HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 07:25 PM
dahlenrules

vCash: 500
Thanks. Anything close to and in the arena that is a must see/do?

Old
04-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlenrules View Post
Thanks. Anything close to and in the arena that is a must see/do?
Doors open at 11:30. Get in early and walk around the main concourse. Some cool stuff.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

nevermind

Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 04-23-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old
04-24-2013, 09:09 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

I've paid virtually no attention this season due to my self-imposed 1-year NHL ban. Has anything been announced with regards to distribution of draft tickets? Cant imagine it will be very difficult to get tickets, but I'd like to know when info is released and I still haven't seen anything.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I've paid virtually no attention this season due to my self-imposed 1-year NHL ban. Has anything been announced with regards to distribution of draft tickets? Cant imagine it will be very difficult to get tickets, but I'd like to know when info is released and I still haven't seen anything.
Knowing Lou, I assume they are going to wait till after the Devils season or even the NHL season is over till they announce anything.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:01 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Knowing Lou, I assume they are going to wait till after the Devils season or even the NHL season is over till they announce anything.
Perhaps the Devils season, NHL season would be too late (draft is 06/30).

Anyway, if any STH eventually has an extra they cant use (because I think it's predictably obvious STH will be given free tickets) I plan on going.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Perhaps the Devils season, NHL season would be too late (draft is 06/30).

Anyway, if any STH eventually has an extra they cant use (because I think it's predictably obvious STH will be given free tickets) I plan on going.
They have already promised STH's free draft tickets

I think there will be a LOT of extras floating around. The amount of people who want to go is much lower then the number of tickets they'll make available, especially as it gets closer.

04-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post

I think there will be a LOT of extras floating around. The amount of people who want to go is much lower then the number of tickets they'll make available, especially as it gets closer.
Good to hear. Do you think they'll release tickets to the public at all? Or is the only way through extra STH's tickets?

Old
04-24-2013, 10:44 AM
BigBlueAndRed

Looks like the Penguins last year had 5,000 for the public given away in a ticketmaster type scenario:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=632399

Old
04-24-2013, 10:51 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:

It's a little different this year now that the entire draft is crammed into one day and starts in the afternoon.

What I want to know is is it first come first serve as far as getting a particular seat or are the tickets going to be in a specific area?

Old
04-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Good to hear. Do you think they'll release tickets to the public at all? Or is the only way through extra STH's tickets?
There's almost certainly going to be a public sale, and the secondary markets will not be pricey at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
It's a little different this year now that the entire draft is crammed into one day and starts in the afternoon.

What I want to know is is it first come first serve as far as getting a particular seat or are the tickets going to be in a specific area?
Yes, and no in terms of the first part. There will be some higher demand from players/families, but not a great amount.

I'd imagine that the likely scenario is the 100/200 will be public and STHs while the lower bowl will be players/families/etc. But that's just an assumption.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:35 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:

Yeah, the NHL draft isnt a high-demand thing unless it's in Canada. In Canada, they could probably sell out an arena to watch Jarome Iginla play Mouse Trap with Sidney Crosby.

Old
04-25-2013, 02:53 PM
BCdevil

I have already given up on last season's draft party, the bbq, the skate with the team, etc. but is it safe to assume that there won't be a team awards ceremony open to STHs this season? If so, that's a huge disappointment.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdevil View Post
I have already given up on last season's draft party, the bbq, the skate with the team, etc. but is it safe to assume that there won't be a team awards ceremony open to STHs this season? If so, that's a huge disappointment.
It's a shortened season, so the rules of player availability to the club per the NHL/PA agreements are dramatically different.

The Devils simply didn't have access to the players to have these events this year. It's equally the PA's fault as much as the Devils.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:50 PM
BCdevil

Quote:
It's a shortened season, so the rules of player availability to the club per the NHL/PA agreements are dramatically different.

