HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Winnipeg Jets | 8:00pm et | RDS, TSN-Habs/Jets

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 02:02 PM
habdynasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Tinordi needs to add 15-20 lbs. to his frame during the off season. His shutdown ability would be greatly enhanced.
At least he has reach.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:03 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
Even though this is not a home game, jetski dog is back to warrant us a convincing W

Go Habs Go!
/

Bonus .gif
Even though the Youppi/bear GIF only becomes valid if Boston gets a point less than us tonight, AWESOME to have jetski dog on board! Now I feel more confident a win is in the cards.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
At least he has reach.
And he can scrap, if needed. He obviously fills a need. We haven't had that type of octupus-like coverage from a D since Hal Gill.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:05 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Missed this earlier.

HA! Nice.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:07 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
For the life of me I do not understand how they gave this guy his own show. What were they thinking?..
A little segment, fine, I got that, but his own show??? I'd fire Chris and the guy that gave him the show.
Id prefer if they pulled Star off of the morning show and put him from noon to 3......

Old
04-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Anybody knows the D pairing?

I hope they will use Tinordi on his good side, like they did with Beaulieu.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:11 PM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Bouillon being able to hit is not a significantly important feature of his because he does not win puck battles even with his alleged and overrated hitting prowess. Rather than try to replace Emelin with a smaller, much crappier, not as offensively aware substitute, it is better to use an equivalently crappy Dman who can at least do something well, in which Weber can in running the 2nd wave PP. Bouillon is terribly overrated because he got Subban alot this season and playing with Subban makes even the worst of Dmen look decent. Weber never had such a luxury.
One could argue the same about Weber's ability to run the second PP. We average about six minutes and forty eight seconds of PP time a game. Markov and Subban eat up four minutes and forty seconds of that, so that leaves two minutes and eight seconds a game for Weber. The best PP in the NHL (Washington) scores one goal for about every six minutes and six seconds of PP time. That means that Weber will score a goal every three games if he elevates the second unit to the quality of the league's best PP.

Meanwhile Boullion, whose hitting might be more effective if he was bigger and able to gain puck possession after hits, still accounts for 21% of the total hits from the blueline this season (and 32% of those by players who are able to play tonight). That physicality, even if it doesn't separate players from pucks counts for something - it makes opponents aware, forces them to make their plays faster. It Frank the Tank as good as Emelin? No, AINEC. Is he the only option we have right now? Pretty much.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Habit11

Any chance Pleks will play with the two best scoring wingers on the team? Like, actually put the top scoring LW C RW on the same line. Maybe? 4 of Max's last 5 goals have been while playing with Pleks and Ryder has looked his best with Pleks. Seems like a no brainer.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Well second PP is Diaz and while I agree that him + LJV packs a bigger punch, I'm not sure those specific mainly shooters are the best combo. Cube isn't that bad on the PP. When it's him and Gorges, it's horrrible, but IMO cuz of Gorges. Boullion can feed Diaz.

As for digging the puck out, Boullion and LJV seem to be equally good (or bad) at it ATM, but as much as this sounds like MT, I think Boullion brings some intangibles including experience that Weber doesn't. I actually think the latter has played well since his insertion into the lineup, I just don't know what Tinordi - LJV would look like. That's why I wish we had tried this stuff earlier instead. Unfortunately the auditions during good times + LJV's injury prevented us from testing it out.

If we are going to be more physical, Boullion hits, Weber does not. Has to be bottom pairing and minimal minutes though. Would love to see Tinordi and LJV both in, but no time.

Just remember that bringing in Boullion was one of the "great small moves" MB was praised for by all media before things went south so IMO it's about usage.

Our PP sucks because of our fwds, not our D. (Though lately Markov and PK have been flubbing it at the blueline.)
As it stands, practically all of our PP production comes from the "Markov" wave while the second wave is like an old man with a terminal illness. So teams can stack their best Pker's to stop the Markov wave and send out their second tier PKers to take care of our laughable second wave. We got all our eggs in one basket, so to speak.

Bouillon still has no instincts to run a PP, and Diaz can distribute as well as shoot.

Yes, Bouillon's experience is helpful, even if we don't see it, but at the same time, 18 minutes a night is a wee bit much...

Old
04-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Tusk

I'm out of the country and will be until around game 2 or 3 of the playoffs.

What's with Drewiskie, is he healthy scratched or injured, as I see he's not in any of the projected pairings?

Old
04-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Huge game for the Jets so this should be playoffs like.

no excuses.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 50
Go Habs!

Old
04-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
And he can scrap, if needed. He obviously fills a need. We haven't had that type of octupus-like coverage from a D since Hal Gill.
Gill had the advantage of experience but Tinordi can gain it and he has mobility, something Gill never had. He has the potential to be better than Gill ever was if he develops properly.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
if 2nd gets you ottawa (with karlsson) and 4th or 5th gets you toronto, do montreal really want 2nd?

Old
04-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
if 2nd gets you ottawa (with karlsson) and 4th or 5th gets you toronto, do montreal really want 2nd?
Karlsson won't be 100%, however Karlsson at 20%is still more deadly than 80% of the bottom 66% of 90% of the teams.

I'll miss the first. I believe we're undefeated when I go to play ball hockey. Sadly, it's only on Thursdays so it won't pull us through the playoffs.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:31 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Feel bad for Weber, thought he played pretty good. But excited to see Tinordi either way.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Feel bad for Weber, thought he played pretty good. But excited to see Tinordi either way.
He didn't play his usual completely useless, but you can't have a d-core of midgets and weaklings.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Kurplunk

Go Habs,,

Old
04-25-2013, 03:39 PM
sampollock

well just rolled into the peg, next door in the hotel from the mts

is price playing???

Old
04-25-2013, 03:55 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Just as everyone here is surprised Nathan can scrap they will be equally surprised that Jared can't. He gets smoked by the smallest guys. I guess he is a lot like Gill.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:07 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Anybody knows the D pairing?

I hope they will use Tinordi on his good side, like they did with Beaulieu.
Tinordi will most likely be with Bouillon, and i would assume Markov-Diaz, Subban-Gorges.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:15 PM
poetryinmotion

So Weber is done? Such a fall from grace, unbelievable.

We should have sent him for a conditioning stint in the AHL during all those call-ups would have benefited every party involved.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 04-25-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old
04-25-2013, 04:30 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He didn't play his usual completely useless, but you can't have a d-core of midgets and weaklings.
He actually muscled a few guys off the puck the other night. I was impressed.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:31 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Why did the NFL draft have to be on the same day and at the same time of the habs game?

Old
04-25-2013, 04:34 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
well just rolled into the peg, next door in the hotel from the mts

is price playing???
ya Price is starting. I updated the OP with starting lineups.

Closed Thread