HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Defensive D to MTL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2013, 04:20 PM
  #1
XxCanadiensxX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Defensive D to MTL

Maybe Orpik? Or Smid?

XxCanadiensxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 04:32 PM
  #2
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Or a 2nd for Dillon from dallas

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 05:04 PM
  #3
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,414
vCash: 500
I could see either scuds or Regher not being re-signed in LA (just due to cpa reasons) if so Montreal should go after one of them.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 05:22 PM
  #4
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I could see either scuds or Regher not being re-signed in LA (just due to cpa reasons) if so Montreal should go after one of them.
Yeah, go after a UFA. But don't get carried away paying out a premium contract for one. Habs have 6 guys under contract and some young guys on the way. It's not a situation that calls out for paying a stay-at-homer $4M on a 4+ year deal. It might mean the Habs don't get one, of course. But they've already got that contract down on Gorges, and probably need more of a bargain bin option when adding somebody.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 05:22 PM
  #5
capitalsrock
Registered User
 
capitalsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
You want Jeff Schultz

You need Jeff Schultz

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 05:41 PM
  #6
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Or a 2nd for Dillon from dallas
You actually think a 2nd gets you Dillon?


Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 05:47 PM
  #7
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
You actually think a 2nd gets you Dillon?

at least I started with somekind of offer.and I didnt say which one either...we have 3. Now, let me guess. A 1st or "not moving for your garbage" or "start with Subban"

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:30 PM
  #8
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
at least I started with somekind of offer.and I didnt say which one either...we have 3. Now, let me guess. A 1st or "not moving for your garbage" or "start with Subban"
Although he hasn't gotten the headlines that the Brodins/Hamiltons/Schultzs have, Dillon has been in that same class IMO. Considering the physicality and meanness he has is almost totally lacking on the Dallas blueline, he really isn't available. The only scenario I would trade Dillon would be in a package for a Subban/Webber/Pietrangelo/OEL type number 1, and those guys just aren't available for trade.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:30 PM
  #9
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,049
vCash: 500
Volchenkov

for


Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:01 PM
  #10
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Although he hasn't gotten the headlines that the Brodins/Hamiltons/Schultzs have, Dillon has been in that same class IMO. Considering the physicality and meanness he has is almost totally lacking on the Dallas blueline, he really isn't available. The only scenario I would trade Dillon would be in a package for a Subban/Webber/Pietrangelo/OEL type number 1, and those guys just aren't available for trade.
No doubt he would fill a need for MTL. He plays a role/style similar to Emelin here. But no way in heck will a team that is a playoff contender (NSH had one bad year) trade a #1D man for a #4D man even if other good parts are added.

Now to get a team to trade from a position with organizational depth (in MTL that's top 6/9 C) I would trade Desharnais to Dallas to fill their #2C role (with pieces either way to even it out)

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:24 PM
  #11
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
No doubt he would fill a need for MTL. He plays a role/style similar to Emelin here. But no way in heck will a team that is a playoff contender (NSH had one bad year) trade a #1D man for a #4D man even if other good parts are added.

Now to get a team to trade from a position with organizational depth (in MTL that's top 6/9 C) I would trade Desharnais to Dallas to fill their #2C role (with pieces either way to even it out)
Like I said before, there's no reason to move a top dman for a bunch of pieces. Dillon is our #2 and defensive defenseman is our 2nd biggest need area.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:56 PM
  #12
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,612
vCash: 500
The Habs just need a healthy Emelin in the lineup and Jarred Tinordi who is developing nicely. Its no coincidence that the Habs recent slide has coincided with Emelin's injury.

Tinordi is here to stay and will get some NHL playoff experience. Next season he is expected to fill a bottom pairing role. He is exactly what the Habs need next season.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:13 PM
  #13
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCanadiensxX View Post
Maybe Orpik? Or Smid?
Be realistic Smid just resigned with Edmonton? He's not going any where.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:53 PM
  #14
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
The Habs just need a healthy Emelin in the lineup and Jarred Tinordi who is developing nicely. Its no coincidence that the Habs recent slide has coincided with Emelin's injury.

Tinordi is here to stay and will get some NHL playoff experience. Next season he is expected to fill a bottom pairing role. He is exactly what the Habs need next season.
This.

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Diaz

Now they might get a replacement if Emelin isn't ready to start the season but I would guess that Bouillon will be asked to fill in in the mean time and that's it.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:18 AM
  #15
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,526
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
You could always go sign Regehr or Scuderi as a stopgap.

And it would take at least two of your 2nds to get Dillon. Even then Dallas probably says no regardless.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:28 AM
  #16
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,011
vCash: 50
Nick Schultz

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:12 AM
  #17
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
You could always go sign Regehr or Scuderi as a stopgap.

And it would take at least two of your 2nds to get Dillon. Even then Dallas probably says no regardless.
Yah I would give much more than that for Dillon. He is one hell of a player. Incredibly underrated.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:19 AM
  #18
habber25
Registered User
 
habber25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Yah I would give much more than that for Dillon. He is one hell of a player. Incredibly underrated.
the thing about that is that the stars know his real value, and won't trade him for anything short of overpayment

habber25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:54 AM
  #19
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
You could always go sign Regehr or Scuderi as a stopgap.

And it would take at least two of your 2nds to get Dillon. Even then Dallas probably says no regardless.
Regehr or Scuderi would be great, if it doesn't take a ridiculous contract (ex 4M over 4yrs)

Dillon is a great young Dman, but that would be too much, Murray got that and he is much more established and proven. I have a feeling he'll play a similar game to this year and if he works on his transition game (which had some issues, but as a rookie, it's expected) he'll be a big name for many years.

I'd sooner give Tinordi the roster spot before paying that for a Defensive Dman as he is already here and is capable of that style of play and has shown flashes already.



Also, Gainey is probably wispering in Joe's ear now about trading him away for Weber

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:55 AM
  #20
mrinsane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
I can see Brent Seabrook or Ryan O'byrne as solution but Bourque or Desharnais are key to acquire RHD with two way skills

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:02 AM
  #21
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Tallinder for a 3rd.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
  #22
Domino11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
I can see Brent Seabrook or Ryan O'byrne as solution but Bourque or Desharnais are key to acquire RHD with two way skills
R u putting seabrook and o'byrne at he same level ?? Cause if u do the your out of your mind !! O'byrne has nothing close to offensive skills lolll

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:32 PM
  #23
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
I can see Brent Seabrook or Ryan O'byrne as solution but Bourque or Desharnais are key to acquire RHD with two way skills
Wow, you're terrible

OP forgot to mention that the defensive that we want has to play MEAN. We have Gorges, we don't need a 2nd one.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:06 PM
  #24
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,526
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
I'll trade you Larsen for... uh... something? Got a center?

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:08 PM
  #25
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Hainsey will probably be available July 5th.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.