The Devils simply didn't have access to the players to have these events this year. It's equally the PA's fault as much as the Devils.
I understand that the access was limited this year but that's no excuse. The lack of an equipment sale LAST year had nothing to do with player access. Also, other teams had at least one player event. I assumed all along that they would shaft us on most renewal benefits but that there would still be a team awards ceremony. There is no reason why it could not have been planned way in advance for either yesterday (more likely) or tomorrow. To top it all off, there has been no communication whatsoever about the missed events. For everything that they got right coming out of the gate in January, the Fan Experience Team has dropped the ball big time.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
I understand that the access was limited this year but that's no excuse. The lack of an equipment sale LAST year had nothing to do with player access. Also, other teams had at least one player event. I assumed all along that they would shaft us on most renewal benefits but that there would still be a team awards ceremony. There is no reason why it could not have been planned way in advance for either yesterday (more likely) or tomorrow. To top it all off, there has been no communication whatsoever about the missed events. For everything that they got right coming out of the gate in January, the Fan Experience Team has dropped the ball big time.
The equipment sale was because they were loosing tons of money by selling that stuff that they started returning now I'm very disapointed they don't do it anymore, but it is what it is. A lot of teams don't do them...

And as for the player events - it wasn't mandated by any agreements this year AFAIK. And you know that if the players aren't forced to meet with fans they probably don't want to, and you *know* Lou isn't going to force it.

I agree that with the short season the team dropped the ball in a lot of ways, but putting the entire thing on them is a little misguided IMHO.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:01 PM
BCdevil

Quote:
The equipment sale was because they were loosing tons of money by selling that stuff that they started returning now I'm very disapointed they don't do it anymore, but it is what it is. A lot of teams don't do them...

And as for the player events - it wasn't mandated by any agreements this year AFAIK. And you know that if the players aren't forced to meet with fans they probably don't want to, and you *know* Lou isn't going to force it.

I agree that with the short season the team dropped the ball in a lot of ways, but putting the entire thing on them is a little misguided IMHO.
How is it misguided to claim that the team did not deliver on benefits that were offered for early renewal? I don't really care if the equipment sale was costing the team money. If that's the case, don't promise it as part of renewal. The lack of a team awards (I am not even talking about the autograph session that usually goes with it) boils down to poor planning and nothing else. I know that there are other factors but that's no excuse. I am trying not to veer too far into the territory of "I am a season ticket holder, I am owed something" but if the team is going to take a 10 month loan from its STHs, those STHs are owed either what was promised or a damn good explanation as to why they're not getting it.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:31 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

If they are losing money on equipment sales do what the Canucks and Islanders do, sell them at market price. No one is making the Devils sell sticks for 50-75. They could easily get several hundred for the bigger name players.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:32 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

And the team DID promise an equipment sale on Twitter as a lockout thank you.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Hockeychica

NHL Draft

We plan on making a trip for the NHL Draft the end of June. Any suggestions on hotels/areas to stay? Thanks!

Old
04-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeychica View Post
We plan on making a trip for the NHL Draft the end of June. Any suggestions on hotels/areas to stay? Thanks!
Marriott connected to The Rock

Old
04-26-2013, 12:12 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
The equipment sale was because they were loosing tons of money by selling that stuff that they started returning now I'm very disapointed they don't do it anymore, but it is what it is. A lot of teams don't do them..

How do you return used sticks? Or did you mean the unused sticks?

Even if it's the unused, I wonder how that works. Seems odd.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:19 AM
Scott04

Quote:
How is it misguided to claim that the team did not deliver on benefits that were offered for early renewal? I don't really care if the equipment sale was costing the team money. If that's the case, don't promise it as part of renewal. The lack of a team awards (I am not even talking about the autograph session that usually goes with it) boils down to poor planning and nothing else. I know that there are other factors but that's no excuse. I am trying not to veer too far into the territory of "I am a season ticket holder, I am owed something" but if the team is going to take a 10 month loan from its STHs, those STHs are owed either what was promised or a damn good explanation as to why they're not getting it.
Do we know that the team is even having team awards? I don't mean the STH event. I mean actually awards given out within the team. There's a decent shot there is no event because there just isn't any team awards that they're giving out. A shortened season with different CBA requirements in regards to mandated days off can affect a lot of things here.

Old
05-01-2013, 05:35 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Info on draft tickets: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...nter/#comments

05-02-2013, 01:00 PM
PrairieHabber

My son and I travel from Manitoba, Canada to attend the NHL Draft every year. Looks like the Devils aren't going to make it easy to buy them so if any season ticket holders are planning to sell your tickets, please message me. Thanks.

Closed Thread