HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - "Time for a Change" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
This whole argument is sophistry at it's best... sounds plausible but is totally fallacious. DD is not and will never be an effective third liner center or winger. Way too soft AND too slow a player to be of any effective use on a contending team.

Eller, Gallagher and Galchenyuk are on pace for 45-50 points because these two rookies have first line type talent and grit... attributes DD lacks. Eller is a speedy physical beast, that can be a top 3rd line center in the NHL, again all attributes lacking in your darling DD.

I am sure that Bergevin regrets that signing now and will look at the first opportune moment to ship DD out to some bottom rung NHL team.
My ''Darling''?? What are you 12??

I don't even like DD and have been very vocal about wanting Eller in the top 6 as opposed to him since last season, You can go back to read my post history about the subject if you don't believe me, it's all there for you to see. That doesn't mean he's a pee wee player like you love to describe.

I don't see why DD couldn't play as a 3rd liner if Plek-Eller are getting the tougher match ups. It's pretty much the way things are happening right now, except DD would get wingers a little less skilled and less ice time. Seriously stop babbling non-sense. You hate DD, we get it, now move on to better things if you can't discuss the subject intelligently.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Habtchum*

"time for a change"....

Yeah , time to stop making threads about DD.

It's going ****ing nowhere.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
"time for a change"....

Yeah , time to stop making threads about DD.

It's going ****ing nowhere.
Are you implying DD is a hermaphrodite?

Old
04-25-2013, 12:20 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
You've pretty much proved his point....

Old
04-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Henceforth, this shall be known as the day the DD thread jumped the shark.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:18 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
My ''Darling''?? What are you 12??

I don't even like DD and have been very vocal about wanting Eller in the top 6 as opposed to him since last season, You can go back to read my post history about the subject if you don't believe me, it's all there for you to see. That doesn't mean he's a pee wee player like you love to describe.

I don't see why DD couldn't play as a 3rd liner if Plek-Eller are getting the tougher match ups. It's pretty much the way things are happening right now, except DD would get wingers a little less skilled and less ice time. Seriously stop babbling non-sense. You hate DD, we get it, now move on to better things if you can't discuss the subject intelligently.
Whose babbling non-sense here?
All you DD apologists with your 'move him to the third line' and '$3.5M for a 45 point player is value' have no clue how an NHL team is put together.

DD's only attribute is his 'playmaking skills' which are only useful if he plays with 'skilled' wingers (ie top 6). If in that role DD cannot deliver the goods consistently... then he has no place on the team. Period.

To recap....

DD is either a top 2 center or bust.
DD is not and will never be an NHL winger.
DD is not and will never be a bottom six player.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:25 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
All you DD apologists with your 'move him to the third line' and '$3.5M for a 45 point player is value' have no clue how an NHL team is put together.

DD's only attribute is his 'playmaking skills' which are only useful if he plays with 'skilled' wingers (ie top 6). If in that role DD cannot deliver the goods consistently... then he has no place on the team. Period.

To recap....

IMO he can be a third line scoring centre, and IMO that is where management believes he fits in, when you look at the contract they gave him and term.

Most teams now like to go head to head top line vs top line, and just try to get their top D-men to match up vs other teams top lines. Not a big fan of DD, but I would like to see how he does in that role, because I think he is now playing a role that isn't suited for him, he goes against most teams D pairings, he should be put in a role where he goes vs other teams 5-6 dmen.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

To recap....

Dear God, you're seriously starting to top off the annoyance meter.

Spare me the crap cliché ''don't know how to put a NHL team together''. You're a freaking internet board poster, just like the rest of us.

Now, moving on...
Who here said that DD was the ideal 3rd liner? Or that he even was your typical third liner?? Nobody.
Whether you like it or not, unless DD is traded, he will remain part of our team. Neither you nor I have the power to trade the guy, so unless management moves him, he will be here to start the year next year.
So instead of whining like a 5 year old baby because you didn't get your candy, let's talk about what CAN be done with him here. That is where my moving down to 3rd line suggestion comes from.

And if he can put up 45pts, it is much better than 3.5M of scratching.

Saying MB will hopefully move him is swell and all, but you have no idea if this will actually happen, so what if he doesn't?? Care to give a realistic idea? Or are you going to spew out more babble crap like sending him down to AHL or buying him out, ''He sucks..blablabla..he'S soft..blablabla''? If you do that, then I already know how your simple mind works, so spare me the response.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Sorinth

Quote:

To recap....

So does Galchenyuk not count as a 'skilled' player because he's not in our top-6? We have 6 wingers right now that could put up 25 goals or so in a season. That means when healthy 2 of them will be on the 3rd line.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:49 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Dear God, you're seriously starting to top off the annoyance meter.

Spare me the crap cliché ''don't know how to put a NHL team together''. You're a freaking internet board poster, just like the rest of us.

Now, moving on...
Who here said that DD was the ideal 3rd liner? Or that he even was your typical third liner?? Nobody.
Whether you like it or not, unless DD is traded, he will remain part of our team. Neither you nor I have the power to trade the guy, so unless management moves him, he will be here to start the year next year.
So instead of whining like a 5 year old baby because you didn't get your candy, let's talk about what CAN be done with him here. That is where my moving down to 3rd line suggestion comes from.

And if he can put up 45pts, it is much better than 3.5M of scratching.

Saying MB will hopefully move him is swell and all, but you have no idea if this will actually happen, so what if he doesn't?? Care to give a realistic idea? Or are you going to spew out more babble crap like sending him down to AHL or buying him out, ''He sucks..blablabla..he'S soft..blablabla''? If you do that, then I already know how your simple mind works, so spare me the response.
Small as he is...there is nowhere to hide DD in this lineup if he cannot play top 2 center.

The opportunity cost of DD in the lineup is too great at this point, my suggestion would be as 13th forward sitting in the press box.

My prediction is that DD will be either displaced out of the lineup or shipped out before the calendar end of 2013.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Small as he is...there is nowhere to hide DD in this lineup if he cannot play top 2 center.
What do you mean by hiding him?

Old
04-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Alright, we're done here. Discussion of Desharnais being shipped out or kept around can be had in the off-season moves thread.

Closed.

Closed Thread