HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price And A Weak Penalty Kill Are Sinking The Montreal Canadiens

Old
04-24-2013, 05:33 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
That article is only vaguely right if referring to the last few games in general and if anything just a re-hash of everything we already know! Do they get paid for that? We should get paid on this board!

I guess it is a fair statistical breakdown of how we're struggling. I have to take exception with blaming Prust and Halpern. It's more to do with losing our guys once they start moving the puck. There's a reason we were good last year and IIRC there was no Hal Gill and actually no Andrei Markov. We need to be more vigilant, that's all. That and Price has to either see the puck or be a a bit better in general. But we already knew that. Last game not on him - he let us get back in it with some big saves.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 05:38 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
What the hell? What straight shot was he beaten by yesterday? A goal from a player left alone in front of the net, a breakaway goal and a tip. Carey price a great game yesterday and he still gets blamed for the loss.

And no price is fine with breakaways, but since he got scored on one yesterday he must be terrible at stopping breakaways. Knee jerk reaction fans nothing more nothing less.

Don't call this news because it isn't.
When was the last time you saw a Hab shoot like Elias did? We have ZERO finish. Like it's actually hilarious to realize that we've not had a player in the slot go top corner on a goalie in...well, I can't even remember. Not on Price at all and man it just makes me think about how bad we are offensively. The most we hope for now is garbage goals or blasts from the point.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
I always knew Hal Gill and Tom Pyatt would be missed...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 05:49 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Not sure why it's not just merged with the other Price thread.

It's not a News Article by any means. Sponsor or not, this is just an opinion piece, and should go with the rest of the opinions (ie: Price thread)
TBH, when I first joined the boards back in 2002, nothing was ever merged. There were a million different threads about a million different things. The same opinion was repeated in 4-5 different threads but said a bit differently. Maybe what I'm describing sounds like a mess, and maybe it was, but at least it encouraged original discussion.

This opinion piece has its own thread because it's a news article.

Personally, I feel it should have its own thread because of its own merits. Now, you say it's just a bash Price thread but I think the question raised by it is valid. This point would get lost in the gigantic Price thread and less people would be inclined to discuss it. But who am I to question the moderator gods.

As for the point of the article, people often say that the most important PK player is the goalie. Price is having a dismal season (even at 5v5 he's below average), and it's particularly bad on the PK. But then again I don't think we have played well on the PK this season either. Still, the article raises a valid point.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
When was the last time you saw a Hab shoot like Elias did? We have ZERO finish. Like it's actually hilarious to realize that we've not had a player in the slot go top corner on a goalie in...well, I can't even remember. Not on Price at all and man it just makes me think about how bad we are offensively. The most we hope for now is garbage goals or blasts from the point.
Alex galchenyuk scored a nice goal against Pittsburgh, too bad players like galchenyuk don't come around too often.

But I agree, we are way too dependant on greasy scramble goals, gionta, plekanec bourque and pacioretty to an extent, need to start converting when given opportunities to score.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:03 PM
PricePkPatch*

Even if the author is right, what to do? We seek to replace him with another reliable NHL franchise goalie. That should be easy, right?!?!

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Habmaster

5 minute major for using the word 'abysmal' three times in one article.

Habmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:16 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
what about running out of gas because of being small. when will they admit that could be a reason?
This is exactly what I suspect is happening. They have run out of steam and cannot continue at the mid-season pace. They may have peaked too early.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:49 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

captain obvious et cetera...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:31 AM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Bergevin dropped the ball and Price let it in the net.
Hi-yo!

Another crap article from that crap site I won't click on. Their headlines always say it all.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:59 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
This opinion piece has its own thread because it's a news article.

Now, you say it's just a bash Price thread but I think the question raised by it is valid.
Disagreed. It's not a news article. It's most likely an opinion piece like everything else that comes from that site.

And I didn't say it's just a bash Price thread, because I didn't bother giving that site traffic. 5-6 very poorly written opinion pieces in a row gave me the insight to avoid THW.

The worst part is the 'author' (term used loosely) never sticks around to discuss any of those opinion pieces. He just posts them, usually with a sensational titles, and runs. It's painfully obvious he's just trying to drive traffic to that particular site.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:15 AM
BrimStone64

Price isn't caliber of Roy or Dryden. They had bad games and let in soft goals but also stole you a lot of games. Roy stole a lot of games, I mean a lot! Especially in the playoffs. Dryden did too earlier in his career. Roy stole us more games than Dryden but Dryden didn't have to later in his career as he had a great team in front of him. But Roy never had a great team in front of hm.

Price don't steal many games. Reminds me more of Thibault. Lets in those soft goals but don't steal you enough games to offset it. Both were drafted overslot. Thibault that year the draft was in Quebec City, all the hype. Had big names in junior, but a gear short in NHL.

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 07:11 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Price isn't caliber of Roy or Dryden. They had bad games and let in soft goals but also stole you a lot of games. Roy stole a lot of games, I mean a lot! Especially in the playoffs. Dryden did too earlier in his career. Roy stole us more games than Dryden but Dryden didn't have to later in his career as he had a great team in front of him. But Roy never had a great team in front of hm.

Price don't steal many games. Reminds me more of Thibault. Lets in those soft goals but don't steal you enough games to offset it. Both were drafted overslot. Thibault that year the draft was in Quebec City, all the hype. Had big names in junior, but a gear short in NHL.
Roy also played with hall of farmers like Gainey, Robinson , Chelios, , Bourqe, Sakic , Forsberg ,And other strong dman like Ludwig, Foote, Blake....... If only today's Habs had players half as good as these guys .

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:31 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Roy also played with hall of farmers like Gainey, Robinson , Chelios, , Bourqe, Sakic , Forsberg ,And other strong dman like Ludwig, Foote, Blake....... If only today's Habs had players half as good as these guys .
Again, another false statement made to try and find a crutch for Carey Price. In life face facts for what it is not what you want them to be. If you don't you will make wrong choices.

Roy won a Cup in '93...with him as only hall of famer on the team. Couldn't have been Robinson or any above you named doing it as he did it without them.

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Again, another false statement made to try and find a crutch for Carey Price. In life face facts for what it is not what you want them to be. If you don't you will make wrong choices.

Roy won a Cup in '93...with him as only hall of famer on the team. Couldn't have been Robinson or any above you named doing it as he did it without them.
Are you kidding me? That 93 team was loaded with the type of players that any team needed to go deep in the playoffs. HOF means nothing, its mostly an old boys club and a popularity contest.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:45 PM
bdawg1989*

Ahahah the OP is getting scorched in here...

bdawg1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:54 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
For Pete's sakes! This is getting ridiculous.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:56 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Are you kidding me? That 93 team was loaded with the type of players that any team needed to go deep in the playoffs. HOF means nothing, its mostly an old boys club and a popularity contest.
I disagree...but even with that said Roy still carried that team through the playoffs. He was amazing.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:35 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Can't believe I clicked this article..

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote