HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Boucher recalled from ADK

Old
04-25-2013, 08:38 AM
TheTechNoir

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
They gave a half-arsed efforts all year when we were cheering for them to win. Now that losing will actually benefit the franchise, they have no right to expect us to cheer for them to win.

Losing the last two games is a must, so I'm sure they'll blow that too, and win.
Yeah, I mean I do understand the rationale and logic behind it. I just can't feel it like that. I'm objectiveo try to be when it comes to ref calls or who is outplaying who and stuff, but my desire to see someone win or lose is very subjective and emotional. I just can't watch a 60 min game jumping outta my seat when another team scores on us. I respect that though as a fan to feel this way. I was just surprised to see that it seems the vast majority or I may even be the only one who doesnt want them to lose.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 08:52 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
They gave a half-arsed efforts all year when we were cheering for them to win. Now that losing will actually benefit the franchise, they have no right to expect us to cheer for them to win.

Losing the last two games is a must, so I'm sure they'll blow that too, and win.
You mean a young team is playing better now that the pressure is off? Color me shocked.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:37 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
If Boosh was retiring and we were giving him that one last start for O&B, wouldn't he be playing tonight at our last home game?

I guess he's not retiring because Bryz is playing tonight. Maybe he's just a safety net for the end of the season.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:45 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
you have to think he's going to retire after the season. he can't play in the NHL anymore

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:47 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
If Boosh was retiring and we were giving him that one last start for O&B, wouldn't he be playing tonight at our last home game?

I guess he's not retiring because Bryz is playing tonight. Maybe he's just a safety net for the end of the season.
maybe they let him play the 3rd or something. seeing him back on the ice would be cool assuming he is in fact done after this season.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:53 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
maybe they let him play the 3rd or something. seeing him back on the ice would be cool assuming he is in fact done after this season.
Just letting him play in the 3rd would seem kind of petty.

We have nothing to play for. If he was in fact retiring, we should've let him play a full game at home.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:52 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Just letting him play in the 3rd would seem kind of petty.

We have nothing to play for. If he was in fact retiring, we should've let him play a full game at home.
i agree 100 percent that if he's retiring they should've let him start but again if he's retiring i would prefer he plays one period on home ice then nothing at all. that's just me though

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:48 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgboys1 View Post
^^^this^^^.

Mason needs to be sitting his ass on the bench. There is no need for quality goaltending now. Save it for next season and tank the last 2 games for a better draft pick.
This is why I hate flyers fanss

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:59 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
This is why I hate flyers fanss
Echoed. It's disgraceful to be honest.

04-25-2013, 02:51 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
no its not. this team isn't making the playoffs so who cares if they win. its pointless. keep losing and get help in a position we need help in. its common sense to be honest

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:54 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat sauce View Post
no its not. this team isn't making the playoffs so who cares if they win. its pointless. keep losing and get help in a position we need help in. its common sense to be honest
No it's not. People actually still go to the games and don't want to watch their team lose. I get you want a higher draft position, but if those 4 spots are the determining factor for the future of your team then you have bigger issues to worry about. These are professionals for God's sake, they're not just gonna roll over and die to get a better spot. They're playing for jobs too.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:57 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
No it's not. People actually still go to the games and don't want to watch their team lose. I get you want a higher draft position, but if those 4 spots are the determining factor for the future of your team then you have bigger issues to worry about. These are professionals for God's sake, they're not just gonna roll over and die to get a better spot. They're playing for jobs too.
Tell that to the Edmonton Oilers franchise.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Jack de la Hoya

I'm looking forward to the point when this team is back in playoff contention--if for no other reason than to avoid the annoying, overly moralized debates about whether or not it is acceptable to want your team to drop points down the stretch to improve draft position.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 03:23 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I'm looking forward to the point when this team is back in playoff contention--if for no other reason than to avoid the annoying, overly moralized debates about whether or not it is acceptable to want your team to drop points down the stretch to improve draft position.
AGREED. I am sorry I am one of those annoying people Jack!

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 04:30 PM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

Quote:

Maybe it's Bryz's last home game?

OzFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 08:51 PM
flyingsouth

Quote:

Don't know about retiring, but I don't really see us resigning him... Just thought it might have been a nice gesture to see him on his way if that was the case given that these remaining games are kinda meaningless.

Quote:
Why you heff to be med?

Personally, I don't care. A win is always a win and a loss would mean a better draft pick, right? Trying to see the upside of missing the playoffs here!

I'm not actually on board with tanking, but I enjoy some of the humour that people here have derived from it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
This. A thousand times over.

flyingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Just got in from work and checked the boxscore...If Boucher is to retire at the end of the season, The organization should take a long ****ing look in the mirror with the way they conducted themselves tonight. Completely unacceptable and not soon forgotten by this long standing fan.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:31 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

we still have one more game

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:39 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Just got in from work and checked the boxscore...If Boucher is to retire at the end of the season, The organization should take a long ****ing look in the mirror with the way they conducted themselves tonight. Completely unacceptable and not soon forgotten by this long standing fan.
They're playing for "pride" man. This is serious business.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:39 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Boucher's a career journey man back-up goalie who had one good season with us. What do you expect the organization do do for him? We've already done more than enough for him at this point in his career (give him a job)

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:44 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Boucher's a career journey man back-up goalie who had one good season with us. What do you expect the organization do do for him? We've already done more than enough for him at this point in his career (give him a job)
I was just kidding. I could care less about what they do with Boucher. They'll probably end up giving him a job within the organization after this season.

I'm more pissed at the fact these clowns finally decided to show up with 5 games left in the season. It would have been great if they had that "pride" in game 1 of the season.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Cardds

Quote:

Um, do you not understand that it might be because the pressure is off already for us to make the playoffs plus AHLers playing to proof themselves? Maybe that's why we've been winning

Last edited by Cardds: 04-25-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Cardds is offline   Reply With Quote