jason Ward, Eric Chouinard, Ron Hainsey) Maybe some are bust, but who knows? I think it's a question of timing. Maybe if some of those guys had a real chance to play a complete year with quality ice time, maybe one or two of these bunch would playing with the team now and would have success. Remember in 2000 camp, at he age of 19 years old, Josef Balej was everywhere in the camp and scores 3 goals in 5 games? Everybody was saying he could stick with the club, but because of his age it was better for his developpment to past an another year in the junior and bla bla bla. The same thing happened to Latendresse last year and you saw the result? He had a so-so year. I think sometimes you have to go with the perspective that the kid working well, fitting well with the team and the plans of the organization. You have to take this advantage for your team. I'm sure if he have played with Habs last year he would had a good year, in terms of experience and learning because it's all question of confidence in yourself. Look Bergeron with Boston. He came out of nowhere. He had a real good camp and the Bruins took advantge of that 'cos he was on fire. He didn't burn the league at his first year, but showed signs of improvement all year long in 2003-04. Why we did do that with Latendresse? You taking a risk to never see the same potential that you saw last year in the camp. Now, I'm doubting that he will ever reach the same level of flashes as we saw at the last camp.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 08:13 AM
SerialSeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
S. Kostitsyn- Grabovsky- A. Kostitsyn
I personaly would love to see this in Hamilton.

I think it would be great for the fans in Hamilton and for the players to have a very strong first line to lead them into a playoff spot. Remember the year Halmilton almost won the Calder Cup, well the three grades in our team were the top guys on that team. It gave them a huge confidence boost And got them ready for the jump a couple of seasons later. Did you see how calm Plecks and Higgins were out there all season and even in the playoff.

That's AHL experience paying off.

SerialSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 08:14 AM
SerialSeb

Quote:

Ya but a funny one

SerialSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 10:27 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
ho ! i didn't catch the ...

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
I believe that he would need to find out how to work his butt off when this time you're not necessarily part of a bunch of all-stars but you might be the only one or at least one of a smaller group than it was last year.

Needs to step it up and work on his work ethic as well.

Junior it is for me.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote