HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hail to the Chiefs! - Blackhawks clinch Presidents' Trophy

Old
04-25-2013, 07:45 AM
BobbyJet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
Really? Who would you rather face? VAN? LA?
The point is: the first round will be difficult, no matter who we face. Wings are looking much better these days, but they are fighting tooth and nail just to make it. Facing Wings is probably our best bet, but that doesn't mean they won't be tough to beat. They will.

Am I the only one who is a tad nervous after Emery left the game in the first period last night? With Emery's health in question, teams may employ the strategy of running Crawford.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 08:42 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
The point is: the first round will be difficult, no matter who we face. Wings are looking much better these days, but they are fighting tooth and nail just to make it. Facing Wings is probably our best bet, but that doesn't mean they won't be tough to beat. They will.

Am I the only one who is a tad nervous after Emery left the game in the first period last night? With Emery's health in question, teams may employ the strategy of running Crawford.
Yeah, Emery looks like he has run out of gas. Hell of a season but it is what it is. As far as teams running Crawford...Well, first off, is it really going to be Hutton over Karlsson? God damn it, that would be so ****ing stupid. If anyone takes a run at Crawford, someone on the 4th line needs give them a McSorely and put an end to it. I really don't think teams will do that but if they do, you have to drop the guillotine on them immediately.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 08:47 AM
hockeydoug

Sharp really scared me when he went to the bench after holding his knee.

hockeydoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
Yeah, hopefully holds up in the playoffs. He has been banged up seemingly the whole season.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:38 AM
DirkGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
Mee too! Personally, I am glad all this Presidents Trophy business is behind us. We have nothing left to play for this regular season (aside from personal stats). I hope Q rests the entire core of our roster and everybody including Sharp, Emery and even Hossa if he needs it, gets a nice rest before the playoff push. I'm sure there are a few nagging bruises that we don't know about on a few players in the roster as well.

The West will be tough this year; it looks as though Dallas is the team out at this point. I am leaning for a Detroit match-up in the first round as we have outplayed them this year. I know they have improved a lot lately but facing Bobrovski is not what I would like in the first round.

DirkGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:54 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Best part of this year's playoffs: No Yote fans playing homer on the main boards. Some of the **** after the Torres hit was disgusting, let alone the blind support of Smith's Oscar worthy performance.

deytookerjaabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:27 AM
WestCoast

I wonder if Hutton will get a start in the last couple of games now.

WestCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:30 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
I hope so. I'm not a huge fan of his but I think he's earned a game.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:35 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
I still think it's very doubtful. If he does, it'll be Saturday. This organization isn't going to tank Fan Appreciation Night.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:40 AM
coldsteelonice84

If this is the guy we are going with as backup in the playoffs, he absolutely has to get in his first ****ing NHL game in before that. I mean, hello and wake the **** up, Hawks. How could you seriously put the team in a position where their goalie in the playoffs might be seeing his first NHL action? You can't, that is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Hawkaholic

Wake up Hawks? They had 2 legit NHL goalies..you cant predict injuries. Besides, if Hutton (or any #3 G) is playing in the playoffs..no matter what team it is it will fail. Hell, even losing your #1 spells trouble for 95% of the teams.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:48 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Wake up Hawks? They had 2 legit NHL goalies..you cant predict injuries. Besides, if Hutton (or any #3 G) is playing in the playoffs..no matter what team it is it will fail. That goes for any team. Hell, even losing your #1 spells trouble for 95% of the teams.
No excuses. Throwing this guy in for his first action in the playoffs when you have two meaningless games, BACK TO BACKS NO LESS, is running the organization like a Milbury. Cannot happen, period.

Unfortunately, Emery looks to be in bad shape so we need to start planning.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:49 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772

Emery is gonna be fine anyway, big freak out over nothing.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Still think Karlsson should get call not Hutton as #3

Karlsson has NHL experience

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

They shouldn't rest Sharp, at least not for both remaining games. I wouldn't want him rested at all. The guy has barely played any hockey in the last month. No better games than these to get him acclimated to things again.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Just afraid of him getting injured against the Blues. I don't mind Cal but St. Louis i would rather not see.

Tone King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:39 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Agreed that sharp needs to play. Not sure about anyone else though. Seriously, if there's a way to sit Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabs, Hjalmarsson, Leddy then make it happen.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:46 PM
hockeydoug

I agree that Sharp needs to play, can't sit him unless he's still nursing something. He's missed too much time. STL will be worried about health too.

hockeydoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

not much to say. Handzus was good, Crawford had a beauty of a save and we won

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:34 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
If this is the guy we are going with as backup in the playoffs, he absolutely has to get in his first ****ing NHL game in before that. I mean, hello and wake the **** up, Hawks. How could you seriously put the team in a position where their goalie in the playoffs might be seeing his first NHL action? You can't, that is just shooting yourself in the foot.
Your logic is so ridiculous.

Coldsteel, it's you that needs to wake up. If Hutton's playing any games for Chicago in the playoffs, they aren't going anywhere. You honestly think getting him 1 insignificant game will give him enough experience to carry the Hawks to a Cup if the Hawks are forced to play him, or that getting him 1 game will significantly improve the team's confidence him?

Dear lord.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:36 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
No excuses. Throwing this guy in for his first action in the playoffs when you have two meaningless games, BACK TO BACKS NO LESS, is running the organization like a Milbury. Cannot happen, period.

First, no. Emery got up and calmly skated off the ice under his own power. He does not look "in bad shape". He just looks plain slow against team's like the Oilers. Not shocking.

Second, .

Old
04-25-2013, 01:44 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Your logic is so ridiculous.

Coldsteel, it's you that needs to wake up. If Hutton's playing any games for Chicago in the playoffs, they aren't going anywhere. You honestly think getting him 1 insignificant game will give him enough experience to carry the Hawks to a Cup if the Hawks are forced to play him, or that getting him 1 game will significantly improve the team's confidence him?

Dear lord.
I don't see, think or do things the way people like you do. You have a game to burn to get him his first NHL action, especially in a back to back with an opportunity to give Crawford a day off, you go ahead and do that. No brainer. Maybe they will. The point is, they should. Of course you disagree.

Quote:
First, no. Emery got up and calmly skated off the ice under his own power. He does not look "in bad shape". He just looks plain slow against team's like the Oilers. Not shocking.

Second, .
He came into the game off an injury, looked uncomfortable and left the game early. Drawing from that, it looks like he is still hurt. What an idiotic thing for me to deduce from that evidence.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:06 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
I don't see, think or do things the way people like you do. You have a game to burn to get him his first NHL action, especially in a back to back with an opportunity to give Crawford a day off, you go ahead and do that. No brainer. Maybe they will. The point is, they should. Of course you disagree.
You don't say. It's not a matter of disagreeing, as you fail to "see". It's a matter of it being near irrelevant if Chicago's forced to use him, thus making a big deal of it it's absolutely ridiculous. If they don't give him a start, their, how did you put it, a "Milbury" franchise? x100000000000000000.

Quote:
He came into the game off an injury, looked uncomfortable and left the game early. Drawing from that, it looks like he is still hurt. What an idiotic thing for me to deduce from that evidence.
No, claiming he's "in bad shape", considering how he left, is idiotic. Maybe he's still sore and came back too early. You make it seem like Emery looked seriously injured and we can clearly say he won't be playing in the playoffs. He's day-to-day, and left the ice under his own power. Dear god.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:14 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
You don't say. It's not a matter of disagreeing, as you fail to "see". It's a matter of it being near irrelevant if Chicago's forced to use him, thus making a big deal of it it's absolutely ridiculous. If they don't give him a start, their, how did you put it, a "Milbury" franchise? x100000000000000000.
Because it being dumb for the sake of being dumb. Look at Leblanc last night, brutal in the first, lost, then he found his way late. For a goalie, it is even worse.

Here is what I mean when I say I don't see things the way you do. Here is how I look at things.

Proposal: Start Hutton in one of the back to back games this weekend.

Pros
-Gives Crawford rest before playoffs
-Let's Hutton get his first NHL game in before the playoffs, helps work the nervousness out, especially if Emery isn't ready to go

Cons
-None

Answer: The only smart thing to do is to start Hutton one of these games. Doing otherwise would be counterproductive, aka dumb.

Quote:
No, claiming he's "in bad shape", considering how he left, is idiotic. Maybe he's still sore and came back too early. You make it seem like Emery looked seriously injured and we can clearly say he won't be playing in the playoffs. He's day-to-day, and left the ice under his own power. Dear god.
Well, the playoffs are here now. I don't like the way he, or Sharp for that matter, are going into it. The only thing we can do these last two games and insure other guys are ready just in case.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:

Excuses for what? Getting Hutton 1 game is meaningless in every possible way. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but it doesn't HAVE to happen. Playing him or not playing him isn't going to make any difference. If hes playing in the playoffs, we're done anyway.

And what looks so bad for Emery? He's injured but skated off the ice with zero help. People over react to injuries before knowing anything about them, just like when Toews got hurt against STL..our season was over when he went off, but he was back 10mins later.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote